[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What fansub group do you miss the most?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
What fansub group do you miss the most?
>>
>>121243749
SHiN- Subs
>>
Most old groups were absolute shit, worse than the ones we got now (>inb4 muh nostalgia). I only miss DVD/BD groups like a.f.k and ANE.
>>
Commie
>>
>>121243749

I heard [gg] stopped subbing stuff so probably them. They put out pretty good BD/DVD stuff.
>>
>>121244007
>(>inb4 muh nostalgia)

get that gay shit out of here
>>
>>121243749

CA. No fucking drama or bullshit, simple yellow fonts, accuracy. Pretty much the complete package on how to run a respectable fansub group.
>>
>LIME Ichigo Mashimaro
>Inb4 that copypasta
>>
>>121244190
It's official now that [gg] is over?
I've always felt like they were in their death throes, but it makes me sad to see them finally leave.
>>
File: 374973498.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
374973498.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
no one could ever replace gg in my heart
>>
>>121243749
am i banned?
>>
File: 1421108178895.jpg (605 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1421108178895.jpg
605 KB, 1280x720
>>121243749
I just miss karaoke subs
>>
>>121243749
Mostly just various small groups that subbed older stuff that inevitably died
Too many groups just dogpile onto all the currently airing shows even if they already have like 5 groups subbing it, while a lot of stuff remains unsubbed even as far up as the 2000's
>>
>>121244604
Yeah. Koda is actually into superwholock shit and is begging for vidya money on kikestarter now.
>>
There aren't really any groups I miss significantly more than most, I just miss having an alternative to horriblesubs for most of the seasonal stuff.
>>
Why is a.f.k so well remembered? Was it because of Haruhi?
>>
>gg

Not ever will I forget those first Jojo episodes with all those britbong words.
>>
>>121245214
For very good translations of Haruhi and Lucky Star, which were better than the official Bandai DVDs AFAIK. They were also a "muh xvid 300p hardsubs" group 'til the end unfortunately.
>>
[DameDame]

fucking autistic kids ruined everything
>>
UTW.

Just kidding, second only to Eclipse as most overrated sub group in history,
>>
a.f.k, BSS, GG
>>
>unironically liking gg
>>
>>121246149
>ironically liking ANYTHING
Slay thyself.
>>
Say what you will about gg, they stepped up and delivered SZS, Star Driver, Penguindrum, and Joshiraku when no others would.

Also some of their commercials were pretty cute.
>>
Commie before their subs got so fucking slow there's literally no point waiting for them anymore.
>>
I honestly wanted a.f.k. to do all the SZS episodes. None have done subs better than them
>>
Good BD groups.
>>
Duwang.
>>
Cellphone^2

It was pre gg or some shit
>>
>>121243749
Anime-Fansub, was one of the best group in 2000-2001, nowadays their editing/formating would look like shit.
>>
[Rumbel]

Ginatama isn't the same without them
>>
Daiz
>>
Central Anime.
>>
Can we start shitposting already?
>>
>>121246873
No.
>>
>>121246873
Yes.
>>
>>121246873
maybe
>>
I'm pretty sure I had a pic with the sub groups evolution (which ones where the original parent groups and their sussesors when they split or dissappeared) but can't find it anywhere.
>>
gg for the jormungand OP subs
>>
>>121243749

By the of end of the year, Fansubbing will be completely dead.

There's like two/three active groups at the moment; FFF, Commie, Cthuko. They split the season between themselves and still can't cover more than 6-10 anime every season. They can't compete with [HS] ripping straight from Funi or CR. I mean [HS](by looking at downloads alone) usually are 2 or 3 times more favored than the next group(if there's even one doing that series).

I understand the BD/DVDs come out and some groups will subs these specifically so Anime will still be saved.

>inb4 HorribleSubs is a fansub group.
>>
>>121247846
There isn't much point in trying to compete with horriblesubs when so many people just download whatever is available first, which is the cause of this entire situation.
>>
>>121248146

Yeah. We dug ourselves into quite a little shit-hole. Eventually [HS] is going to go down(TPP, Priacy laws, Funi/CR actually doing something) and then there's going to be little to no alternatives.

