[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to think that everything is dead and insentient.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
I'm starting to think that everything is dead and insentient.

I'm looking once again at the famous question, 'is God dead?'

This isn't athiesm, as the idea of athiesm is just another mechanical, lifeless thought.

When you say 'God is dead,' that's not to say that he doesn't exist but that his state is that of insentience.

Is this a legit world view? Is there a religion where you can think this kind of thing?
>>
>I'm starting to think that everything is dead and insentient.

Umm, every puppy, every tree, every fish, every bacteria on Earth is dead? Along with everything else?

If everything is dead, the whole dichotomy of live/dead makes no sense and is meaningless.
>>
>>17927125
>Umm, every puppy, every tree, every fish, every bacteria on Earth is dead? Along with everything else?
Well the mechanics of the puppy's blood chemistry and so on is mechanical and potentially insentient.

>If everything is dead, the whole dichotomy of live/dead makes no sense and is meaningless.

That would be awesome.

Maybe these things really are alive but seeing them as dead might be a legit worldview to slip into.
>>
>>17927105
Everything in the universe is an energy construct.

Energy can not be created or destroyed, the acts of creation and destruction themselves are only descriptions of energy transformations.

Energy in general is not sentient, and not alive, but everything that is and ever will be is born from its chaotic womb.
>>
>>17927171

You have to get your operational definitions in order. It appears you're a smart person with a horrible education.

Let's leave God out of this for a moment, because people have different definitions of God.

A hydrogen atom is sentient. A carbon atom is sentient. A diamond, composed of basically nothing but carbon atoms, is sentient. And so on.

It is the accumulation of these atoms, in. a particular form, that gives rise to sentient life.

What you're getting at, I believe, is the concept of determinism. You see sentient as being the concept of a thing with its own free will.

That's not what sentience is. Sentience is the idea of being able to perceive the world around you and respond to it.

Very generally speaking...

Inanimate matter
Animated matter
-Plants (non-sentient)
-Animalia (sentient)
-Humans (Intelligent life)
-all other animals (non-Intelligent life)

The question of whether even sentient beings have free will is an open question. Hope this helps.
>>
>>17927776

I didn't get quad 7s cause I made a typo. I meant inanimate/non-/sentient when discussing atoms. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm a little drunk.
>>
>>17927105
>>17927741
>>17927776
The world is at it's essence animistic, that is, Spirit (basically "God is everywhere and everything") inhabits every possible construct of reality, from the smallest quanta to the largest megacosms in the universe and beyond. Everything has a spirit. How to correctly tap into and cimmune with these animistic spirits is another story altogether, that's the tricky part.
>>
>>17927792

That's beautiful, and yes, on a quantum level, everything is in flux. But I didn't really mean atoms are sentient or animated :) see >>17927788
>>
creation is not this way...

if you read Genesis, Genesis says that if we have nothing else... by our very being we have the blessing of God:

>And God said, Let the waters bring foorth aboundantly the moving creature that hath life, and foule that may flie above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

>And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth aboundantly after their kinde, and every winged foule after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.

>And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and fill the waters in the Seas, and let foule multiply in the earth.

>And the evening and the morning were the fift day.
>>
>>17927776
>Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheepes clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

>Yee shall knowe them by their fruits: Doe men gather grapes of thornes, or figges of thistles?

>Even so, euery good tree bringeth forth good fruit: but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evill fruit.

>A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

>Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit, is hewen downe, and cast into the fire.

>Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
>>
>>17927105
Do you ever feel like the only sane man on Earth?

Lofty thoughts and philosophical ramblings are not my forte, but let me say this: Sometimes, I feel like we die when we are born, and we are born when we die.
>>
>>17927792
we're talking about reality ITT tho not feels
>>
>>17927989
>>17928007
Why did God kill my brothers unborn child? Why would an all-loving God create a world where children can die before they are born, or be horribly afflicted before their imminent deaths?

I can't touch God.
>>
>>17928013
Feels are part of reality. Goddamn normies! GTFO
>>
>>17928021
Maybe the soul or spirit of your brother didn't need a full life or body experience, but just a small blip of energy as part of a longer journey. There is life on many worlds and dimensions, perhaps he needed something that can only be gotten on earth, but already got it before being born.
>>
Satan will have you believe God is dead but he is very much alive. In fact, he is life itself.
>>
>>17928037
Oh, I know that the child's soul is probably fine. A brief sensation of pain, already forgotten to an infants mind.

However, the suffering that it has caused on those of us still living is eternal. I don't think you're the Anon I was replying to, but my question still stands.

