[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what made Dragon Ball so magical that it's a phenomenon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 35
File: BulmaAndKrillinBlue.png (348 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
BulmaAndKrillinBlue.png
348 KB, 640x468
what made Dragon Ball so magical that it's a phenomenon around the world?
>>
Nothing, the phenomenon was DBZ because it was COOL and people can't wait to see Goku SS100 fighting Broly SS Devil.
>>
Massive Distribution.
It's not popular because of its quality, it's popular because everyone has watched it.
>>
For a lot of kids outside the west it was the first fiction with a long running story combining action and power levels. Dunno why it became so popular in Japan at the first place though, it's not like this was even the best Jump manga at the time.
>>
>>140895849
>Power levels

But that's the worst thing about all of Dragon ball.
>>
>>140895916
Maybe from an adult perspective. But as a child I remember thinking it was a huge deal that Goku grew and developed (in terms of power levels) as the story progressed. It made me a lot more invested to the story compared to super hero comics where the heroes were already strong.
>>
File: 1333858394143.jpg (437 KB, 735x508) Image search: [Google]
1333858394143.jpg
437 KB, 735x508
>>140895916
I dunno how you don't get a boner when you hear a new highest power level.
>>
>>140895849
it became popular because it was funny and had a great simple and driving plot that as easy to follow with characters that were fun and relate able. It never took itself too seriously even when it got serious. (people actually think that all the yelling is super serious and shit) obviously its not a perfect story but the humor was always top notch.
>>
It's funny and it's filled with strange creatures.
Giant fish
talking dog kings
Dinosaurs
A tailed boy
Giant Snakes
Giant birds
demons
God cats
God aliens
>>
The Bulma fanservice likely had a lot to do with it. Nothing more exciting to kids than comics with naughty scenes.
>>
>>140895980
No. As soon as power levels as in actual numbers got introduce i began to be less and less interested in Dragon Ball.
Before that it was interesting and fun to watch, and you were actual on the edge as a kid who and how they would win.
But pretty much as soon as powerlevels were introduced everyone besides Goku got irrelevant.
>>
>>140895805
>it's popular because everyone has watched it.
>it's popular because it's popular
nice argument.
>>
>fun tournaments
the reason it's still fun to watch
>fun techniques
the reason it's still fun to watch

You like seeing Goku do things like, command the kinto-un, learn the kamehameha, be a kid and beat up his grandpa.
>>
>>140896119
I meant that it's popular because everybody COULD watch it.
>>
>>140896200
And even then, you're wrong. That's not the sole reason why Dragon Ball is popular.
>>
>>140896200
then why was it popular in Japan
>>
>>140896090
I'm not necessarily talking about the power level as the Saiyan scouter thing per se. Just the way characters train and become more powerful to beat new enemies. Just the fact that you get to follow the character's developing was new to me at the time.
>>
File: 1336938930173.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1336938930173.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>140896090
>as soon as powerlevels were introduced everyone besides Goku got irrelevant.
Seriously "irrelevant" has become just another buzzword for retards like this faggot.
>>
The fucking fights man. I remember seeing goku and piccolo fighting raditz on CN and i was immediately sold
>>
>>140896264
>power level as the Saiyan scouter thing

And that's what i refer to as power level in Dragon Ball.
Before that it was interesting because you could see how characters developed and actually had to think sometimes
After that it was pretty much just who had the higher numbers.
>>
What was the best DBZ saga and why is the Buu saga.
>>
>>140896394
because of the fun ass tournament section. Tournaments are always great

>21st with goku vs jackie chun
>22nd with goku vs tien
>23rd where goku trounces tien
love it
>>
The original "oh man it's so edgy and cool" anime. FOTNS might have done it first, but DBZ had the better distribution as mentioned in this topic, and also unlike FOTNS was easier to digest since it lacked the depth of FOTNS.
>>
>>140896394
the best sagas in order

