[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GATE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: img000011.jpg (379 KB, 600x853) Image search: [Google]
img000011.jpg
379 KB, 600x853
>in the beginning modern guns and tech are shown to BTFO of flame dragons (the most powerful of all dragons) and they killed so many drakes with machineguns that they didn't know what to do with the corpses

>in finishing off the flame dragon arc they practically killed it by accident and now minotaurs are shown to brush off direct hits with LAMs like water balloons

Honestly making the flame dragon a last boss tier enemy was a bad idea because it throws off the entire balance of power, since the original LAM attack did so much damage to it, it stands to reason that the LAM is pretty much capable of destroying most anything in that world. If there are multiple creatures that can resist a panzerfaust blast then doesn't it also stand to reason that, all things considered, the empire's army is incredibly weak overall.
Why did they have such a sloppy attack plan to take back Alnus hill, if there were creatures in the world more dangerous than guns, shouldn't they be at least capable enough, or have countermeasures, to deal with something of that tier?

Well whatever it's not really a plot hole or anything just sorta something that pissed me off.

My real question is how strong do you think things are gonna get later down the line? With all these apostles and shit they may need to bring in a tactical nuke somewhere down the line.
>>
>female elf fighting a minotaur
This isn't going to go where it should and it's a shame.
>>
You say it like it was easy to tame mythological creatures with Roman-age equipment and beliefs.

As for the minotaur tanking bullets and a bazooka shot, I guess it's the same reasoning as expecting vs not expecting a certain attack. The dragon wasn't expecting it the first time around while the minotaur, having been fighting with Rory then Itami, was far more ready. It's why they weren't that effective during the flame dragon arc.

Get your friend to punch your shoulder while you're rested vs while you're tensed up. Big difference.
>>
>>134494854
Japan's goal isn't to upend the divinity system in the Gate. They're not going to need a tacticool nuke.

How strong are things gonna be down the line though? Alien strong. Think the space-traveling Zerg from Starcraft. JSDF get wiped of course, but they're gonna be wiped from even less. I don't recall the exact wording but that's how I can best describe it.
>>
Flame Dragon ( and dragon in general ) have Magic Resistance.
Minotaur ( and baphomet ) have Fire Resistance.
>>
>>134494854
Is that a generic minotaur or the mythological Minotaur? If it's the myth one then there's a bit of divine fuckery there so it's possible that's why it's so strong; he's built with some of the stuff that makes the death god so powerful.
>>
>>134497036
are you retarded bruh
RPG shot is not a ball of fire.
>>
>>134497101
Even better, Minotaur have higher CON.
>>
>>134494854
ITS UNDEAD YOU FUCKING RETARD

THEY LITERALLY JUST SAID THE COCKATRICE WAS UNDEAD BECAUSE OF EATING THE ZOMBIES

THEY SAID THE HEAD WAS THE WEAK POINT AND THAT LAM DIDN'T HIT ITS FUCKING HEAD YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE IF SHE HIT THE GODDAMN THING IN THE FIRST PLACE

I HOPE YOU ARE STILL HERE SO YOU CAN SEE HOW FUCKING RETARDED YOU ARE
>>
>>134497101
I think what he means that an RPG to a Minotaur might just be a very high speed ball of shrapnel with blunt trauma. He'll feel the hit, but he won't be feeling the heat.

>>134497073
It might be the latter since it's a boss fight quite literally.
>>
>>134497159
Why are you yelling? Hitting anywhere but up his nostril makes him invincible? The head is only an undead's weakness because it houses the brain, zombie rules man.
>>
>>134494854
This >>134497073
If it's [the] minotaur then it should be able to rip armies to shreds rather casually, and it seems likely to me it's the big one since they're in a huge maze (or under one, at any rate).
>>
>>134497101
An RPG shot is a big arrow that does a good deal of damage and causes an explosion on impact dealing [x] amount of fire damage, in RPG terms.
>>
>>134497073
By Death God do you mean Rory?
>>
>>134497162

He would be feeling the power of a jet of metal being accelerated fast enough to lance through nearly a thousand millimeters of RHA. the idea of its skin being tough enough to take a HEAT missile from a modern launcher makes it ridiculously fucking tough, how the fuck are they gonna kill it?
>>
What is the Munroe effect.
>>134497391
gets it.
>>
>>134497391
You kill it from the inside. Don't look if you don't want to be spoiled.
>>
>>134497391
>He would be feeling
he's a zombie. he's not feeling anything.
>>
>>134497454
The sheer kinetic force would mush any internal organs.
>>
>>134497499
How do zombies work in this setting anyway? Do they actually need their organs or are they just animated dead dudes who could presumably keep fighting with only their arms and torso left?
>>
>>134497520
The women became unable to use their bodies when the brain got destroyed. I believe if they don't have muscles they wont be able to move.
This isn't like Elder scrolls 'lol magic' where bones are animated just because its magic.
>>
>>134497560
>elder scrolls
Skellington archers / warriors are hardly rare in gayms or fantasy.
>>
>>134497577
I was just giving an example and just because it's not rare it is bullshit.
>>
>>134497499
Zombies would still move with their head intact. Kinetic force isn't shit when the guy's big enough to withstand it, plus having fire resistance and no sense of pain.

Also, wrong analogy with >>134497560. True if they don't have their body parts they're not able to move, but zombies in this sense might be that if one arm is gone, it doesn't affect it.
>>
>>134497614
The usual way it works is that you're pumping mana into a skellington and making it move forcibly, so a skeleton raised on the spot will usually fall apart if you kill the dude who raised it (ofc the ones guarding olde tombs or naturally raised near graveyards are a different matter). It's like animated armor or golems, dirt doesn't have muscles but it moves anyway. I know that's not how it works in this setting, just saying.
>>
Japanese Minotaur aren't the same C grade filler they are in western media.
>>
>>134497686
>western media
Modern western media, the dude was hardcore in olde western 'media'.
>>
>>134497660
No such magic was confirmed yet, I don't know about the LN mind you.
>>134497628
>The sheer kinetic force would mush any internal organs.
It still stands. What the hell are you on with fire resistance even? The Munroe effect is more like piercing, not high explosive. At least it would blow a hole in the minotaur's body, Like it did with the dragon that had scales of huge density.
>>
Realizing the author of the LNs is an ex-JSDF, this whole series now gives me a The Martian-like feel.

That said, GATE falls a bit short on the writing portion. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but it could have done with some improvements.

>So far in the manga, the only things Tuka has done is cry about her dad and delude herself into thinking Itami is her dad. Even Yao has done more than her, which almost makes her role irrelevant
>Magic is severely underplayed so far. Leilei is more often than not used for her interpretation skills than the magic she trained so hard with, and her master hasn't done much story-wise either
>JSDF STRONK ALSO ITAMI IS AN OTAKU BUT HES SUPER BADASS AND EVEN HAD AN EX-WIFE WHO WAS ALSO AN OTAKU
>Every other country aside from Japan is written as corrupt, only wanting to invade the special region for its resources (unlike Japan whose intentions are pure)
>One of the first people Itami's squad meets is a 900-year-old demigod who coincidentally looks like a gothic lolita who wants the MC's dick so bad
>The anime makes things worse by giving the characters horrible designs, as if they wanted to make this series Sword Art Online: Modern Warfare

That said, I do like the other soldiers besides Itami (when they're featured), and the whole warrior bunnies side plot was really interesting. I wish the author would go more Game of Thrones and just have the JSDF get caught up in it all. So far, though, it's a solid 7/10.

