[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
peace with roommate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
I rent a room in a house with many people. Luckily, many of them stay somewhere else.

My roommate got out of a large sexually-charged conflict with a another roommate who had a crush on him. This roommate felt rejected and started bullying him. It must have been some real shit, because it escalated into a fight and the guy with the crush leaving out of fear.

Now he's being stand-offish because I get moods and he's afraid I'm going to start some kind of conflict with him. He started talking about never knowing if you're dealing with a sociopath or a narcissist, which could offend me, but I really sympathize with that concern. Instead of being nice, though, I just "assured" him I wasn't a troublesome person.

I would really rather he was comfortable with me and understood that we're not going to get in any sort of fight. Should I just leave him alone? What kind of gesture would make him trust me more, a gift as a show of good will or something?
>>
>>17351855
For me, I'd make food. Don't do it like "this is for you, as a gift" but more casually, like "oh I'm made X, got some extra if you want, its good" or "Hey, I got extra X in the fridge if you're hungry, its free to take."
Obviously, don't make it so you're just giving him cold leftovers or something, and you're going to want to time it so you're not cooking for the entire house. Unless you make chili, cos you can make tons of chili for cheap.

That's usually the way I get on good terms with new roommates that I don't know; I make food and get them a beer and usually people appreciate that.
>>
>>17351855
nothing, for you have already both understood the situation. move on and be more standoffish with him anyways. continue to mind your business.

the more you make a point to make a point of it all, the more you are revealing how you define him. thus the more the situation changes from him, alone. just continue to mind your business from all of your room mates. the best thing you can do is move out as soon as possible.
>>
Link to video that will get me to quit my job plz?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.