[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is this show? I'm craving a thriller/action show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21
File: kabaneri.png (560 KB, 650x421) Image search: [Google]
kabaneri.png
560 KB, 650x421
How good is this show? I'm craving a thriller/action show like SnK and Berserk
>>
a bunch of edgy anons will call it shit but it's pretty good, probably top 5 this season
>>
>>141053448
Okay. I just don't want another Aldnoah Zero
>>
Its eh
Still has to do something interesting
Looks nice tho
>>
Try it and decide for yourself, you degenerate sheep.
>>
Pretty mediocre.
>>
>>141053408
>thriller/action
you'll probably like it.

AOTS material, anon.
>>
Beautiful art direction and quality. Its really fun and action packef but shows signs of shitting the bed later on as far as plot goes. Definetly one of the best shows this season
>>
>>141053408
>rec thread
Fuck off.
>>
File: dLoWd.webm (820 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dLoWd.webm
820 KB, 1280x720
It's pretty good so far.
>>
>>141053408
what exactly is 'thriller' about berserk
>>
It has dumbass logic.
>>
>>141053408
It's a solid action thriller with a fucking train, and zombies. Also steam punk thrown in the mix for maximum entertainment value.

It also has the best main character we had in a while, I mean you where going to watch it anyways why come to /a/, this is literally the worst place to ask for honest opinions. 10% actual comments, 90% shit post.
>>
>>141053408
Pretty mediocre, but if you're the type of retard who enjoyed SnK you'll probably like this too.
>>
File: 1461028863998.png (120 KB, 300x630) Image search: [Google]
1461028863998.png
120 KB, 300x630
>>141055318
> Best male character.
You'll change, you will all change in the end...
>>
First two episodes were good but the third was a massive step down and the MC turned into a fuckboy
>>
File: the real snk.jpg (47 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
the real snk.jpg
47 KB, 410x308
Whenever I see SnK I instantly think Souten no Ken, then I get sad because they always mean Attack on Titan.
>>
>>141055389
Sorry, anon, I couldn't hear you over the sound of MMO REFERENCE.
>>
>>141055389
His a shit main character who drown in his own shitty meta as a generic otaku light novel protagonist.

His fucking retarded and one note, he has no goals or motivations besides trying to get his dick wet.

You have absolute shit taste and you should really fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1460927256415.jpg (68 KB, 325x490) Image search: [Google]
1460927256415.jpg
68 KB, 325x490
>>141055654
> Generic light novel mc
> Calling this groovy pose mc generic.
> No goals or motivations.
" I won't let you die no matter how many times I will die."
> One note.
Pic related
>>
>>141053448
>>141055003
>>141055096
>>141055381
>>141055398
Just saw the first episode. It seems okay, very generic though. Honestly the only part that caught my attention was the into. There's a ton of melodrama (or what seems to me like melodrama).

I enjoyed SnK, but except for some obvious similarities (Zombies/Titan, Protected city) they seem really different.

>>141055318

I'm not a fan of the Main Character at all. What exactly does he have going for him? Eren's "I want to kill them all" makes sense, especially after his mother dies. This dude just seems to be an archetype with no substance.
>>
>>141053408
Looks nice, MC isn't unbearable
Otherwise it's ok
>>
>>141056107
Please tell me you caught on to all the bullshit logic of the show, at least? Like the terrible common sense?
>>
>>141056107
>a ton of melodrama

I dunno drama related to superzombies doesn't feel like it would be melodrama.
>>
>>141056213
Please elaborate.
>>
>>141056107
>Eren's "I want to kill them all" makes sense, especially after his mother dies. This dude just seems to be an archetype with no substance.
Keep watching, he had it worse than Eren desu. His sister got bitten and he had to kill her to spare her from becoming a kabane.
>>
>>141056107
Hes way better than eren though. Hes not completly worthless without his special snowflake powers
>>
>>141056107
>What exactly does he have going for him?

That he isn't a full on one dimensional edge master like Eren while at the same time being fairly pragmatical.
>>
>>141055889
>omg look he did a funny pose! His so much different from every other neet in an mmo world!!!

Please fucking die.

> "I won't let you die no matter how many times I will die."

Casualfag alert, let me teach you something basic .

Q.Why won't he let this girl that he just met die?
A.Because he wants to put his dick inside of her.

This is literally the shallow main characters only actual goal.

A character can only be describe as barely decent if they are establish to have goals and motivations that move the plot.

Saburu on the other hand is a typical poorly written reactive main character, when we meet him he isn't doing anything.

The plot comes to him, and he simply reacts.

The only thing he ever went out of his way to do is try and get some pussy, and then comically edgy villians comes to him.

it's literally. "Lets kill the main character in the edgiest ways possible over and over again, that' excite all the sword art online fans! Their at least 15 by now, they love blood!"

Besides that all he wants to do is fuck. His such a bland character that the he can't even move the plot it literally comes to him.
>>
>>141055464
I always think of SNK, like Samurai Spirits and shit.
>>
>>141056213
What do you mean?

>>141056222
Maybe i'm just being overcritical. SnK caught me with the first episode though, actually I think SnK had a fantastic first episode.

I don't really feel invested in any of the characters in this, including the MC. The girl with the ice skating sandals is already annoying me (power young waifu girl is overpowered for no reason)

>>141056323
That's what makes Eren an interesting character? The manga especially goes into his feeling of worthlessness without his shifter abilities.

>>141055127
Well in hindsight Berserk really wasn't a thriller or fast paced at all, the pacing actually took its time. That being said Berserk definitely had me invested and now i'm reading the manga.
>>
I'm watching this mostly because I enjoy my anime having more than a flat color.

I think it's pretty good for an original even if a good chunk of it is inspired/derived from SnK
>>
>>141056447
>SnK caught me with the first episode though

Nothing happened though. And it had even more of that "melodrama".

>I don't really feel invested in any characters in this

And you were from the first episode of SnK?