I heard that the LNs have already ended, though. How good was the ending?
>>
>HUR DUR Japan did nuffin wrong
>>
>>134497753

Novels are still going actually.
>>
>>134497847
Even the web novels? I heard that it ended when the gate disappeared.
>>
>>134497872

A "second season" of novels started recently.
>>
>>134497906
Ah. Well, I understand. You got a cash cow, you milk it for all it's worth.
>>
>>134497753
>more game of thrones
that would require level headed characters to act retarded. why do you think the US in gate haven't risked WW3 yet?

also, all your gripes are either all addressed and/or just your personal issues that have nothing to do with the story like the author being ex-JSDF.
>>
>>134497752
The projectile hit the upper right shoulder from the back, provided it was a direct hit. Even if it blew a hole into the minotaur it wouldn't have done squat because it's a zombie.
>>
>>134498013
>cash cow
Overlord's selling more you dumb pos.
>>
>>134497753
>So far in the manga, the only things Tuka has done is cry about her dad and delude herself into thinking Itami is her dad. Even Yao has done more than her, which almost makes her role irrelevant
What is Tuka's role intended to be? I personally didn't expect much at all from her from the instant it was revealed she asked for two rooms and two sets of rations, and the whole PTSD arc was simply her own character arc.
>Magic is severely underplayed
From what I'm seeing, the reason is because Magic is simply not all that useful in this world. Think Overlord, where native mages are both rare and not really worth significantly more than high-tier warriors.
When you can conjure a fireball but the other side can launch a rocket or plant a claymore, your magic naturally fades into the background.
>JSDF STRONK ALSO ITAMI IS AN OTAKU BUT HES SUPER BADASS AND EVEN HAD AN EX-WIFE WHO WAS ALSO AN OTAKU
I'm pretty sure Itami isn't a 'badass', he even says so himself. He's a lazy bastard who happens to be lucky and somehow scraped through their ranger academy or whatever.
>Every other country aside from Japan is written as corrupt, only wanting to invade the special region for its resources (unlike Japan whose intentions are pure)
This is a valid point, but then again the part I find jarring isn't that other nations are corrupt and greedy but that Japan isn't. It's a damn pot of gold sitting on your door. Get it.
>One of the first people Itami's squad meets is a 900-year-old demigod who coincidentally looks like a gothic lolita who wants the MC's dick so bad
It's a waifu and an easy asspull excuse if he writes himself into a corner.
>anime
Irrelevant to the author.
>>
>>134498405
>It's a damn pot of gold sitting on your door. Get it.
They can't. The gods won't allow it. Rory stopping Itami from taking back zombie samples should have taught you as much.
>>
>>134498696
Yeah but the Japanese government doesn't know that as of right now. They took back a bunch of dragon scales no problem.
>>
>>134498708
Which I don't deny. But when you said pot of gold I know you meant to take advantage of all the natural resources before the gods noticed, but it's hard to take everything back when you don't know what they are yet or not sure what effects they have when brought back to Earth. Plus it's hard building oil refineries.

But what you said about Japan not being corrupt and greedy is false; four-eyes exists so it's logical to think that other people that think like him exists as well. It's just that we see the POV of Itami and he could give less of a shit about resources.
>>
How is it that nobody has already made a fortune selling firearms to the locals? It's not that hard for some guns to mysteriously disappear from JSDF armory.
>>
>>134498772
True. All I was saying was that it was stupid to think that greedy corrupt countries were bad, in a sense it's the job of a government to be greedy corrupt pieces of shit to foreign powers so they can get a leg up. Sure, you shouldn't be too overt about it but trying to hog resources is smart and reasonable, not something to nag about.
>>
>>134498800
I think it actually is that hard, seeing as you got checked before crossing the Gate and you have a limited inventory that probably gets counted regularly. There aren't even that many people in the Gate camp. If you meant native ninjaspies, then that's probably a combo of sheer good luck and everyone else being too intimidated to try something smart.
>>
>>134498800
How do you propose people steal them under 24/7 surveillance?
>>
>>134498979
>How do you propose people steal them under 24/7 surveillance?
Magic.
>>
>>134499060
It ain't that good yet. Plus there's the problem of transporting the goods out of there.
>>
>>134498405
>>134498772

Japan is corrupt as fuck in this. They (or the author) just don't realize that swindling/intimidating an entire planet out of what probably amounts to more GDP than 99% of Earth is unethical.
>>
>>134499060
I dunno man, magic doesn't seem strong enough in this setting to teleport or even invisiblecloak.
>>134499154
I don't think ethics has any place in this - sharing may be caring but sharing to your enemies is simply retarded. Trying to be ethical with people who don't give a shit about your ethics will only lead to you becoming a red stain on their boot.
>>
>>134499154
This is what every country would have done to some extent. Go jerk your patriotism boner somewhere else.
>unethical
This is funny coming from an American.
>>
>>134498800
>the only reason your having an easy time in a foreign land is because of your technological superiority
>allow some degenerate shit to undo that advantage by making a quick buck

you better fucking believe the quartermaster is on top of that shit else he loses the advantage of his entire culture
>>
>>134499226
American
I'm this guy >>134499190, but how do you see the one you replied to is an American? He didn't say anything about it.
>>
When is season 1.5 coming out? No I don't want to a read mangoes
>>
>>134499306
I've observed that lots of Americans are sensitive about politics. Too pointlessly in fact that it extends to fictional work and becomes irritating as fuck.
>>
>>134499154
>a key to potentially become a world superpower is literally delivered to your doorstep
Who the fuck wouldn't do what Japan did? Hell I think Japan isn't doing enough yet but considering the delicate international situation (informed ofc, not shown well) they're pulling it off fairly well.
>>134499339
I've observed that lots of Americans like to spam the word 'ethics' in these types of discussions believing them to be relevant.
>>
>>134499371
Whether or not everyone else would do what Japan is doing is utterly missing the point. It's merely pointing out that Japan is at least as corrupt as the other countries are presented to be.
>>134499306
I personally recall calling others American at random if anything was diagreed with was a classic shitposting tactic in GATE threads the second the anime started airing.
>>
>>134499445
>I personally recall calling others American at random if anything was diagreed with was a classic shitposting tactic in GATE threads the second the anime started airing.
I didn't call you American though, I asked why the other guy felt justified in calling you American.
>It's merely pointing out that Japan is at least as corrupt as the other countries are presented to be.
That's not how Japan is presented though, which is what some people are annoyed about. You even said it yourself - the author clearly doesn't think that Japan is being 'unethical', as laughable a word that is to use in a discussion of politics.
>>
>>134499445
I personally recall that what you're saying is bullshit. No other major country's citizens portrayed in Gate has been as vocal as the Americans. It's not a shitposting tactic if it's true. Gate is being translated in Chinese, why aren't we hearing the Chinks complain about it? Or the fucking Russians? Why is it that when we first hear of Gate, it's this super racist, jingoistic kind of work that shows Japan in a very positive light? No one gave this a fucking chance when it first came out. Everyone listened to the whiteys at SB and it's the reason why people are so judgmental when it comes to this series.
>>
>>134499487
I didn't say you were calling me an American. I was just adding to where the word American tends to pop up in Gate threads to give a possible answer to your earlier question. There seems to be a wave of people inferring things to actually said lately.
And honestly? The fact that the words ethics and politics are considered laughable to you and others is exactly why so many government positions are full of retardation. A lack of ethics is part of what had the US drag the planet into a global economic depression.
>>134499560
They were all Americans or you insisted they were all Americans nonstop like you're doing right now? I am not currently on, nor do I live/reside on American soil.
>>
>>134499560
I mean, why does CR get the censored versions with white flags instead of the Japanese JSDF flags? Because you fucking people get triggered by this kinds of shit. I don't think the people behind Gate are blind; I think they know the niche western reception which was why they did what they did. It's all kinds of retarded and this is brought on by the fact that Americans (whites at the very least) are so fucking sensitive at politics. You don't even like talking politics in public.