21st Tenkaichi Budokai
Red Ribbon Army Saga
Frieza Saga
Emperor Pilaf Saga
Cell Saga
22nd Tenkaichi Budokai
Piccolo Damiao Saga
Saiyan Saga
Buu Saga
Android Saga
>>
>>140896623
>Dragonball
>Edgy
The fuck?
>>
>>140896702
forgot 23rd budokai that goes after Frieza Saga
>>
>>140896623
So Dragon Ball was edgy?
>>
>>140895726
>SS Devil
HOLY SHIT
ALL OF MY MONEY!
>>
>>140895582
A new gen of babies first fighting anime.
Toriyama got lucky his series aired during the pinnacle of anime in the west.
If Dragon Ball aired today it would be just another shonen of the lot.
>>
>>140896251
Japan has shit taste.
I thought we all knew that.
>>
>>140896723
Don't you remember? It was edgy as fuck revived that Indians father.
>>
>>140896723
>>140896760
Pretty sure we are talking about the whole franchise itself, because DB didn't go full phenomenon around the world till DBZ happened.
>>
It's a kid extraordinarily expert at martial art who has a tail and meets a hot blue haired girl who is a genius at tech stuff and together they travel in search of 7 magical dragon balls in order to see the dragon god and ask for any wish.

It's an appealing premise.

Then the tenkaichi budokai, then the Red Ribbon (Tao Pai Pai being the first enemy on the DB universe that felt like a real threat).
Then Piccolo Daimaou saga where several main characters die, Piccolo is literally the devil (as far as we know in DB), and Goku pierces through his body.
Then Piccolo's son seeks revenge and both Goku and Piccolo Jr have the most spectacular fight in the entire series, in the tenkaichi budokai 23.
Then 5 years pass and Goku has a son, and new enemies arrive from outer space, including Goku's own brother, who reveals Goku's alien identity.

And so on.

It's just a fascinating adventure. Anyone who can't enjoy it has been spoiled because it's popular and arrived too late to the party.
The thrill is actually watching Dragon ball without knowing anything about the plot. Most people that get into DBZ today are already spoiled with everything. Hell, I bet many kids on 4chan got exposed to Dragon Ball for the first time with the daily dose.
>>
>>140896911
DBZ isnt even that edgy desu
>>
>>140896911
Dragon Ball Z wasn't edgy either.
>>
>>140895582
People's first time. Dragon ball was the first manga/anime for a lot of people, like final fantasy 7 was the first rpg for a lot of people (and it's remembered as the best for them despite being the shittier of all FF)
>>
File: piccolo.png (54 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
piccolo.png
54 KB, 1130x900
>>140896000
>Demon King Piccolo stronger than Kami

How? Goku couldn't lay a finger on Kami after he killed DKP

Also, looks like Popo trained his ass off at some point
>>
>>140895726

Fuck, why couldn't we have a new desing like this instead of that shitty ass new desing for SSGSS. Fuck you Toriyama, you lazy hack.
>>
>>140896959
>>140896961
It is though for its time. Bloody characters, planet destruction, tyrants, it was among the first anime to really go for that "everything is serious business" thing while being juvenile as fuck about the whole thing unlike say...Gundam which had all the implications and themes to go along with it.
>>
>>140898054
Buu killed the whole planet in one hit and it wasn't even taken that seriously.
>>
File: Kill_You.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kill_You.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>140898054

Dragon Ball always had 'edgy' characters.
Though I wouldn't call DB or DBZ truly edgy. Goku is never edgy, and is rather clumsy all the time, although god-tier fighting strategist.
>>
>>140898154
Then showed him to destroy another series of planets to show what a monster he is. Because there's no other interesting way to show how evil someone is according to DBZ's juvenile approach to it.
>>
The Kamehameha. Don't lie. You tried it at least once as a kid.
>>
>>140895582
children love it
>>
>>140898452
So you're complaining that DBZ wasn't edgy enough?

Sorry he didn't torture people. Would that have been better for your liking?
>>
>>140898469
>tried
Bitch my Kamehameha is the real thing
>>
>>140898445
It was never played seriously during Kid Goku/DB times though.