I dunno, this all sounds like personal problems, rather than any inherent problems the show has.
>>
>>141056559
Maybe not personal problems, taste is subjective as is what appeals to you and what doesn't.

People on the internet tend to choose whether or not they like something as a political view rather than their actual opinion though. Did you actually dislike SnK? I thought the show was well done.

The first episode takes its time to introduce you to the world, the characters, and the backstory. Eren gets to interact with his family. There's a calm before the storm feeling before the Titans break through and it ends with his mom getting killed. I actually think it's a perfect first episode.

I will give this a second ep try though.
>>
>>141056674
>The first episode takes its time to introduce you to the world, the characters, and the backstory.
You make it sound like babby's first anime.
>>
>>141056249
> You must commit suicide for honor! Even though we are yelling at you to kill yourself! Forcing people to kill themselves and when you should just kill them YOURSELF! DEFINITELY NOT A HYPOCRITICAL THINKING! Logic 101!
> Angry mc going all hypocritical about being human and not losing oneself even though he is ANGER-PRONE.
> Checking bites even though being a zombie usually happens within minutes.
> Hey! Zombies are invading and we should have bite check even though they show the infection starts quickly and the zombies are right there!
> Oh man! We just let infected trains in without inspection!
> Mc gets bitten and guess what? Instead of cutting arm or some shit, SUFFOCATING yourself will stop the infection! LOGIC!
GREAT WRITING!
>>
>>141056674
>taste is subjective as is what appeals to you and what doesn't

No, see. Taste is not subjective. Taste is a fact that changes with every person, much like the neurons in your brain are all very much physical and tangible objects.

>Did you actually dislike SnK

Yeah I got bored of it. Too much talking, not enough things happening. Talking takes up a lot of time, especially when people are yelling at each other in fear over every little thing.

You don't need an entire 20 minutes to introduce people to a world. All of which you described happens in this one as well.
>>
>>141056773
>DEFINITELY NOT A HYPOCRITICAL THINKING
>logic 101

Taking your own life is definitely a very japanese thing, and it makes sense in their world. Rather than being shot down like a dog, you kill yourself like a man.

>angry mc hurr durr

You can hold a set of standards as an ideal while at the same time struggling to uphold them. It's not rocket science.

>Checking bites even though being a zombie usually happens within minutes.
>usually

It might not always be quick. And the MC pretty much did say that these people are way too quick to kill their own in fear. Humans are illogical when they're afraid, News at 11.

>Oh man! We just let infected trains in without inspection!

More retarded shit happens on a daily basis in reality anon. People are just dumb.

>suffocating

Well they did find out the shit travels through the veins. Suffocation stops blood flow. You can see him attempting to stop it at earlier stages, and it was really the last resort. Cutting off an arm is a lot harder than you think.

I was at least under the impression that you had something legitimate, but I can see now that you're just some imbecile with a chip on their shoulder.
>>
Basilisk and Samurai 7
>>
>>141056107
Are you fucking joking?

His goals/motivations? To create a weapon that can effectively defeat the kabane.

>This dude just seems to be an archetype with no substance.
Why do I get the feeling your a casual fag just throwing around buzzwords you don't understand?

He is clearly not a fan of the kabane(for obvious reasons) and therefore creates a weapon that can defeat them. His cool headed for the most part and knowledgable.

Where is he lacking substance, how is he an archetype?
>>
>>141056773
>"WHY DON'T PEOPLE THINK LOGICALLY IN SITUATIONS OF EXTREME DISTRESS? WHY AM I SO AUTISTIC?"

Kabaneri's writing is shit, but your "criticism" is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>141056179
How? What's wrong the the main character? Please be specific.
>>
>>141056773
You're all kinds of fucking stupid. It's like you completely missed the point.

> You must commit suicide for honor! Even though we are yelling at you to kill yourself!

That's the point dip shit, the scene effectively shows the paranoia and disorganization of the people. They are yelling at the guy because they too are scared, the said "do it for honor" as a means to get it over with, not literally. You're fucking stupid.

>Angry mc going all hypocritical about being human
The main character never became hypocritical, nor does he lose his humanity by being angry, that doesn't even make sense.

>Checking bites even though being a zombie usually happens within minutes
The show clearly established that the virus can incubate after infecting small wounds or scratches, those assumed to possibly be incubating the virus are kept under watch for 3 days.

>Hey! Zombies are invading and we should have bite check.
This scene was never meant to imply that the bushi's judgement call was right or just. It was meant to enforce the fact that they are all fucking paranoid and no knows exactly what to do. Theirs nothing bad about establishing issues.

>Oh man! We just let infected trains in without inspection
They have no way of inspecting trains until they enter the station, in addition if the driver pulls the horn they normally let down the bridge, as they had been for 20 years. They had no reason to believe zombies could hijack a train and pull the horn.

>Mc gets bitten and guess what? Instead of cutting arm or some shit, SUFFOCATING yourself will stop the infection! LOGIC

Besides the fact that a commoner like the mc wouldn't have an enourmous cleaving knife of which he could use to cut his own arm off.
He was confident in his studies and he was sure he could stop the virus so long as it didn't reach his brain.
The whole scene established the rules of their world.

Now go kill yourself you contrarian fuck.
>>
>>141056383
> Hurr durr! Please fucking die. Kill yourself!
My goodness! A little temper I see!
> He only wants pussy!
She gave him kindness and when danger came, he knew he was going to die and was willing to at least save her. Another loop after loop gave him a chance to rewrite fate. A real shallow mc is someone who never develops as a character.
>Reactionary MC
Almost every mc we have seen had something triggered in some way that drives their goals. At least he is actually working towards to being part of the world he is in right now.
>it's literally. "Lets kill the main character in the edgiest ways possible over and over again, that' excite all the sword art online fans! Their at least 15 by now, they love blood!"
I cannot take you seriously if you don't fix your sentences.

