[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, this ended up being disappointing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (112 KB, 640x442) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
112 KB, 640x442
>>
Most likely the worst manga I've read.
How can anyone make something so generic?
Was Soul Eater just a fluke?
>>
>>139195073
Yeah, it's pretty weird how it can be this generic and lackluster.
>>
>>139195073
Second half or so of Soul Eater was also very lazy and uninspired.
>>
File: h022-023_next.jpg (566 KB, 1739x1259) Image search: [Google]
h022-023_next.jpg
566 KB, 1739x1259
>>139192278
>>139195073
See your bet and raise
>>
>>139195505
Is Black Clover also a Harem? That's some next level stuff.
>>
>>139195368
I agree that Soul Eater had a bunch of pointless fan service and I recall things getting bit dumb after the time skip, but never the less, it was enjoyable until the rushed ending.
>>
>>139195505
>Black Clover is generic
When will this meme die.
>>
>>139195838
Don't know, may be when the MC stops being a nice guy without magic in a world in the only thing is matters and loses his snowflake antimagic sword and stops rivalizing with his talented and taciturn friend for becoming the next mage emperor and leaves the unit composed by outcast and troublemakers that go agaisnt the system and rules?
>>
>>139195505
Black Clover at the current chapter is better than Fire Brigade of Flames. The MC is still the worst MC I know though.
>>
>>139196068
I kind of like Aster, I mean is not that he is a good MC but he at least is nice.
>>
>>139195505
Fuck off with your meme.
The last ten chapters of Black Clover have been amazing.
>>
File: seraph.jpg (56 KB, 225x325) Image search: [Google]
seraph.jpg
56 KB, 225x325
>>139192278
>>139195073
>>139195505

here's mine
not only generic & uninspired but also an edgefest & shameless fujoshi pandering
>>
>>139198334
I somehow managed to watch the first season. Never again.
>>
>>139192278
Is this still even translated?
>>
>>139198334
not only that, Wit stopped caring abut the animation quality & pulled a Toei on us after the first couple of episodes
>>
>>139198334
What pains me more in Owari no Seraph is how the MC is inconsistent with his priorities and motivations, it's like he's written by 2 different authors at the same time.
>>
>>139198318
>you beat my followers but you can't beat me
>you beat me but you can't beat my new extra special awesome comrades
>you beat my comrades but you can't beat me, I'm the boss
>you beat me but you can't beat my new extra special awesome followers
>"I'M GONNA BE THE HOKAGE! MY MAGIC IS NEVER GIVING UP"
>*wave his sword at his problem until it's goes away*
>you broke the seal on my power witness my final form
>lol jk, gonna bounce out for now, but we gonna come back one day

some next level writing right there
>>
>>139199065
I can do the same with every series out there.

For a WSJ series the last ten chapters have been pretty good. They've manage to entablish the antagonists, lay down future developments and introduce characters and abilities that will play a good role in the long run, all while keeping it fresh enough to be it's own series.
>>
>>139199284
common shonen tropes =/= amazing tropes
>>
File: ccs_movie2_end.jpg (173 KB, 1706x960) Image search: [Google]
ccs_movie2_end.jpg
173 KB, 1706x960
It just needed like a minute of them together as a couple and it would have been fine.

But no; Insted what we got was them confessing, and the movie ending without giving us more then a few seconds of the thing it's been building up to, for over half of the fucking show!
>>
>>139199284
Cliche can be found in any work, its all about execution, if you take the elements like the talented rival, the world in which your magic determines your value or a kid without powers get some really special one, BC isn't much different to BNHA, for example.

But then if you put the protagonist shouting to every character he meets he does not have mana but he is going to become Sorceror Emperor anyway and every character laughts at him or shouts the word "Rival" each five pages when his rival is close...well, it makes all the tropes lot more obvious and as result it feels lot more generic, even when is not more generic than the next shonen, but it feels that way.
>>
>>139192278
Is it over already? I didn't even start it.

>>139195073
Soul Eater got really meh after the Arachne arc. Almost every long running manga loses a lot of steam after the first 2/3, even the best ones.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.