[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've screwed up royally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 410x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 410x440
Okay this is a long one but I'm so lost, I don't know what to do, whole story might be two or three separate posts:

>be me
>never been in a relationship before
>year ago
>see girl i have feelings for
>never talked to her until 2 months ago, surprised she approached me first, have a conversation but it was a awkward conversation because I'm too shy with women
>think nothing of it
>fast forward month later
>she told someone about the conversation, said she thought it was funny how quiet I was in the conversation and how I didn't say much
>somehow one of my friends hear about this and tells me about it and wonders why I never asked for her number
>made a whole bunch of excuses said she probably wouldn't be into a guy like me, it wouldn't work, etc
>one weekend he asks me again if I asked her anything, I said no, then he texts her saying I want her number
>WTF_MAN!!.jpg
>get paranoid because she replies saying I have to ask for her number myself, so now I'm pissed at my friend and feel like I have to ask her myself now
>don't say anything at all for two weeks, friends keep telling me to do it
>one night hanging out with friends, they mention the girl again and had this idea that I could surprise her with flowers around 10:00 pm because she works in the afternoon
>I don't want too because I've never been in a relationship and I'm afraid it wouldent work out
>they keep reassuring me that she liked me and showed texts saying she was interested and the typical (just be yourself bro XDDD)
>so they all grab me and force me into my friends car to go to a florist to buy flowers and as they keep driving I keep saying (I can't do this)
>they all ignore me
>we stop of the parking lot of her workplace
>push me out and drive to the other side of the building
>after like five minutes she sees me
>oh_fuck.jpg
>>
>>17222248
contd.
>for some odd reason I actually hand her the flowers and tell her I've been think about her for awhile and hand her the flowers
>can see how red she is and looks surprised, takes them and I chat with her more and I introduce myself to her
>eventually my friends drove back up and apparently texted one of the that she was so happy and that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done
>know now that I have to give her my number now
>next day
>she sends them a text saying she still didn't get my number
>out of nowhere my friend sends me a screenshot of him giving her my number
>start panicking because I've never texted a girl before and I get a text from her
>in my head I'm thinking all sorts of stuff, I'm furious for letting my friend make me do all of this and me not thinking sent out another text saying i didn't expect my friend to give out the number
>out of panic and me not thinking straight I sent her another text saying this probably won't work and give a weird excuse saying I like her but I didn't know how to approach you properly and that I jumped the gun with the flowers (even though that was all my fiends idea) they told her that was all me
>my friends suddenly text me that they are furious I didn't give her a shot, because she told them everything
>feel like shit the whole day because I gave her flowers then I pussied out literally the next day
>She then replies with I guess
>I reply saying I feel terrible for everything that happened and I apologize
> she says it's fine no worries
>now my "friends" are this whole time they were trying to prop us together and I ruined it

Currently I feel miserable and I can't stop thinking about it, I was thinking about text her back and saying I changed my mind but at the same time at the moment I'm trying to sort things out and get myself situated before I can star dating
>>
bumping cuz interested
>>
>>17222253
I'm afraid the damage is already done and now she probably hates my guts now which suck because I still have feelings for her and I felt like I ruined my only chance of a relationship but I didn't feel ready at the moment, so /adv/ should I text her back and say I changed my mind or should I just leave things be?
>>
well first off it seemed forced, secondly, you got to stop thinking of the opposite sex as an alien species that seem to talk in a new language, they are human, just like you, she has insecurities like you do, she has feeling, she has a need for love, she shits, like you do. you need to stop and think of why you dont know how to like her, because you have never given it a chance, thats the only way TO LEARN. my /adv/ to you is this,
>text her and tell her that you want to make it work but you dont know how
>tell her that you arent that good at it but are willing to try it out
>then ask her on a date
finally
>tell your friends to fuck off, and that you need to do this at your own pace
no dont be yourself in the date, be a better version of yourself, get conftrable with her, and you will notice that conversing with the opposite sex will get easier
p.s. dont blow up her phone, for gods sake what ever you do dont blow up her phone
>>
Christ almighty OP you have the attitude of women id expect from a middle schooler. Try growing up before pursuing any more women.
>>
>>17222248
how do you fuck up this badly? The hard part was literally done for you
>>
>>17222285
Op here, sounds like a good idea and I also know not to spam her, so far after everything I haven't said anything else to her to not come off as desperate and to calm the whole situation, thanks for the reply really appreciate it
>>
>>17222293
A am a very quiet person so it is hard for me to strike up a convo
>>17222299
Well I didn't want everyone to give her my number I wanted to do all of this myself but later in the near future when I got myself all situated, I felt too insecure because of that
>>
Baby steps OP.

