[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GITS predecessor anime????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 675257-batou03.jpg (43 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
675257-batou03.jpg
43 KB, 720x405
A while ago I watched an anime that looked like it was a predecessor to Ghost in the Shell.

There were characters that looked like Batou, with the cybernetic eyes, but I think he was a bad guy in this one.

There was also a "tachikoma-like" mech as well and people had "sockets" in their necks just like in GITS.

I know it's not any GITS episode or OVA. The anime style was earlier, like late 80's or early 90's.

Does anyone have any idea what this was called? I've been through Masamune Shirow and Mamoru Oshii's filmography and can't figure out what it was.
>>
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>141138776
>You're a fucking idiot.

Explain. There was an anime that predates GITS that had similar looking characters..
>>
Assuming you aren't thinking of the first GITS movie, could you be thinking of Cyber City Oedo?
>>
Probably some OVA from the 80s. Ask /wsr/.
>>
>>141139123
>GITS predecessor anime????

No, I watched Cyber City a couple nights ago since I thought that was it.

I'm 100% positive it's not a GITS episode or OVA, it went by another name.

Sort of like how Landmates appeared in Gundress, which had nothing to do with Appleseed.

This OVA had characters that looked like "prototypes" of characters that wound up in GITS. There was also a "tachikoma-like" mech in it as well.

I just can't remember the name.
>>
>>141139192

Thanks, I will if this doesn't pan out in /a/
>>
>>141139360
Armitage III?
>>
Ask /m/, seriously they love this shit.
>>
>>141139426
Could also be Gunnm.
>>
>>141139426
>Armitage III?

No, I don't remember that having a character that looked like Batou or tachikoma style mechs.
>>
>>141139502
>Could also be Gunnm.

No, it's not Battle Angel Alita.

It had a similar story to GITS, but more "primitive".

It's almost like they took parts from this anime and later used them to make GITS.
>>
File: 1457440612628.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457440612628.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>141139547
Good luck. The animescape of the 80s is rife with cyberpunk
>>
This is really aggravating.

I watched this a couple months ago but deleted it since I didn't think I'd watch it again, now I can't remember what it was called or find it again.
>>
>>141139615

Ooh, Dragon's Heaven.

I think I'll watch that tonight.
>>
>>141139638
Can't go wrong with Shinya Ohira
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>141139717
AD Police Files?
>>
>>141139968
>AD Police Files

No, AD Police takes place in the Bubblegum Crisis universe.

This will be my quest. I have to figure out what this anime was.
>>
>>>/wsr/
Why is this shit always so hard for you retards
>>
>>141139615
I don't think you understand term cyberpunk.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.