[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fate/stay night is the best-written and most complex anime of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: fate zero.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fate zero.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Fate/stay night is the best-written and most complex anime of all time.

The essential nature of heroic ideals, and an in-depth exploration on what would motivate someone to follow that path. The idea of selfish actions for selfless reasons. A dilemma between logic and emotion (Rin's conflict). The idea of facades and how we hide ourselves within society. Consequentialism and regret; nihilism (Saber's conflict). Existence and individuality (Shirou's "rebirth" following his death in the fire). The meaning of choice. Contrasting of several different philosophies (Pragmatism, Altruism, Idealism, Utilitarianism, etc). Perceptions of people (very overt with the way Shirou perceives his father vs everyone else). Cultural expectations of good and evil (Shirou/Kirei). Consent and fate (Medea and EMIYA). Societal values and morality.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>143004181
>anime
Fate/Stay Night is a visual novel, secondary scum.
>>
The best-written and most complex anime of all time is actually Hidamari Sketch.
>>
I might have agreed with you a few days ago but I recently started watching an anime entitled Pico to Chico, and all I can say is… Wow. Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Pico to Chico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Pico to Chico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.

I don’t think this film justifies an arbitrary rating of stars; it’s much better than that. It deserves a place among the highest modern philosophical works of our world. Nietzsche, thy name is Pico.
>>
>>143004321
Those 5 people who actually understood Fate is not about the story, the Christian symbolism or being deep, Fate is all about the characters. It has one of the best cast of characters ever put to screen, and the show does a wonderful job, analyzing, developing and deconstructing them. Fate is not about the Grail War or the waifus, it's about the difficulties of human communication. Nasu wrote stuff he was familiar with, he had Asperger's syndrome and that aspect of his personality can be seen in all of his characters. What makes his characters so special is how personal they are to him, and that's why they are so well written. I know psychology and i have studied autism/Asperger's, and I can tell you all right now that Nasu is a genius at writing such characters.

You can hate on it as much as you want but it won't change reality, it's one of the most acclaimed and best-made psychological series ever.
>>
>>143004181
Monogatari is the best-written and most complex anime of all time.

The essential nature of heroic ideals, and an in-depth exploration on what would motivate someone to follow that path. The idea of selfish actions for selfless reasons. A dilemma between logic and emotion (Tsubasa's conflict). The idea of facades and how we hide ourselves within society. Consequentialism and regret; nihilism (Kaiki's conflict). Existence and individuality (Araragi's "rebirth" following his death in the fire). The meaning of choice. Contrasting of several different philosophies (Pragmatism, Altruism, Idealism, Utilitarianism, etc). Perceptions of people (very overt with the way Araragi perceives Shinobu vs everyone else). Cultural expectations of good and evil (Kagenui/Kaiki). Consent and fate (Hachikuji and MEME). Societal values and morality.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>143004181
Fate/Stay Night is a gateway eroge of the worst kind. It's a bad game, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive powerlevel faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the VN itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the Noble Phantasms, ridiculous, color-coded clothes, the whole Servant faggotry and everything about the Fate/Stay Night world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on the NATURE of HEROISM, and overall chuuni tone of the VN makes it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Fate/Stay Night is basically THE franchise to attract the most hated fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this franchise and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Fate/Stay Night threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
penis
>>
>best-written
>most complex
I don't see any of those in F/SN
>>
>>143004181
Okay guys, here's my fan-theory. This is what actually happened during the whole show. It's the most heavily hinted in UBW route at Shirou's fight against Gilgamesh.
>>
File: 1456275980469.jpg (36 KB, 328x281) Image search: [Google]
1456275980469.jpg
36 KB, 328x281
>>143004181
>Tries to start a discussion about F/N
>uses an image from Fate Zero
>>
To bad the anime touches on none of that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.