[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Daicon IV the greatest animation ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 565776.jpg (53 KB, 531x372) Image search: [Google]
565776.jpg
53 KB, 531x372
Is Daicon IV the greatest animation ever made?
>>
I only meant to stay a while
>>
>>124362022
Twiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
>>
>>124363176
best soundtrack too
>>
THE VISIONS DANCING IN MY MIND
THE EARLY DAWN
THE SHADES OF TIME
TWILIGHT CALLING THROUGH MY WINDOW PAAAAAANE
>>
no
it's good though
>>
No, but that doesn't stop it from being absolutely amazing.
>>
No.
>>
There's something just really fascinating about 80s otaku.
>>
>>124362022
I still have it my folder and watch it from time to time.
>>
>>124362022
One of my all time favorites. Nothing says "imagination is boundless" to me more than the coming of age story of Daicon III and Daicon IV
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY3Bs7gZiNg
>>
>>124362022
Right Now Bunny Girls Rule.
>>
Did it propagate the Bunny Girl fad?
>>
>>124363633
>>124363633

You'd love Aoi Honoo then. It's a J-Drama about Anno and the making of Daicon
>>
>>124362022
it's the most important divide in anime history
>>
It's the definitive moment when anime grew up
>>
>>124362022
No, but I really enjoy it and would love to own a LD of it.
>>
I've never seen anything else made that could express genuine love of animation as well. The amount of talent in the it is also exceptional. 30 years old and it looks better than anything that aired this season. Every frame bleeds passion.

The whole thing is a message of love that encompasses all genres even western animation gets affection. The lyrics message about immersion and the barren landscape being rejuvenated are literally the best use of metaphor ever put in anime.

10/10 Masterpiece

A masterpiece.
>>
>>124362022

Probably. I literally tear up every time i watch it.
>>
I think it's worthy of being called art in the way a lot of anime isn't.
>>
>>124362022
"Time" by ELO became one of my favorite albums after watching it.
>>
File: DontTreadOnMe.gif (3 MB, 266x182) Image search: [Google]
DontTreadOnMe.gif
3 MB, 266x182
>>124362022
>>
It invented a ton of tropes we see in anime today.
>>
It's basically the big bang theory if it was a music video.

All references to nerd culture.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.