[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the cops are calling your and parents phones asking you to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 279x181
If the cops are calling your and parents phones asking you to come talk to them do you have to? I know you aren't required to go to the station and take questions unless you're actually arrested but can you just not answer their calls or do you have to call them back
>>
>>17337953

depends on your age. if you are under 18, yeah you have to answer.

if you are over 18 its considered bad to not answer the police because if your parents have, for instance, filed a missing persons report, you are wasting police resources by not answering the call.

if you dont want to talk to your parents, fine, but when the police call answer and say 'i have moved out or whatever and dont intend to return bye'
>>
>>17337953
You are not legally obligated to speak to the police.

If you were a suspect in an investigation, they would come get you and bring you in for questioning. If they're just making phone calls then they're fishing trying to get you to come in and slip on something.

If they could legally compel you, they would have by now.
>>
Straight hang the phone up.

Send 'em to the voicemail.

Treat 'em like a clothes hanger, straight hang 'em up.

Seriously though, if they're talking to you on the phone it's a scare tactic and they got nothing and they expect you to squeal right then and there.

I'm a big time illegal dumper, and I get these calls all the time. "Uhh, well, it appears that your trash was found in this ditch."

"I don't know how my trash got into that ditch, officer. Thank you."

Years, and all they have is trash in ditches and my name on a few receipts.
>>
>>17337953
you don't have to answer their calls or talk to them unless you're under arrest, and even if you are under arrest you still have the right to remain silent which you should use unless your lawyer says otherwise. A judge can ask for your presence in court with a summons, or legally compel you to appear with a subpoena, but the police can't.

Give this legal lecture a watch, it makes a very coherent case as to why you should never talk to police in any circumstances because it can only hurt you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

also if police show up at your door, don't invite them inside unless they have a warrant and if you're ever at a traffic stop and a cop asks to search your vehicle tell him you do not consent to the search. If he feels he has a reason to search like smelling weed or you acting quite suspicious he can do it anyway, but otherwise its illegal unless you let him.
(btw I'm a cop)
>>
>>17337969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM
stop fucking littering you massive faggot
>>
>>17337976
Okay it's been 2 months since the incidence and about a month since they talked to me so I'm not sure what to do I was thinking they can arrest me but they're just trying to get any dirt on me they can

Now there's another incident going on with my neighbors where they vandalized some shit or something I'm not sure what happened and the police came to talk to my mom and she said I wasn't home over something unrelated I did to the neighbors (smashed a beer bottle in their yard for being loud as fuck) and the police left a card and said to call them. Any info on that? It would have to depend on if they had the beer bottle or not right? When they came to talk to me they saw a beer bottle and said it matched the same brand
>>
>>17337961
Also I am a suspect
>>
>>17337991
don't talk to them, and stop being a stupid shit who smashes a beer bottle in his neighbor's yard because they're being too loud
>>
>>17337980
The faster we trash this planet, the faster we'll want to get off of it.

FUND NASA, LITTER EVERYTHING
>>
>>17337997
Don't say anything until they arrest you, and if they do the only words out of your mouth should be "I'd like my lawyer to be here, and I'd like a coke on ice while I wait."
>>
>>17338013
My god you're crazy. But then again we're on 4chinz I guess.
>>
>>17338016
They haven't arrested me yet. Is there a way to know if they will?
>>
>>17338127
I'd leave it at empty threats and not sweat it.

Police don't call actual criminals and let them know they're a suspect and that they need to come to the station at your own will.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.