[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SUM/-Summoning General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: CANTWAKEUP.png (112 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
CANTWAKEUP.png
112 KB, 294x256
>unironic shitposting edition

Welcome to /sum/, this is the thread for anything to do with summoning angels, demons, and spirits for love, money, knowledge and power.

Want to sell your soul? Want to howl the secret names in the dead of night? This is your thread.

>PLEASE READ THE STICKY BEFORE >YOU POST: http://pastebin.com/ZHPM0KVz

It contains a complete step-by-step guide to your first Goetic evocation. Don't forget to post your experiences and results (or lack thereof) here so we can all learn from them. A special shout out to everyone who worked on it!

Summoners, would-be summoners, and innocent victims, all are welcome as long as you're respectful and stay on-topic.

Also, want to see some mojo before investing the energy to summon yourself? Email me at [email protected] and become a client! My services are 100% free and a complementary tarot reading is included if I take your case.

Have experiences with the spirits? Email me at [email protected] and help us build a database of spirits to summon, both those from the Lemegeton and beyond, that can guide younger /sum/mmoners to fortune and fame practicing the howling art.
>>
Inb4 horsegod
>>
File: orobas.jpg (20 KB, 270x314) Image search: [Google]
orobas.jpg
20 KB, 270x314
>>17893680
>>
File: kek1.jpg (3 KB, 127x115) Image search: [Google]
kek1.jpg
3 KB, 127x115
So /pol has been worshipping Bael
>>
>>17893686

Tlaloc.
>>
>>17893686
Yesterday he announced Kanye West would be president in 2020
>>
day & night realm not withstanding, if i should attempt today with a summon today being the 7th,
will i be heard & properly received? in need of a familiar. urgently.
>>
>tfw I only lurk these threads for the bird guy's gif/pics
>>
I remember someone in a previous thread asked how to incorporate metal into the ritual. What resource addresses that?

If a goetic's metal is copper, would it be helpful to just have a piece of copper in the circle with me? Or put it in the triangle?
>>
>>17893711
>tfw I started the orobas shitposting
>>
Is it possible to someone attract demons without doing rituals and such?
>>
>>17893737
yee

just get a triangle and shit and like bruh just nigga just say "ayy yoo demon nigga come to papa" and walk into the triangle and shit nigga
>>
>>17893744
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>17893709
i'll test waters then.
>>
>>17893744
>without doing rituals and such
>get a tri-
At least work on that shitposting
>>
File: 1460361021016.jpg (19 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
1460361021016.jpg
19 KB, 552x414
>>17893761
>As for Arbatel spirits, I personally wouldn't use GKOS to work with them.

Interesting you should mention this, great thread here where a guy did exactly that, and it appeared to work pretty well:

http://studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14130

I guess they're not exactly incompatible systems- the KOS has talismans for dealing with those spirits, and general purification and protection for dealing with them, and the Arbatel provides spirits to work with.

Intersting collection of links on Arbatel (some of them are missing, but a bit of googling will reveal what he's referring to):
https://seethingamongthesuits.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/everything-arbatel-digest-of-internet-links/
>>
>>17893780
Interesting.

And this guy http://www.theomagica.com/arbatel_ophiel/ actually uses things like hymns from PGM, someone else used Orphic hymns for them. Perhaps those spirit don't really care about how they are summoned, or it all is simply not needed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the method from Arbatel to summon them rather simple and it doesn't uses much equipment? Perhaps they could be evoked just using, circle, incense/mirror and the correct time?
>>
>>17893857
The instructions within the Arbatel itself are breddy straightforward, yeah. You can basically just use the opening and closing prayers if you want.

Thing is that Arbatel is just the introductory book of a much larger work, so there COULD have been much more involved in the other books, but they haven't come down to us. Different methods seem to work for it though.

I hear the Secret Grimoire of Turiel works with the same spirits but with a completely different structure, but I haven't read it
>>
I'm geniuinely interested.

You people who are so deep into this and discuss copper/metal/talismans and other ingredients to better enhance the effect of your summonings... what have you gotten out of this? This is either massive bait or you're so out of reality it's horrifying.
>>
>>17893876
So far I haven't gotten much of anything, aside from some confidence and motivation to make my life better, but that's enough for me.
>>
>>17893880

So you understand the fact that you have gotten confidence and motivation because you are doing something out of the ordinary (much like praying) believing in a higher power/entity hoping they will respond and take/give something in return?

