[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interview tips and advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1464137632049.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464137632049.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
First official interview is on Monday. I never had an "official" job most of the work I've done has been off the books and I've never had an interview before. Mostly casual meeting on the levels of hey you want work? Anything I should know? What do I wear? Do I have to wear a button up and tie with shoes?
>>
>man
Wear a button up dress shirt and dark dress slacks and a tie. Polo Shirt might be okay if it's very informal. Make sure dress shoes are polished and they match your belt. Remove all piercings and hide tattoos.

>woman
Wear a knee length skirt and a blouse, conservative colors. A pantsuit also works. Closed toe shoes. Don't go overboard on makeup or jewelry. Remove all but ear piercings and hide tattoos.

Clean nails, ears, teeth. Don't use too much cologne or perfume (or any at all really).

Introduce yourself kindly to everyone you meet. Stand when you are introduced to someone. Firm handshake with 2 gentle pumps.

Bring pen, notepad, extra copies of resume, list of references. Leave your cell phone where you can't ever touch it. If you need it on you, turn it off.

Before interview, read up on the company and understand who they are and what they do. What are their longterm goals? What problems are they going through now? Who is the most important person in the company, location?

Read up on some common interview questions and practice. They hate vague answers and love explicit examples. For example, "when is a time you had conflict with your group and how did you solve it?" "Well, one time in high school I was the team leader during our stock market project..."

Maintain eye contact. If you're interviewed on a panel, look mostly at the person who asked the question. Avoid making jokes. Never be baited into bad mouthing old employers or dropping your professional attitude. Some will try to be cold to freak you out, some will try to be friendly to get you to lower your guard. Always be polite but professional.

When they ask "Do you have any questions for me?" ASK FUCKING QUESTIONS. Nothing says passive/lazy like "Uh, no that's all." Ask about the company culture, ask about specifics on the job, whatever.
>>
Join CO*OP
>>
Depends on the job, you idiot.
>>
Where the hell did half my post go

>>17289169
It's a job in a hospital delivering food to patients and I also think working a food stand

>>17289104
Thanks for the tips
>>
>>17289206
Shirt, tie, slacks (maybe chinos) and nice shoes. Match your shoes to your belt. Yes, wear a belt and make sure it is the right length. You don't need a coat.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.