We have only ourselves to blame.
>>
File: 1405627929175.jpg (1 MB, 2198x1585) Image search: [Google]
1405627929175.jpg
1 MB, 2198x1585
>>121247846
Will not watch Funi rips. Even if I have to wait 4 or 5 days I will download something else, the fact that loads of faggots from reddit, gaia, tumblr and other shitholes do is the reason why you see such a disparity in download numbers. They will always grab what comes out first, if they even download at all.

But yes, subs are pretty much dead. I just hope that there's someone around to pick the the gems that Funi and CR don't pick up, and that there are still going to be good BD subs. Imagine if there was no one left to sub BD releases.
>>
>>121248323
Horriblesubs could open source their scripts if they get into legal trouble, then anyone with a CR account could take up the torch.
>>
>>121248383

>will not watch Funi rips

That's pretty commendable. Yeah I am part of the problem but the alternative is waiting or getting [CR] or Funi membership...which I am sure I'll have to do in the coming years anyway.

Or just not watch seasonal anime; focus on the back-log and wait for BD subs.

>imagine if there was no one left to sub BD releases.

No I won't. That effectively means I won't be able to watch anime.

>>121248463
>HorribleSubs
>OpenSource

Yeah and tomorrow I'll wake up and waifu will be real.
>>
coalguys
>>
>>121248323
>Eventually [HS] is going to go down(TPP, Priacy laws, Funi/CR actually doing something) and then there's going to be little to no alternatives.

Everyone panicked when Elitist Fags shutted down, and then pretty much nothing changed. I think this >>121248463 could be the natural course, or actual fansubbing could make a comeback.
>>
>>121248383
>the fact that loads of faggots from reddit, gaia, tumblr and other shitholes do
People here watch Funi too. No one wants to be 5 days late (or 2 months late in the case of psycho pass 2, for example) to the discussion.
I'm just glad there are still groups willing to work on shows that funi sub.
>>
So does this mean more of you fags will be learning Japanese or are you going to continue to cry about how the sub scene is getting worse and worse for years to come?
>>
File: mass.jpg (87 KB, 640x1048) Image search: [Google]
mass.jpg
87 KB, 640x1048
Anime-junkies.
>>
I miss the sponsor parts at the start and end, and the ads that in the middle that gg would leave in.
>>
>>121249008

both
>>
>>121249088

It's like they used Google Translate...

>>121248782
I would sub quality has certainly declined over the last couple years as well.
>>
>>121248383
i think you watch anime long enough to begin learning japanese.
>>/djt/
>>
>>121244007
but afk only subbed tv rips in sub 480p.

I miss the old glory days with DB, Shinsen-subs, The Triad, AonE, Menclave, ANBU etc..
>>
>>121248782
"Nothing changed" because EF's cap server (i.e. Eclipse's) was still active and the fansubbers who mattered could still ask for access to the server. Since then, there's only been one person to reattempt public TS distribution on a similarly massive scale, and he stopped after about one or two seasons.

It's a lot harder to get transport streams nowadays if you don't already live in Japan or know people who have capbox access, partly also because transport streams show up less often on Share/PD too.

Encoding from CR or Daisuki is sometimes a viable option, but even so, small/new sub groups with no connections are having difficulty obtaining transport streams to encode from when reencoding CR/Daisuki is not possible.

Basically, if what happened to EF is any indication, no one will pick up the slack if HS dies. I don't believe this to be the case, but I just wanted to point out that your analogy is flawed.
>>
>>121248731
oh yeah, I love me them 500 GB downloads
>>
HorribleSubs. Why they still haven't released Anime de Wakaru Shinryounaika despite CR is simulcasting it?
>>
GG because Koda was a hottie
>>
>>121245142
And it worked.
>>
>>121247846
>There's like two/three active groups at the moment; FFF, Commie, Cthuko

There's Vivid, Underwater, and caffeine.
>>
>>121243749
Your Mom.
>>
I remember there was a time when a show getting oversubbed was a problem.

That's a problem I wish we have now.
>>
>>121248923
The anime still comes before the discussion for me, especially these days. And Funi is eyecancer, CR I can deal with; it's not too bad.
>>
>>121243749
Lunar with their little splash screens.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.