Don't put the pussy on the pedestal. As someone above me said, the female species isn't alien. They are exactly like us.

I recommend that you let this one go. It was not meant to be, or else it would have been. Work on talking to women like you would your friends, don't treat them too differently. Of course treat them with courtesy and court them, but keep your composure. I guarantee you she was feeling the same type of anxiety(Albeit a little less intense) when talking to you.

Take this time to reel back, confront the problems in your methods, and remold your attitude towards women.

Good luck man.
>>
>>17222321
Op here, I'll also take what you said into consideration and Thank you
>>
Here's an idea: text her to say "I like you but I got pushed into this too fast. Can we start over and be friends first?"

If she says yes, find ways to hang out with her casually in a no-commitment way at first and see how you do. If she says no without a reason, then just drop it and move on.
>>
>>17222341
Like the sound of that, right now I'll wait a little and wait for everything to calm down and to give myself time to think things out then see what I'll do from there
>>
>>17222248
Just tell her what you told us here, just make sure to word it better. Tell her how you feel. She will appreciate your honesty. And if she doesnt, then she is stupid and you should move on.
>>
>>17222395
The last message I left her was that I felt terrible about this whole mess and I did explain it and gave her context (I left out my friends pushing the whole thing), she replied with "It's fine, no worries" so I at the moment, so I'm going to leave it alone for now
>>
You need to work on being more outcome independent op. You can't be messaging her thinking she's going to be your first relationship that will come across as needy. Just focus on getting to know her. Text her casually, it just feels overwhelming because of your lack of experience. Watch some youtube vids on texting game. It's okay to have some crutches. It gets easier but you need to put in the effort to learn.
>>
>>17222414
Nice! You didnt fuck up anything then. If you told her you like her anyway (and she likes you too) then she will understand. Also, now you actually spoke/wrote to her, which is also something you had trouble with before so its even better.
>>
>>17222446
Yeah, right now I'm thinking about texting her back and just be friends but like someone else earlier said I don't want to come off as desperate so I might just let it go, so far I haven't texted her back ever since (it's been two days so far) so I wouldn't know how to ask her or break the ice again
>>
>>17222467
Honestly you just need to bite the bullet and try. It will be a learning experience either way, and it gives you a potential opening to get to know this girl without all the pressure.

I mean what do you stand to lose by asking to be friends? I bet if you list the risks and rewards you will find it is more than worth it.
>>
>>17222481
I wouldn't know how to word it or bring it up though and plus when I told her it wouldn't work out I just realized that was a bad mistake because it implied we were going to already start dating before we got to know eachother so I think that was a huge mistake (new to dating and I said that out of panic)
>>
>>17222467
I dont want to give bad advice, but personally,I would text her back with some kind of joke to ease the situation. Theres no point in waiting any longer when you both like each other. And I doubt she will be the one texting you since she doesnt want you to feel insecure again.
>>
>>17222496
Just say it plainly - I goofed, can we be friends and see how things go. No need to be fancy, just be blunt about it, lets be friends and hang out sometime.
>>
>>17222502
>>17222504
Ok I'll see how it works out, thanks
>>
>>17222508
Also what I do in situations which are uncomfortable is that I joke about myself. Basically admitting that you lack experience in something makes you feel less stressed because you no longer have anything to hide and it can even help to feel more confident. On the other hand, trying to cover up your mistakes will make you look too insecure.
>>
>>17222542
>trying to cover up your mistakes will make you look too insecure
True
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.