[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do 20-something men like magical girls? Is it because they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x1006) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x1006
Why do 20-something men like magical girls?

Is it because they invoke a big brother/father instinct? Because men are creeps as this site shows frequently enough? Or just because the stories are enjoyable and why else would you watch something?
>>
Stupid questions go on >>>/qa/
>>
File: 1453071589570.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453071589570.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
I can only speak for myself. But I prefer mahou shoujo since it focuses much more on character development and relationships than most shounen stories. They're just well done modern fantasy stories. At least the good mahou shoujos. There's still plenty of mahou shoujo that try to be mindless fighting and pandering to pedos. And I don't watch those for long (here's look at you Nanoha).

I'm sure there's plenty of other guys who watch mahou shoujo just for the cute girls. But you can get the same thing from K-On or Working or hundreds of other shows. That's not really something that sets mahou shoujo apart. That being said, Sakura, Usagi and Ahiru are some of the cutest girls in anime. Mostly because of their extreme reactions. Another staple of mahou shoujo I love, which ties into character development.
>>
File: 1463017011105.png (420 KB, 756x890) Image search: [Google]
1463017011105.png
420 KB, 756x890
Because I want to be a little girl and like to self insert into little girls with power.
>>
It's empowering if you're a little girl on the inside.
>>
They're good because they're the original and most natural form of moe. As magical girls are written and drawn to be female role models for little girls to idolize and aspire towards becoming, it's no wonder that men with a healthy sexual drive find them to be the ultimate women as well.
>>
>>142200227
>you just realized madoka is older than usagi
>>
>>142200227
I take offense to this ageist agenda!
I'm a 30-something man.
>>
>>142200227
Even fucking Hideki Anno likes magical girls (Cutie Honey)

They are pretty
They are badass

That is more than enough
>>
File: santa.jpg (499 KB, 1280x1125) Image search: [Google]
santa.jpg
499 KB, 1280x1125
I like frilly dresses.
>>
>>142200227
Magical Girls can be pretty damn entertaining, though often for different reasons.

Stuff like Sally or Sakura is fun because the MC is fun and has way too much power in her hands which results in all kinds of hijinks.

Stuff like Cutie Honey, Nanoha, Symphogear, is fun because it's a pretty girl beating villains.

Stuff like Madoka and Yuki Yuna uses the whole neo-classic/neo-folk style respectively, mixes it with cute designs, and tells a story wth it.

It's not one factor, in particular, it's the cast, the action, the style. It's not something that necessarily needs the magical girls to happen, but it often happens to magical girls because it's a genre whose traditions brings this kind of stuff up.
>>
>>142200227
>Why do 20-something men like magical girls?

I don't need a reason to love what I do.

>Is it because they invoke a big brother/father instinct?

Hardly.

> Because men are creeps as this site shows frequently enough?

You fuck off with all this "creep" talk. Just seriously drop that shit right now. Apologize, you troglodyte. Learn some manners and politeness.

> Or just because the stories are enjoyable and why else would you watch something?

That's just it. The shows are cute and fun. Maybe it's also a bit of missed-out childhood. We didn't play with girls in this way as much as we'd have liked when we think about how we grew up.

It's about strong female role models, too.
The girls in those shows are amazing and kind.
And ideal image of the women we want in our lives.
>>
>>142200227
>men are creeps as this site shows frequently enough
I'm all for discussion shoujo, but this thread is shit and you don't belong here, bye.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.