[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching season 2 of this now. It's fun and all,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Character_Slider.jpg (96 KB, 670x360) Image search: [Google]
Character_Slider.jpg
96 KB, 670x360
I'm watching season 2 of this now. It's fun and all, but is there ever an explanation for the players being trapped in the game? As far as I can tell, Elder Tale was a keyboard+mouse game, about as old as .hack is now, it wasn't even VR like SAO. So them just accrediting the expansion to trapping them seems suspect. Also, the lack of death has left little sense of urgency, as has the large number of players that are at or above Level 90. It doesn't feel like there's a sense of progression character-wise.

Also, between this, SAO, and .hack, have I basically exhausted all "trapped in another world" anime? I love this stuff.
>>
>>138567879
S2 got hints for your questions and the urgency you need.
>>
>>138568012
That's good to hear then. Even though the animation was markedly better, I was beginning to get bored.
>>
>>138568058
Which episode are you at anyway? There were hints and all in s2.
>bored
A lot of talking and "stretched" out scenes/arc in this season, better ready yourself.
>>
File: Log.Horizon.full.1659917.jpg (2 MB, 2125x1417) Image search: [Google]
Log.Horizon.full.1659917.jpg
2 MB, 2125x1417
>>138568185
I just finished episode 2. I'm fine with talking as long as it's relevant to their survival, but season 1 spent such an inordinate amount of time on developing relations with the People of the Land that it began to feel like a fantasy anime instead of vaguely sci-fi. SAO had a really bad pacing, but the first episode carried such a sense of danger and a clear goal to survive that it carried it along. So far LH just feels like a fun slice of life fantasy series.
>>
>>138568320
>episode 2
Relax, youre still early in s2. Might as well marathon most of s2 if youre adverse to spoilers.
>bad pacing
I think there will be some,depends on how much you like the characters.
>>
>>New this season is KonoSuba, its a trapped in another world anime, kinda bit like a fantasy video game. its a comedy.

As other have said S2 will drop hints.
>>
>>138568524
I plan on watching through it all quickly, but I just wanted to be sure before getting further into it. Outside of very few moments, the first season didn't concentrate much on really understanding and escaping their world, so I was worried that would transfer to the next one.
>>
>>138567879
>Also, between this, SAO, and .hack, have I basically exhausted all "trapped in another world" anime? I love this stuff.
Grimgar is ok
>>
>>138568946
I'll definitely add it to the list. It looks pretty good!
>>
>>138567879
>Also, between this, SAO, and .hack, have I basically exhausted all "trapped in another world" anime? I love this stuff.
Escaflowne and Dunbine for mecha, Juuni Kokuki for straight fantasy, and there's a bunch of other I can't remember.

Grimgar is really good, but other than having character skills which are like Final Fantasy Tactics abilities and the DnD-style setting, there's no game elements. It's not set in an MMO.
>>
>>138569025
>It's not set in an MMO.
Is this something said in the LN? The anime isn't very far but from what I've seen it could be an MMO.
>>
>>138569025
There's also Overlord. Where the protag is stuck in their MMO skeleton avatar and has an entire guild dungeon of affable and totally not-evil minions.
>>
>>138569086
The setting is about as MMO as Slayers.

There is no evidence at all that supports it being an MMO. Kids these days can't handle a typical trapped-in-another-world plot, I swear.
>>
>>138569145
Overlord is also complete garbage, so don't watch it unless you want an immature power fantasy where the MC is perfect and he and his gang of literal original character do not steals who are programmed to love him are dropped into a setting carefully designed for them to effortlessly defeat anybody and anything.
>>
>>138569185
It being an MMO would be incredibly lame and people should stop assuming that it's copying popular trends.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.