[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>high school is the best and most important part of anyone's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: relife.jpg (32 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
relife.jpg
32 KB, 220x312
>high school is the best and most important part of anyone's life!
>high schoolers are the most wise, intelligent, attractive, and perfect people in existence!
>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!

Does this piss off anyone else? Others shows also suffer from this mindset, but I've never seen a more egregious example than ReLife. High schoolers are treated as some sort of gods who possess power and knowledge beyond human comprehension.

Who the fuck seriously believes this?
>>
>>143615094

But it's true.
>>
>>143615178
I don't know about you, anon, but in my time the average high schooler was borderline retarded. I got top grades by simply listening during class and doing all my homework. If I had to re-do high school, I'd fucking wreck everyone. That's not even considering the amount of wisdom and skills in social interaction I have gained over the years.
>>
>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone.
I would though
>>
High school, meh. If I could go back, I'd relive undergrad 100% of the time. Definitely the highpoint.
>>
>>143615094
>If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!
I was already superior (academically) to everyone in highschool, so i can't really relate to that.
But on the contrary there's so much stuff wrong about my personal relationships/romance interactions that even 14 years old kids are more skilled than me, so that's that
>>
File: 1392043206698.jpg (209 KB, 1015x570) Image search: [Google]
1392043206698.jpg
209 KB, 1015x570
I honestly don't know why everybody got hung up on the premise and assumed MC is NHK-tier loser. He's pretty much just a Nip normalfag who put his foot down on a toxic workplace.
>>
>>143615094
>any high schoolers at all
>wise

What's so wise about wanting your dick sucked and/or wanting to suck dick?
>>
>>143615094
highschool or pre adulthood having the best times in your life is a universal notion

I don't know where you are pulling the other two things from. Seems rather show specific
>>
>>143615356
How old are you? How much have you evolved socially since high school?
>>
>>143615094
>high schoolers are the most wise, intelligent, attractive, and perfect people in existence!
Confirmed to not have read/watched it. Fuck off back to >>>/v/.
>>
>>143615773
>How old are you?
Mid 20's.
>How much have you evolved socially since high school?
A fuck ton. I'm practically a completely different person in comparison to my high school self. If I could see my high school self, I'd probably kick hiss ass for being such a pussy. That's why I can't relate to this shit at all.
>>
>>143615094
>High schoolers are treated as some sort of gods who possess power and knowledge beyond human comprehension.
No, they're good at studying while an adult has little need of studying and thus forgets everything that isn't critical to their job.

In fact if you had even bothered watching the anime you'd know that while they're book smart, they still lack life experience and act childish, ending up getting lectured by the more mature Arata. There are some things only adults with real life experience know, even if it isn't "book smarts".
>>
>be pretty fucking smart and get into learning pretty easily
>end up having absolutely inferior social skills
>never look back on high school with fond memories or good friends to look back on it with

Why the fuck does it always have to be like this? Just thinking about how fucking unfair such a fate is really irritates me. It pisses me off that I can't fucking do anything about this.
>>
>>143615094

They can't even sort their feelings out and just created a big ball of misunderstanding till the MC helped out. MC might not be smart but at least he's wiser than the normal students in the series
>>
>>143615883
>I'm practically a completely different person in comparison to my high school self.

I envy you anon. How'd you do it?
>>
Are you actually telling us you don't find high schoolers attractive?
>>
>>143615697
He's not even really a NEET. He's trying his hardest to get a proper job and keeps a part-time job at least.

He just got fucked by life and ended up in a shitty situation at a shitty workplace and nip society shows no mercy to people who quit, no matter the circumstances because they assume everyone is a beta, ball-less faggot.

He had the balls to speak up and got fucked by society for it. He's in no way a loser.
>>
>>143616043
Moving out of my parents' place to attend uni in a different city. If you can fully control your life, you can actually make meaningful changes and work towards your goals. Even then it takes years of effort to change your personality and life outlook. That sense of helplessness and lack of control you get when you live by somebody else's rules is one of the worst things out there for personal growth.
>>
Japan's work scene really sucks. Is the end game only working at a desk job? That's the way it always seems in anime.
>>
>>143616307
That's pretty much what the average nip ends up doing. It's all about which company you can manage to get accepted by, not the job task itself.
>>
>>143615094
Are you fucking retarded? Half the show was the adult solving all the teenagers problems
>>
>>143615094

You know, you don't have to take the plot so seriously. But hey, it's your life.
>>
>>143616415
That's what made the show to me. It wasn't as much about his own return to highschool as it was about the effects having an adult around immature highschool kids to set them straight as "one of them" had on their lives.
>>
>>143615094
>you'll be failing all your classes
Well, no shit. If you didn't study it for your career would you remember all those trigonometric functions? Historical names/dates? Grammatical cases?

I graduated from highschool a year ago and the stuff i haven't needed for university is mostly gone from my head.
>>
>>143615697
>MC is NHK-tier loser
I'm happy he wasn't. He's just a normal dude down on his luck and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>143616533

This, Kaizaki sorting that bullshit with Redhead was tops. Too bad his beloved senpai offed herself before getting poon
>>
it's the most blantant wish fullfilment I've seen in recent memory.

it's like isekai with even less creativity.
>>
>>143616533
I feel like people are too quick to judge the show based on the premise alone. It was all handled pretty well and the MC was great.
>>
>>143616618
His work senpai caught me off guard to be honest. I didn't expect it to get so dark out of nowhere.
>>
>>143616671
This shit is becoming annoyingly common. Just shit otakus being taking places or times when they can get puss and achieve shit.