>Besides that all he wants to do is fuck. His such a bland character that the he can't even move the plot it literally comes to him.
> His
> He's
Who's the faggot now, ESL-kun? And you're calling me a filthy casual. How hypocritical.
>>
>>141057621
>They have no way of inspecting trains until they enter the station, in addition if the driver pulls the horn they normally let down the bridge, as they had been for 20 years. They had no reason to believe zombies could hijack a train and pull the horn.
Did Kabane actually hijack the train (which'd mean they're smart) or did a Kabane inside start an infection by biting everyone until it got out of control?
>>
>>141057707
Both.
>>
>>141057707
>>141057707
They do seem to be kind of smart, like that one spinning kabane who blasted himself against the water pipe-thing.
>>
>>141053408
It's literally an alternate SnK with the same staff, save for the writer
>>
>>141058032
Why would they sacrifice themselves? Maybe the virus wants to spread?
>>
>>141058104
Like them not just being hosts to a virus, but the virus completely taking over their actions and exerting its own will? I think you might be onto something here, anon.
>>
>>141058292
Even some fungi will do that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps
>>
>>141058292
I don't think the virus communicates between multiple users, like, it's not a single entity governing multiple hosts, but I think it's designed in a way that if it detects lots of humans it doesn't hesitate to harm itself just to gain access to them because overall it'll make it spread more
>>
>>141056107

That's cause it is pretty generic and okay, unfortunately it was pre-hyped heavily so it means tons of shitposting and people pretending to have extreme polarized opinions about it
>>
>>141056376

Male characters in anime have been so bad for so long now that Ikoma probably looks absolutely amazing to all the newfag viewers that dominate the anime community and only started watching shit 3-4 years ago.
>>
>>141059075
Sure. Still doesn't mean he's bad at any rate.
>>
>>141053408
Watch it yourself dumbass, its not that fucking hard
>>
>>141059075
He's still pretty good. Reminds me of Guts in his ep 2 scene (you know the one), and I'd suck Guts' dick
>>
OP here. I take back what I said after watching episode 2, main character is great.
>>
I've just realised something.

If the zombies have enough strength to manipulate thick metal, and have some degree of intelligence, why dont they just bend or break the rails so the train crashes with no survivors?
>>
>>141060039
That way they wouldn't be able to infiltrate the other colonies like they did in the first episode. You make a good point though, and maybe it'll be brought up in a future episode.
>>
>>141056107
>Just saw the first episode. It seems okay, very generic though. Honestly the only part that caught my attention was the into.

Doesn't this apply to every modern anime?
>>
File: 1461899506493.png (743 KB, 858x796) Image search: [Google]
1461899506493.png
743 KB, 858x796
>>141058097
Except SnK is over hyped as dick and is based off of mediocre source material.

This is an anime original with an amazing staff.

The lead writer has written and done series composition for Azumanga Daioh, RahXephon, Planetes, E7, and he wrote 08th MS Team and Utena.

With the exception of E7 and RahXephon, all of that shit is 10/10

And then the lead character designer has worked on all of Macross, Gunbuster and War in the Pocket which is my favorite Gundam series.

>>141053408
At the very least, it's going to be a fun ride and it'll look nice as hell.
>>
>>141060633

Casuals will say it's AOTY. Edgelords will say it's shit. I say it's worth watching and definitely the better anime of the season. Undoubtedly the setting and plot has been influenced by SnK, but that doesn't make it any less worth watching.

And Mumei is best habanero. The memes alone make it worth watching
>>
>>141060039
That's why I don't think they're smart enough to do that, it'd require knowledge of how a train works
>>
>>141060039
Some degree of intelligence does not mean human intelligence. Probably more closer to that of a dog or cat
>>
>>141055025
How is asking if a specific show you're thinking about watching a recommendation thread...? It's really pretty obvious he's not fishing for related recommendations, just asking if this particular one is worth watching.
>>
File: 1461288714573.jpg (28 KB, 383x723) Image search: [Google]
1461288714573.jpg
28 KB, 383x723
This is a Japanese zombie.
>>
>>141053408
Damn good.
>>
I'd say better than SnK. Both shows hold a lot of similarities but I like Kabaneri better so far.
>>
>>141056383
>Casualfag alert, let me teach you something basic.

Let me teach something basic, we dont care a shit about your opinion here.
>>
>>141057197
I just said he wasn't unbearable
>>
>>141056773
You're fucking retarded dude.
> Mc gets bitten and guess what? Instead of cutting arm or some shit, SUFFOCATING yourself will stop the infection! LOGIC!

Yes, let's cut off a fucking arm and die from blood loss. Brilliant strategy m8. And how, exactly, is he suppose to cut his arm off? And what does he do once he's losing consciousness and dying in a pool of his own blood?

> Hey! Zombies are invading and we should have bite check even though they show the infection starts quickly and the zombies are right there!

It isn't immediate shit lord. The pregnant woman took hours to turn. The place your bitten probably determines how fast you turn. They do checks to keep people in line and show their authority. But you're too fucking stupid to even understand that obvious of a detail.

> Angry mc going all hypocritical about being human and not losing oneself even though he is ANGER-PRONE.

I'm just guessing you had a stroke when you wrote this one.

> You must commit suicide for honor! Even though we are yelling at you to kill yourself! Forcing people to kill themselves and when you should just kill them YOURSELF! DEFINITELY NOT A HYPOCRITICAL THINKING! Logic 101!

What is seppaku sempai.
>>
>>141057688
No a shallow mc is one with shallow goals and motivations that define his character. This guy just wants some pussy, it's his only goal period.

>Almost every mc we have seen had something triggered in some way that drives their goals.
You're sourly ignorant about such basic literature elements.
That's not what a reactive character is. A reactive character is one who can't move the plot on his own, the plot doesn't revolve around his goals or motivations.

Good main characters are introduced as active, doing something that implies whatever their motivations or goals may be.

For example we're introduced to ikoma hard at work creating something, this instantly tells us important details about his character as his monologues.

Subara for example is just stand their, and the plot magically comes to him and he purely reacts.
Before he was conveniently transported to a magical world wouldn't be doing anything.