>god-tier fighting strategist
>doesn't use Saiyan's "recovery from a hard injury makes them much stronger" to his advantage
>making his enemies move to an empty field so more lives don't get lost makes him "god tier"
>>
>>140898537
No...I am saying that it took itself way too seriously later on when it didn't have the depth nor any aspects interesting enough to be taken seriously. I get it, the show was made to cater to children, but that is exactly what it is.
>>
File: dbz9qzbxu.jpg (2 MB, 1599x1202) Image search: [Google]
dbz9qzbxu.jpg
2 MB, 1599x1202
>>140898517

Adults love it too. When I was a kid I watched DB and DBZ with my dad.
Nowadays I watch DB Super with my kid (he already watched DB and DBZ)
>>
>>140896000
>Popo could've fucking killed literally everyone in DB
>>
>>140895582
POWER LEVELS
EVOLUTIONS and this >>140895726

I never saw a broly movie as a kid, but I still couldn't wait for SS5 Goku to fight some super evil something
>>
File: GokuFindsKrillindead.png (227 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
GokuFindsKrillindead.png
227 KB, 576x432
>>140898557
>It was never played seriously during Kid Goku/DB times though.

Have you watched DB?
>>
>>140897832
You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking.
>>
>>140898778
People dying doesn't automatically equate to what I am trying to say though.
>>
>>140898557

He abused the zenkai boost over and over while training on the way to Namek.
>>
Lot of the anime tropes commonly seen nowadays weren't a commonplace when it was first being distributed outside of japan.

Toonami's first run of anime with like sailor moon, voltron, dbz, gundam, and outlaw star absolutely blew my little child mind back then and was easily my favorite time of day compared to saturday morning cartoons since I chose to just sleep in instead
>>
>>140898054
By that logic One piece is edgy as fuck.
>>
>>140898932
Sailor moon got me weird boner back when I was kid
>>
Can't you say the same thing about Pokemon?
>>
>>140898889

It's not "people dying", it's a moment in DB that gets "serious", there is no comedy. Goku is angry and has a deadly enemy that he has to fight or else everything goes to hell.

I don't think you have watched DB.
>>
>>140895582
>Cool fighting. Even as far back as the first budokai Dragon Ball was always one of the more stylish battle manga, borrowing a lot from popular shit like the karate kid.
>Solid humor that had jokes for all ages
>A distinct art style that made its instantly recognizable and easier to sell to other countries. It's not immediately recognizable as foreign or Japanese, it's got a universal appeal.
>Simple story and character motivations with little regard for continuity made it really easy for new viewers and readers to jump in at any point. You can watch any part of the series with no prior knowledge and as long as you know "this is Goku the strong guy, these are his friends helping him, this bad guy wants to destroy the world" you won't get lost.

That and it's genuinely good
>>
>>140898895
The Namek/Frieza saga was the last time Zenkai was mentioned until, of all the people, CELL benefits from it.

>>140898948
Do you even watch/read One Piece? It's way too goofy. Hell the reason why it's #1 is because it has just so much comedy and dumb goofy fun alongside the usual battle shonen shit.
>>
>>140898654
Who's his favorite character?
>>
>>140899120
Cuz the whole show had main characters dying and then brought back to life like its sequel DBZ part, right?
>>
>>140898932
Sailor Moon was an absolute guilty pleasure of mine as a kid because I thought guys weren't supposed to watch it.

Thankfully my sister liked it and bought all the vhs movies so I'd secretly watch it when no one was looking
>>
>>140898654
I know I know, It's a shonen, people still attached to it
>>
File: p.jpg (387 KB, 865x1300) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
387 KB, 865x1300
>>140895582
It was fun with small amounts of ecchi every once in a while.
>>140895916
Honestly, I think the only mistake during Namek was how strong Frieza was. After his first two transformations I think he should've acquired the Dragon Balls and retreated into a moon-sized base that was orbiting Namek. Rest of the saga should've been about recovering lost Namekian technology to infiltrate and raid that base while avoiding Frieza's robots/henchmen/drones when he realizes he doesn't know how to activate the Dragon Balls.
>>
>>140899263
>Do you even watch/read One Piece?