Take note I'm not starting a race flame bait, I'm just irritated at the fact that people bring up shit like this post >>134499154 or this post >>134497753 every time I try to discuss Gate peacefully., all because people are too sensitive politically. There's a lot of people out there attacking the writing as well...it's really not pants-on-head retarded. It's just people who complain about it that's retarded because they're too stupid to see things from the other side.
>>
>>134499638
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'd like governments to have a baseline of decency when operating, knowing when to let go and allow more competent folks up onto the seat, etc. but the problem with allowing ethics into politics is firstly that it's far too easy to abuse - you can hardly argue against someone when they claim moral and ethical high ground - secondly because defining what is and is not considered ethical is a huge problem in and of itself and thirdly (and most importantly) the fact is that someone not really concerned with being ethical all the time always has an edge over someone who constrains themselves to being ethical all the time so it's extremely tempting, if everyone else is being ethical, to break the rules (and of course try not to get caught while doing so) and therefore get an edge. Look at political debates and speeches - can you count the number of cherrypicked examples, appeals to emotion, strawmen, and other logical fallacies in the average election speech? To use an American example, Obama is quite fond of saying '[x], mother of three, [insert heartwrenching but utterly irrelevant story], overcame obstacles and is now having a better life' or similar shit. Does it make him look good? Yes. Does it make him seem like someone who cares? Yes. Is is actually relevant to the discussion and/or statistically significant? No, fuck no. That being said, bringing up a personal-ish example works better than droning off statistics even though the statistics matter more. It'd be 'ethicial' and 'principled' to not go for the emotional angle. It also loses you elections.
tl;dr if you try to be ethical you never make it up top so trying to apply ethics to politics simply doesn't work
>>
I think people are unfair with this. GATE is undeniably Nippon Strong: The Anime/Manga, But It's one of the first of its kind out of Japan that really gained attention, how many times have the Russians or Chinese complained at being cannon fodder in american video games or films? There are many 'Murica strong' video games and films but when japan does it it's suddenly terrible and racist.

Japan undeniably did bad shit in the past, One of my friend's grandfathers barely survived starvation before being liberated by US Marines, but the same can be said for any given nation on earth. To deny it some level of pride based on past crimes is silly, especially as undeniably a big part of national pride and identity comes from military accomplishments. Americans remember the Triumph over the british in the 4th of July and the star spangled banner was written to commemorate the british bombardment of Baltimore, Russia has Victory day, Europe has VE day, Britain has the Battle of Trafalgar and Waterloo.

Also Pina Co Lada is best girl
>>
>>134499638
Inferring things not actually said* lately
I swear what think I typed is never what actually comes out.

>>134499707
Dude. Get some Prozac or marijuana or something to calm yourself the fuck down. Noone is triggered here except you. Are you TRYING to be offended at absolutely everything? even the previous argument of >>134499560 is full of bullshit because back when this was a manga I occasionally heard of the Chinese and Koreans being offended by it and the fact that it's retardedly jingoistic as fuck was already to the point that all of the adaptations had to tone everything down was known/accepted.

Oh seriously. How DARE other people actually discuss what's they view in the series instead of being your hugbox where you can only hear people with matching viewpoints and any dissenting opinion must be shouted down.
>>
>>134497036
>implying their scales aren't fireproof
Learn your dragons, you fool.
>>
>>134499638
I could care less if you're American or not (which I highly doubt; brought on by personal experience it's usually Americans who are politically emotional) but here's the thing: Gate is not showing Japan as some kind of greatest country on Earth. There's some Japs who, as you said, would like to gobble up the resources beyond the Gate. Showing USA, Russia, and China having almost the same ambitions is not a bad thing as well, because they're representative of what every country on Earth would do if they got the Gate. It's just that Japan's priority right now is not that but rather get war reparations first. Yeah there's scenes like being amazed at a katana or millefeuille being said to be created at Japan but you're supposed to interpret it as amazement at how far the world's tech has come, not interpret it as self-fellating. They just say it's Japan because those products DID come from Japan. No point getting french bread from France when they can easily get it from a bakery in Tokyo.
>>
It's funny how many people miss that the Empire is literally a stand-in for Imperial Japan.

>launches surprise attack on an industrially superior enemy in a bid for resources
>continues a war they have no hope of winning even after a series of stunning defeats because the commanders are in denial
>reluctant to surrender because MUH PRIDE MUH HONOR MUH NEVER LOST A WAR
>comfort women, comfort women everywhere
>>
>>134499838
>There are many 'Murica strong' video games and films but when japan does it it's suddenly terrible and racist.
Well the thing here that you and others tend to do is presume that anyone pointing out the Nippon Stronk doesn't find Murrica ridiculous. There is no connection between that. Not liking one doesn't mean you wont find the other less stupid.
I personally never thought of using racist to describe it but the blatant war crimes denial tends to be the line between it being cute that Japan thinks it's competent and "Are you fucking serious?"
>>
>>134499838
I don't think anyone cares that Japan has national pride. No, not even the average Chinese uni kid these days meaning the generational hatred lasts at most another generation.
What people are annoyed about (don't see why desu but I can sort of understand it) is that Japan is potrayed as stronk and pure repeatedly and we get slapped in the face by it more often than not. Most people probably got used to it when it was American or (when they are American) don't mind because they like it. More or less, it feels like propaganda because everyone is used to Americastrong media but nobody is used to Japanstrong media so it hits harder.
>>134499864
Fireproof != Explosionproof. Not him since Minotaurs aren't either, but tanks are more or less fireproof and panzerfausts are intended to fuck up tanks.
>>134499901
I don't think it's a stand in so much as just how a jingoistic Empire would turn out to be. Comfort women basically just whores. Whores were everywhere back then, they came with an army like the musicians and chefs and supply wagon donkeys. Unless you meant the bunny nation, but what do you expect when you conquer a nation composed entirely of hot beastladies?
>>
>>134499838
True. But this series is about the JSDF not the IJA. The JSDF aren't the Japanese military of the past.

>>134499843
>hugbox
Go back to /v/.
> I occasionally heard of the Chinese and Koreans being offended by it
The Chinese are paid trolls and the Koreans you speak of are radicals.
>Noone is triggered here except you
You got triggered when I said Americans, which is true. Everything else that I typed covers it.
>and the fact that it's retardedly jingoistic as fuck
See? The gore was toned down because the manga is not the source material of the anime and that there's no blood in the light novels. You literally don't know what you're talking about.