Active, and reactive only really matters by when the character is introduced.

>She gave him kindness
So? What does this matter? His only goal since coming to the fantasy world was fucking a hot chick.
>and when danger came,
Key wording here. Danger/plot comes to the main character, this because he doesn't have any actual interesting goals.

>he knew he was going to die and was willing to at least save her.
What are you even trying to say?How does this change the fact that all he wants is to get his dick wet?
>>
>>141063988
Explain though. Your back handed bullshit implies his not a very good main character. Tell me why.

Oh wait.....
>>
>>141065064
>His only goal since coming to the fantasy world was fucking a hot chick

Saving them doesn't mean fucking them. You keep saying that, but it's not a slice of life about some dudebro in a bar.

>plot keeps happening

Plot is a fucking culmination of every characters goals. Not merely some event in a story. You write so much bullshit based on your own misunderstandings. The very fact that the MC chases after these girls in order to save them means he is active. Otherwise he'd just stay away from the danger and not give a fuck, like a leaf fluttering in the breeze. You can't even see the difference between a weak character and a character with no motivations.
>>
>>141065394
Shit your dense.
Q.Why does he want to save her?
A.Because he wants to fuck her.

>Plot is a fucking culmination of every characters goals.
No it's not.
The most basic form of a solid plot requires the hero/heroine to have solid goals or motivations.

A clear sign of shitty writing is when an author can't create an interesting lead character with actual goals and motivations. Instead they make a bland insert and the plot will just happen to him.

>The very fact that the MC chases after these girls in order to save them means he is active.

No it doesn't. You're fucking stupid every main character in every anime ever will at some point do something active.

What makes an Active character is if said character will do these actions on his/her own accord based on their own goals/motivations.
It's their introduction that confirms this.

Subara goals or motivations simply do not move the plot, all he wants is to be with the girl, and the writers shoe horn the plot towards him.

It's just amateur writing at best, and a poorly written contrived mess at worst which is re:zero
>>
>>141065682
>A.Because he wants to fuck her.

It doesn't really matter why he wants to save her. It remains the case that he wants to stop her from dying on him. Which is a completely different ballgame than merely getting your dick wet.

You're just a fucking moron. Why did I even respond in the first place?
>>
>>141056383
>reactive
besides being in wrong thread, here is where you are wrong.
sure his first cycle cycles basically are to show off his bullshit power. he could easily have left everything alone but instead he chose to actively follow this plot in subsequent cycle
>>
>>141065757
christ your dense, him getting his dick wet is the end game, that's all this shit is actually about. It's shallow bullshit.

>>141066184
He is still only reacting to shit that other more ambitious secondary characters do.
>>
File: 1328154496057.jpg (21 KB, 324x246) Image search: [Google]
1328154496057.jpg
21 KB, 324x246
>>141066979
>when I remove all other reasons instead of the shallow one I put forth, it's shallow bullshit
>>
Soundtrack is ridiculously good.

Artsyle reminds me of Ninja Scroll

Main character isn't a whining useless piece of shit.

This kind of setting doesn't get enough use in media.

Wildly ripped off the trash that was SnK while being better than it in every way.

Give it a try. Even if you hate it, ignore the majority of /a/ who are desperate to hate on everything anyone might enjoy, and came into this anime with a negative bias before even watching it.
>>
>>141065349
I'm not being backhanded, you're reading too much into it. It's just a safe way to say he isn't shit. Also, your posting style seems to show that you don't fit in, lurk moar
>>
File: Rickhandless.png (356 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
Rickhandless.png
356 KB, 800x569
>>141053408
It honestly wouldn't have been as generic if they kept the "Human beings vs. Hostile creatures" trope going. Why did they have to add the:
>I AM A HYBRID BEING MC! MEANING IM THE MOST OVERPOWERED CHARACTER IN THE SHOW AND I'LL NEVER JOB! SO CHARACTER/POWERLEVEL DEVELOPMENT IS PRETTY USELESS KNOW XD

Like they did with SnK. Its stupid. I would have better prefer'd the MC have no asspull moves and just rely on his luck and wittiness. Pic somewhat related.
>>
Just watched what's out so far.
Okay so why did the hanging yourself machine prevent the virus? It just sort of gave up. Why don't they put hanging yourself machines all over the place? Also if killing the zombies was possible with javelins why is his gun so special? Why do undead chicks make my little anon go boi-yoi-yoi-yoi-yoing?
>>
File: 1459400927574.jpg (27 KB, 488x557) Image search: [Google]
1459400927574.jpg
27 KB, 488x557
>>141067811
This, pretty much. The only negative thing I'd add to this list is the characters. While the main character is a slight upgrade from Eren, Eren was a pretty bland atypical shonen protagonist to begin with. On top of that, Mumei's character is legitimately awful so far, aside from her visual design.
>>
File: no fucks..png (113 KB, 1448x70) Image search: [Google]
no fucks..png
113 KB, 1448x70
>>141069602
I will agree that come the end of episode 3 the characters were getting to me.

My hope is that the main character continues acting more like he did in episode 1 and 2, and less like in 3 where the moment he stops his train of murder he decides to go off on the typical, "I will fight for justice/let's be heroes" thing.

I want more of the Guts jr. we got in episode 1 and 2. If he wants to cry that's fine, but I don't need another protagonist that has to do everything in the name of good and not shut up about it.
>>
>>141068885
To use the javelin as effective anti-kabane weapon you need insane strength most persons dont have. While the piercer can be used by everyone but is more effective with Ikoma since he can resist the bites/close range attacks now.
>>
>>141068885
>Okay so why did the hanging yourself machine prevent the virus?

the answer is probably "it's just anime magic don't think about it", but I do have a consistent theory on how that could work (which i think people are probably tired of me posting since i've done it like 3 times before, but fuck it)

>upon introduction into a new bitten host, the virus/parasite/etc briefly goes into a "conversion" stage
>if you can cut off bloodflow to your brain for long enough, it will convert your body into a kabane body, and then revert to a dormant state
>you are now left with a super kabane body but a regular human brain

>Why don't they put hanging yourself machines all over the place?
because it's made pretty explicit that only Ikoma and maybe some of his friends have even entertained the idea that kabane-ism is actually a virus/parasite/etc and not a magical curse. this is... i forget the name of the era, but we're talking about a setting with superstitious peasants where "modern medicine" is not a widespread concept.