Maybe you have gotten this because you finally believe in something that you are doing, much like you should believe in yourself without doing this. Maybe you believe in yourself and feel impowered because you finally have something to believe in that gives you confidence, much like people believe in themselves for that reason, and thus that is why they succeed in life. Maybe that's the whole point, to finally believe in yourself. Hm
>>
>>17893893
I come at this from the psychological angle, so most of what you just stated as if it was supposed to be some mindblowing fact was just a given for me.
>>
>>17893871
Now this is question - if Arbatel is really just part or something bigger, or all those books actually part of Arbatel, in those Septanaries? Liber Juratus actually does something similar, it gives long table of content with various things, but those are just various things discussed at different parts of the book, not actual chapters..
>>
>>17893905
Don't have my copy to hand, but iirc Peterson was definitely of the opinion that it was only one part of a larger whole that got lost- but the bit we have seems to be functional judging by the wide variety of evocation records around, so that's what's important I guess!
>>
>>17893905
>>17893918
All this becomes clear when referencing the goals of Abramelin.
>>
>>17893921
How so?
>>
>>17893921
Ugly man go away
>>
>>17893876
I will say that since doing this, I feel like I'm being tested more often. One of my deals with the demon was to become a better person.
>>
Anyone here like me who wonders how they gathered courage to actually summon something?
Sometimes I think back and go wow. Even /x/ spooks me sometimes
>>
>>17894124
I'm guessing it worked? Did it work first try?
>>
>>17893675
How exactly would I get someone to fall in love with me?
>>
>>17894281
Sitri
>>
>>17894285
Explain
>>
>>17894289
Prince Sitri, or Sallos, read the material in the pastebin.
>>
File: sigils.jpg (79 KB, 703x598) Image search: [Google]
sigils.jpg
79 KB, 703x598
/sum/ is dead? long live sum?
>>
>>17894540
nope.
>>
>>17894548
samefag reminding, patience is a virtue.
>>
How should I feel when doing the LBRP? Should I actually feel powerful? I mostly just feel silly.
>>
how long until ape crawls out of his containment thread, again, to shit all over the only good content on /x/ these days
>>
>>17894281
There's actually quite a few demons for this.

Here's a page where they're broken down by ability:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HELP.html
>>
>>17894615
Probably different for every person, but I feel a slight sense of cleanness, refreshment and calmness.
>>
>>17894632
Will it come with time or do I just not have the ego for it?
>>
>>17894635
Should come with time. Anyway LBRP is very short ritual ,take your time with it, say the words and draw the pentagrams slowly at first and concentrate at it, make sure you also start with east and not some other side, use compass if you are not sure.
>>
>>17894657
I will keep doing it a couple of times a day.
>>
>>17894622

...well akshually guise blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit...

we get it, you're the guardian of the ebooks, now summon us some freakin' old gods.
we don't need to hear how Crowley's translation of the Fagatron differed from Dee's codex of Niggertude.
just hook us up with some sexy horse genies.
>>
>>17894709
the geek squad said ape's posts gave my computer chlamydia.
>>
>>17894709
I asked him once to greentext a story about an evocation that he's done.

No answer, but he was back to name dropping 2 min later.
>>
>>17894734
he needs to back up his nonsense with a youtube video of him summoning some warhammer/cthulu hellbeast. and then let it fuck him.
then will he be redeemed. until then he's just some autist memorizing arcane pdf files between cult meetings.
>>
>>17894709
kek

>>17894615
whilst doing it i feel pretty calm. it helped when i started singing/chanting the words and not just speaking because the effects feel more palatable in the body
>>
Can anyone recommend a book that explains the concept of angellic invocation in clear english? I wasn't really impressed when I read Dee's nuts
>>
i'm sorry that was mean.
i had a bad day and am just being an asshole. sorry ape. you're alright by me and i have no quarrel.
>>
>>17894749
I too wish there was a quick and dirty enochian guide. Maybe once I get more experience, I'll give it a shot.
>>
File: 1462064639722.png (28 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1462064639722.png
28 KB, 480x451
>>17894755
Maybe Ape used his magicks to make you apologize.
>>
>>17894795
he softened my heart like Moses tried to do to Pharaoh.
he is truly a master.
>>
>>17894814
but I was out of line. i went too far. i feel bad.
>>
Does anyone get depression days - days that just collapse in on you for no real reason? You'll be doing well and then just bam! all your problems you thought you were over come back to haunt you and it just breaks you and it takes you a full on week to crawl out of the rut that you suddenly and inadvertently made for yourself?
>>
did everyone lose interesting summoning? where are the summoners?
>>
What demon can help with making friends? I'm moving soon.
>>
>>17895059
Try praying to the god of lonliness
>>
>>17895059
You can always just befriend the demon.
>>
>>17895059
Create a Tulpa.
>>
File: 1436070507355.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1436070507355.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>17894629

