[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to ask about anger. I'm not...strongly emotional,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1464050270644.jpg (57 KB, 554x527) Image search: [Google]
1464050270644.jpg
57 KB, 554x527
I want to ask about anger. I'm not...strongly emotional, exactly, and I can usually cool down very easily, but there's a point where I make the jump from "annoyed," "irritated," or "disgusted" to "livid." And when that happens, people don't respond like they do to most angry people--they get scared. Nervous. I don't even have to say anything, but once I've passed that threshold everyone reacts. Children stop talking, people my age back away or turn to face me, and adults stop whatever they're doing to keep one eye on me.

So some of the questions I have for you are: how do you measure your anger relative to that of other people? Have you experienced similar reactions? What do you think it is about me or MY anger that elicits this kind of response? And do you think I should talk to someone "professional" about this?
>>
>>17310243
Well I'm more and more stressed about my work and future and relationships. I usually sleep on it or play video games but since I can only sleep just what I need I'm becoming more and more angry. When I saw one of my friends the other day she felt it even if I spoke calmly.
So if you have time, do a relaxing activity and if you don't, take some because in anger you only find remorse (most of the time).
I'd say a professional is needed when you begin to let your anger out on those you care about.
And also, if the cause of the anger is valid, you should solve the problem
>>
>>17310243
You can definitely go to a psychologist although i would just recommend you to change your perspective of things. Usually i only get that angry when something meams a lot to me, maybe you should just try and care less about that thing in particular, maybe you should stop listening or just ignore the person before you get angry.
This can seriously lead to you bitchslapping someone and then realizing you didn't mean to do it.
>>
I have found diet can be a trigger. Booze is an obvious one, but even a high-fat meal can leave me just slightly more on edge than normal.
>>
>>17310243
Appearing mad can be interpreted a lot of ways. I'm a pretty large guy, so a lot of smaller, shorter, people (particularly female) often are a little intimidated from the get-go. If I'm in a bad, depressed or even overly neutral mood, a lot of times I notice people will look at me with a hint of fear. So I try to smile more (which sometimes backfires as someone will think I'm a creep/pedo/etc), so you can't win them all.

Overall, you need to think about what it is that's making people so "afraid". Is it your voice? Face? Body language? If you can, try to articulate what is making you angry while keeping that in check, it can do a lot to change people's view of you from "scary" to "passionate".

I don't have much advice on how to actually lower your anger. I can say the usual things of take a break, walk away, lie down, stay hydrated, etc.

This is easier said than done, but there's always the possibility that there is a person or people that are making it worse. Ultimately, anger is inside of you, but some people are definitely able to make it worse. If you can, maybe it's time to consider having them out of your life. Again, this is much easier said than done. Particularly, if this is a person you can't leave (living at home, co-workers, etc).

>>17311062
There definitely is a diet factor. Fatty foods, particularly red meat seem to put me on edge. The worst part is that when I start getting aggravated, I tend to crave it. I have to force myself to eat something else.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.