[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No Ace Attorney thread What did you guys think of the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: 3031863-hrlsdcx[1].jpg (153 KB, 1064x732) Image search: [Google]
3031863-hrlsdcx[1].jpg
153 KB, 1064x732
>No Ace Attorney thread
What did you guys think of the first episode?
>>
File: pbwuI_mIJxA.jpg (8 KB, 189x186) Image search: [Google]
pbwuI_mIJxA.jpg
8 KB, 189x186
>>139591762
>No Ace Attorney thread
thank god there isn't. Just the reversed defence/prosecutor sides made me drop it right off the bat.
>>
I've seen some of the archived threads and it looks like there was a lot of hate for it. I didn't think it was that bad. I felt that it was very authentic to the games but the animation quality was very cheap. Actually I have a hard time understanding why it was such a budget production for a beloved and fairly successful franchise. I'm getting flashbacks to Deen's adaption of umineko with the original music and stuff and barely playing any of the classic umineko songs. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as people are making out.
>>
>>139591942
To be fair it's the first episode, these usually generate a lot of hype or a lot of hate. Considering this one generated some hate, it can only get better.

And while it may make sense for a vidya perspective, from an animated story perspective I don't like that we literally start the episode knowing who the culprit is
>>
>>139591762

You can check the archive. For me it felt 90's QUALITY fun
>>
>>139591762
The nip names bothered me more than I thought they would
>>
the OP is really fucking bad

with all the great music to choose from what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>139592048
A "Cornered" remix with lyrics sounds like it'd be the obvious choice, considering how iconic that theme is for the franchise. It's also pretty hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZPzu67GLc
>>
The OP was very lacklustered in this, for some reason
>>
>>139592036
So I wasn't the only one who cringed every time I heard NARUHODO-KUN and YAHARI?
>>
File: Columbo_resize_2.jpg (17 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
Columbo_resize_2.jpg
17 KB, 298x292
>>139591989
>I don't like that we literally start the episode knowing who the culprit is

>he doesn't watch Columbo
>>
It was shit. The cgi courtroom and jury looked horrible, the style is too focused on the style of the game to have any artistic freedom and it's just a rehash of the events of the game - you may as well watch a LP of the games.
>>
>>139592263
>the style is too focused on the style of the game to have any artistic freedom and it's just a rehash of the events of the game

and if they didnt do that people would be at their throats for disregarding the game. You really can't win with adaptions like this.
>>
>>139592223
Phoenix Wright is objectively a better name, and so are many of the translated names.
Can't say much for Larry Butz though.
>>
File: Moe.gif (122 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Moe.gif
122 KB, 256x192
>Circus confirmed

Are you ready for me anon? I hope it goes berry well. I'm not clowning around of course because I'm always wright.
>>
To be fair this case was lame in the game too.
>>
>>139592313
I'll drop the show there, Iike I did with the game
>>
>>139592333
It does not change the fact that show is full of quality and A-1 was a mistake.
>>
>>139592341
>Not finishing it for the best case of the series.

You just have to use a walkthrough for that.
>>
>>139591762
Very bland, very flat, very forced. No imagination at all in the development. Already dropped.
>>
>>139592341
>Dropping game on more than halfway through
>Dropping Ace Attorney
Why people do that?
>>
>>139592333
To be fair the games are lame too.
>>
>>139591762
It tickle my nostalgic boner and that is enough to make me not drop it. Just wanting to see all those wacky characters animated and voiced.
>>
Mayoi won't cuck Naruhodo, right? She has Kayo's VA.
>>
>>139592522
>dropping anime in 2016

It's like you don't even care about having seen more anime than everybody else on the internet!
>>
Currently it sucks.Alot.Let's hope for the future
>>
>Yuuki Kaji Phoenix.
FUCK

Actually not that bad, but sounds a bit too young for Phoenix.
>>
File: newchap.gif (64 KB, 644x602) Image search: [Google]
newchap.gif
64 KB, 644x602
I always thought that is kinda fucked up how in japan your boss can lower you pay at will, as gumshoe implies in various ocassions.

I hope that is not true.
>>
>Motherfucking Yuki Kaji when the former VA was god tier and didn't sound like a child
>QUALITY in the goddamn opening
>QUALITY running animation in the goddamn opening TWICE
>CGI everywhere for no reason
>Phoenix with a backpack like the toddler his VA makes out of him
>Phoenix has lazy eye
>The only well animated character is Mia; and she dies in the next episode

There are so many retarded decisions that I wonder how Seiji Kishi isn't the director
>>
File: AA.png (133 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
AA.png
133 KB, 540x304
>fujopandering OP
>Making Phoenix look more fuckable