I feel like people of my generation are feeling profoundly lost in life right now. I'm a 27 year old premed student and christ I wish I could go back to when I was 17 and tell myself to hurry the fuck up and get going.
>>
>>143616788
It's the fucking Boomers fault. I'm telling you.
>>
>>143615883
Seriously. I'd have nothing to do with my high school self.
>>
>>143616788
Well, in this case the MC isn't a shitty NEET otaku. He's a hard-working, sociable man who got fucked by society for daring to stand up to the bullshit pulled by his workplace.
>>
File: His smile.png (171 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
His smile.png
171 KB, 500x281
>>143616788
>I feel like people of my generation are feeling profoundly lost in life right now. I'm a 27 year old premed student and christ I wish I could go back to when I was 17 and tell myself to hurry the fuck up and get going.

Isn't this what the anime did? There was too much autistic NEET MC in the past really, that this type of MC would just be pigeonholed to the same category and that's sad.
>>
>>143616671
>it's the most blantant wish fullfilment I've seen in recent memory.
>he doesn't want to go back to his high-school days and better his life
>>
File: 1464665449017.jpg (91 KB, 868x566) Image search: [Google]
1464665449017.jpg
91 KB, 868x566
>>143615094
I just failed senior year for the second time, and I was always a year behind already.

It's not as easy as you think.
>>
>>143617036
The funny thing is that it focuses more on how he betters the lives of people around him rather than his own life.
>>
File: 1403877298491.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
1403877298491.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1556
>yfw qt work senpai killed herself
>>
>>143617127
Yeah this isn't entirely unrealistic considering his superior life experience at that point.
>>
>>143616248
Don't you see, they're trying to teach him his place in Japanese society?

Honestly, the premise is painful and makes no sense. Going back to high school will accomplish nothing if you go back to your old age after.
>>
>>143617237
There is advice only adults can give, but there is also advice people are only willing to get from close friends.

>>143617300
It's about helping him overcome his trauma and guaranteeing him a stable job if everything turns out well, not about "teaching him his place"
>>
>>143615356
>If I had to re-do high school, I'd fucking wreck everyone.

No you wouldn't. There's no guarantee you are on top of the pecking order. At my high school, the smart people stayed away from those at the top of the pecking order. If you got involved, you got burned almost all the time (slave for all their homework, money source, etc). I remember being stabbed with a pencil for not obeying better (bad attitude at being ordered).
>>
>>143617300
>Don't you see, they're trying to teach him his place in Japanese society?

Wouldn't this experiment just have the opposite effect and have more confidence that what he did before was right all along?
>>
>>143617127
But isn't that also kinda the point?

He got traumatized when he tried to help somebody because it ended it worst way possible.

Having him regain his confidence in his abilities to help others and overcome the past is pretty much the best outcome.
>>
>>143615094
>High schoolers are treated as some sort of gods who possess power and knowledge beyond human comprehension
Where did you get that from? The Japanese worship high school life because life after it is just shit. No matter what you study in college you will probably end up just as a salaryman who works from morning till night and have just have drinking meetings with your Coworkers. You can't go to club activities, you can't make new friends and experience love for the first time, you also can't work with your club memebers on some exciting project for the school festival etc. You will get freedom when you become an adult but you will eventully get tired of your free time and become just an empty company employer who just work and drink alcohol at night.
>>
>>143617431
Yeah, and it makes sense that way, which was my point. The premise really doesn't do the show justice because it's handled in a very good way. It's way too easy to judge it prematurely.
>>
>>143617443
>You can't go to club activities, you can't make new friends and experience love for the first time, you also can't work with your club members on some exciting project for the school festival

Too bad, my school curriculum didn't have any of those. Fuck Catholic school.
>>
A BUNCH OF 27 YEAR OLD ADULTS ARE PRETENDING TO BE STUDENTS
if the parents of the kids knew about this they'd throw a national fucking tantrum.

everyone in japan knows everyone wants to fuck a highschool girl. it's some creepy ass shit with these adults deceiving all the kids and teachers.
>>
>>143617364
He was not guaranteed a stable job out of this. If anything, this might just make him become a teacher. Unless he decides to change his career, he has to go back to being a shitty Japanese salaryman.
>>
>>143617650
No, they guaranteed him a job after his ReLIFE period ends as long as the experiment went well.
>>
>>143615952
At least you're smart, anon.
Try being a stupid fuck like me who had barely average grades and no friends.
Not to mention the fact that I can't get a decent job and everyone who knows me thinks I'm a fucking failure.
>>
>>143617374
lol what the fuck is this piece of shit school you go to

u american or something?
>>
>>143616847
good luck blaming it on others
>>
>>143617410
Something like that, clearly you can't see a joke.
>>
>>143615094
Not really.
It's japan, they are weird.
I would like to relive my university days though.
>>
>>143617571

Now you know why Kaizaki wouldn't try to trigger any flags with any of them. That's the main conflict for his feelings towards 001
>>
>>143617775
Kinda wish he would get together with An instead after the ReLIFE period.
>>
>>143617775
yes, you get one viewpoint. I'm talking about the viewpoint of everyone that's being deceived! no one would stand for this creepy shit.
>>
>>143617677
Guess I missed that part. For a while I was confusing Oga and the supervisor, clearly this isn't keeping my attention strongly.
>>
This anime is supposed to appeal to people who have regrets and who want to do their high school over I guess.

