[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After the Paris and Brussels attacks some of my friends used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: gayhem.jpg (91 KB, 632x463) Image search: [Google]
gayhem.jpg
91 KB, 632x463
After the Paris and Brussels attacks some of my friends used french and belgian flag-filters on there social media. However, after the Orlando terror they didn't use the rainbow flag filter.

I feel this is a bit hurtful. I am not gay, but I manned up enough to use the rainbow flag as a filter.

How can I bring up this subject without seeming like one of those PC-goblins who are trying to be on everyones case about irrelevant shit?
>>
For what it's worth, Facebook kept pushing the Paris and Brussels filters in my face, while I have't been offered the Orlando one at all. Maybe they just haven't seen the option
>>
>>17256246
>I feel this is a bit hurtful. I am not gay, but I manned up enough to use the rainbow flag as a filter.
I hope you understand how fucking retarded you are. Using a filter isn't helping or supporting anyone. Normal people donate money and/or blood without having to show off to the fucking world. "Oh, look at me! I'm SO sympathetic to this cause! Give me a moment to tweak the colors on this picture to show you exactly how much I care! Oh, wait, this is old news. What's the next fresh story?"

>How can I bring up this subject without seeming like one of those PC-goblins who are trying to be on everyones case about irrelevant shit?
You don't, because that seems to be what you are.
>>
File: 1381461975557.png (72 KB, 226x263) Image search: [Google]
1381461975557.png
72 KB, 226x263
>>17256246

>How can I bring up this subject without seeming like one of those PC-goblins who are trying to be on everyones case about irrelevant shit?

You can't. Internet activism is fucking retarded and so are you if you think using a filter makes any bit of a difference to anything.

If you want to help do something that matters. This doesn't matter.
>>
That's exactly what you are, and that's exactly what you're doing. Don't try to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>17256255
>>17256256
>>17256264
People, people.. stop being so selfish. It doesn't take a lot of effort for people to change a filter. To show solidarity. Lack of solidarity with the gay community is why this happened in the first place.
>>
Just say that you wanted to show solidarity I guess. It seems kind of odd, though. Do you know any of the people who were there, or are you just doing this because you want more people to? If it's the first one, I guess that's understandable. Otherwise it seems kind of pointless. I wouldn't really feel better about the Orlando shooting just because some guy on facebook had a rainbow flag on. Even as a gay I don't really feel any sort of pride or unity upon seeing a rainbow flag, and most people are probably the same. It's just a symbol.
>>
>>17256281
>Lack of solidarity with the gay community is why this happened in the first place.
No, a radical Muslim with two open investigations, lax gun control laws/regulations and media that glamorizes murder is why this happened. Solidarity? Fucking 1/10, OP.
>>
>>17256281
It's not about effort. It's about not being a holier-than-thou-I'm-a-better-activist PC cock goblin.
>>
You can't. Just try to act like a normal person and respect everyone's choices.
>>
>>17256288
I think it's important to show you support he gay community, even though you dont know anyone in the shooting.

>>17256291
Islam has nothing to do with it. The real problem is that we don't talk more about accepting homosexuality. Homophobia murdered these people, not a religion.
>>
>>17256306
Jesus christ, it really is summer
>>
Maybe they just don't want to. I only used the French filter because it happened to come up while I was on Facebook. It's not like changing your filter means your actively doing something or going out of your way ti do nothing.

I don't think it's worth mentioning, but I would say something like "wow this filter is gay af" and then see if that reveals anything.
>>
>>17256298
I can see why you are too homophobic to show solidarity with the victims from Orlando

>>17256299
I respect peoples choices, but I just wish they could make the good choices.

>>17256312
it is summer, yes.

>>17256313
>gay af
I dont like your tone.
>>
Ah yes, slacktivism. How to do nothing while patting yourself on the back.
>>
paris and belgium were terrorism.
repressed gays kill other gays all the time.
>>
>>17256306
>Islam has nothing to do with it.
That's why I said radical. Many Muslims are in support of LGBT rights, but in the Koran, it states that Muslims should be punished for homosexual acts (based on Lot and the destruction of Sodom). Instead of looking at the Muslims in the western world, take a look at what they're doing to homosexuals in other countries (and their reasons). The issue with religions like Islam is that you can't point out issues like this without people defaming your character or threatening to kill you and your loved ones.
>>
>>17256330
even more reason to stand against homophobia.

>>17256327
Im not patting myself in the back, im patting the victims and people in need to comfort on there back.
>>
Slacktivism at its most finest.
>>
>>17256333
islam =/= homophobia
>>
>>17256341

You can say that, but that doesn't make it true.
>>
>>17256341
>islam=/=homophobia
Active imprisonment and murder is mainstream in Islam. You can be beheaded in Saudi Arabia for being gay! Would you be supportive of the Vatican if each week the pope watched catholics behead people in the streets of Rome?
With the exception of maybe Turkey, there are no majority muslim countries where it is safe to be gay.
Yeah maybe 3rd gen muslim immigrants arn't foaming at the mouth with gay hatred, but if you go to a mosque in Minnesota and declare you're gay, expect to get beaten up and suddenly find that these 'peaceful' muslims are unwilling to snitch on their congregation on your behalf.
>>
>>17256336
>Im not patting myself in the back, im patting the victims and people in need to comfort on there back.

Guess what? They give zero fucks about your rainbow colored Facebook avatar. Have you given blood? Supported anti-homophobia groups? And not just by "raising awareness", but with actual time and/or money?

Yeah, you're a textbook case of slacktivism
>>
>>17256349
>>17256372
This is not the time to be spouting hatred against other minorities in the US. We need to stand together.

>>17256373
I would do more if I lived in Florida.
>>
>>17256389
Go to your local blood bank, you dimwitted assclown.
>>
>>17256389
Muslims in America are affluent and well educated. This is actually not true of gay people who trends towards poverty. Muslims are a minority in the same sense that I, a pure blooded Norwegian american, am a minority.
>>
>>17256404
I will give blood when the FDA removes it's atrocious ban on gays being able to contribute with blood.

>>17256415
homophobe much?
>>
>>17257236
> using filters

Yea just stop, you're already a PC-goblin who thinks he is morally superior than everyone here on this board. Fuck off.

Where you using a filter when there were suicide bombings in africa or the middle east?
If I came out with my sexual preferences I would probably be an outcast, you would probably hate me too.

So fuck off with your pc bullshit, and don't force it on anyone else.
>>
>>17257531
Was ment for OP
>>
File: 091235.jpg (68 KB, 723x797) Image search: [Google]
091235.jpg
68 KB, 723x797
>>17256306
>I think it's important to show you support he gay community
>>
>>17257531
I just wanted to do something nice for the gay community.
>>
Feelings > actions/reality.

that's how America works now.
>>
File: 1376262901664.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1376262901664.gif
995 KB, 500x281
I'm a faggot and I actually hate this shit.

Don't force someone to show their support for something or emotionally coerce them into it.

If someone wants to show support for the grieving of the LGBT community after the Orlando shooting, they will do it on their own.

Guilt-tripping someone into it is dishonest and honestly your stupid pity filters aren't going to stop bullets or bring back the dead.
>>
>>17256333
>Many Muslims are in support of LGBT rights

No they're not, they all believe it should be outlawed,
in an interview with many imam in my country they all said they'd want it outlawed.

All muslim are homophobe, even the gay ones.
>>
>>17257516
Confirmed troll, god damn.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.