It's only a hugbox if you don't entertain dissenting opinion; but when that opinion is decidedly untrue then it's NOT a hugbox.
>>
>>134499961
>but the blatant war crimes denial
And pray tell, what do you get out of it? They don't like dwelling on the mistakes of their past as a culture, move the fuck on. You weren't there when they happened. This shit affects nothing but Japanese people, you shouldn't get triggered by this.
>>
>>134499961
Sometimes I wonder if the reason they deny the war crimes is because they actually don't know it happened. That or they're being super ironic and it's a Japanese in-joke or something.
>>134499838
I don't get what you're trying to say. Nobody is annoyed at Nippon saying Nippon Stronk. People are annoyed because of how blatantly we get slapped across the face with it, like how most non-Americans I've met are annoyed at how superior the average American tends to act about their own nation.
Nippon just stands out more because we know that it isn't true. America can brag about its military but their boasting isn't just empty boasting. If Japan boasts about its military we point and laugh at them the same way we point and laugh at Turkey for purposely antagonizing Russia and acting haughty about it.
>>
>>134499973
>More or less, it feels like propaganda because everyone is used to Americastrong media but nobody is used to Japanstrong media so it hits harder.
Americastrong media usually at least pretends to be about liberty, justice, and self-determination for all.

Japanstrong media tends to be about the samurai code of fealty to one's lord and glorious death in battle.
>>
>>134499901
Or maybe, just maybe, it's a well-researched stand-in for the Roman Empire. I know, it's surprising.
>stand-in for Imperial Japan
I missed the part where they forced the locals they conquered to fight and die to a meat grinder.
>>
>>134500047
Denial and simply not talking about it are different, and the people who would be annoyed by the denial include everyone who's suffered their war crimes. I think it's time to move on as well, you don't have to keep harping about their 70+ yo war crimes, but there is a huge difference between failing to mention war crimes and saying 'lol ye that never happened silly gaijin xD xDDDD'
In shokugeki no souma for exmaple, there is a chapter where the author more or less says 'lol the gaijin thought we were starving them to death and feeding them poison but we were actually giving them five-star meals in the prison camps! Silly gaijin! :DDD'. If he failed to mention the camps that's perfectly fine. Denying the things ever happened and saying that it was all gaijin misunderstanding is not okay.
>>
>>134500124
>Or maybe, just maybe, it's a well-researched stand-in for the Roman Empire. I know, it's surprising.
Slaves are clearly treated far worse here than they were under the Roman Empire.
>>
>>134500220
Slaves didn't even exist in Imperial Japan.
>>
>>134500059
>like how most non-Americans I've met are annoyed at how superior the average American tends to act about their own nation.
Like how you're acting now? I don't care if it's true or not, the fact is that you're applying real life to a fictional work is stupid. You're pissed that Japanese soldiers beat your special ops because you can't accept that fact they screwed up somewhere because according to you, "America can brag about its military but their boasting isn't just empty boasting."

Look, just take an L and move on. Even the greatest fall down. Ali got knocked out by some upstart. At least you're self-aware about it.
>>
>>134500220
Nigga slaves are assets, you treat assets however the fuck you want. There are nice masters and not-so-nice masters. We happen to see the not-so-nice ones.
>>
>>134500124

The Romans actually learnt from their mistakes though

>>134500059

>how blatant they're slapped across the face with it

Media does it all the time. In The Patriot the church burning scene happened: but in WWII in the French Village of Oradour-Sur-Glane. Media isn't exactly known for a nuanced and careful look at historical events.

>>134500133

To be fair to GATE, I don't recall an instance where it denied war crimes happened. But maybe I missed it. War Crimes undeniably happened, the Bataan Death March, Harsh treatment of prisoners, the alexandra hospital massacre. But like when dindus bitch about slavery it's the past. There's not much that can be done except learn from it and to move on.
>>
>>134500133
It's not denial as a culture, they just don't talk about it. Did you miss that each year, the Japanese government offers an apology to the world for the atrocities they committed in the past? Well now you fucking know. I think what they're doing is better than what happened to Germany, where it's taboo to be nationalist because everyone surrounding them plus you guys had to beat it over their heads that what they did was wrong.

The JSDF is proof that they remember what they did and are sorry for it.
>>
>>134500124
>I missed the part where they forced the locals they conquered to fight and die to a meat grinder.
Ancient Japan did that. More specifically, after the nation was finally unified they ended up with a lot of soldiers they didn't need. And because a lot of bored soldiers = rebellion, the leader sent the spare soldiers to conquer China, knowing they will all get killed.

The reasoning is the same as the GATE incident; the troops are a rebellion risk, so you send them off to be wiped out.
>>
>>134500234
I'm Chinese and don't give a shit either way, it's fiction and as long as the plot is enjoyable I'm fine. I treat every fictional country as a fantasy country, Japan could conquer the world in a fictional work and it'd not affect the real world in the slightest.
I'm only trying to offer a possible explaination as to why people get super pissed at this particular jingoistic mycountrystrong work and not the many others. I'm horribly, horribly sorry that you feel the need to be so defensive. And while I'd like to leave it at that,
>"America can brag about its military but their boasting isn't just empty boasting."
It isn't empty boasting because it'd be like Great Britain in 1700 going 'MY NAVY CAN SINK THE WORLD'S NAVIES COMBINED'. It's exaggerated but at least it's not ridiculous.
>>134500311
>To be fair to GATE, I don't recall an instance where it denied war crimes happened. But maybe I missed it. War Crimes undeniably happened, the Bataan Death March, Harsh treatment of prisoners, the alexandra hospital massacre. But like when dindus bitch about slavery it's the past. There's not much that can be done except learn from it and to move on.
Ye I was just commenting it wasn't okay on the side. never happened in GATE yet and I hope it stays that way.
>>134500320
No, I do remember and I actually think it's high time everyone else got over it seeing as it happened 70+ years ago at this point. I'm only pointing out that WHEN it happens, it comes off as obnoxious.
>>
>>134500231
>Slaves didn't even exist in Imperial Japan.
I guess the millions of Chinese and Koreans and Allied PoWs conscripted into forced labor don't count. Or the comfort women.
>>
>>134500311
>The Romans actually learnt from their mistakes though
The Empire in Gate will as well, what the king did was a masterstroke if you read the novels. He planned everything from the start, taking advantage of the JSDF's arrival.
>>
>>134500133
>Denial and simply not talking about it are different,
Yes, and? It took you 9 words to sound like you didn't realize they actually did denial of Japan's war crimes instead of simply not talking about them despite it formerly being one of the more posted/referenced pages.
>>134500311
They had a page or three where they wrote about the various war crimes/atrocities other countries did/do followed by asking if Japan might do the same thing as if Japan wasn't so bad that Nazi's were morally horrified by them.
>>
>>134500370
I'm fairly sure they weren't legally considered slaves though, which was what I meant. Romans didn't treat their slaves as poorly as the Empire does but Japan technically didn't even have them.
>>
>>134500370
Shut up chinks.
>>
>>134500366
>To be fair to GATE, I don't recall an instance where it denied war crimes happened.
They keep posting that page from the manga where some Japanese guy lists a whole bunch of nations throughout history that have used military strength to oppress the weak, and posits that Japan might follow in their footsteps in the Gate SAR.
Thus totally ignoring that Japan has already followed in their footsteps and gotten bitchslapped by the USA for it.
>>
>>134500382
>Yes, and? It took you 9 words to sound like you didn't realize they actually did denial of Japan's war crimes instead of simply not talking about them despite it formerly being one of the more posted/referenced pages.
What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm only saying that [when] and [if] you deny the crimes you come off as an ass, not whether or not it happened.
>>134500382
>They had a page or three where they wrote about the various war crimes/atrocities other countries did/do followed by asking if Japan might do the same thing as if Japan wasn't so bad that Nazi's were morally horrified by them.
Right, I forgot about that one.
>>
>>134500344
>the leader sent the spare soldiers to conquer China, knowing they will all get killed.
That's bullshit. If it was just a meat grinder then Japan shouldn't have won and succeeded in capturing a part of China.
>>
>>134500431
He did say Ancient Japan not post-Meiji Japan.
>>
>>134500382