>>143615094
>Does this piss off anyone else?

I quicklyt tired of his over the top reactions to everything. I forgot this? Scream ultra loud 10000 times! I forgot a pen? Scream ultra loud one billion times. I forgot something else. Yell out loud and stop paying attention in class. Daydreaming? Thinking about other things than getting the school day done?

He's less mature than quite a few sixth graders I remember some of whom already cleaned house, mowed the yard, didn't scream and shout at every setback, etc. And age doesn't help NEETS because the older they get, the more they forget. I bet lots of NEETs cannot even remember what a quadratic equation is. I clearly remember that was standard stuff taught to all students in middle school (junior high grades 7 to 8). We already had beginning calculus in 8th grade.

It's been many years since I've been in school, but from what I understand, school courses have been watered down year after year as teachers and their unions got lazier and lazier. Even before No Child Left Behind Act, classes had not only had class sizes reduced from the 40 to 50 students per class when I was there to be 30 at most and 20 in some as the daughter of one friend said. They just don't make teachers like they used to. The smart schools still expect a lot of their smart dedicated persistent students who have work ethic. But far too many schools now seem to cater to getting students out the door and to babysit some of them that don't care about learning.
>>
>>143615094
>find out about the anime today
>never read the manga either
>start reading it
>the teacher immediately zeroes in on him and singles him out

Seriously, what the fuck? With how Japanese schools are, what kind of teacher knowingly tries to start that shit on someone's first day at a school?
>>
>>143615094
but AraAra is clearly more mature than everyone, he's just forgotten most of the irrelevant shit you learn in school
>>
>>143617923
>We already had beginning calculus in 8th grade.

Clearly not American.
>>
>>143617927
Welcome to Japan where that shit happens all the time. Also his fault for agreeing to let her look through his bag only for there to be a pack of smokes which is kind of a big deal.
>>
>>143615094
>High school is the best and most important part of anyone's life!
the show kinda shows that a lot of times it's the exact opposite, but that it's crucial for emotional growth fro many people.
wat.jpg
>If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone.
Believable enough for english, math, sciences, and history, though not so much for how many times he failed that shit. You barely use any of that information that you learned in high school so your brain just throws most of it out the fucking window. His scores really were horrendous next to what they should have been, but failing is kind of expected.
>>
>>143617927
Wasn't it because he pulled out a cigarette pack in class? Also MC quickly solved his beef with the teacher because he is not socially incapable retard.
>>
>>143617927
This is a happy school where there's no heavy atmosphere, except some girl drama that is very specific to relationships.
There's no consequence here, it's not to be taken seriously.

Main character throws a ball 1 metre in sports and doesn't even get bullied. It's played for laughs.
>>
>>143617680
A lot of your problem is due to the huge gap between the wealthy and everyone else. People such as you have to make your personal fortunes out of the piece of pie not owned or inherited by the wealthy. When the top 10% have approx 75%, it's no wonder that you cannot have much to your name.
>>
>>143617923
>This anime is supposed to appeal to people who have regrets and who want to do their high school over I guess.
Not even close. The anime is about Arata trying to help these hormonal, emotionally stunted fucks realize that shit isn't so bad and that they have friends they can rely on. Nothing about the anime appeals to redoing his high school years, especially since he is 100% unspectacular in every way aside from being able to guide other characters towards making the right choices.
>>
>>143618174
He does get made fun of, and his friends is never gonna make him live it down.
>>
>>143615094
True for some people

Ok, now that's bullshit

>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!
Failing all of my classes, yes that's possible since I wouldn't remember shit, but be inferior than anyone else? Again, bullshit.
>>
>>143617688
>lol what the fuck is this piece of shit school you go to

At my former high school in the southwest USA near the border with mexico, my freshman class had 1100 students. My graduating senior class had 121 students. I had the misfortune of living on the wrong side of town with the minorities. We had high school students who could barely speak or write english and no, they were not mexicans although we had a lot of them too.
>>
So is scientist's guess right? Will 001 and 002 forget about each other when the experiment is over? Or do you think they will keep their memories once the year is up? (assuming one of them doesn't fuck it up by accidentally revealing their identity to the other).
>>
>>143615883
>I'm practically a completely different person in comparison to my high school self.
I know I wasn't alone but
> If I could see my high school self, I'd probably kick hiss ass for being such a pussy.
I would beat the ever living shit out of me as well

I knew very little boxing but never took it serious just enough to get rid of the bullies and it helped but I was such a idiot to myself, never cared about my homework just got enough to pass and never took care of my body

I didn't even bother trying to find a job back when my family at the time needed it most and were paying for everything

I'm only 4 years removed from high school but I wish I have done more to help myself and others. That is all in the past anyway
>>
>>143618296
either way the tone of the series is lighthearted.

the guy i responded to seemed to be worrying about the consequence of the teacher singling out the MC.
>>
>>143617071
How? What country are you from?
>>
School and puberty.. what a horrible time that was.
Who the hell would want to repeat something like that?
>>
>>143618335
maybe we'd know the answer if this anime had a fucking ending
>>
>>143615094
I don't know how Jap college is, but from what I've seen I think its pretty depressing compared to its murican counterpart. I'm thinking of NHK and Genshiken (colleges portrayed as bleak, brutality, run down, dark places)