Man something weird happened when looking at all this.

Like, first I felt really drawn to all this. Like really, fully drawn into this. I felt almost high and had the strongest urge to complete the ritual. I so wanted this to be real.

I have no idea what the fuck just happened. I don't even believe in this stuff but I wish it were real.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 9650x3250) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 9650x3250
>>17895107
>>
File: 1456633493046.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456633493046.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>17895059
>Barbatos
Win over friends esp. those in power.

>Ipos
Makes you witty and bold.

Should be successful, as long as you put in the effort and sincerely want it.
>>
>>17895107
Maybe something it calling you. If you really want to transmute those feelings/hunch into something great, consider dedicating your time into doing this correctly.

study.
>>
>>17895141
*something is
>>
>>17894912
I used to get that way but now I just feel infinitely stuck between lethargy and disgust. It's pretty hard to shake off but I try to distract myself.
>>
Does anyone hear have experience with familiars? I'm interested in asking for one, and I'm wondering if you guys can tell me how you got one, how it acts, what it's like with one, etc.
>>
Every time I read about solomon I get goosebumps. |Anyone else or I'am just autistic?
>>
File: 1467953439392.jpg (105 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1467953439392.jpg
105 KB, 960x540
>>17895225
I've never heard or read one word about Solomon

I know a lot about him, though.. uh.. somehow..
>>
File: 20160708_023920.jpg (754 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160708_023920.jpg
754 KB, 2560x1440
>>17893675
Trying to gaze upon orobas's sigil before beddynight time in hopes something will happen

Last night was a dud. I was using a shittier drawn sigil. How does this one look? Anything besides "gazing" i should do? Should i tidy my room. I rather not call him if im gonna get my shit wrekt for having a messy table.
>>
>>17895271
A lucid/vivid phrophetic dream would be nice but i want a lucid dream where i actually get to speak with him. Also tilt your head faggots
>>
>>17895271
You have the blueprint but don't forget the gunpowder. Whatever that means.
>>
>>17895281
WHaT dO yOU meAn?
>>
>>17894629
>http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/

Oh wow.
>>
>>17895059
>I need to evoke demons to make friends
>>
>>17894990
I'm summoning tonight when the hour of the Moon comes round again. Will greentext the results.
>>
>>17895457
Good luck.
>>
hey guys in my dreams i was guided to satan after cuting a giant girls neck in her sleep and running through a pit of 1000's of werewolves that bit off my arms then when i was told to go in sombody was saing how the door wasnt there before and during this dream i rememberd having it before anyways after going through the red and black gates i ended up in library with a bunch of beings satan was sitting infront of the a laptop with eye of ra drawn on his face and he gave me a peice of paper and at the end it told me to entertain estasul. who is estasul/estasel/estasol and how do i go about inviting this being.
Also for a while now alot of stuff about Horus has been sortof drawing me in even if its like on a page with a link to another page witha link inside a word to another page to see somthing that has to do with Horus.
>>
>>17895564
It's just a dream.
>>
>>17894749
>>17894768
I've been in contact with an archangel for most of my life. Other spirits and angels, as well. These summoning guidelines will work for angels, but are ill-advised for unknown spirits or hostile entities. I'll try to detail how to contact one, with the caveat that it should work - - I've been in contact fluidly most of my life without any ceremony. I'll try to lay it out for anyone without prior experience.

>Neutralize yourself
>Open your third eye. Wait until you can feel the energies around you
(Yes, energies. They may manifest as feelings or miasmas, memories or outside thoughts. There are many in any given environment, this plane or another.)
>Tell the named angel in question you desire contact. Ask for a sign. Ask a question if you prefer.
Do not ask/demand self-gratifying desires. Angels don't work that way.
>Open your eyes, continue on with your day.

