[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How stupid is it to give up a stable, well-paid job for one which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
How stupid is it to give up a stable, well-paid job for one which pays less, is probably stable and allows travel? I am an undergraduate student (not from the US) who picked a field to study, but I am thinking about switching to something else and I can't help but not try my best at school
>>
You should follow what you think is best for you.
>>
>>17342628
Suppose the future were not an issue. What would you want to do?

(The future is NOT an issue at your age. Even if you wasted a few years on the wrong path it would mean little in the long run. And in the modern economy there is no such thing as a "stable" job.
>>
>>17342647
Bullshit

>>17342628
What you need to consider OP, is what YOU prefer. If you have a well paid job, odds are you will get to travel. Sure you might travel a lot with your shittier job, but when you come back home and see your shitty car, just remember, "I could be driving a Benz.

Believe me, I'm doing my second year in med school, and I have heard legends of surgeons retiring at 30, and buying houses in south east Asia, fucking women ever day. Sure it's hell, but if even half what I've heard is true, hell yeah.
>>
>>17342659
Well the other job is not exactly shitty.
The higher pay job may lead to promotion and if so early retirement in my 50s.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.