Well Odour-Sur-Glane was done by the SS, who have quite the reputation for war crimes. such as machine gunning a whole barn of british PoWs. The regular german army commanders held the SS in contempt, and viewed them as little more than fanatical butchers.
>>
>>134498800

The Apostles (like Rory) are hellbent on keeping the technology transfers between the worlds as close to fucking zero as possible.

Lelei understanding of physics after her shopping in Tokyo is already a grave infringement to the natural evolution of GATE world knowledge.
>>
>>134500467
If I'm not mistaken some of the higher Nazi officials also felt the same.
>>
>>134500366
>>134500366
>I'm only trying to offer a possible explaination
Why would you laugh at Japan's military then? They're fucking small, haven't fought in quite some time but they're still strong compared to the rest of the world. It's not even a correct explanation, you're literally telling everyone that the US should have won the fight at the inn because their overall military strength is the strongest in the world. It doesn't work that way. It was an unfair fight in favor of the Japanese and cost Japan a Prime Minister.
>>
>>134500483
Doesn't she also know some basic chemistry? I remember something about her decomposing water into hydrogen and oxygen and then exploding it again or something of the sort.
>>
>>134500417
Within the context of the post chain it sounded like you were continuing the convo with the implication that Gate didn't do any war crimes denials. As such I pointed out that they totally did. The perceived context made your opening statement simultaneously (technically) correct while implying something that was wrong.
>>
File: img000025.jpg (1017 KB, 1098x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000025.jpg
1017 KB, 1098x1600
>>134500535

That's what I meant, she picked up knowledge she should NOT be aware of when coming to our world, and that's a big no-no.

I remember a novelfag last summer saying that Rory actually threatens her to not make that knowledge widespread.
>>
>>134500366
>I'm only pointing out that WHEN it happens, it comes off as obnoxious.
I don't know what's more obnoxious, that or the constant bringing up of Japanese war crime denial every time there's a Gate thread. Should I just join the party then and talk about how horrible Japanese are to this day for denying their war crimes or should I just put a stop to it and enjoy talking about the story?
>>
>>134494854
I guess everyone forgot what's happening at that moment. The minotaur is most likely a zombie. He should have still took damage from the rpg, but he won't flinch like he should. Also possible he's got magical resistances.
>>
>>134500532
Huh...?
Nigger I have no idea what the shite you're talking about.
Look - Japan is not considered weak but it's hardly strong and not really viewed as strong by most major players. It's not shit, but it's not great. Sort of like GB today. I was saying that the disjunction between what we perceive them as and how they present themselves might aggravate the annoyance of people who were already ticked off at the jingoistic nationalism in the series - might I point out here that I am not one of those people - making anyone who was already on the verge of breaking willing suspension of disbelief (or simply teetering on calling bullshit) more likely to do so.
I personally think it made a lot of sense that the nips won - they had people both inside and outside, they knew what the place looked like better than the other operatives and there are two other teams firing all over the place at the same time not to mention the fucking Reaper flying around the place.
>>134500558
Sorry.
>>134500627
Talk about the story.
>>
File: wut.jpg (162 KB, 461x712) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
162 KB, 461x712
>these gigantic walls of text

Jesus Christ guys, take a chill pill.
>>
>>134500455
I'm doing my research and I don't see any Ancient Japanese nigga trying to send people to China to conquer it. Only Korea.
>>
>>134500724
They probably got smacked by the chinks after arriving then if it isn't the ~1500's invasion that Yi Sunshin or whoever stopped.
>>
>>134500059
It seems to not be taught too much from what I've see and a quick search. The ultranationalists seem to know about it enough to deny they happened or claim Japan was in the right. Everyone else hears almost nothing of it.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068

I recall a joke where a Japanese character in some multinational group/school was learning about WWII was cheering for the Allies and their fight for freedom (which Japan must clearly be with) while booing the Axis of only to be shocked when it got pointed out to her that Japan was in the Axis. That's probably how little they seem to learn about WWII.
>>
>>134500657
>aggravate the annoyance of people who were already ticked off at the jingoistic nationalism in the series
Which we should be discouraging.
>>
>>134500724
>I'm doing my research and I don't see any Ancient Japanese nigga trying to send people to China to conquer it. Only Korea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu
>In 1592, Hideyoshi invaded Korea as a prelude to his plan to attack China.
Yes, Korea was attacked first for the sake of them needing to get to China, but it hardly matters because it was one huge excuse to get them killed.
>>
>>134500778
Damn. I hate people who hide or change history.
>>
>>134500757
All I know without googling is that China succeeded in landing on Japan but failed to sustain it twice because of stormy waters.
>>
>>134494854
Why Yao and Dark Elves in general can be best bros when they are not in "REMOVE NINGEN" mode. Also best waifus.
>>
>>134495972
My dick is hard just thinking about the possibilities, kouhai.
>>
>>134500786
>because it was one huge excuse to get them killed.
Any concrete proof for that?
>>
>>134500778
>From Homo erectus to the present day - more than a million years of history in just one year of lessons. That is how, at the age of 14, I first learned of Japan's relations with the outside world.
>For three hours a week - 105 hours over the year - we edged towards the 20th Century.
Isn't this kind of a dumb way to teach history?
It misses what I think the point of learning history is, to be able to understand how past events shaped the world we live in and how current events might lead to reshaping the world in the future, as well as to gain an appreciation for gauging both the reliability and usefulness of sources. It's not learning what happened for the sake of knowing what happened.
Focusing instead on key turning points in history would allow greater depth of study and exploration. Breadth is useless if you can't appreciate the material you're studying.
>>
>>134496850
>get your friend to punch your shoulder
Get my who?
>>
>>134500657
The winning isn't really the problem. It's more an issue of incompetence. The "he's black so it must be AMERICA" line is laughable so the scene gets remembered. Then the US special forces that TRAIN the JSDF special forces didn't realize that Japan had special forces.
They could have lost via roughly the same method without everyone looking retarded. Instead it came off awful and hilarious. After episode 1 came out the reactions went from laughter/mockery of how bad the scene was done to "If you have a problem with it you must be a butthurt american." shitposting.
>>
>>134501012
You know, they didn't even need to 'itsanamerican' thing since President whoever called the damn Prime Minister anyway to tell him shit was going down.
>>
>>134501012
>"he's black so it must be AMERICA"
No, he got really good tacticool stuff AND he was black.
>didn't realize that Japan had special forces
They weren't informed about the JSDF, only expected small fry bodyguards.
>>
>>134500972
>Any concrete proof for that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_invasions_of_Korea_%281592%E2%80%9398%29#Legacy
>It is also suggested that Hideyoshi planned an invasion of China to fulfill the dreams of his late lord Oda Nobunaga,[55] and to mitigate the possible threat of civil disorder or rebellion posed by the large number of now idle samurai and soldiers in unified Japan.

