[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Staying in dorm. What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1467983468783.jpg (43 KB, 599x401) Image search: [Google]
1467983468783.jpg
43 KB, 599x401
I finally just got all the financials I need and was able to sign up for school. I'll be staying at a university dorm and I know the name and email of my roommate already. My step dad said to email him asap to get to know him and discuss whose bringing what.

I'm very introverted and only have a few friends who I've had for a long time so I don't really know how to get this started.

What should I say in a situation like this?
Also any tips for a newcomer to dorm life and being away from home?
>>
Just chill, don't get so nervous and be friendly with everyone.
Get interested in people's hobbies and join them, just relax.
>>
I've been in your shoes. I was homeschooled and then moved to the forms, was pretty nervous about it going into it. My first roommate on the other hand was a high school quarterback. People tend to be really friendly in the dorms, so welcome your new dorm mates openly and be friendly. Don't ever close your door unless you're changing clothes, banging a girl, or sleeping. (I almost never studied in the dorms because it was too loud and inviting/distracting).

If you're invited to go to something, go. It's the fastest way to making friends, and people are usually very friendly towards the people who live with them.
>>
"Hey, ______.
Looks like I'll be your roommate this year. You want to start talking about how we're going to set up the room? I'll be able to bring/I am definitely bringing ______ (utilities, tv, game system, etc.). Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Sincerely,
Anon"
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.