>Also if killing the zombies was possible with javelins why is his gun so special?
because she is a habanero and thus superpowered, and she had to throw the javelin and then kick it at full force to pierce the heart. and when she uses her steam guns to kill them, she never gets a kill with less than 3 dead-on heart shots, and i think at least one takes 8 total. so the steam guns are capable of making the kill, but you require superhuman accuracy/consistency to accomplish it, something a regular human with a steam gun can't do.
>>
I'm so fucking GAR for Ikoma just because I feel like he's the first 'badass' protag in forever that isn't a flat 1 dimension. maybe he's just average and I'm only in love with the idea because most others are so shit, but I really appreciate the fact that he's incredibly determined, but not infallibly perfect.

two parts in particular that I feel make him stand out from the crowd

>i have to use blood to lure this kabane
>like your standard cookie-cutter-badass, slices his arm with zero hesitation
>but then goes "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THAT HURT"

>gives out his 'badass' speech about how "I WILL SAVE YOU AND THEN LAUGH AT YOU FROM DEATH BECAUSE YOU ABANDONED ME"
>but then falls down and cries like a bitch after

I'm just diggin this combination of "utter unstoppable determination towards his goal" with "also realistically weak sometimes because he's not a cardboard cutout of perfect manliness"
>>
i comes to mind, putting SnK's OP over virtually anything was a time-honored tradition, and this is sort of SnKotetsujo, has anyone bothered to lay the SnK OP over Habanero's intro? I wonder if it works
>>
Its shit /thread
>>
>>141073362
careful not to cut yourself on that edge

>show is good
>show is popular
>/a/ likes it

pick two
>>
>>141053448
>top 5 this season
There's only like 5 watchable shows this season to begin with.
>>
beast
>>
>>141053408
>How good is this show?
Shit so far. Still waiting for stuff to happen.
>>
File: 1462266030167[1].jpg (232 KB, 1438x809) Image search: [Google]
1462266030167[1].jpg
232 KB, 1438x809
>>141053408
It's fun as fuck and has great visuals and music. Fuck the plot, it's a steampunk zombie Michael Bay action flick, shit is going to be entertaining.
>>
>>141060601
Nah. This was very unimpressive compared to a lot of openings this season
>>
>>141074149
>fun as fuck
lazy b-grade zombie flick more boring than HotD
>has great visuals
Sloppy shading, Quake 2 color pallete and inconsistent animation as result of production being outsourced to 60 other studios
>and music
generic Sawano self rehash in Xs iteration
>>
>>141059183
He's not. In fact despite people calling him smart he does some stupid every fucking episode
>>
>>141074149
Hell yeah, easily the best show of the season.
>>
>>141059075
Pretty much this. Kabaneri isn't good the bar has just gotten incredibly low.
>>
>>141074365
I'm sorry I was trying to talk to the people that like to have fun. Go pick apart Transformers or something, no one gives a fuck.

>>141074433
*Rose-tinted glasses.

'Cause Shinji was a great MC, amiright? Kek. Get outta here ya old fuck.
>>
File: 1181.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
This show is only going to be recognized for the glorious as fuck shading it does on characters.

Mumei is great but she'll be forgotten.

That's it really, Even the fucking OST by Sawano is forgettable, Maybe he's ran out of ideas on how to remix his own shit for the 260th time.
>>
>>141074505
Shinji has garnered more discussions than Ikoma ever will. It seems like people are just inserting their own fantasies into his character because he's so unremarkably bland but then again that goes the same for most of the cast.
>>
>>141074546
>Mumei is great but she'll be forgotten
Mumei has more fanart after just 3 episodes than most other female characters get after a whole cour. I don't think she'll be forgotten so quickly even though she is an ass.
>>
>>141074593
>Shinji has provoked more trolling than Ikoma ever will
There, fix'd.
>>
File: 1391569445483.jpg (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1391569445483.jpg
54 KB, 625x626
>>141074365
>Sloppy shading
>>
>>141074593
Fuck your bait, I'll bite.

Shinji has garnered more discussion because NGE pulled anime off its ass in a time where it had jack shit for competition and it was decently good. That doesn't make him a good character or a complicated one. Anyone who tries to pretend he is anything more is a pretentious fuckwad that likes to think NGE is super highbrow and intelligent when it was Anno taking some basic story and ramming a bunch of faux-Christian symbolism in because "it looked cool". Ikoma in three episodes has had more development and been given more motivational context than Shinji got for the first half of NGE while he cried and ran like a bitch.

Again, you're looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses, grandpa. Anime isn't worst and the bar isn't any lower.
>>
File: 1461778731988.webm (638 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461778731988.webm
638 KB, 1280x720
>>141056107
Nothing. You can't take Kabaneri fags seriously. They'll claim that the show has great animation and this shit happens. They'll claim the show has a great soundtrack when its the same garbage Sawano has been dishing out for 4 years now. They'll claim that the character design is great when it looks like shit due to the digital artifacts.
>>
>>141074638
Are you seriously this new
>>141074710
>Shinji has garnered more discussion because NGE pulled anime off its ass in a time where it had jack shit for competition
>came out in the exact same time frame as Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell, Lain, Utena

Okay. Bare in mind back then he was hated by A LOT of people and only garnered appreciation when anime became a cesspool of Gary Stu and character made to be liked.

>Ikoma in three episodes has had more development and been given more motivational context than Shinji got for the first half of NGE while he cried and ran like a bitch.
You just can't take these faggots seriously.
>>
>>141060801
>Casuals will say it's AOTY. Edgelords will say it's shit.
And people with actual sense will not watch it.

