[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is Neo Tokyo going to happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: neo_tokyo__by_sathoryn-d7zseuh.jpg (116 KB, 1024x503) Image search: [Google]
neo_tokyo__by_sathoryn-d7zseuh.jpg
116 KB, 1024x503
I'm not really up to date with anime and all that, but I really want to live in a place like this. Negative interest rates should make it possible, yes? If not, the Chinese government should have plenty of money to spare.
>>
Guys???
>>
>>140146676
nope, sorry, there is no future for mankind
>>
>>140146946
Is VR our last hope?
>>
>>140146676
>I'm not really up to date with anime and all that, but I really want to live in a place like this
Sorry, but all of that crashed and burned when the Japanese bubble burst and they entered The Lost Decade. And it looks like China is the next one to crash. Hope the world can survive it.
>>
>>140146676
>Starcraft 7
kek

It'll be SC3: Terrans Episode 1 at best.
>>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435296/ONE-MILE-high-skyscraper-built-futuristic-Japanese-mega-city-twice-height-Dubai-s-Burj-Khalifa.html
>>
>>140147753
>>
>>140147090
you won't understand how little time is left
>>
>>140147090

It's more like VR is the drug that puts you in a state of such intense euphoria that your nervous system burns out because that's preferable to letting the killteam get you alive.
>>
>>140146676
There really isn't a logical reason to cluster that many buildings together, while cities are built because having a large number of services in one place is convenient, there's a point at which things become too inconvenient to justify such buildings outside of typical human hubris. Recall, that in many sci-fi settings, such buildings are only made because of ecological or geopoltical pressures demanding so (Read the lore behind the Seattle Metroplex in Shadowrun for an example on this). None of which are stressing enough as of right now.

TL;DR, reality is shit, lacks cool as fuck megacities.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.