I guess it isn't proof as such, but one explanation offered by historians.
>>
>>134501077
Was that scene different in the anime or something? I remember the American guy outright being shocked that Japan had special forces.

Even then there's the fact that they're escorting royalty, a god, the first elf to be seen on Earth in thousands of years if you ignore drugged out Europeans, and a magician. What kind of retard would give them or expect small time bodyguards? The only reason they were roughly unguarded at any point was Itami sneaking off.
>>
search the thread, no one used the word "rape"
>>
>>134501168
The anime cut most of the story and is a fucking joke.
>>
>>134501168
> What kind of retard would give them or expect small time bodyguards?
Millitary intelligence is always accurate. Yea right.
>>
>>134501205
Because everyone is losing there mind and shitposting /pol/sit.
>>
File: img000008.jpg (750 KB, 1440x2150) Image search: [Google]
img000008.jpg
750 KB, 1440x2150
>>134501168
>>
File: img000010.jpg (765 KB, 1440x2150) Image search: [Google]
img000010.jpg
765 KB, 1440x2150
>>134501168
And another proof
>>
>>134501012
>when we lose, make us look good, okay?
You are a butthurt american. It's not even shitposting.
>>
>>134501168
They were expecting simple guards, not special ops / elites. Remember that this is basically a rushed operation without any info for soldiers.
>>
The anime also butchered the art designs. Myuute and Persia look like shit and Kuribayashi looks like a schoolgirl rather than a brainless titty monster killing machine.
>>
>>134501529
>you will never date a female terminator
>you will never date a shinigami loli
>>
>>134501569
I'll settle for one of the Warrior Bunnies and prove that I, as a human, am not an asshole, but a loving father.

Besides, Itami already belongs to Rory.
>>
>>134501168
Sky is going to release one chapter of the gate LN a day until he runs out of stock (around the end volume 4, or the end of the Flame Dragon arc) so you can read up on all the shit the anime and manga cut out.
>>
>>134501654
How LN volumes until it catches up to the manga?
>>
>>134501715
End of volume 4 is the end of the Flame Dragon arc, which is about chapter 46-7 of 50 released manga chapters.
>>
>>134501233
While true it's still ridiculously bad. That's like a person stationed in Iraq not realizing there's sand nearby or Baghdad is the capital. Remembering that the people you trained last month while in Japan were Japanese or that the initial entrance to Earth was swamped with military personnel for protection brings to mind that the general in charge of all of the US nuclear weapons was so drunk that the RUSSIAN were complaining about him drinking too much when he visited him. That's in the realm where things have to be toned down in fiction because noone would believe its actually possible.
>>134501362
There's a difference between make "us" look good and laughably incompetent.

>>134501394
I went and checked the chapters again and it seems to be a version 2. My guess is that early translations were just different enough to make the american look surprised that the JSDF existed instead of that they were there. Either way it seems I was wrong.
>>
>>134501742
>lickymee at Skythewood(Moderately Active)
>Nigel at Skythewood(A.K.A Robot with Translation Powers)(Very Active)
>Skythewood at Skythewood(Master of Translator Whores)(Active)
I was checking BT to see how many vols to look forward to and saw this

I hope they can get to Vol 5 by christmas as i have free time by then.
>>
>>134501910
I did almost everything up to volume 4. There's only 4 chapters for Vol. 5 out so I'm taking a break until more CN TLs appear.
>>
>>134501956
You did 4 volumes in barely 2 months? You are insane you [beautiful translator you]
>>
>>134497686
This, they tend to be OP divine creatures.

>>134498800
Because most likely private corporations are not allowed to go trough, and set up bank.
Since its a GATE, and not a Multi Portal, its about controlling the gate.
>>
>>134501799
>laughably incompetent.
What the US did wasn't incompetent, where the hell are you getting this? It's natural they expected secret service bodyguards instead of the JSDF itself because the broadcast showed them it. They also got info about Pina and Bozes there. The President was also intelligent in preparing bribe money for the PM. Only reason why it failed was because Itami drew up a plan that used fully equipped JSDF, China and Russia had the same idea, and the Jap PM resigned so the bribe wouldn't come through. American military ops might be the best in the world but they're not psychic.

The US looked bad but they were not incompetent.
>>
>>134502150
The CIA team (not special forces troops, btw) also went in with 20 guys with SMGs and the best gear they could get against an estimated 3 guards, it's not their fault that their bosses panicked and rushed them in without proper intelligence.
>>
>>134502150
>Itami drew up a plan

Wasn't it Kanou's plan? The Defense Minister?

Manga tertiary here.
>>
>>134502241
Yeah, Kanou did it. However, Itami is a bona fide expert in escape and evasion. If he had his way, they would not even have gone to the resort to get attacked in the first place.

>>134502137
Japan's terms to allow access to the Gate are:

1) no arms (armed personnel will be shot on sight)
2) 1 million USD deposit per person sent over
>>
Next manga volume has been previewed on the dudes twitter. There's a character poll going on. And the anime got a short commercial.
>>
>>134502232
>The CIA team (not special forces troops, btw) also went in with 20 guys with SMGs and the best gear they could get against an estimated 3 guards, it's not their fault that their bosses panicked and rushed them in without proper intelligence.
They basically had two days before Pina went home. So 24 hours to plan and 1 day to execute the plan. All in all a crazy rush that ended in disaster.
>>
>>134502241
>>134502294
I was under the impression that Itami didn't just give out manga when he met up with Kanou, that inside the pages were plans as well.
>>
>>134502317
Yeah, they basically dragged everyone from the Far East CIA branch they could find and gave them black market guns and hoped for the best.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they went in alone, and if Kanou wasn't already expecting someone to make a move and put a special forces team on guard duty, but the window for action was very narrow and everyone was forced to move within it. It's like trying to run up a corridor with a machine gun covering it.
>>
>>134502391
In that case, it was purely manga. Kanou arranged the plan and wanted Itami to follow it so the SFGp bug zappers would kill all the foreigners trying to attack them and leave their third day free.