> I say it's worth watching and definitely the better anime of the season.
So you're a casual
>>
What is with Amazon stopping it being shown outside of the USA? They're basically paying money to make the show less popular?

If they start buying up more shows demanding exclusive rights to every region when they refuse to sell to most of the world in it will become an issue.

Even if the revenue from existing anime streaming sites is meager locking most of the world out will damage the brand and heavily impact sales of merch and bluray.

Even in the US, shows restricted to the USA may take a large popularity hit as the rest of the world will not talk about them as much online leading to lower exposure.
Amazon won't care as long as viewer numbers cover the costs but it's suicidal for Anime companies in the long term. While Amazon might pay more upfront the large losses of audiences will hurt in the future.
>>
>>141074816
>Are you seriously this new
Are you seriously this autistic as to think that the daily Shinji threads are started by people genuinely wanting to discuss his character and motivations?
>>
>>141074546
>This show is only going to be recognized for the glorious as fuck shading it does on characters.
You are too stupid somethings Lelouch
>>
>>141074857
This fanbase is so stupid its incredibly
>>141074858
Well you obviously haven't been in them.
>>
>>141074619
>Mumei has more fanart after just 3 episodes than most other female characters get after a whole cour.
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>141053408
The people who like it don't really have much of a reason to like it since everything they're presented with "reality" they either ignore and find some inane reason to believe why its good and better than most anime this season. Basically any time you see anyone say how great the art and animation is its pretty likely that they don't know what they're talking about.
>>
File: Now this is shading.jpg (1 MB, 4094x2784) Image search: [Google]
Now this is shading.jpg
1 MB, 4094x2784
>>141074365
>Sloppy shading
If it was CGI with physically accurate shading you'd be complaining. OK so the shading isn't physically accurate and often doesn't respect the positioning of light sources, but guess what? It's not a Dutch old master painting, but it's better than most things we've seen these past years.

>>141074907
>>
>>141074842
Not him, but given what is out this season it is certainly in the higher end of things to watch compared to its counterparts.

It isn't AOTY, and could easily turn out just as bad as SnK with the direction of the last episode, but with the first episode and what hope remains this early in it is worth picking up out of this season.

It isn't like we're 12 episodes into a trainwreck, and praying it gets better. It's still early enough to give a try, and lose nothing but an hour of time at most assuming you stick around after episode 1.
>>
>>141074816
>Bebop, Lain, Utena
>exact same time frame
>2-3 years later

Kill yourself.

Escaflowne was a year later but isn't even close to comparable in impact and was riding on the mecha wave Gundam started and NGE repopularized. Ghost in the Shell came out the same year and while good, didn't really have immediate cultural impact like NGE did.

Shinji and NGE garner as much discussion as they do because NGE breathed life back into an industry that was suffering at the time. The only other thing notable that came out that year was Gundam Wing, and Gundam Wing is trash that people love to look back on with rose-tinted glasses as well.

Shinji is at best a mediocre and uninteresting character, there is little depth to him beyond pleasing his father and being a coward. Even if the last two episodes of NGE are forgivable (hint: they aren't), Shinji alone is enough reason that the show can't be considered a masterpiece by anyone but the most deluded of faggots.

At the very least, Ikoma has more motivation so far than just "muh father!" which automatically makes him more interesting. He doesn't just react like Shinji, he actively seeks out to improve the world he exists in as well using his past grievances to push himself forward and advance fucking medicine and technology at the same time.
>>
>>141074964
>It's not a Dutch old master painting, but it's better than most things we've seen these past years.
Not even close. G-Reco and Lupin Part IV looked better and handled the shading in a way that emulate the style of classic anime much better. Kabaneri looks no fucking different from most modern anime in fact the sloppy shading makes it stand out because it makes its imperfections like the bad CG all the more obvious.
>>
>>141075004
>but given what is out this season it is certainly in the higher end of things to watch compared to its counterparts.
It's not. There's nothing worth watching here. Biggest problem thus far is how boring the characters are, Okouichi has gotten really predictable now since Kabaneri is playing on the same beats as Guilty Crown and Valvare only with a more contemporary setting unfortunately this means that it has no bombasticity so even if it does go off the rails it won't even be fun to laugh at. As far as this season goes Mayoiga has me anticipating each episode due to the director and writer taking advantage of how crazy the set up and character are, Joker Game has a much more fully realized setting and interesting plot and Sansha Sanyou has the best animation of the season so what does Kabaneri have? Nothing.
>>
>>141074892
>This fanbase is so stupid its incredibly
I don't even like it that much, what is the story with it being restricted to Amazon? I only discovered the show existed weeks after it aired by stumbling onto an /a/ thread about it and even then it was unpopular enough for me to miss it earlier. It's certainly less popular than other well known action shows that were not heavily restricted.
>>
File: I+See+Stupid+People.jpg (55 KB, 510x287) Image search: [Google]
I+See+Stupid+People.jpg
55 KB, 510x287
>>141075017
>>
>>141075197
Amazon pretty much licensed all the noitamina catalog so starting with Kabaneri all anime from the block will be streaming exclusively at Amazon Prime. A lot of the fanbase seem to believe this means that Amazon paid for the production costs of Kabaneri which isn't the case they misinterpreted the words of an ANN author who said that the amount of the deal was big enough to fund an entire anime production even if it flops.
>>
>>141075017
I'm not that guy you're posting to, and i'm incredibly drunk so I'm probably not following your points, but I can't not respond.

escaflowne never got its due. it was the same timeframe as bebop and trigun and all the other 90s classics, but it was fucking fantastic, it blended a plethora of genres together and told a tale where every episode lead directly into the next, with zero filler, a concept that has rarely been replicated outside jojo.

i don't have shit to say about NGE

I agree totally that Ikoma has the best motivations and character traits out of any character we've seen in the last goddamn decade. he's utterly determined, but he can completely fall apart sometimes. he'll slash his arm to bleed to lure a kabane with zero hesitation, but then scream "GODDAMN THAT FUCKING HURT". he'll give a self-righteous speech about how he's going to save everyone who abandoned them and then die, and then break down crying after executing it.

maybe it's just how shit most MCs have been in the last decades that makes Ikoma look good, but either way, right now he is a fucking standout
>>
>>141075215
You.
>>
>>141075286
>I agree totally that Ikoma has the best motivations and character traits out of any character we've seen in the last goddamn decade
Remember kids, never take Kabanerifags seriously
>>
>>141075305
name a better one.
>>
When does the soundtrack come out?
>>
>>141075272
Isn't that extremely stupid? Giving Amazon exclusive streaming rights to every where outside of Asia when they only stream to the USA is crazy. Have people outside the USA been complaining?

