[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every female manga and anime character look like utter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: kushana.jpg (257 KB, 736x1022) Image search: [Google]
kushana.jpg
257 KB, 736x1022
Why does every female manga and anime character look like utter shit compared to this woman?

Also why does Princess Mononoke get so much praise when it's just a third rate Nausicaa retelling.
>>
>>139621602
Just looks like a man. Great armor design but she doesn't look that amazing.
>>
Miyazaki is an overrated hack in general, who recycles the same themes and character designs every movie.
>>
>>139621740
I dont mean looks wise, I meant actually as a character. Every "strong empowered female character" is just a dude with tits or is just plain boring. She has her own interesting backstory, and goes through severe character development throughout the manga,
>>
>>139621798
He's a better mangaka than a director.

Whenever I see that "anime was a mistake" image, I can't help but read it as a reflection on his own career.
>>
>>139622089
Although this might be a controversial opinion, I wholeheartedly agree honestly. But that's only cause his nausicaa manga is by and large his greatest achievement, if you like took the content and depth of all his movies combined than maybe they may equal his nausicaa manga.
>>
>>139621908
>is just a dude with tits
Maybe I'm just autistic, but I will never understand this complaint. Who fucking cares if she "acts like a guy" or whatever, how does that make someone a worse character?
>>
>>139621602
>Also why does Princess Mononoke get so much praise when it's just a third rate Nausicaa retelling.
Fuck you, you can enjoy both of the separately. Why do you faggots always think you must hate one thing in order to validate your fondness of something else? You should kill yourself.

As a movie, Princess Monoke is more complete since he wasn't even done with the manga when he released the movie for Nausicaa. Fuck yourself.
>>
>>139622200
http://starsbeetlesandfools.blogspot.com/2013/08/writing-strong-women-part-i-how-it-all.html

read this it's a good read, but if it's tl;dr. Than it's a problem because most male authors don't know how to get into the heads or develop the proper psychology of a female character. They just give them swords, send em out to war, or make em soldiers, or tomboys with guns and expect us to care about them because of their status. Kushana is not like that at all, although she may look it, she actually has the psychology of a female character and how she'd be treated because of that and is not taken seriously by her father. It defines her character and shows how she grows because of that
>>
>>139622338
>blogspot article on writing strong women
Well, there's my answer. Who cares? Cancer cares.
>>
>>139622225
The nausicaa movie is pretty mediocre, not gonna deny that the mononoke movie is better than it, much better actually. But yeah, Princess mononoke is really just a rehash of the manga which is more comprehensive than both movies combined.
>>
>>139622412
cool refutation bro
>>
>>139621602
>>139335400
It's the same tumblr shitter who keeps making these threads, isn't it? Fuck off.
>>
>>139622437
The Muromachi era setting was pretty cool though.
>>
>>139622566
dunno what ur talkin about, but stay mad. You're the reason anime is considered a neckbeard and garbage medium.
>>
>>139621602
Mononoke is a more mature film than Nausicaa, Miyazaki's experience really shows
>>
>>139622689
I agree, the nausicaa movie is mediocre and overrated. But the manga is trumps any miyazaki movie. My favorite miyazaki film is actually that lupin film.
>>
>>139622620
No, that's because normalfags like you get offended at the drop of a hat and stigmatize everything that doesn't satisfy your ridiculous moral bylaws.
>>
>>139622794
lmao, ur the one who got triggered by a thread discussing "strong womyn characterz" buddy. And yeah I'd say this board and the rampant pedophilic nature of it is why anime is considered a neckbeard medium.
>>
>>139622856
Tumblr pls go
>>
>>139622338
>They just give them swords, send em out to war, or make em soldiers, or tomboys with guns

So it's bad to write them as regular human beings? What?
>>
>>139622856
>lmao
>womyn

nigger
>>
>>139622856
>lmao, ur
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>139623060
no it's bad to just give em shit stereotypically associated with males and expect that to be it, cause that's all writers do 90 percent of the time. They don't actually really get into the psychological aspects of what it takes to be a female soldier, they just think. Oh girl with guns, guys'll love this. Also it's implying that a girl who's more masculine is a "better" character than one that's considered "feminine".
>>
>>139623060
Generally the impression I get is that you simply cannot win with people that make these kind of arguments. You can't address their femininity because that's sexist and you can't incorporate any behavior they may construe as masculine because that is also sexist.
>>
>>139623014
>>139623086
>>139623095
I rest my case
>>
>>139622856
>lmao, ur the one who got triggered by a thread discussing "strong womyn characterz" buddy.

Your OP was literally you being triggered by "strong womyn" archetype and shitting on all of them to make a failed point about 1 of them.

>>139623228
>no it's bad to just give em shit stereotypically associated with males and expect that to be it
Except that's not bad at all. That's treating them like a character with their own likes and wants and not as an ideologue to further some agenda. Ironic that men can like anything they want but you think a women needs to be represented in a different way about it. What a sexist pig you turned out to be.
>>
>>139623262
what a terrible strawman, what the hell. If anything shying away from their femininity is considered a bad thing, no one's saying a girl can't be stereotypicall feminine or stereotypically masculine. It's just that when you make a female character solely that (especially when it's the damn protaganist) and expect that to pass for character developement than you're a fool.

Nausicaa and kushana embody both the feminine female character and tomboyish more masculine one, and they both play that really well. Cause they aren't defined solely by that.
>>
What a cancerous thread. sage
>>
>>139623394
>Your OP was literally you being triggered by "strong womyn" archetype and shitting on all of them to make a failed point about 1 of them.

except I didnt do that at all, the character I posted in the op is a strong womyn archetype you utter tard.

>Except that's not bad at all. That's treating them like a character with their own likes and wants and not as an ideologue to further some agenda. Ironic that men can like anything they want but you think a women needs to be represented in a different way about it. What a sexist pig you turned out to be.

Actually I'd say making a male character like dolls and dresses but failing to actually get into the psychology of what it is to be a feminine guy makes a shit character period. And again, Kushana is about as STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN as they come, but she isn't solely defined by that. She's shown what it's like to be not taken seriously by her father and brothers cause she's a female, and how it affects her.
>>
>>139623486
I wasn't talking about your argument specifically, but a mishmash of arguments that feminists like to spout. And, yes, making a character too feminine in appearance is one of them.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.