Do you? Every main character has a tragic backstory with lots of death, suffering etc.
Hell the latest arc Jack mutilates two other characters.

Don't go all it's muh favorite mango so it d-doesn't count
>>
>>140899404
I don't know what you're trying to imply.

Anyway you were wrong, DB does have serious parts.
>>
>>140899363

I don't know really, I think it's Goku.

>>140899491
My dad wasn't attached to it back in the day, it was new to him, he watched Astro Boy and Kimba when he was a kid.
>>
>>140898469
>blow bubbles underwater
>smash them with your hands put together into thousands of tiny bubbles before they reach the surface

Enjoy your kamehameha
>>
>>140899758
You made me realize something, if the manga started in 84 and the anime in 89 then shouldn't we be able to find old forums talking about it? The internet has been around since 1980, if people can find old discussion about The Empire Strikes Back's premiere then there's a tiny chance there's some Dragon Ball.
>>
>>140895582
Right place, Right time.
>>
File: Personagens-Dragon-Ball-Ranfan.png (356 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Personagens-Dragon-Ball-Ranfan.png
356 KB, 480x360
>>140899493
Goddamn, I really miss how Toriyama drew women.
>>
Shonen is a popular genre
The comedy is as good as/better than most Slice of Life anime, despite being a shonen
Cute characters
Good fight scenes
Interesting villains

And also the power ups. Don't lie, you tried to fly too after watching Gohan teach Goten and Videl to fly.
>>
>>140900430
>And also the power ups. Don't lie, you tried to fly too after watching Gohan teach Goten and Videl to fly.
No but I certainly tried to do Kamehamehas in the pool
>>
>>140895582
It was shown on a children's cartoon channel. That's it. You watch it when you're young and stupid, then feel nostalgic about it forever.
>>
>>140900021

What?

DB had different times for different places.

In Japan it was instantly popular in the mid 80s.
In Europe it became huge in the early 90s
In Latin America it became huge in the mid 90s
USA missed on original Dragon Ball but then DBZ became big in the early 00s.

It was different times for different places.
>>
>>140900571

Then why I don't like other stuff I used to watch back then?
>>
>>140899700
Overall tone vs individual moments. Even something as ridiculous as TTGL has moments that are serious, too. But the whole tone doesn't go into serious business mode.

>>140899578
It's far from my favorite. But I won't deny that the overall tone of the series itself is one that's goofy in nature with, as I said to the other, moments of serious/tragic stuff. Not to mention One Piece is far better than DBZ at doing this because the worldbuilding itself is so interesting.
>>
>>140900860
I'd argue it's about equal.
With Dragonball the tone kind of gradually changed from entirely comedy based, to action-comedy, to mostly action, back to action-comedy. A linear progression.

One piece on the other hand is more like a tension springboard. From the beginning there's incredibly tense or serious moments that are peppered into the adventurous and silly story. And while the sad moments get really sad, they always bounce back to their default and keep the lighthearted spirit. It's not a gradual tone shift as much as it's constantly balancing the two.
>>
>>140900860

I still don't think you have actually watched DB.
>>
>>140900571
Outlaw Star aired was on Toonami along with DBZ, why isn't Outlaw Star popular?
>>
>watching Dragon Ball Super clips
>New saiyan
>New Frieza character I guess?
>Bulma has a sister
>Super Saiyan Blue
>More gods

I mean, it's better than GT, but it all plays like someone's fanfic come to life. Only thing missing is some new Namek character or some shit. Toriyama is just going balls-out with this shit.

I like the purple cat guy though.
>>
>>140901258
It is, or was.

It's just significantly shorter since its only a seasons length
>>
File: Dark_SSJ_Goku_by_JohnSeppala[1].png (183 KB, 957x728) Image search: [Google]
Dark_SSJ_Goku_by_JohnSeppala[1].png
183 KB, 957x728
>>140901418
The Dark Super Saiyan was first used by Broly. This technique takes you to a new crazy level of a Super Saiyan! A Dark Super Saiyan has powers way past regular Super Saiyan, but unlike the regular there are some side effects. To begin to achieve this mode your heart must be black, soulless, unforgiving, and ruthless. The only thing you would ever want to achieve this form is death and destruction! This attack also may alter your personality for good! Dark Super Saiyan is one of the most strongest Super Saiyan forms ever!
>>
>>140901043
Again, if you're talking just DB pre DBZ stuff yeah I agree. I was talking strictly DBZ.