It's going to hurt long term as anything locked to Amazon will suffer a reduction in popularity due to it not being on legal streaming sites. Amazon fire devices are almost non existent outside the USA as well, they well behind most other platforms when it comes to selling digital content beyond the USA.
>>
>>141075519
I've been watching it on Amazon.co.uk with no problems.
>>
File: Oh shit.jpg (172 KB, 1335x282) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit.jpg
172 KB, 1335x282
>>141075555
Well, except for THIS problem.
>>
>>141075555
Amazon only do USA, UK and Germany. Everyone else cannot ever watch it besides pirating it. Amazon do not seem to have a coherent strategy for digital content outside of the USA. Unless they plan to rapidly expand over the next 12 months it's an incredibly stupid deal.
>>
>>141053408
I WILL KILL ALL THE TITANS
>>
>>141075702
That isn't an Amazon exclusive problem, though. Nearly every online media provider has problems getting shit to places like Canada and Australia, and with anime they aren't going to give a fuck when most of the viewer base torrents and streams illegally, or uses shit like Crunchyroll which dominates the legal streaming market to the point that it ain't even worth trying to compete.
>>
>>141075702
Licensing deals are by country. Amazon presumably thought they could turn a profit on the license fee in the US, UK and Germany, but not anywhere else.
>>
>>141075984
No, no one else anywhere is streaming it. Amazon appear to have bought the rights to regions they have no intention of selling it in. It's most likely an anti-competitive move to preemptively destroy local streaming services in various countries by depriving them of content. Usually when some US only streaming site buys shows they still get licensed to other small streaming platforms in various countries.
>>
>>141075022
Lupin P4 doesn't look that good at all.
>>
>>141069602
How to spot a casualfag.

>Judging a characters "quality" based on their actions/personality.

Just cause a character has a personality you don't like it doesn't make them a bad character. Arrogance and a give no shit attitude is a part of what gives mumei character.
It's just her personality, it doesn't make her bad by any definition.
Christ you people are fucking stupid
>>
Ikoma went from badass engineer to worthless sack of shit in one episode.

All of sudden he wants to kill himself and abandon everyone. Whatever happened to those tears of being left from the pack?

Character took a nosedive and I hate it. I liked him when he was serious and steadfast about survival not some mopey faggot trying to appease others.
>>
>>141053408
At least the MC isn't pathetic
>>
It is worth watching.

Motherfucker if I managed to watch all of Mahou Sensou even though it ended up being shit, hell yeah I will watch this until the end.

I dont understand newfags crying about one or two episodes being boring or generic or some shit.

Who gives a fuck? As long as its entertaining ill watch it, not like Im loosing much by spending 25 minutes of my week watching it.
>>
>>141056107
>archetype
Of what? I don't remember any CHECK OUT MUH COOL NAILGUN characters in any other anime, at least not in recent times. Three episode rule dude.
>>
I have no problems with this show, but why do people act like this is miles better than SnK? Sounds like the same shit you hear every season: "this battle harem is unique, I swear it's better than all the other ones. Unlike in ___, the MC isn't ___ and does ____."
>>
>>141080160
>why do people act like this is miles better than SnK?
Because that was obviously the case after just the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>141077614
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/19132/animated-fighting-lupin_iii-lupin_iii_-2015-shinya
>>
>>141080160
>but why do people act like this is miles better than SnK?
As someone who is indifferent to SnK this is a lot worse in comparison. The people saying its better would say anything is better than SnK really.
>>
>>141080160
It's like SnK but the main character isn't an insufferable shit, they aren't trying to bait you with meaningless shock value deaths of random side characters, and there's no stupid shit like the rock arc (yet, admittedly). So for the most part, yes, this is better than SnK.
>>
There's something weird about the entering procedure for the train. The first train stop, then they lower the bridge, then the train could come in. On the second one, the spotter see the train, and suddenly decides to lower the bridge?

Maybe this whole bloody mess could be avoided if the gatekeeper just follow the first procedure...
>>
>>141080274
>they aren't trying to bait you with meaningless shock value deaths of random side characters
>killing a pregnant woman in the third episode
>there's no stupid shit
>Erotic asphyxiation stopped the spreading
>Not checking Mumei
>"Demi-corpse"
>They're actually Zombie vampires
I'm sure there's more but its pretty fucking stupid so far.
>>
>>141080160
This is the same shit. It's like the Force Awaken is to A new Hope.

But that doesn't mean it's shit.... it's just enjoyable...
>>
>>141080368
Sorry, you're right, when I said "stupid shit" I meant boring, tedious shit like the rock arc. Both of them have some stupid plot device bullshit.

As far as the rest, it's basically fine. I doubt they're going bring up this pregnant lady throughout the show like they did with all of those random single line side characters who died in the first few episodes of SnK. She's just a plot device, admittedly a somewhat cliche one, not someone who the writers expect us to actually care about.
>>
>>141080368
>Erotic asphyxiation stopped the spreading
He blocked his carotid arteries,you can correct me if I'm wrong
>Not checking Mumei
>"Demi-corpse"
>They're actually Zombie vampires
I fail to see the problem here and "demi-corpse" isn't an official translation
>>
>>141080274
So, you rage against Eren because he has super powers and rage even more because he is unable to use them.
>>
>>141080551
No, I dislike Eren because he's one dimensional and annoying. His superpowers have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>141080495
Yeah it doesn't really have time to bring up that pregnant lady again, though we'll probably get a lot of Ikoma's flashback, but it was an obvious drama device to put Mumei at odds with the passengers even though it could have been avoided if she had explained what had transpired instead of acting like psycho bitch.

