[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
berserk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: 0111-022.jpg (596 KB, 1083x1600) Image search: [Google]
0111-022.jpg
596 KB, 1083x1600
anyone else want autismotron to die so guts just fucking loses it and the manga becomes black swordsman arc/lost children arc again?
>>
>>140781180
>autismotron
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Screenshot_7.jpg (184 KB, 987x628) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.jpg
184 KB, 987x628
>>
>>140781265
casca
>>
>>140781265
He's a filthy fucking newfag crossboarder.
>>
>>140781180

No I want her to become sane, fight Griffith with him, and die at just the right moment during the final battle so he can get pure rage, kill Femto with Skeletor's help, fall into despair with no purpose, and activate the Behelit to be the new fifth Godhand.
>>
>>140781343
Indeed, I don't usually come on /a/ because I dislike hanging out with weeaboo degenerates.
Not because I feel like I'm better than them, but because it's like looking in a mirror, and I hate my reflection famalamadingdong
>>
Well, Gut's new companions does make the story feel a little cheery, along with the whole fantasy thing. I read somewhere that there's a prediction that even though Skeletor promised Casca could be saved at the beach, the elf king wont be able to help her and Guts will just end up killing her himself and going on a even more rage induced path.
>>
>>140781407
>fight Griffith with him
she was trash back then, she wouldn't even be fodder against what Guts is facing right now
>>
File: 1415464003293.png (994 KB, 1000x1016) Image search: [Google]
1415464003293.png
994 KB, 1000x1016
>>140781180
>>
>>140781674
Agreed. She would just get in his way and die. She was a nuisance to Guts during the 100 man fight and almost got raped by 3 genetically mutated degenerates in armor.
>>
>>140781180
No & you fags are why Berserk has such an awful reputation. Anyone who wants Guts to devolve into a psycho killer, effectively undoing any developement he's had so far and regeress back to The Black Swordsman is a tard and should off themselves. Why does Berserk get so many terrible fans? I know it probably gets your probably gets your pussy wet how manly and self sufficient Guts can be by himself, but he's not the fucking Punisher. And most importantly Guts is not a shit character. If you think he should go back to the black swordsman, the the Golden Age arc went straight over your head and him putting that concept down when he goes back to Godo to care for Caska also went straight over your head.
>>
>>140781901
This. Him going to go back for Casca shows his feelings for her and the Band of the Hawk and these same feelings make him accepting of his new group. I'm glad he's developed more rather than some psycho. Plus, it's not like he turned into a total bitch.
>>
>>140782096
Word, don't get me wrong. I heavily enjoyed Guts during both The Black Swordsman & Lost Children arc, and he was great as that type of character but if he stayed like that for the duration of the manga than he'd be a shit character no better than The Punisher. The entire reason why Guts is such a great character isn't cause he goes around killing apostles with his BFS, no it's moments like when he forsakes his revenge against Griffith to care for Caska, him struggling to control his inner beast, and being a mentor to Isdiro and a positive force for Farnese. If people really think Guts is best as this brooding loner with a slasher smile, who don't need no companions. Than the Golden Age literally went over your heads. The entire point of the fucking flashback was to get him to be and around and trust people.
>>
>>140781901
While I agree with most of your points, does Berserk really have an awful reputation? I've heard nothing but praise fr it
>>
>>140782657
not really awful, I exaggerated. It actually has a good reputation, but people who like Berserk solely cause of the edgy shit or want Guts to devolve back to TBS make it seem like a juvenile manga.
>>
>>140782317
While the story clearly seems to be going in the direction of a Guts who trusts more people, a more calm Guts, it doesn't mean that the story is better or more enjoyable with Guts this way.

Plus, Guts seeing a chance of having friends and happyness denied to him again may make him become bitter than before, wich also is some kind of character development.

Personally I think I wouldn't mind so much Guts having a party and friends, but I don't think the current party is good, it seems too silly.
>>
File: stop.png (77 KB, 320x341) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
77 KB, 320x341
>>140781901
>he's not the fucking Punisher
No, but he use to be, and that was the best thing about him. His relentless fury that could burn 10 suns. His true character. Like, why call this series Berserk if there's no one going berserk in it? Thats like writing Hellboy without hellboy. It doesn't work and it just gets dull and boring to the point you're just getting mad at how everytime you think your boy is finally gonna rip his chains This Poison ivy green hair ass bitch just puts more chains on him and its frustrating.

I cant wait for the day i can finally play this song to Berserk again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi34XJx35ZE
>>
File: berserk_v12a_034.jpg (358 KB, 818x1280) Image search: [Google]
berserk_v12a_034.jpg
358 KB, 818x1280
>>140782976
Serpico & Farnese are awesome companions. I guess I kind of get why people are apprehensive of Guts getting companions, maybe they think it becomes too shouneny but I don't mind it honestly.

But Guts having companions and changing people for the better (Farnese, Jill) is narratively interesting imo and sets him up as the antithesis to Griffith. He has like a horrid reputation among people who don't know him or heard of him, but he's like Tenma to Griffith's Johan sort of.

Having another eclipse with his new band of companions would be super redundant and pointless imo.

>>140783764
His "true" character is embodied in this page, it's the ultimate conclusion of the Golden Age arc. And he still can show tons of anger and rampage when fighting apostles, plus there's the berserker armor so there's that. Guts being calmer doesn't mean he's softer now, he just isn't one track minded in his goal for revenge. He's going to get it no doubt, but it's not the only thing or even more important thing in his mind atm.
>>
>>140784331
I don't mind much Serpico and Farnese....well, a litle Farnese, but I guess Serpico only makes sense with her.
The problem isn't with any character in specifict, but that almost all the party is or a child or a woman that can't properly fight (for berserk standarts, that is).