Why would a sinless deity do this? This world of darkness is disgusting.
>>
>>17928054
I don't think deities are necessarily sinless. Ive seen some disturbing shit in the spiritual realms all over the place. Sometimes people put forth their best efforts, and still get killed betrayed hurt etc. That suffering is a gift in a way, to show that entity it really meant something to those people. The feelings aren't waisted. Things are kind of confusing, but trying to manifest stuff on the physical from the spiritual can fuck a lot of shit up for the people actually living there.
>>
>>17928021
i don't know. it is a mystery to me as well. i think that in the end all things will be good existentially for everyone. a Christian man named Origen also thought such things...

you know? i did not feel this way before I was a Christian
>>
>>17928069
I think you're either underage, or an idiot.

>>17928039
God is life itself, but he is also death. God created rape, poisons, SIDS, harlequin babies, people with brains pre-wired for sociopathic natures and psychopathy, ais, cancer, etc. etc.

How can a God that claims to be totally free of sin, create a world full of sin? In the beginning, there was darkness. The Darkness hasn't gone away.
>>
>>17928037
anon, what do you know about other worlds and dimensions?

>>17928054
that is a good point that the suffering is still alive with you

God is real. He makes Himself known, like He did to me just now.

perhaps He is telling me "magic is real"... but i cannot comment one way or another on magic. i've never dabbled in it because i don't think it is profitable. i think that following God is the most profitable thing for a person

i love you, whoever you are. i'm sorry for your loss. if you want to converse with someone online every my e-mail is [email protected]
>>
>>17928069
that is amazing, God must be sending me some pretty powerful experiences today
>>
>>17928105
If God's real, I want him to piss off and leave us alone.

I am grateful for your kindness, but don't take it the wrong way when I say that I'd rather not talk with you any more.

Also, I sincerely hope that email doesn't contain your real name. Putting your name out online is a boneheaded thing to do.
>>
>>17928134
yeah right. God is with me. I have nothing to hide nor do i fear any man. (or any lovely females)
>>
>>17928021

Who says your brother's unborn child has been afflicted? The only afflicted ones are those mourning the loss of the child.
>>
>>17928164
I wasn't speaking of that specific child, I meant in general. There are some horrific conditions that children can be burdened with before they die.
>>
>>17928177

Fair enough. It's because God's creation involves randomness (to say nothing of man's evil deeds causing most of the pain and suffering in the world). It has to, in order for humans to have free will and be truly conscious, 'independent' beings.

God could have created the Universe so everything was completely perfect in all ways. But then we would be nothing but androids, without choice. And then the Creation would serve no purpose.
>>
File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2 MB, 1956x2940) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2 MB, 1956x2940
>>17927105
Sounds like nihilism. But I've never really bothered with it.

What about you, then? Are you dead? Are you insentient? Then what of the thoughts you're thinking? Whence came the thoughts?

I tend to view the opposite: everything's alive.

But I think in either case, the question arises, in what sense are you different? Or are you different at all?

I've never really studied philosophy as I've always meant to, but I remember something about Descartes' assertion, "Cogito ergo sum." I think, therefore I am.

Of course, even that can fall into question when you consider that you are the summation of your experiences and influence from others. Your family, your friends, your schoolmates and coworkers, the media, the opinions of some asshole you encountered in a restaurant or online. Perhaps the personal self is a lie, asserted for the sake of convenience of designating a unit of flesh?

I've always meant to delve more into philosophy, but I think without preparation or understanding you can risk dwelling upon something too much, and it can break you. The best thing I have learned, at least, is that if it's all a game... we may as well play along. It's far more entertaining.
>>
>>17928090
nothing can exist without its polar opposite
>>
>>17928316
You are delusional.
>>
>>17929715
The second belief is actually the most logical take on religion I have ever heard if you really think about it
>>
>>17928743
What is the polar opposite of a wrench? A pizza? A seahorse?
>>
>>17929702

Au contraire, my beliefs are based on logical deductions.
>>
>>17928090

You seem to have a very immature conception of God. You speak as if your brother in laws fetus dying is in fact a bad thing, when we very well could've been the rapist or pre-wired psychopath you just ranted against.

This also presupposes that biological life and death are what they seem to be and that there isn't a larger force at work. If you've ever swatted a fly, does that fly not have a right to life, but because you've deemed it a pest you think nothing of it. Wouldn't we be thought of in a similar manner to a much grander being?
>>
>>17927105
Maybe he committed suicide?
>>
>>17927105
>religion
No, but you can think it always and forever.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.