Signs are usually out of place ("huh"), welcoming. They give comfort and guidance, sometimes beautiful visions or a reassuring feeling when you feel something would never work. If there's anything /sum/ needs explained further about angel contact, I'll be here for a bit.
>>
>>17895676
How do you know it's actually an archangel that you are in contact with? Feelings, energies, and signs don't sound too convincing. What exactly can they do besides answering questions?
>>
>>17895570
a repeating one.
>>
>>17895570
it has repeated for decades to be exact once in a while before i even knew about the occult it was alredy happening in my childhood.
>>
>>17894755
oddly i laughed really hard last night and then i felt bad about it too this morning. ape is ok with me. sorry dude
>>
>>17895702
>How do you know it's actually an archangel that you are in contact with?
The cardinal energies have their own "signatures," the same as dark entities. However, only "beings of light" can confirm their allegiance and their names. Malicious entities can lie about their names, but never their status. Their energy "leaks" ill-intent, even if they pretend to be someone else.

>What exactly can they do besides answering questions?
They can make peace in bad situations, help heal past pains, help keep a positive outlook... They helped me find my home when I was lost as a child, helped me out of a bad relationship, helped me find peace when my grandparents died, and helped me connect with them. Miracles that bring peace are their specialties.
>>
i summon the summoners
>>
>>17895861
Your summons has been declined.
>>
>>17895747
>The cardinal energies

What exactly does "cardinal" mean, in your world?
>>
>>17894709
>i just wanna be an occultist, but I don't give a single wet shit about what the people who developed these practices has to say about them!

>>17894734
Or I've been posting the same fuckin' stories for five plus years and I got tired of reposting them after one.
Oriax:
>ex roommate decides to start making constant legal threats
>after I convinced those close to him not to take him to court
>won't stop
>have an object of his and decide I'm going to offer it up in Lemegeton
>head out to campus woods at appropriate hour with dude's book
>perform a planetary invokation, begin Bornless One.
>Complete operation, see Oriax slithering up a tree about 100 feet out, twisted around the trunk of a tree bracing himself with his arms against two others
>make offering and request, close, fuck off
>within a week he's in a car wreck that leaves him in the hospital with serious injuries

Like less than a month ago:
>four friends decide they need cash, time to summon Seere
>go out to their house at the appropriate hour, begin blending Dragon Book of Essex with traditional material, end up doing an invokation tied to Behenian stars rather than the planets.
>Finish Bornless, our orator begins the conjuring.
>our seer can't see it, so she requests me to improv
>use trishul to cajole the entity
>seer requests flogging
>we have a few whips and flogs, have the other woman use the smaller one with maybe 75 long rubber tines
>three strokes and we all 'feel' it.
>best I got was phantoms in the incense, our seer however was getting visuals and voice
>all parties involved get a windfall in some capacity inside two weeks (better late than never)

>>17894755
Yeah, fuck you too, kiddo.
>>
>>17893675
>http://pastebin.com/ZHPM0KVz

It doesn't specify what you're summoning, which one's demons, which one's angels? Confusing as "hell" heheh.
>>
can anyone point me to a way to summon a guardian? i mean like the simplistic 'spirit guardian' type that could give info.
>>
>>17895906
I think any demon'll do. Don't quote me I haven't evoked any yet. If you are truly fearless you can just evoke one and ask, they'll help you.
>>
>>17895901
Simple:
>Lesser Key aka Ars Goetia = "demons" (or "spirits" as the original texts called them)
>Ars Paulina = Angels.
>>
>>17895912
Thanks my nigga.
>>
>>17895912
And where do I find the ARS Paulina?
>>
>>17895912
just a qestion is there a greater key and if so what beings are in it?
>>
>>17895910
i'd rather not have a big risk of having my life turned into shit.
i am really just meaning , hopefully neutral, spirits to get another perspective on certain small knowledge and spiritual guidance. i think trying to get a demon for that is a bit of overkill.
>>
>>17895915
You guy's didn't actually read the sticky, did you?

Ars Paulina, three seconds on google, transcribed by the guy who transcribed the second recension linked in the sticky.