It might be because they're mostly commuter schools but I don't know shit about the uni Jap experience.
>>
>>143618584
Its almost like every single anime nowadays is an advertisement for the source material.
>>
>>143618578

What about just school and no puberty while everybody is on it?
>>
>>143618578
I don't know about you but I was done with puberty by like 8th grade. And I consider myself a late bloomer
>>
>>143618863
>done with puberty by like 8th grade
you are either a woman or a super manlet, congrats
>>
>>143618335
My guess would be that they forget but they both get a job at the same company and meet again for the first time, end.
>>
>>143618991
I don't know m8. Everybody was done with puberty by then.
>>
File: fuck.png (45 KB, 437x416) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
45 KB, 437x416
>>143619100
>everybody was done with puberty by then
the average age to start growing fucking body hair and getting deeper voices is around the 8th grade cock juggler, that's barely halfway through.
>>
>>143618578
>>143618863
>mfw i had a mustache in fifth grade

I guess I went through puberty early?

My family is weird though. My dad is like fourty-five but looks to be in his late twenties. My grandparents are in their seventies but look like they're in their fifties.
>>
Were both those guys in love with the volleyball girl or was it just the edgy one?
>>
>>143619892
I think the tall ones is in love with the edgelord, while edgelord is in love with boobies.
>>
>>143615094
Way to completely miss the point you dumb fuck.

It is in Japan. Learn to deal with that.

Other than attractive, the show specifically shows you how stupid and ignorant these kids can be.

You probably would be failing if you hadn't touched any of that work in a decade. He was in sales so almost none of his high school education was involved in his daily life.
>>
>>143615178
so when people graduate do they just become stupid somehow? if so, what was the point in the first place?
>>
>>143620185

Nigga, do you still remember your integrals and algebra? He's 27-years old and the workplace only use excel and basic maths for profits.
>>
>>143620285
I recently took a college course that reintroduced advanced high school math as a refresher and it all came back to me super easily, as I had done all this rote shit over and over before.
>>
>>143620312
He's 27, meaning he has been out of high school for around 9 years. Assuming he didn't do any college, you'd easily forget all of that crap that's not relevant in a salaryman's job.
>>
>>143620359
I was 29 when I did the refresher. you'd be surprised how ingrained basic logic can get in your brain
>>
>>143620185
>somehow
That somehow is called stop practicing, looks like school didn't help you develop common sense.
>>
I don't want to think about my high school days.
>>
>>143620359

If anything Kaizaki would only be good with reports and spreadsheets but that shit ain't happening much in highschool. He's pretty much fucked since salarymen just specializes in sales and reports
>>
>>143620428
I doubt you're even 20, kid. Come back when your balls have dropped
>>
good shitpost
good
>>
READ THE MANGA FUCKING NIGGER
FUCK PEOPLE LIKE YOU
I HOPE YOU AND EVERYONE YOU LOVE BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL
>>
>/a/ - Blogs
>>
>>143619100
i didnt even get semen until i was a senior in high school, and im 19 and still in puberty
i theorize i will also live twice as long as the normal human too, i must have genetics making me last twice as long
>>
File: have a shot.jpg (20 KB, 504x217) Image search: [Google]
have a shot.jpg
20 KB, 504x217
>>143620415
Here you go anon, this is pretty close to one of the examples that was shown in both the anime and is shown in 3rd year high school math curriculum for Japanese students.

This is basic logic, so without looking anything up, you should be able to solve this.
>>
>>143621094
What the fuck is this?
I took advanced math in high school (Canadian btw) and I've never seen anything like this
>>
>>143621292
It's called calculus, they don't teach this on accounting 101.
>>
>>143621094
The bottom one is easy, don't remember how to solve the top one.
>>
>>143621094
How much time do I get for this? And the sigma only applies to log k, and not the -nlogn, right? I don't remember notation.
>>
>>143621094
collage grad here i should know this but ive completely forgotten what any of that shit means. if its multiple choice im guessing C
>>
>>143620185
>>143620285
I suspect that he took some business or accounting track in college, where all you really need is arithmetic and reading graphs and charts.

Then he got dropped in a prep school for more STEM-oriented universities and the math is orders of magnitudes harder.
>>
>>143621094
I took Calculus course in my High School. Though it was an AP class for college credit.
>>
>>143621914
Well, judging by the show, you'd have a page of this, no calculator and about an hour? I don't recall if they said how long the examination would be.

>>143622045
I wasn't seriously asking if anyone could solve it, just that if you don't see abstract shit for a decade, it's not unreasonable to assume that your brain threw it out along with other irrelevant information to your daily noise.
>>
>>143620164
>It is in Japan.

How? Does your university education and connections not matter as much?
>>
I recently got my PhD, but I'd definitely fail if I had a many tests on the first day of class in high school. I'd easily catch up, but you can't expect someone to remember random literature, history, or even some science/math from a decade ago if it's not something you use every day. I do advanced statistics for my job and had to take high level math, but I mainly remember the concepts but wouldn't be able to just solve problems without reviewing for beforehand.