>>141080549
>He blocked his carotid arteries,you can correct me if I'm wrong

True but the entire scene was played for dramatics much like him cutting his whole arm just to distract a few Corpses . If he needed to stop the carotid arteries he could have came with with a better procedure then just killing himself.

>I fail to see the problem here
Its a stupid concept with a silly name in the same vain as space vampires or whatever the hell Inori was in GC. Breaks any kind of immersion the show has when you realize that its just another form of vampirism that's being dealt with.
>>
>>141080702
I admit that cutting his arm to bait the kabane was stupid,but I'm okay with the asphyxiaton,at least it's better than mutilating his own arm

>Its a stupid concept with a silly name in the same vain as space vampires or whatever the hell Inori was in GC
Kabane means corpse,they just added a "ri" at the end to show they aren't full Kabane,no problem here as I said
>>
>>141078923
>Just cause a character has a personality you don't like it doesn't make them a bad character.

You're wasting your time trying to convince people to seperate their own personal preferences from their understanding and interpretation of what constitutes a good or bad character.
>>
>>141075286
You are really drunk and should just go to bed instead of shitposting.
>he'll slash his arm to bleed to lure a kabane with zero hesitation,
That's the only quick way to conduct rhe experiment out of this emergency hours and of course he would do it out of excitement
>but then scream "GODDAMN THAT FUCKING HURT".
Because obviously he never did this before. It do be weird if he felt nothing instead. Note that one could do something out of excitement without knowing the consequences especially in tight situation
>he'll give a self-righteous speech about how he's going to save everyone who abandoned them and then die, and then break down crying after executing it.
None would expect harsh treatment right after getting motivated, especially when he received death threat instead. Did you forgot that the actual reason he cried was not because him being sarcastic, but the train abandoned him RIGHT AFTER he opened the path?
>maybe it's just how shit most MCs have been in the last decades that makes Ikoma look good, but either way, right now he is a fucking standout
Ikoma exists or not, other MCs are still shit because they're made for self-insertion, and thus making their series look more like shit.
>>
>>141055654
>His a shit main character who drown in his own shitty meta
Stop abusing the English language and go suck in a breath of petrol, subhuman.
>>
We're getting some Bahi JD tomorrow

https://twitter.com/bahijd/status/727881315140444161
>>
>>141082668
>Bahi working on show with tight schedule
This can only end well.
>>
>>141074857
????
Can watch it in UK on prime
>>
>>141084970
nm, read some later posts, ignore.

Still not convinced on the whole blocking the virus to the brain thing. In the scene it also stops/reverses after reaching the stone in his hand. Could just be dramatic effect but the opening has a lot of focus on it too, plus mumei mentioning it hurt her etc, seems more important than a memento
>>
>>141053408
Animation looks good and seems like they have what could end up being a good plot but it's still to early to be sure
>>
>>141053408
>How good is this show? I'm craving a thriller/action show like SnK and Berserk

It could have been named "Rail Wars" and lived up to the name.
>>
>>141085415
>Animation looks good and seems like they have what could end up being a good plot
Found the retard
>>
>>141078923
How to spot a bad_logic_fag: "A character cannot be judged by using either its actions or personality."
>>
>>141053448
there's literally no watchable anime this season so being top 5 still means it's fucking shit

>mc is gay self insert manlet with GLASSES like a proper fucking nerd
>copycat story from snk
>copycat artstyle from snk
>copycat soundtrack from snk
>little mary sue fighter bitch
>steampunk
>trains
even the steam gear they have is copied from SnK

this is literally the worst and least unoriginal anime they could have made it's literally unwatchable (i'm still watching it so i can make educated criticism about it)

also having the same studio/composer etc doesn't mean it's not copycat it's literally just a shitty shitshow show with retarded characters that is riding on SnK's success

note: i also have bad vision but i wear contacts and i especially don't want to see a nerd fucking faggot be superhuman, it isn't realistic. why can't it be schwarzenegger lookalike or something?
>>
new eps wheeeeen
>>
>>141086838
obviously meant most unoriginal kek
>>
>>141086838
Over half of your complaints are false and the other half is true but exaggerated.
>>
File: 1461105386260.png (508 KB, 1018x810) Image search: [Google]
1461105386260.png
508 KB, 1018x810
>>141078923
Mumei's character is an awful fucking trope. I've seen this character too many times and every time nothing changes. Unless something changes later on, or they give her an actual unique backstory to provide sufficient reason for acting like a psuedo-chuuni, she's terrible.

I really wish I could be like you. I wish most of the stuff I watch nowadays felt new and interesting. If I could find a way to do it, I would. The irony in you calling me a casual is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>141081290
wow, sober you missed every point i made drunk, and unwittingly restated the exact same points yourself. pat yourself on the back guy.

>Because obviously he never did this before. It do be weird if he felt nothing instead. Note that one could do something out of excitement without knowing the consequences especially in tight situation
that's the whole fucking point. most anime would have him cut his arm and then have no reaction whatsover because 'he's just that hardcore'. this one made him behave like an actual person.

>Did you forgot that the actual reason he cried was not because him being sarcastic, but the train abandoned him RIGHT AFTER he opened the path?
again, that's the entire fucking point. your cookie-cutter badass would have let himself be abandoned with no reaction. ikoma performs the heroic act and then breaks down after the reality sets in, LIKE A REAL PERSON.

again, this may just make ikoma an "okay" character since standards have become so low, but compared to most MC's of the recent past, who are total 1-dimensional-shit, he's way above the bar
>>
>>141053408
It's pretty fun.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.