I dont't think another Eclipse would be the best way to get rid of the party, but, I don't know, they could just die in one battle or another that involved Guts. Than he could think that they died because he involved them, knowing what he was dealing with, and that he couldn't get involved with more people or get attached to them because of the risks, etc.

There are problably better ways, but you don't need another eclipse to make Guts bitter with the loss of the current party.

You could even have the Godhands killing his party on purpose. Maybe so Slan scheme because seeing Guts in complete rage and suffering turns her on....

I don't know, I haven't give it much though.

I suppouse it's a matter of taste, but I can't say that I like the current party as much as I enjoyed The Black Swordsman arc.

I like how Thorfinn in vinland saga was mad and became a pacifist, and how myiamoto in Vagabond was furious and became calm. But berserk for me was much better before the current party.
>>
>>140782725
Most of the hate I've seen are from people who got this impression about Berserk from shitty fans like that who think the rape and gore is the best part of the manga.
The kind of shit stains who thought the eclipse was awesome and "metal as fuck", or think Wyald is the coolest character. Fuck those so called "fans".
>>
>>140781901
This desu
>>
>>140785631
The only one I could see dying from Guts' new group atm is Serpico desu. No way Farnese or the kids are dying.
>>
File: 0142-022.jpg (380 KB, 1088x1600) Image search: [Google]
0142-022.jpg
380 KB, 1088x1600
>>140781180
it's not gonna be that easy
she'll turn on him, you know it's gonna happen
>>
Anyone else miss when Puck was an actual character not just this onion caricature who cracks jokes all the time?
>>
THIS IS STUPID

GRIFFITH IS LITERALLY A GOD NOW

THERE'S NO WAY FOR GUTS AND HIS GANG TO BEAT HIM
>>
File: 1450740115383.jpg (144 KB, 490x415) Image search: [Google]
1450740115383.jpg
144 KB, 490x415
>>140791088
Gattsu is obviously gonna use some kind of bullshit magic, and its fucking magic so Miura ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
File: 1413263005970[1].jpg (92 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
1413263005970[1].jpg
92 KB, 373x373
>tfw you first read berserk almost 20 years ago and the brand-newest-of-newfaggots call you a shitty fan
>>
>>140790975
They're on an island that took years in real-time to reach. If Casca completely rejects Guts and he goes full beast mode then that completely negates nearly fifteen years of traveling and development for both him and his comrades. This isn't to say that she'll have a huggy and tearful reunion as soon as she wakes up, but it's more likely that she'll need to find herself first before properly speaking to him.

Fucking /v/ crossboarders have no idea how this series works.
>>
>>140791375
>he thinks she's going to wake up

no, it's obvious you have no idea how this series works you dumb fuck
>>
>>140791088
Guts needs to become a god then
>>
File: tfw no qt warrior gf.jpg (291 KB, 1088x1600) Image search: [Google]
tfw no qt warrior gf.jpg
291 KB, 1088x1600
>>140791375
you could think of it as completely negating years of development
or maybe everything was developed only to be discarded by someone along with their humanity

is guts le fish who breaks le water's surface??? MUH CAUSALITY
>>
>>140781180
Why did he keep entrails in his fucking mouth?
>>
>>140791767

he was hungry after that strenuous workout
>>
It's Band of the FALCON
>>
>>140781180
>shitting on 20 years of character development because it's not "muh guts"

I bet you like capeshit.
>>
>>140791858
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""development"""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>140791874
yes, development. >>>/co/
>>
>>140781901
Fucking this. People want Guts to suffer more are the worst.
>>
>>140791436
>doesn't bother making a valid argument, resorts to calling others dumb fucks

>>140791728
>le reddit meme

It's worse than I thought.
>>
>>140791375
It's usually the younger/newer readers that want an edgy outcome. Casca literally gets fucked retarded by her idol while her lover is forced to watch, and after becoming a vegetable comes to despise said lover. I don't remember how long it's been in the actual series, but irl its been years watching her be a bipolar walking vegetable. The last thing Berserk needs is more suffering from Guts and Casca.
>>
>>140791946

if you weren't a newfag that recently hopped aboard the berserk train because "it's just like muh dark souls" you'd know there is no way the solution is going to be on the island and they're gonna be sent somewhere else and she won't be waking up for some time, so yes you're a dumb fuck
>>
>>140792104
It's been about two and a half years since the Eclipse for Guts and Casca, and almost twenty years for the rest of us. Guts himself is supposed to be only 21 or 22 just now, but you could never tell if you looked at him. They've finally reached one of the safest places in the world, so I think we all need some actual plot progression at this stage.

>>140792112
Cynical and offended.
>>
File: 1402364776493.png (26 KB, 229x330) Image search: [Google]
1402364776493.png
26 KB, 229x330
>>140792245
>tfw you're now older than guts
>>
File: 0bN5fKv.jpg (370 KB, 873x796) Image search: [Google]
0bN5fKv.jpg
370 KB, 873x796
>>140792352
Jesus, I thought Guts was in his late twenties/early thirties, I mean just look at the guy. Now I find out that I'm older than him. Makes it even worse considering how much he's been through for his age.
>>
>>140781180
I really wish the loli witch would die. She's a boring character and I've long since gotten sick of the whole 'Guts goes Berserkā„¢ but loli witch gets naked and stops him from losing himself completely' scenario.
>>
boomp
>>
>>140781901
This.
>>
>>140784331
>And he still can show tons of rage

Yeah, but with schrechei butting in the rage is just piss poor. Idc about his goal or his party. I just want the the guys who use to carve up demons with a smirk on his face. That guy, the one who just doesn't give a shit.

Guts was once the Punisher
Then out of sincerer spite he turned into Batman.
And here's why this sucks. You can't turn back from Batman...
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.