>>140901095
Sure keep telling yourself that
>>
>>140901258
too much technobabble.
>>
>>140901526
Stop giving them ideas for a shitty movie.
>>
>>140901526
DSS 2 is when you start eating little children and kick dogs on the walkways then i suppose?
>>
File: Ultimate_Super_Saiyan[1].jpg (80 KB, 400x544) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Super_Saiyan[1].jpg
80 KB, 400x544
>>140901580

Ultimate Super Saiyan is the highest form of Super Saiyan. It's power is so unbelievable even when restrained could tear apart a whole planet. Goku is the only one to achieve this form.
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 1000x1000
>>140901418
At least GT's art doesn't make me want to kill myself.
>>
>>140901692
The art is fine. Toei just has no budget and pays their animators in beans and pats on the back, which means they have low energy, since pats on the back don't have good market value and beans aren't suitable nutrition in the long term.

To be fair, I enjoy Super for the most part, once you get past its ridiculousness. GT is irredeemable.
>>
>>140901679
And Piccolo starts being able to absorb enemies weaker than him after witnessing Goku going full Ultimate Super Saiyan. Because reasons!
>>
File: Dende2[1].jpg (81 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Dende2[1].jpg
81 KB, 320x240
>>140901875
Sun Namekians are the transformation of Namekians when they get hit by Sun rays every month. All Namekians use this.
>>
>>140895582
The fites nikka

big burly men fighting each other

GOOD vs EVIL

it's why WWE is popular worldwide
>>
>>140895582

It was a simple yet entertaining pass time while watching simple characters do what they do best that was quite interesting and new for its time.

The Action presented in the series was fun and it knew when to take things seriously. Even DB did with that evil as fuck Tao.
>>
>>140901561
I was talking about dragonball. as in "Hunt for the Dragonballs" to "Buu saga"
>>
>>140895582
Doesn't only the west associate DB with powerups and people blowing planets up and shit. I think it's more reknown as like an adventure series in japan kind of like one piece almost.
>>
File: latest[1].png (96 KB, 1008x669) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
96 KB, 1008x669
>>140898677
Thats right, maggot
>>
>>140902391
Don't see how it goes back to action comedy later on then.
>>
DB was fun because it was a comedy adventure. The fights were good and it had interesting characters.
Then DBZ came out and it literally took it to a whole new level with the action and the stupidly strong villains. People liked that and that's why it became so big.

