[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks like we're getting a Blame! anime if Nihei's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Looks like we're getting a Blame! anime if Nihei's word is to be trusted.

http://blog.screenweek.it/2015/11/lucca-2015-tsutomo-nihei-ci-mostra-in-esclusiva-un-concept-art-della-serie-animata-di-blame-481798.php

>Nihei ci svela che รจ in produzione la serie animata di Blame!, realizzata come Sidonia, e che sta curando la realizzazione dei concept art
>Nihei reveals that the animated series is in production of Blame !, realized as Sidonia, and that is overseeing the creation of the concept art
>>
>3DCG Blame
time to kill myself.
>>
>>133403934
The short in Sidonia wasn't that bad was it?
>>
>>133403654
>realized as Sidonia
?
What does the mean? Same style, if so please kill everyone responsible and get some skilled animators for nihei.
>>
>>133404302
It's Google Translate, I suppose.
They're saying it will be made in the same style as Sidonia, so get to killing.
>>
>>133404302
Realized is too literal of a translation there, what they're saying is basically "done like Sidonia," so yes, it means it will probably be CG/same studio.
>>
>To Blame and BIOMEGA never thought of a narrative structure, it had not been established at the beginning. The story was created along the way. To Sidonia he has faithfully followed the story he had conceived

kek, how many people will argue against this?
>>
>>133403654
Wow, this news stings my eyes a little. Is Japan becoming like Hollywood and destroying everything precious for money?
>>
>>133404975
Probably.
The rebuilds.
The franchise milking for a lot of other series/mangos.
The stagnation in themes.

Before this, the latest news that made me die inside a little a lot, actually was the announce of an FLCL reboot by Production I.G.
Literally why.

On the other hand I'm a bit curious to see how they handle it.
I think that 3DCG is very fitting for Blame architecture. Not really for characters yet, but in Blame! those are a second thought and not so important.
The protagonist of the anime is the megastructure, and I'm curious, I want to hear it breathe, the sounds of the builders, to see how it move.
I think that the megastructure, being more "alive" than a simple building, may benefit from being animated.
Or at least I hope.

Also thanks OP for starting a thread with the link I posted in the Netflix thread, I was too shy to do it.

Also, for who understands niptalk or italian, the part where Nihei reveals the Blame anime is around 30 minutes in the video.
>>
>>133405736
>I want to hear it breathe, the sounds of the builders

One of the best parts of the Sidonia anime was its sound direction, so I'm sure they'll do well with that aspect.
>>
Which makes me think:
What do you guys listen to when rereading Blame! ?
This is what "felt right" for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpHf4X7FNM

But I want to see what other /a/nons listened to, if they did.
>>
>>133404789
I feel Nihei probably had come up with some idea of Blame's narrative after Killy and Cibo came into contact with the Governing Agency for the first time

he knew he wanted cyborgs and the safeguard to be important to the setting, at the very least
>>
>>133404789
Hopefully nobody, it's pretty evident, at least in Blame! and Sidonia.
Like, who was the girl with the dog in the first chapter, and why does she never appears again?
It's evident she was there to make it feel like there was something bigger behind the story that was just starting, but then Nihei just forgot about her.

When asked about her in the Q/A he just answered he had no idea who she was.
>>
File: niheianswerscropped.png (461 KB, 1392x5797) Image search: [Google]
niheianswerscropped.png
461 KB, 1392x5797
Also, this reminds me to post this.
I was at the Q/A and brought back some answers.
I wrote them in a Blame! thread a couple of days ago, and since I'm lazy I just screenshot it and I'm gonna post it in Blame!'s threads for a while.
I hope it's not too annoying, but I think someone maybe want to see the answer to questions they had and I tried to ask.
I'm talking to you too, developer bro
>>
>>133406088
Thanks for screencapping, that's very interesting. I am enthousiast for the anime too.
>>
>>133406310
No problem, saves me time too.
>>
>>133403654
I started reading it yesterday, it's so good
>>
>>133407030
Thread is on life support
/a/ kinda disappoints me
>>
>>133403654
>we
>>
File: Blame! v04 c19 - 004.jpg (155 KB, 690x1100) Image search: [Google]
Blame! v04 c19 - 004.jpg
155 KB, 690x1100
Finally, even if it's cg I'll take it, a reason to live
>>
>>133409903
Yes, "we".
Even if you'll not watch it, you'll probably have access to it.
>>
Why do they have this horrible tendency to ruin manga with anime adaptions? It's like Hollywood's tendency to ruin original stories with crappy, rewritten rip offs.

I guess it's money, but it still makes me mad.
>>
>>133403654
Pls no. Considering the shitfest surrounding Sidonia's ending, I can't imagine what would happen if the anime fans find out about Blame!'s ending.
>>
File: 1375799861588.png (2 MB, 1393x928) Image search: [Google]
1375799861588.png
2 MB, 1393x928
>>133403654
>CG Blame!
Why.
>>
>>133404975
>Is Japan becoming like Hollywood and destroying everything precious for money?

>becoming

How new are you anon?
>>
>>133410096

This is so stupid, an adaption doesn't ruin the source material, the Watchmen movie(which is good btw) doesn't retroactively ruin the book. The book is still there, just same as ever.

what kind of moron logic is this?
>>
So is it going to be made by polygon just like Sidonia?

Don't they have already have their hands full with aijin or whatever Manga they are already adapting?
>>
>>133411777
Listening to the interview it's not clear if he's saying "as Sidonia" just to reiterate that it's an anime, or if he's meaning with the same 3DCG and same studio.
The translator fumbles quite a bit when translating that part.
I'd love for someone speaking Japanese to listen from 31:00 to the end to confirm what Nihei is saying.
>>
File: 1419755371519.png (71 KB, 198x235) Image search: [Google]
1419755371519.png
71 KB, 198x235
>>133403654
>CG Blame!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.