[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the fact that Jojo fans trivialize the death of the characters/tragic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: whatawonderfulworld.jpg (208 KB, 976x750) Image search: [Google]
whatawonderfulworld.jpg
208 KB, 976x750
Is the fact that Jojo fans trivialize the death of the characters/tragic moments in favour of memes the proof that Jojo is all style and no substance, or that the fanbase is cancerous?
>>
I had a friend who cried when Caesar died in the anime of course and thought it was completed unexpected. I'll take memes over that any day
>>
>>143328899
Part 6 really just falls apart to the point that its almost impossible to care.
>>
>>143328958
i'm having a hard time believing anyone is that stupid
>>
>>143328899
also, in part 4, Should Okuyasu have died?

I think Araki not killing Okuyasu is one of the largest flaws in part 4. The others being:
> not resolving the time loop subplot
> not bringing back Tonio to heal someone critically wounded (Jotaro?) with his cooking
> not implying Kira was actually Dio's son, thrown backwards in time by his stand
> Not having Yukaku sacrifice herself to save Koichi's life
> not finally having Oldseph meet Jotaro's mom. In fact dropping Jotaro's mom was a flaw in itself

I could go on. 4 is good, but highly flawed.
>>
If you didn't cry when Iggy died you're a pleb, too many feels
>>
>>143329181
> not implying Kira was actually Dio's son, thrown backwards in time by his stand

That would be overly retarded, even for JoJo standards.
Also, I think that if we have certain plotlines left without proper conclusions it gives the story more organic feel, and makes it more belivable. If not overused, it's ok in my book.
>>
>>143329181
>> not resolving the time loop subplot
What subplot? Josuke was saved by a kind stranger, further showing how the people of Morioh have a 'golden spirit'
>> not bringing back Tonio to heal someone critically wounded (Jotaro?) with his cooking
That's redundant when Josuke can do the exact same thing in half the time
>> not implying Kira was actually Dio's son, thrown backwards in time by his stand
That's a fucking terrible idea, holy shit
>> Not having Yukaku sacrifice herself to save Koichi's life
This isn't a 'flaw', this is another one of your shitty ideas
>> not finally having Oldseph meet Jotaro's mom. In fact dropping Jotaro's mom was a flaw in itself
Nigga Joseph met Holly the day she was born
>>
jojo is a lot of style and a little substance. if you honestly look at it, it's not very great story-wise but it's point is having weird shit happen with horror and suspense and lost of action.

basically it's really good neo-pulp or something.
>>
>>143329608
Some people think araki was setting up some sort of time loop wih josuke saving his younger self and then dropped it.
>>
>>143329632
This
>>
>>143329670
Jojolion.
I fucking call it.
>>
>>143329670
So its a fan theory
>>
What ended up happening with Soundman is Steel Ball Run was fucking awful and damn nearly got me to drop the series entirely. Araki clearly had something else planned for the character earlier on, then changed his mind and couldn't even be bothered to throw the character away in a not-dumb manner.
>>
>>143331086
Fuck this too. Jojo is all plotholes but it's just so engaging but sometimes I had to stop reading for a few hours to contemplate what just happened.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.