Every other shonen is just copying off Dragon Ball.
>>
>>140895582
>uncensored nipples
Those were good times.
>>
You can't just name one simple reason. There's several for each part of the world.
It had a satisfying plot for the time, pretty darn good animation even for today standards, simple and understandable characters, enjoyable action scenes (talking about the environment and the situations, the music and especially the long talks that explained why the villains and the protagonist collided, like saiyan's pride when fighting frieza, or justice, saving the humankind and universe when Gohan defeated Cell) and one of the best animated character designs ever. Also, publicity and commercialization did their best with a huge amount of toys, videogame, some collectibles and even clothes, besides unnofficial merchandise.
It would be surprising if it wasn't. It might not be the best anime ever, but HELL they made it fucking good, and most importantly, long lasting.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
>>140902615
>yfw Super Buu kills Popo in TFS and everyone realizes he's even stronger than the meme character
>>
>>140895582
universal sense of friendship and adventure coupled with humor. even subhuman niggers will find this appealing.
>>
File: r149.jpg (208 KB, 869x1301) Image search: [Google]
r149.jpg
208 KB, 869x1301
>>140902625
Have you read the buu saga?
>>
File: 00043.jpg (764 KB, 1150x1725) Image search: [Google]
00043.jpg
764 KB, 1150x1725
>>140903181
I mean REALLY read it.
It's a laugh riot.
>>
File: 00095.jpg (721 KB, 1150x1725) Image search: [Google]
00095.jpg
721 KB, 1150x1725
>>140903245
I mean it still has serious moments, but it's offset by twice as much comedy and all of the main characters basically taking everyone dying in stride. Like it's just another day for them at this point.
>>
>>140895582
Dinosaurs, animal people, monsters, robots, cyborgs, capsules that can hold anything. It was crazy, but felt so natural.
>>
>>140906146
And the artstyle's super simple, without looking bland
>>
>Only 2 hours and 40 minutes
So there won't be any DBS thread and this will be the thread instead?
>>
>>140899404
It was a bit different in the King Piccolo arc. Supposedly, those killed by King Piccolo's clan could never truly die. Instead their souls would suffer in torment for eternity.
>>
File: 1435779801992.jpg (50 KB, 960x728) Image search: [Google]
1435779801992.jpg
50 KB, 960x728
>>140907012
We might as well use this one
>>
File: Bulmabath.jpg (25 KB, 403x799) Image search: [Google]
Bulmabath.jpg
25 KB, 403x799
>>
File: Bulmaexcited.jpg (48 KB, 1018x575) Image search: [Google]
Bulmaexcited.jpg
48 KB, 1018x575
>>
>>140903181
>>140903245
>>140903319
Yeah, great. Funny moments in between genocide, planet destruction, and the fighting more physical equivalent of Sasuke's mentality bad writing (stuff that makes the series last much longer than it should.)

Granted. I will give it to you though that a lot of the problems I am talking about were more prevalent in the anime and the manga's much better off.
>>
File: 1435194463214.jpg (122 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1435194463214.jpg
122 KB, 1280x960
>>140900051
>>
>>140907727
Yeah, I'm not gonna blame the tone of the series on Toei. I'm mostly referring to the source material. Even with all the people dying, Everyone treats all the death and destruction as more of an inconvenience than anything. It's still terrifying but the entire time they're just like "Man, gotta put Buu down so we can grab those dragonballs and unwish all of this".
Because who cares anymore?
>>
>>140896702
Replace Pilaf and Frieza and you are right
>>
File: tumblr_mvx2tbTgrM1so0tx4o1_1280.png (898 KB, 589x763) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvx2tbTgrM1so0tx4o1_1280.png
898 KB, 589x763
>>140898654
>>
>>140908288
where did you get this other than Tumblr.
>>
File: Ran_Fan.gif (125 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Ran_Fan.gif
125 KB, 500x376
>>
File: tumblr_mvx2tbTgrM1so0tx4o2_1280.png (903 KB, 580x762) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvx2tbTgrM1so0tx4o2_1280.png
903 KB, 580x762
>>140908335
from there
>>
>>140908386
maor 80's style
>>
>>140901875
>And Piccolo starts being able to absorb enemies weaker than him
That would probably work, if there are more namekian warriors, they can fuse themselves, until the last namekian warrior ends there, then Piccolo fuse with him.
>>
>>140901692
Something being less mediocre than something else in a single area doesn't make it better.
GT's animation was also fairly bad.
>>
Links for the episode stream? Vaughn servers are at their limits apparently.
>>
>>140910241
isn't that tomorrow?
>>
>>140910241
What is the Vaughn link anyway?
I keep on forgetting to save it.
>>
>>140910429

No it's in 1 hour 13 minutes.

>>140910491

http://vaughnlive.tv/wgg002
>>
>>140910531
Thanks.
>>
>>140910531
Just keep on refreshing and eventually you'll get in.
>>
>tfw had a week off work
>spent it re-watching Dragonball
>watched almost 60 episodes in 4 days
>bought Xenoverse on Steam because it was on sale and wanted to do something other than watching Dragonball
I need help.
>>
>>140911131
Just play Xenoverse.
The RNG will keep you busy enough.
>>
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/04/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-in-works-goku-voice-actor-talks-games-super/
>>
>>140895582
Popular in Japan because it's full of adventure and fun characters. It's the same reason one piece is so popular.