Note that it did not work either, all three countries had enough people left to make another run at them even after losing all their guys in Hakone.
>>
>>134501956
Nigel, is anyone working on new overlord drama cd?
And try to not work yourself too much on TLs , even robots need some free time. Thanks for your hard work.
>>
>>134502469
Our guy finished encoding the audio track yesterday and I went over it again today. Not sure when it's coming out, but there's something ready to be released.
>>
>>134501799
If you ignore the proof given in this thread you look like a retard.
>>
>>134502304
The commercial is wack. There was nothing new.
>character poll
Generic popularity poll or something else?
>>
File: img000026.jpg (681 KB, 1440x2150) Image search: [Google]
img000026.jpg
681 KB, 1440x2150
>>134502391

Nah, it was just the upcoming Comiket catalog, because Kanou is almost as much of an otaku as Itami, it would seem.
>>
>>134502595
Kanou is the one who initiated Itami into otakudom. He just doesn't have time to do anything because he's the fucking Minister of Defense.
>>
>>134502569
Generic? Far as I can tell, just check out the twitter.
>>
File: cutiebayashi.png (28 KB, 310x368) Image search: [Google]
cutiebayashi.png
28 KB, 310x368
kuri
>>
By the way, one of the decent Gate doujins finally got TLd. And I've seen another in the works that looks like it might be nice.
>>
>>134503908

>make a GATE doujin
>give Rory tits

fuckingwhy.exe
>>
>>134504178
The ones I've seen keep her pretty close to canon size. I don't read that other trash that throws cowtits on everyone.
>>
File: big_piñas.jpg (1 MB, 1096x1600) Image search: [Google]
big_piñas.jpg
1 MB, 1096x1600
I love the roman dresses.
>>
>>134504892
Shame the anime didn't keep them
>>
>>134504892
I love that the Nobles didn't give a damn about needing to pay the Japanese, because they know it wouldn't be THEIR money that would be taken. It would be the peasants who would take the burden as usual.
>>
>>134500934
I'm late to the party can some one explain the meme behind senpai desu romanji going on why are we doing it?
>>
>>134505103

It's a wordfilter from our nip overlord desu senpai.
>>
>>134505103
jackie 4chan made word filters on some words that basketball americans and fucciboi faggots occassionally use.
so, you'll be seeing more of
>senpai
>desu
>kek
>>
>>134505265
>>134505321
Thank you for the update.
>>
File: 35 years old.jpg (208 KB, 728x1042) Image search: [Google]
35 years old.jpg
208 KB, 728x1042
>>134505022

Let's not get into what the anime fucked up, we'd be here all night.
>>
>>134505053

I understood their lines as them being relieved not having to go French-style on their monarch.
>>
>>134505053
No, it would be their money. They are actually relieved that they are just going to lose money instead of all their power or even lives.
>>
>>134507626
>No, it would be their money. They are actually relieved that they are just going to lose money instead of all their power or even lives.
The GOVERNMENT would lose money. It would just mean they hand to embezzle less. And they could eve raise taxes and tell the peasants to suck it up and complain to the Japanese about it.
>>
File: img000027.jpg (1 MB, 1097x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000027.jpg
1 MB, 1097x1600
Time to choose your slutfu

I call dibs on the bunny with a cut ear.
>>
>>134507772
Dragon girl all day
>>
>>134507723
In ancient Rome, the emperor used his personal money for national spendings. Mostly what they looted from conquered territories, but still personal money. And people expected them to do it.
>>
>>134507908
>In ancient Rome, the emperor used his personal money for national spendings. Mostly what they looted from conquered territories, but still personal money. And people expected them to do it.
I am more amused by the problem with the gold mines. In that unless the JSDF is going to manage the mines themselves, the gold would have to be extracted with slave labour as per local tradition. But I guess the story never got that far.
>>
File: 03.jpg (436 KB, 800x1137) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
436 KB, 800x1137
>>134508096

Actually I'm pretty sure the Japanese/Sugawara didn't think this through, and firstly estimated the Empire's economy to be as big as a modern nation's one, and secondly that bringing 30 thousand fucking tons of gold in coin form into our world would totally not fuck up our own economies.
>>
>>134508423
>Actually I'm pretty sure the Japanese/Sugawara didn't think this through, and firstly estimated the Empire's economy to be as big as a modern nation's one, and secondly that bringing 30 thousand fucking tons of gold in coin form into our world would totally not fuck up our own economies.
You misunderstood. The amount of gold he is demanding is basone on the damages that Tokyo suffered. The calculation being similar to what Japan had to pay after losing WW2. It doesn't matter that the Empire can't pay tha much, what matters is that is how much Japan is demanding. You break it, you fix it.

Even Germany only just finished paying WW2 repatriations in the last decade. That kind of thing is non-negotiable. If you want peace, you pay the bills.
>>
>>134508963
>The amount of gold he is demanding is basone on the damages that Tokyo suffered

Even with the civilian losses, I have trouble believing that dudes with swords ravaged Ginza to the point an entire year of government spending had to go into rebuilding it, though.

How many people died in Ginza again?
>>
>>134509154
It wasn't presented too well, but the Ginza indecent lasted a whole week or two. That's a week of a army running around a densely populated area breaking shit and killing people.
>>
File: 10.jpg (401 KB, 800x1137) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
401 KB, 800x1137
>>134509296

Still, that sounds like WW2 Tokyo firebombing amounts of money to me.

But okay.
>>
>>134509455
Modern day economics are about bullshit amounts of money.
>>
>>134509455
>Still, that sounds like WW2 Tokyo firebombing amounts of money to me.
According to in-story calculations, the damage to Tokyo costs an estimation equivalent of the entire Japanese National budget. So it is a lot of money but it is also only the amount of money Japan spend every year.

That amount is still astronomical to the Empire of course. But by all accounts the diplomat isn't being cruel. He was just using internationally accepted repatriation math, and it also just means it would take a few lifetimes to pay off. As I say, this isn't unusual, Germany paid off the WW ONE debt in 2010. 960,000tons of gold.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/legacy-of-versailles-germany-closes-book-on-world-war-i-with-final-reparations-payment-a-720156.html
>>
File: 1327743961604.jpg (6 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1327743961604.jpg
6 KB, 210x230
>>134509800
>960,000tons of gold

I know it's a money equivalent but holy fuck

Why not make it a million just for it to look better
>>
>>134509943
You're asking them to increase it by 40k tons just because you want a nice even number
>>
So, I just started reading this and so far it's all JSDF soldiers one-shotting retarded romans. Does it ever get better?
>>
>>134509990

Like they had a choice in the matter.
>>
>>134510001
Yes.
>>
>>134510024
Still, when it comes to millions people start caring
>>
>>134510001
>one-shotting
Do you expect them to have HP like in games?
>>
File: 1296273899707.gif (111 KB, 140x133) Image search: [Google]
1296273899707.gif
111 KB, 140x133
>>134510024

Fuck I can see the scene in the wagon they signed the treaty in.

>"So you'll paaay... 960k tons of gold"
>"Wait, Pierre, that is not a round number"
>"You're right Winston, let's make that a million"

>German envoy's face
>>
>>134510147

I mean it's just badass JSDF steamrolling knights. It's boring. Does it stop being boring?
>>
>>134510296
No
>>
>>134494854
Yeah, I wouldn't expect much out of the author. I think you're giving him too much credit.
>>
>>134510296

It stops being about open warfare and more about diplomacy and otherwordly shenanigans later on.
>>
>>134501331
>Americans got their super secret special ops revealed by the fact they used black guys
kek
>>
>>134501620
>Itami becomes god of love alongside Rory and spends thousands of years performing Zeus-esque sexual acts on lovestruck maidens alongside his loli.
>>
>>134510797

>alongside his loli

Well Rory is "only" decades away from full godhood, with the shapeshifting powers that come with it.