And the truth is that the Japanese work culture and environment really is that toxic. Tons of workers have to clock in extra long hours just because having your body there is required, although they aren't actually very productive at all. Japan is pretty ass-backwards when it comes to corporate culture, although that's true for many workplaces across the globe, but Japan is certainly one of the worst for post-industrial countries. With that said, Japanese high school is pretty shit too. It's funny, because they work so hard during high school, but for many college is a joke. Unless you're going to a top-tier college like Todai, Kyoto, or Waseda, you hardly have to show up to class, and cheating is rampant.
>>
What is up with ED in Episode 2? I remember it being Nip meme music in NND
>>
>>143622000

Depends on the STEM course, I doubt those in construction-oriented courses would remember most of their calculus. Too many different Math specializations
>>
>>143622172

I'm always wondering about their engineering and architectural landscape. Japanese media always depict the salarymen in their media, it's hard to see what their STEM business is like unless you go by the occasional Yakuza stories and Black Jack
>>
>>143621094
>>143622134

It's not too bad. Had to use Stirling's approximation which I'm not sure if they learn at this point in nip though.
>>
>>143622470
From what I hear (and this could very easily be completely wrong as it's little more than bullshit I've heard online) outside of a few specialised careers like medicine a lot of the time when you're hired into a Japanese corporation they don't give a shit what your education background is beyond the fact that you have it and had good grades. A lot of corporations will stuff you into a sort of "freshman" department when they first hire you. There you will dick around for a few years learning the corporate culture while doing pointless bullshit busywork like taking part in committees to determine what color of paper should be used for different inter office memos. Eventually you'll be forced into whatever position they need filled regardless of what your background is, even if it means that they have to completely retrain you. So you'll get shit like people who studied accounting being forced to learn how to program because that's what is needed right now and you're expected to do whatever the company needs. You also (usually) can't get fired because the way the Japanese corporate world is structured it reflects poorly on a company if they need to fire people. Instead they'll give you really embarrassing jobs and try to turn you into a pariah until you're shamed enough that you quit or kill yourself. Also if you do quit you're fucked for life as. Regardless of the reasons you might have had everyone views it as being that you were a fuckup who got forced out and so nobody is ever going to hire you again.
>>
>>143622988
jesus
this is just sad
do they have no labor laws and shit?
not asking for sociallism shit mind you, but at the very least treat the worker with an once of respect
>>
>>143617923

>I quicklyt tired of his over the top reactions to everything.

How do you manage to watch any comedy anime if you feel this way? I think his reactions are the best part of the show.
>>
>>143621094
DELETE THIS
>>
Can I have your phone?
>>
Just watched the first two episodes.

What an enjoyable animu.

>>143622172
Believe it or not but Korea is worse when it comes to corporate culture. It's just the fact that those countries never really had the whole hippie culture in the 60s and early 70s as strong as the US did.

Well, at least I don't have to deal with long hours since the overtime rules got changed. Thanks Obama. Well at least when I'm in the office. I travel across the country so I do get overtime.
>>
>>143623648
Yes.
>>
On the second episode as of now
>putting away his pack of cigarettes instead of finishing them and stopping since he wouldn't be able to buy some anyway
>>
>>143623819
And then throughout the series he still has cigarette butts in his ashtray.

Then you find out they get cigs and beers because Yoake can order them to be delivered through the lab and puts it as business expenses.

These adults have thought of everything.
>>
So is this a depressing anime?
I kinda like watching depressing shit; I think it's because it makes me feel better about my self.
>>
>>143615356
>I-I'm gifted b-but no one understands it
>>
>>143624205
No, it ends up being really uplifting
>>
>>143624205
It has some drama and dark stuff in some of the episodes, but it's not depressing at all unless you feel like you needed an Arata in your high school life.
>>
>>143621094
yo, japanese curriculum/schooling sucks, it's all lecture based and memorization. there's very little "individual" problem solving and discussion in the classroom. thats why you don't see much innovation coming out of japan (and other eastern countries like korea and china), only "improved" technologies like super advanced toilets and shit
>>
File: 1467407358586.jpg (87 KB, 606x871) Image search: [Google]
1467407358586.jpg
87 KB, 606x871
>>143624650
>You don't see much innovation coming out of Japan, China and Korea
>>
>>143624650
>you don't see much innovation coming out of japan

>Unironically saying this while posting in an image board derived from Japanese ones, that discusses Japanese anime and manga
>>
>>143618316
Not him but my high school was filled with blacks.
Once we had a bunch of them riot/protest in front of our school about our principal being a racist. It was because in the school newspaper there was an article about fighting that said "don't run to fights looking like monkeys"; on that page was a pic of kids in the hall and some of them were black. Also it was because some girl was handing out flyers about some drug dealer who was shot by 'racist white cops'and got them confiscated by an administrator. Ironically the administrator was black and once flat out lied to my mom and the school officer that 2 friends of mine saw me break into a ticket booth. When she told my mom that they were in the office and said they saw me do it she asked for their names and demanded she put them on the phone since she knew them. She started stumbling over her words and changed her story since they weren't in the office and never said that. I almost got arrested but the security cam proved I dindu nothing. Nobody even broke into the fucking ticket booth. It was the spot we ate lunch at and before we got there somebody just pushed over the wooden board guarding the slat and threw the tickets on the ground.
>>
>>143623648
Y-yeah just don't hurt me.
>>
>>143615883
Good for you, in my case I think I'm even dumber than I was in middle school. The NEET life has its ups and downs.
>>
>>143623648
>What do you mean you don't have cigarettes?
>>
>>143624650
Are...are you okay?