>>17895918
Yeah, there's a greater key, and it's almost entirely planetary work and pantacles.

http://sacred-texts.com/grim/kos/index.htm
>>
>>17895922
>>17895915
Ugh:
http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/paulina.htm

>>17895920
The original texts of Lemgeton, etc, use the inherently neutral term "spirit". "Demon" appears to be a later and later convention. But who cares, right? Obviously Astaroth's a demon of the pit and not the altered name of Asherah, ex-wife of YHVH and Semetic version of Ishtar.
>>
>>17895929
i have no idea what you are talking about so i don't know if you are just being snarky or actually helping me here. i'm not saying demons are bad, i was just under the impression that anything that would be considered a demon is powerful, and that that would be overkill for what i want. i wasn't dissing demons or something.
>>
>>17895937
>>17895929
>i wasn't dissing demons
>>17895929
>original texts of Lemgeton, etc, use the inherently neutral term "spirit".
For the hundredth time, easily, the entities of Lemegeton ARE. NOT. DEMONS.
Sloane MSS (sources for this material) use the inherently neutral term "spirit".
The word "Goetia" itself derives from the Greek practice of evokation of godforms, nature spirits, and ancestors.
>>
>>17895929
Wait, where do I find the Ars Paulina? I don't see it.
>>
>>17895958
>I don't see it
>>17895929
>paulina
>http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/paulina.htm
>>
>>17895929
>Astaroth

Ast* says alot.
>>
>>17895983
>The 29th spirit in order is Named Astaroth,
>Harl. 6483, and Sloane Mss. 2731, 3825, and 3648
>>
>>17895943
We should really take the angels and demons thing out of the OP. Its confusing, counterproductive, and attracts loads of edgelords and christfags who don't read the sticky.
>>
File: town-forest-table.jpg (979 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
town-forest-table.jpg
979 KB, 1600x1200
>>17895992
I'm not in charge here.
>>
>>17895992
Well, if we understand demons as daimon the thing changes, since a daimon is a broad term to call alot of spirits. Also there is alot more in the book like the Ars Theurgia Goetia and the Ars Almadel.
>>
>>17896005
If we're orienting our conversation around Daimons then let's actually use the term so that it doesn't:
>attract loads of edgelords and christfags who don't read the sticky.
Also, that that point it might be just as needlessly complexifying as we've got stuff like JSK's Geosophia which approaches the ancient Greek usage of these concepts.
>>
File: Minas_Morgul.jpg (87 KB, 704x704) Image search: [Google]
Minas_Morgul.jpg
87 KB, 704x704
>Summoning general
>its not about band called Summoning
>there will never be general about Summoning
>>
>>17895922
No where in the sticky does it say "Ars Paulina"

Nigga of course I read the sticky.
>>
>>17896020
>go back through the sticky
>assume that because it mentions Peterson the link is to his site and not a pdf of one of his many books
Fucking hell, I assumed the sticky linked to Esoteric Archives, it apparently doesn't. In any case Ars Paulina is in Henson's Lemegeton too, so yeah, pardon my incredulity at assertions of having read the sticky.
>>
>>17896027
Hey Ape, I've got a couple of few questions if you have the time. You're clearly knowledgeable so hopefully you can help.

What actually are legions? Are they just lesser spirits? I couldn't find anything about it, sorry if it seems stupid.

What is the significance of the number of legions? Is it just a case of more power = more legions?

Also, do you have any idea why Furcas is a knight and not just one of the ordinary ranks? Does this make him the weakest or is he exceptionally strong?
>>
>>17894540
I think for something to have any kind of power the craftsmanship would need to be a bit better than this. With shit lines like this a 4 year old with a pen held like a knife would be accidentally summoning demons twice a year.
>>
>>17896055
>What actually are legions? Are they just lesser spirits?
>What is the significance of the number of legions? Is it just a case of more power = more legions?
More or less, though more work could easily be done on the subject, most folks haven't.