I hate this adaptation
>>
File: Magic Bike Ride.webm (292 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Magic Bike Ride.webm
292 KB, 800x450
>>139591762
One of the finest pieces of animation I have seen in decades. I too want to live in a world where you don't have to pedal to move your bike.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 256x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 256x576
>>139592600
I won't be surprise if in the new game she has a love interest that wasn't Phoenix. They tease the ship via Pearl but there aren't romantic interaction between them at all. Franziska seem to have more sexual tension with him.
>>
Cheap as hell, rushed plot, lame OST, Yuuki Kaji is a terrible Phoenix, ED is nice but OP looks and sounds like a kid's anime from the early 00s. I will continue to watch it out of obligation until those issues become too much for me.
>>
It was pretty bad. I had to force myself to sit through the whole thing
>>
>>139592801
Smooth.
>>
shaft would have been so perfect for this, just imagine all the camera zooming around the courtroom
>>
>>139592862
>I will continue to watch

Don't. Start watching something good that might change your life. You only have a certain amount of time before you die, don't waste it watching anime you know is shit.
>>
>>139592550
Because it's boring.
>>
>>139592976
But what if I'm already dead?
>>
>>139591762
Soulless adaptation
>>
You're all too picky.
>Look! THE PEDALS!
>The opening is gay, they don't even wear skirts!
>They didn't even use muh epic corners music!
>It's a stepladder!

Get laid, nerds!
>>
i checked out the anime subreddit and they loved it

while this place criticized the hell out of it

not sure who to believe
>>
>>139593925
I was fairly happy with it except that the low animation quality is pretty unforgivable. It looks okay as stills but it was so cheaply animated its just crazy. You can't tell me that they didn't have the budget to do this justice.
>>
>>139594036
4chan is always right, follow your hearth anon
>>
>>139592706
That's because he is young during the first game.
>>
>>139592801
Holy fuck I didn't even notice.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
I still can't get used to gay chains.
>>
>>139594990
If you have some momentum going already you can move on a bike without pedaling. What bothered me more was a man wearing a full suit and tie cycling to work, you'd end up sweaty and stinking the whole day.
>>
>>139595060
This. These niggas have never ridden a bike in their lives if they actually think you have to pedal to keep moving. I bet they think you have to keep your foot on the accelerator to keep a car moving, too.
>>
>>139595060
Clearly he doesn't have momentum in that shot. I mean, the suit thing also bothered me, but honestly the whole anime is just rubbish.
>>
>>139595060
fatty detected
>>
>>139595060
>What bothered me more was a man wearing a full suit and tie cycling to work
American detected. As a Dutchman, someone who lives in what may very well be the bicycle capital of the world, I have to say this isn't weird per se. Especially if he lives relatively close to his office and/or the court (which isn't established in the anime, not sure if it's stated in the games).
>>
>>139595060
>you'd end up sweaty and stinking the whole day.
In Japan and most of Europe, this is seen as normal for some reason.
>>
>>139595060
Not to mention the suit would get creased and possibly covered in dirt
>>
>>139592839
>I won't be surprise if in the new game she has a love interest that wasn't Phoenix
I would be incredibly mad.
>>
>>139591762
There's a 13 hour difference between NY and Japan, not 14
>>
>>139595447
It depends whether or not it's daylight savings.
>>
File: jojo.png (366 KB, 495x464) Image search: [Google]
jojo.png
366 KB, 495x464
>>139592801
>What it coasting
>>
>>139595060
Lots of salarymen in Japan do it, if their workplace isn't within a short walking distance from a train station.
>>
>>139595480
Daylight savings adds an hour, so that would give us a 12 hour difference instead.
The only explanation is that they were under daylight savings in Japan.
Which is still weird given the seasons are the same for both countries.
>>
man the soundtrack sucks ass

I wouldn't mind how they're saving the game music for the more important moments if the original music wasn't so shit
>>
>>139595060

Phoenix not having a license is a running gag.
>>
>>139595568
It's daylight savings now, like you said we add on an hour. In NY when it's 12 pm, Japan would be 13 hours ahead, so it would be 1 am over there. When daylight savings ends, we go back an hour, when it's 12 pm in NY, it's 2 am there (14 hours).
>>
>>139594036
The subreddit for the show. Not like the general r/anime?
I dunno watch for yourself and make your own opinion.
>>
>>139595363
That reason being because we're not obese. It may sound weird to your flabby self, but unless you're going at full speed you can cycle without getting sweaty. A leisurely pace is hardly more intensive than walking. Do you ever walk down the street, or do you drive instead?
>>
>>139591762
> /a/ it's a single person and as rule hate everything that might enjoyable for normies or /v/. The complaints will the usual, the quality or someone saying that the show it's childish or too deep, works in both ways.
Watch the show, if you like it and like the videogames why would you bother with the opinion of people which is only concerned of saying it's shit, which might be but this place is biased of doing it just because.
>>
>>139592263
I will actually recommend people do this instead of watching this.
>>
>>139592256
PW cases are all about the asspull shock value. You can't asspull a villain that everyone already knows.
>>
>>139592192
This track is missing the beep sounds.
>>
Wow, I thought the english names were bad, but really? Naruhodou?
>>
It looks like an anime from 2006
>>
>>139598358
You look like an anime from 2006.
>>
>>139598371
I wish I do
>>
>>139593925
No
I mean, they fucked up the OP
How is that even possible?
The OP is the best part of the anime and should be easy to do
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.