Did you have some sort of accident? Mandela effect? What did Japan and China do in the universe you're from?
>>
>>143624711
>>143624778
>>143624895

name 3 things wholly created (not improved tech originally from the west like vending machines and computers) in japan that have revolutionized the world in the last 10 years.
not saying the east doesn't make cool shit, but they havent come out with revolutionary stuff in the last 2 decades
>>
>>143625001
Anon I hope you realize that gunpowder is an asian invention.

Does that invalidate all western weaponry inventions?
>>
Okay, I'm going on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this. Hishiro is 001 isn't she?
>>
>>143625134
Did you finish the whole thing?
>>
>>143625094
The compass and paper are also Chinese inventions
>>
>>143625175
No, I'm at the 4th episode.
>>
>>143625202
Then pat yourself on the back anon.
>>
>>143625094
That's china dude
And they never bothered with glass, making optics, silicon transistors, and a whole bunch of stuff completely inaccessible.

They also didn't do much with gunpowder, they just pissed about with fireworks.
>>
>>143615094
Then everything going downhill is kind of true to me, agreed with you on the rest though.
>>
>>143625202
in the story it basically doesnt matter who 001 is.

also ED of ep5 is best ED.
>>
>>143625094
yea, i know about the 4 great inventions, i'm asking whether you can name any world-changing innovations/tech that has come out of asia in the last 10 years, per my original question
i honestly can't think of anything but if you can name something go ahead. i just find that a lot of stuff they come out with nowadays isn't revolutionary, just more efficiencies on previous tech
>>
>>143618316
>mfw there was this fucking mexican evryone bullied including me.
>mfw thsi mexican guy had friend who supported him while I had no friends at all.
>mfw last thing I heard of him was he was working at IBM somewhere in the US while I am only a fucking carpinteer because i have shit grades and didnt graduate.

I wonder if it's too late. Should I go back and try to graduate?
>>
>>143625225
Do they get a happy end together or is the web manga not done?

>>143625262
Why's that?
>>
>>143625264
http://www.forbes.com/innovative-companies/list/#tab:rank
>>
>>143625268
>i see whatyou did there

Fuck you anon, everytime I hear that song, it makes me want to kill myself.

I guess some people cant get over it.
>>
But in Japan, life ends when highschool does.
There is nothing but highschool in japan.
The entire nation just exists to put people through highschool, then kill them.
>>
>>143625252
>That's America, dude, they never bothered with making domestic robots, they just pissed about with manufacturing arms in factories.
>>
>>143625324
which song? oh, this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4
>>
I thought highschools in Japan overworked them as well?
>>
>>143625252
>They also didn't do much with gunpowder, they just pissed about with fireworks.

Yes they fucking did. They created the first firearms . Stop talking shit out of your ass
>>
File: Smug girl.png (2 MB, 1629x917) Image search: [Google]
Smug girl.png
2 MB, 1629x917
>>143625342
There should be a governmental program in Japan to kill people in their sleep after graduation day to spare them the suffering.

But then the dwindling population problem would hit them even harder.
>>
>>143625322

still doesn't answer my the question
>>
>>143625313
Manga is still going. Give it a try, and she's the only real cometition for the KaizakiBowl so it's pretty much a guarantee she will get a good ending.
>>
>>143625425
Name one western innovation in the last 10 years that wasn't an improvement of something or a new model
>>
>>143625268
wait wut? I thought US citizens couldnt get a job if they drop out school unless you were a dusgusting illegal.
>>
>>143616255
Seconding this, I'm living alone 600km from my hometown to study CE.
As a highschooler I "hated" most of my peers and I was in some kind of circlejerk company with people who had this in common. Now as an Uni student I'm forced to interact with twice the amount of people, I still think that most of them are irrelevant and plebs but at least I'm learning to communicate in a likeable way which will prove useful in a work environment. If you aren't the "social" type person be honest when you're talking and you're definitely gonna find people who share the same trait.
>>
>>143625377
>Yes they fucking did. They created the first firearms . Stop talking shit out of your ass

Oh right, they invented the matchlock

They invented the first cannon but the first small-arms were european.
That's what I mean by them fucking about.
>>
>>143625483
social media stuff like myspace and twitter
>>
I hope this series has a sequel when it ends, with Kaizaki being the support for another NEET. Shit would be neat.
>>
>>143625595
I don't think you understand how important the cannon was. Muskets derived from cannons
>>
I don't read or watch anything with "Re" in the title so I wouldn't know, but from the sounds of it my position on this matter is the right one. Sounds shit.
>>
>>143625489
Are you stupid? Of course you can you mongoloid. Some job that dont require you a diploma like becoming a male hooker.
AFAIK, jobs like taxi driver and carpenteer require you to finish high school.
Which means you are a disgusting illegal. Go die plz
>>
>>143625653
What, how old are you? Social media has been around since the late 90's
>>
>>143623104
Zaibatsus and large kabushiki gaishas can fuck everyone else over. Just watch Classroom Crisis. Even political parties spread their legs when a large corporation says so.
>>
>>143615094
>Who the fuck seriously believes this?
It's just a premise for an anime.
>>
>>143622988
The only reason why japs kill themselves is because they don't work to live, they live to work.
>>
>>143625671
apparently not enough source material you can pick up from chapter 108
>>
>>143624650
So it's College? If anything that's better since it's preparing them for higher education, unlike the US where some people crack because they do well in High School and then they get to College and realize they actually have to study(as long as you don't go to some D-tier trash) instead of relying on the teacher holding your hand via classwork.
>>
>>143625735
forget about the premise its actaully a pretty good show it goes from sol to SUFFERING real fast makes the ending sweet as candy
>>
>>143625483
Uber, Hololens, Bitcoin, the list could go on.
>>
>>143626078
You forgot the occasional bombing, shootout or muh rights rally.
It's a different kind of hell.
>>
Would it be better had Chizuru were a normal school girl, not another subject and Arata is five years younger?
>>
>>143616229
I'm not some sex crazed ape. And after you've gotten your rocks off with her hot youthful body, you're left with a teenage girl for a companion. And teenagers are fucking stupid, petty, and insufferably melodramatic.
>>
>>143621094
>tfw I graduated high school a year ago.
>tfw we never went over this shit in any of my math courses.
>tfw I can't understand this shit.
Did the education system fail me?
>>
>>143625595
>cannons weren't as important as small firearms
Anon.
>>
>>143615094
I actually went back to high school, when I moved back to Norway from Brazil my high school degree was invalid so I had to do the last year over again. I literally slept through half my classes and still got top grades in my class. I was 26 at the time.
>>
This series is actually pretty good. The right amount of suffering and hijinks makes both the anime and manga worth to watch and read.
>>
>>143626274
more like you were in a shithole of college.

