[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hobbies and interests?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: JUST1.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST1.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
I find so many things interesting but I can only read about so many things and even then.. I get depressed because I can't really do anything with the information I find out.

For example, I just watched all the mad max movies recently. I love that series. So I started reading about car engines, petrol as a chemical, etc.

I found it very interesting.. okay good, now what? I can't really apply this knowledge and do anything with it.

Basically, I hate gaining knowledge and not being able to use it. How do I develop the knowledge I pursue into active hobbies?

Just the other day I read about metallurgy but I will never be able to do it. Read about peat bogs and furnaces and shit. Interesting stuff but in reality.. what the fuck am I going to do with knowledge about peat bogs and furnaces?
>>
>>17314844

Worldbuilding is a great hobby with a lot of different aspects. It's a great motivator for researching and learning about stuff, be it political, cultural, learning about climates, too many things to list really, but all the stuff you research directly transfers to building a more interesting and believable world.
>>
>>17315873
What do you mean by world building? >>17315873
>>
>>17315887
You basically brainstorm and create your own fantasy world and fill it with cultures and civilizations that you've created, drawing inspiration from real world history. You can draw maps, draw characters from your world, do some kind of creative writing, like poetry from your in-world characters, or just do some descriptive writing about some element of your world, it can be anything. And the best part is that since there are so many different aspects to the hobby, you can hop around to another aspect when you get bored. And, like I said, it involves a whole lot of research. You could, for example, research and learn about some way a real world civilization organized their government, put some creative spin on it, then write a description of it.
>>
OP what is your job?
>>
>>17315937
I am a computer technician.

>>17315896
This does sound interesting.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.