[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>racing anime >there is barely any racing >always when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: redline_607_1680.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
redline_607_1680.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>racing anime
>there is barely any racing
>always when it gets hype as fuck and blood starts boiling they immediately break it up
>>
>barely any racing
What? Literally the entire film is about a race
>>
>>135155026
After Yellow line the only real racing is a little bit of the start and the end of Redline.
>>
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO
>>
File: Daytona19951.jpg (227 KB, 1824x852) Image search: [Google]
Daytona19951.jpg
227 KB, 1824x852
Why isn't there a lot of racing anime/manga anyhow?

Is it because drawing cars correctly takes a painstakingly long time?
>>
>>135155026
What percentage of the movie actually involves intense racing action?
>>
>>135155235
I don't remember any significant work featuring the racing genre in any medium in the last few years. Racing doesn't seem to be popular anymore.
>>
I don't like how Yellow Line is the best race in Redline. In Yellow Line you could see a difference in skill among the drivers. In Redline everyone seems to be equal in terms of skill and all it comes down to are the vehicles with their various gimmicks and machine head/JP - Sonoshee using overpowered nitro powerups.
>>
>>135155321

I think there was some research released this week about how racing is declining in popularity across the board in the U.S.

>NASCAR has dipped significantly in popularity from its all-time high ten years ago
>IndyCar, NHRA, F1, etc. have either plateaued at the bottom or dropped.

It's disappointing, because you think of the "Cute girls doing cute things" genre and a racing Anime like that would probably do very well since the Military thing is getting kind of tired.
>>
>>135155477
I would watch cute girls driving fast cars even when I normally don't watch the cute girl genre.
>>
File: 1416374310431.png (698 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1416374310431.png
698 KB, 1280x720
>>135155554

It worked in Shirobako.
>>
>>135155235
I think cars would be easier to draw than a lot of things, but animating them in a way that looks compelling and fresh would take a lot of effort. When I think of compelling race scenes like Riding Bean and Cyber Formula, there's a lot of perspective changing and moving backgrounds. It's not so much the cars themselves as much as planning the fancy scenes to showcase them.
>>
>>135155122
RUNNIN IN THE 90s
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.