[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I wanted to pick up some of the classic shonen series from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Kenshiro_2.jpg (85 KB, 576x648) Image search: [Google]
Kenshiro_2.jpg
85 KB, 576x648
So I wanted to pick up some of the classic shonen series from my backlog but with some of them I'm not sure whether anime or manga version would be better. Here are the titles:
Ushio to Tora
Saint Seiya (original and prequels/sequels)
Hokuto no Ken
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
>>
>>141041498
Read mangas (especially HnK and YYH) and don't be a fag.
>>
>>141043937
so there isn't any adaptation that is better than source material for you?
>>
>>141041498
You must read Ushio and Tora. You can can watch anime or the ova if you want. But the manga for Ushio and Tora is the best form.
>>
>>141041498
Yu Yu Hakusho's pretty great in any medium, but I'd suggest reading the manga along with HnK. The anime's good too, but I prefer the dub to the subs. Yusuke's got a nice ass voice in English.
>>
Both Ushio to Tora anime are good, but skip over a shitload of things.
Saint Seiya anime has better art and there's some fun filler arcs.
Hokuto no Ken anime isn't very good compared to the manga. The great soundtrack and voice acting do make the standout episodes justice though.
Yu Yu Hakusho anime is a great adaptation.
>>
>>141045330
>Saint Seiya anime has better art
maybe original SS, but I saw some spin off manga series and the art was fantastic.
>>
>>141044145
HxH 99
>>
>>141043937
>Read YYH
The anime was great though, even had a really good dub. Although they cut out a few spirit detective cases, it's still a great adaption.
>>
File: 「TOUGH BOY」.jpg (114 KB, 673x861) Image search: [Google]
「TOUGH BOY」.jpg
114 KB, 673x861
HnK is very nice. Is slow at a few points, especially after Shin , but Rei is good and once you get to the rest of the Nanto users its great. Anime is pretty much the same, if you don't mind shoddy and dated animation at times.
>>
>>141043937
>mangas
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.