Popular in America and Mexico because of power levels and transformations.
>>
>>140903319
>elder kai liking them mature

Fucking based.
>>
Lord of Everything, what will he say about what is going on?
>>
File: tumblr_nzic2xVeT01ua2wbgo9_250.gif (582 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzic2xVeT01ua2wbgo9_250.gif
582 KB, 250x250
>>140911968
>9
I think the only way to compromise is both of them, don't you think?
>>
File: OTP.jpg (46 KB, 599x335) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
46 KB, 599x335
Reminder that Piccolo went from calculating strategist to replacing Goku in father/husband duties. With the amount of time Piccolo spends with Goku's family, Chichi is going to start laying eggs.
>>
>>140912238
>you cats broke the rules
>now I'll break your necks
>>
>>140895582
Mexicans and Niggers ruined DBZ in the states
>>
>>140912238
>I just wanna to reveal that I am gay, thanks for listening.

?
>>
>watching kiddy shit
>>
>>140912485
>practically raised Gohan and became his father figure
>doing husband work with Chi chi
>being a grandpa to Pan when Satan isn't there
Piccolo is best father
>>
>>140912485
Do you think Chi-chi, cold, alone, and just a bit drunk has ever come onto Big green only to be dissapointed by the lack of a penis?
>>
File: 83820018342.gif (4 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
83820018342.gif
4 MB, 400x225
>>140912574
Nicely said, moefag. Let's go watch magical girl anime and laugh at dbzfags for being kiddies.
>>
>>140912845
>p
>r
>o
>j
>e
>c
>t
>i
>n
>g
>>
How long till super?
>>
File: ThatsMyPenis.png (169 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ThatsMyPenis.png
169 KB, 500x281
>>140912764
Knowing Toriyama he might forget Piccolo is asexual. Or maybe his penis is actually his antennas.
>>
>>140912966

15 min
>>
>>140913006
>Goku will never grab your dick mistaking it for your hand
>>
File: chasingwhis.gif (901 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
chasingwhis.gif
901 KB, 400x225
>>140912485
It would be a win win situation. Piccolo finally gets his own little family and Goku gets to be with his new lover interest Whis.
>>
>>140913101
Funny thing is, that seems like something Goku totally would've messed up as a kid too.
>>
The comment section doesn't load on Vaughn?
>>
Dragon Ball was fun adventure. Everyone loves fun adventures!

DBZ and subsequent series are poop.
>>
File: wait.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
wait.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
2 minutes left.
>>
>>140911916
>>140911916
>>140911916

Here people
>>
>>140896702
>People still pretend to like the Red Ribbon saga
>>
>>140914335
>Saga where Goku killed the most people
Fucking savage
>>
File: db57-2.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
db57-2.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>140914335
>not liking the Red Ribbon saga
>>
File: 1346024087861.jpg (71 KB, 500x967) Image search: [Google]
1346024087861.jpg
71 KB, 500x967
>>140907584
>>
>>140896074
Why is her fanservice very tame compared to the fanservice we have now?
>>
>>140899493
Those are some nicely drawn tits.
>>
>>140899493
>Honestly, I think the only mistake during Namek was how strong Frieza was. After his first two transformations I think he should've acquired the Dragon Balls and retreated into a moon-sized base that was orbiting Namek. Rest of the saga should've been about recovering lost Namekian technology to infiltrate and raid that base while avoiding Frieza's robots/henchmen/drones when he realizes he doesn't know how to activate the Dragon Balls.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>140912485
piccolo was never a strategist
i don't know where you guys get this from
what was his strategy beyond "hold him, and i'll shoot him"
>>
>>140918076
Most of the "he's a combat genius" shit was implied rather than shown. When your entire premise after Raditz is "who can hit harder" it loses its meaning
>>
>>140900571
This is Disney's business model, put out a new movie, stop its distribution for 20 years, put out "diamond editions" and print a lot of shit for young adults.

This is because a kid will have purchase power in 20 years, and it will have children whom they will force to watch their shitty shows because nostalgia is op
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.