Hey, at least you are not a carpenter like me.
>>
>>143626327
Yeah because the ability to give someone a firearm, 3 days of training and throw them into the field verses 10 years of archery or however many years of physical training to become effective wasn't important.
>>
>i'll enjoy my relife!
fuck this show. shitty execution. idea is cool enough. i get the mc has the personality that makes him close to others but holy shit, this was way too much focus on other people. last episode was dick cheese.
>>
>>143626394
I think it's nice that his buddies get their own nice endings.
>>
>>143626274
Probably. I saw that during the equivalent of last high school year of my third world country education system.
>begin med school
>forget almost all advanced math besides basic algebra
I'm fucking up badly.
>>
>>143626375
shouldnt you be making chairs or stuff with wood instead of trying to understand something you'll never resolve in your shitty life?
>>
>>143615094
I like how there is always this one "highschool is easy as fuck" guy but majority of them don't realize they didn't even have life or friends back than, so they might as well just do homework if their mother didn't even let them go outside, or get that ass wooped
>>
>>143626424
What kind of math do med students need?

As a CS student, I was forced to learn pretty advanced algebra but I only needed very basic ones.
>>
>>143626474
your wooden dragon dildo is ready for delivering anon. Its a XL one like you asked, hope you enjoy.

I wont kill myself for not resolving maths. Basic knowledge isenough for my job.
>>
>>143626563
So far I'm using mostly linear algebra, statistics and probability, and you are expected to know your shit about calculus and physics, since you review that during high school.
>>
>>143616917
On the contrary my young self would hate present me.
>>
File: Smug smirk.png (1 MB, 1635x918) Image search: [Google]
Smug smirk.png
1 MB, 1635x918
>>143626925
Same here.

I also pity the younger me.
Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>143626925

this, I've become what I used to hate
>>
>>143626925
>>143627173
I've become who I used to hate, and I now hate who I used to be.
>>
>>143627191
>I now hate who I used to be.

also used to dwell on the past but that was a long time ago and I'm too detached from it to give a shit
>>
File: 1454545155833.png (151 KB, 275x352) Image search: [Google]
1454545155833.png
151 KB, 275x352
>Focusing on the past
>Not the future
>>
>>143627479
What's the point on focusing on the future if they're just going to forget each other. You could even apply that irl.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>143627479
>not living for the moment
>>
>>143627479
What future?

There is no future here.
>>
I can't wait until /a/ forgets about ReLIFE. Anything you fuckers discuss becomes tainted.
>>
>>143627616
I can't wait until /a/ forgets about Re:Zero. Anything you fuckers discuss becomes tainted.
>>
>>143615094
>>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!
That's totally accurate, though. I've forgotten most of what I learnt in high school because it never mattered in the jobs I took. Maths was my best subject in school but these days I can't even do anything more than simple algebra.
>>
>>143615094
Get a load of this edgy faggot.
>>
>>143615094
>If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes
this line is true
>>
File: I'm ready to fucking die now.jpg (46 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
I'm ready to fucking die now.jpg
46 KB, 600x549
>>143627915
>go through schooling system
>have to cram in inhuman amounts of information in a short timespan into your head and you're expected to remember it
>finish school
>don't use fucking any of it ever
>>
I like fireworks too.
>>
>>143628024
>go watch fireworks with qt
>stare into qt's eyes instead of at fireworks
It would be crypto pedophilia if she wasn't an office lady.
>>
>>143627980
Ostensibly it's to prepare you for the one job path where you will use the one section of information you learnt, so by teaching you so much it's giving you many opportunities, even if you'll only take one.
>>
>>143616307
>Japan's work scene really sucks. Is the end game only working at a desk job?
As opposed to working in a factory in china, being dead in africa, being on the streets in india, or even in the west loaded in debt and unemployed?
>>
>>143615883
>If I could see my high school self, I'd probably kick his ass for being such a pussy.
Fucking this.
>>
>>143627591
The moment and the future are basically the same thing because the moment before you decided what you were going to do in the future just became the current moment, which was originally the future.
>>
>>143618174
People realized there was obviously something wrong with his shoulder, and he isn't autistic or ugly, so why would they bully him about it? Is that normal in america?
>>
>>143625187
You mean excluding egyptian papyrus
>>
File: IQAveragebyCountry-954x442.png (567 KB, 954x442) Image search: [Google]
IQAveragebyCountry-954x442.png
567 KB, 954x442
>>143615356