Although shell stop feeling pleasure and pain.
>>
>>134510855
>goddess of love
>stops feeling pleasure

how does that work logistically though?
>>
File: img000006.jpg (700 KB, 1440x2150) Image search: [Google]
img000006.jpg
700 KB, 1440x2150
>>134510898

>worrying about logistics

Are you Napoleon?
>>
>>134501331

>that hideous typesetting
>that horrible english

ah yes, this was why I stopped reading
>>
>>134510757
Well I'm sure as hell Sasha and Bruce Lee isn't black so yea, logic.
>>
>>134511008
You'r body odor smells foul so you might as well stop breathing. Like forever.
>>
>>134511085
You're*
>>
>>134511058
Yeah but how dumb were americans that they didn't realize other countries don't have black peopl
>>
>>134509296
It took a week for the Jap Army to chase out some primitives in horses with pointy sticks?
>>
>>134494854
GATE is dogshit, why are you reading it?
>>
>>134511085
>>134511173

Not him, but nevermind the typo, what the hell do you even mean?

>>134511198

This man was one of the French casualties in Mali this year. It doesn't make sense.

>>134511338

Author hates politicians and put that on them being indecisive. See Diet broadcast chapter.
>>
>>134511378
Baito desu va.
>>
File: Thomas Dupuy.jpg (60 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Dupuy.jpg
60 KB, 700x394
>>134511435

forgot pic
>>
>>134511085

Judging by your immaturity and difficulty with basic sentence structure, I take it you're the translator/typesetter?

But seriously, GATE is popular enough to have a relatively successful anime. Why aren't there more groups scanlating it? Why do I have to put up with shitty fonts and bad translations?
>>
>>134512117

Because /ak/, I guess.
>>
>>134512117
>waaaa the freely translated and typeset manga I read isn't aesthetically pleasing

This is you. And the TL is fine.
>>
>>134507772
Lamia, dragon or angel
>>
>>134512328

>the written portion of the visual media I am looking at is visually unattractive

Typesetting and font choice are important parts of enjoying any comic or manga, anon.
>>
>>134512555
if it was a official volume I can go out and buy I would agree with you. But this is literally just a bunch of guys with a lot of free time.
>>
File: Hayate v02c19 - 163.png (167 KB, 690x1100) Image search: [Google]
Hayate v02c19 - 163.png
167 KB, 690x1100
>>134509990
>>
>>134512505

It's true Mizari's hot, but you have to make a choice anon.

Only that much space in your suitcase.
>>
>>134512650
But it's hard to choose, they're all hot and nice girls, anon.

Alright lamia
>>
File: 1297361285819.png (110 KB, 900x891) Image search: [Google]
1297361285819.png
110 KB, 900x891
>>134512505

>four armpitjobs at a time

oh my
>>
>>134512691
you're going to get a big suitcase for that
>>
File: 1439853413868.jpg (353 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439853413868.jpg
353 KB, 1400x1000
>>134512738
>>
File: img000020.jpg (1 MB, 1095x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000020.jpg
1 MB, 1095x1600
>>134512650

Mizari is paid love but worth the price

dem tits holy shit
>>
>>134509800
Also Ginza is a luxury shopping district so there's a whole load of losses to be made there
>>
They're whores not your waifus.
>>
File: Think of the monster girls.jpg (62 KB, 371x480) Image search: [Google]
Think of the monster girls.jpg
62 KB, 371x480
>>134513110
they can't be both?
>>
>>134511435
>Author hates politicians and put that on them being indecisive. See Diet broadcast chapter.
That's retarded and the manga is better for not having that.
>>
>>134512826
Nah, she's probably the worst hooker of the lot. Boring and not even cute.
>>
>>134513110

The harpy Tyuwaru had a boyfriend.

Until he died trying to protect her from Zorzal's men, who then proceeded to rape her almost to death right next to his cooling body.
>>
>>134513313
>the manga is better for not having that

Again, see the Diet chapter. His most hated politician is the short-haired cunt.
>>
File: 1439211002548.png (108 KB, 661x720) Image search: [Google]
1439211002548.png
108 KB, 661x720
every thread without fail
>>
>>134513496

No "Persia scratched Itami" since last summer though.
>>
>>134513526
You shut your whore mouth and never bring that up again.
>>
>>134513434
The diet chapter is fine. The idea that they took a week to chase out an invading army because hurr politicians is too fucking stupid, and the manga not having that is an improvement.
>>
>>134513110
Actually since monstergirls are treated like shit and they have already seen the bad part of life, if you were one of the soldiers you could get one she would probably be one of the most loyal waifus ever.
>>
>>134513586
>I got out of the military too early to meet monstergirls

fuck
>>
>>134513586
And you could get one*
>>
File: l016.jpg (322 KB, 726x1033) Image search: [Google]
l016.jpg
322 KB, 726x1033
>>134513586

But the JSDF doesn't go to the whorehouse.

>>134513549

Kuribayashi is 35 years old.
>>
>>134513651
>But the JSDF doesn't go to the whorehouse.
They practically own it now anyways.
>>
>>134513651

>these hard nipples

my dick, everytime
>>
>>134513651
>But the JSDF doesn't go to the whorehouse
So?

Also didn't they move to the base? It has been a long time since I read it.
>>
>>134513715
>Kevlar-piercing titties

She's a real keeper alright. Too bad she's kind of a dumbass, but I guess gentlemen prefer them that way.
>>
>>134513783
>>Kevlar-piercing titties
fyi she's just wearing a shirt there
>>
>>134513755
>Also didn't they move to the base?

No, or >>134513366 wouldn't have happened when she tried to run away.
>>
>>134513827
Oh well, whatever, they own the place as other anon said and they have patrols and such, not that difficult to talk with one.
>>
File: vvv.jpg (115 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
vvv.jpg
115 KB, 800x600
>>134513680
I want a bunny girl rape and genocide/enslavement doujin already.
>Humiliating the queen Kuroinu style in front of her subjects
>>
>>134514477
And then there's this faggot
>>
File: cscc.png (221 KB, 523x380) Image search: [Google]
cscc.png
221 KB, 523x380
>>134514523
>faggot
>wanting to see girls fucked endlessly

ok brother how's your family?
>>
>>134514796
>muh rape
>muh humiliation
I bet you like NTR as well
>>
>>134514843
Go back to pornhub you literal child pinkpenis.
>>
>>134514919
After you
>>
File: 1390765219645safe.jpg (351 KB, 996x900) Image search: [Google]
1390765219645safe.jpg
351 KB, 996x900
>>134514796

The bunnies have already suffered too much.

I want a proper doujin of them going banzai on the empire.
>>
>>134511338
>It took a week for the Jap Army to chase out some primitives in horses with pointy sticks?
Keep in mind that the majority of the attackers were captured alive, and most of the work is done by the police force. Also, it IS their own Capital and they aren't going to blow up their own city just to kill the invaders.
>>
>>134515057
Not to mention the enemy army was what, a couple hundred thousand large?
>>
>>134515085
So? They're a big organized army facing squads of riflemen. Body count would be fucking high fucking fast.
>>
>>134515085

No, they were severel dozen thousands with never seen life forms liko orcs and ogres.

Which is why the Imperial army is still crippled monthas after Ginza.
>>
>>134515085
>Not to mention the enemy army was what, a couple hundred thousand large?
I think the attack force was 10,000, but out of them 6,000 were captured alive. They were basically arrested, literally.

Pina was SHOCKED at the number of prisoners. She probably thought the Japanese would have killed most of them by now.
>>
>>134512505
>four hands
She could fuck herself with three dildos in the mouth, vagina, and ass, and still have a hand left over for her bean.
>>
>>134515270
Pina was shocked that the prisoners weren't eroge-level cum toilets like the people they captured.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.