Probably because the average IQ in Japan is about 110
>>
>>143615094
meanwhile in the US niggers jump on their desks and you learn absolutely nothing

Japan's thinking is correct; children are still innocent enough to be very pliable, and the goal is to turn them into successful adults. the ideal thought is every high schooler is potentially a successful adult, so they're all great. the NEET piece of shit after high school is the one who didn't succeed because he was always a piece of shit, but while he was in high school he still had potential and was thought of in a good light though unfortunately never bore fruit.
>>
>>143621094

u end up with lim 1/n ( 2 sigma n +1 (1-n)log n)
log of 1 = 0

so sub 1/n in there and you have

2 1 log x dx

you just need to know log 1 = 0 and you can get the answer.

2 ) is the answer 2.
>>
>>143622134

yes k only applies to k so you have log (n+1) = log n + log 1 since log 1 = 0 you have log n
>>
File: Kairu_rena.jpg (29 KB, 225x322) Image search: [Google]
Kairu_rena.jpg
29 KB, 225x322
About to finish the series and so far every problem in the show has been this bitches fault
What the fuck?

I mean the stories are nice I guess, but they're written so bad I can't help but cringe and pause it to come back to later.
>>
>>143627980
Do people still believe this? School isnt about keeping the information. It's all training for helping you pay attention and adapt to learning new things. The information they teach doesnt matter, its the fact that you can actually learn.
>>
>>143628378

Cause he was making fun of other characters, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
>>
>>143628617
have to create drama somehow
>>
>>143628669

it is but it's also about adjusting people to the 5 day 40 hour work schedule. but it means jack shit if you finish school and just sit on your ass for 10 years before doing anything
>>
>>143615178
This.
>>
>27 year old is too old for physical activity

is this show serious
>>
i dunno, who could be bothered doing all that HS shit again? especially in Japanese HS where its 90% rote memorization

sure if you applied yourself you would ace everything, but more than likely you would phone it all in and be an average student

i would be better than the teachers at some subjects though come at me senpai
>>
>>143628570
How did you get 2 in front of the sigma?
I got to lim 1/n(log((2n)!/n!) - nlogn) but I don't know how to go from there

And wolfram alpha gives the answer to the second as 4/e
>>
>>143632914
If he didn't exercise at all for years before that it's not surprising.
>>
File: an.jpg (23 KB, 143x500) Image search: [Google]
an.jpg
23 KB, 143x500
Its a comedy show,you faggots are reading too much into it.
Just fucking enjoy the cute girls.
>>
>>143632914
He got a desk job and smokes and drinks daily. It's no suprise the twinky pretty boy is stronger than him.
>>
I mean, part of the series is pointing out how hilariously irrelevant the problems and accomplishments of high schoolers are from an adult's perspective.
>>
>>143617650
>If anything, this might just make him become a teacher.
How good a job is teacher in glorious Nippon? Disregarding the kids trying to stick their fingers up your asshole, of course.
>>
>>143615094
Yeah this right here is the main thing that's pissing me off. If I went back to any year of high school I'd quickly get into a groove and have no trouble acing most classes.
>>
>>143615356
You're comparing burger high school to a japanese high school.
>>
>>143616671
uh really? I thought it went visibly (and sorta awkwardly) out of its way to subvert that. He absolutely fails at studying and sports, and it's made clear that the effects are merely temporary and skin-deep. The only wish-fulfillment I see is that he's getting a free ride for a year and a job, and neither of those are "the point", they just set the stage.
>>
File: 1461612349292.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461612349292.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>143633330
Can't she do a different voice?
>>
File: 0353981b2809d2a887a601b44a4d7e90.jpg (401 KB, 1920x2784) Image search: [Google]
0353981b2809d2a887a601b44a4d7e90.jpg
401 KB, 1920x2784
>>143635677
Plenty.
>>
What is the point of this show?

The MC clearly doesn't need help, he just suffers from ptsd because his workmate killed herself. He should see a therapist and not fuck around with high schoolers trying to find himself. It would've been better if he was a total sperg shut-in.
>>
>>143636214
>It would've been better if he was a total sperg shut-in.
How?
>>
I aced all my classes the first time around, but now that I understand that grades are pointless, I would just spend all my time watching anime and playing video games instead.
>>
What was the song that played at the end of episode 12? I think I've heard it from somewhere before.
>>
>>143636214
In case you didn't notice: ReLife is just an experimental type of therapy. One that's in no way econimcal, but meh, who cares?
>>
>>143636214
Have you considered that interacting with highschoolers might be his therapy?
>>
>>143636214
>sperg
isn't that what 001 is
>>
Would you?
>>
>>143632914
I'm 27 and have serious problem with cramp because of my unhealthy NEET life
Yes, it's very realistic
>>
>>143638397
Maybe, although im generally paranoid as shit and would probably think it was a test
>>
>>143638744
Congratulations, you have been selected as a candidate for our experiment at rehabilitating the downtrodden members of society!
>>
>>143632914
Don't know where you live, but here in burgerland a lot of people get completely out of shape after college. I know 24 year olds who can't walk up a flight of stairs without acting like they just ran a marathon.
>>
>>143632914
Asians may not get fat, but they have other health problems. They seem to have weaker bones and more heart problems, for example.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.