>Furcas
Given the structure of the peerage of Lemegeton I'd venture a guess he's, generally speaking, weaker though may well be inclined to take orders or make war more easily than a prince.
>>
File: botis.png (6 KB, 241x170) Image search: [Google]
botis.png
6 KB, 241x170
im gonna post my most likely failed, (almost) entirely impulse-based attempt at summoning yesterday
>be me
>was regularly lurking this thread but stopped about a week ago
>read all the way to ch 8 of illustrated goetia and tried summoning with only candles in a triangle because i got mad about something that day and impulsively tried to summon botis to deal with my inability to talk to people / inability to keep a friendship for more than a month even though i didnt have shit to summon with
>obviously fails (but thats not what this is about)
>yesterday some shit happens irl, i get mad about how i want to do so much with my life but i dont have the energy to talk to anyone so i cant do anything
>late at night and still angry, attempt to summon again
>everything past this point is pure impulse
>i light 3 red candles in a triangle and light lavender incense in the middle
>attempting to summon botis because "He tells all things past, and to come, and reconciles friends and foes." and also im a virgo
>doesnt have any print out of botis so i suddenly get the impulse to draw his symbol on my chest with the melted wax from the candles
>play some drone music and display the pentagram of solomon on my phone
>say some shit like "please summon yourself before me botis" like 3 or 4 times
>i feel as though his presence is in the incense i put in the triangle
>talk about how my life is a complete mess and i need to be able to keep some stability with friends and to not just be a silent loner my whole life, and that i want to achieve this goal by the end of august

cont.
>>
>mention how id prefer him to not hurt my family but never directly express that he cant
>impulsively say a bunch of shit about how he can do anything he wants with my life as long as it changes something
>impulsively tell him he has permission to invoke into me
>impulsively break triangle because ive heard they dont like being trapped in the triangle and ive lost all control of my entire life
>impulsively start attempting to inhale the incense
>start just repeating a bunch of shit ive already said
>suddenly get impulse to cut myself with nearest pointed object, barely penetrates my skin bc it wasnt even that sharp but still leaves a cut on my middle finger
>tell him that if he wishes to he can leave now but that i have no care about whether he leaves or stays
>blow out all candles but let the incense burn out
>try to sleep but keep thinking about tons of random shit
>all the sudden hear deep voice in the back of my head
>basically just tells me that hes botis and that he will guide me through the goals ive asked for
>says something about how hes going to be in my dreams tonight
>wake up next morning tired as hell, i know i had a terrible dream that felt mostly unrelated to demons but the only thing i can remember from it was that there was some writing i noticed burned onto my leg that i assumed had some meaning
>trying to remember what it said but cant remember clearly enough, it felt like a different language though
>heard nothing from botis since

so /sum/ what do you think, did i summon something last night? did i do way too much risky shit and am probably gonna get fucked up later? did i just sell my soul and my entire life to a demon? am i just a fucking dumbass and nothing happened at all? i honestly cant fucking tell at this point and im assuming it didnt work because of how little preperation i had but it really did feel like something was there
>>
>>17896073
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Just another quick question if you don't mind. A lot of the demons are said to teach things to the summoner. Do you have any idea on the mechanics behind that? Like, would the spirit be teaching me on this plane or would I just automatically know everything that I asked?

I know it's mostly irrelevant as I'll find out soon enough, but I was just wondering if you had any experience/knowledge of it.
>>
>>17895968
Huh? What am I supposed to do with this?
>>
>>17896055
a legion was 3000-6000 men in the roman army, so they presumably have that many spirits working for them.
>>
Anyone have experience with the Ars Almadel?
>>
>>17896127
not the original poster, but I'm pretty sure ya read it man.
>>
>>17895457
>>17895459
>>17895861

Okay, just got done evoking Forneus. I feel like I did a terrible job but everything seems to have worked out. Here's the blow-by-blow:

> get all ready to summon
> go back over Forneus' description in the Illustrated Goetia
> He's a day demon
> Just fuck my shit up

This morning...

> Get up early, most of my prep still in place from last night.
> Put a chalice of homemade brine in the triangle, maybe it will make him feel more at home?
> When the hour of the Moon is upon me, start my ritual work
> LBRP, goes fine.
> GRP, thought I confused some of the pentagrams but they were correct upon review.
> Oh yes, this is the good stuff
> Conjure using the barbaric names, get them right thankfully.
> Incense smoke becomes distinctive, tight spiral, feel his presence, a sort of soothing damp.
> "I am here"
> Welcome, great and powerful Marquis, to this the meeting place of spirits. I have certain boons to request of you...
> "And they are?"
> I ask that you tutor me in the art of rhetoric, make me as cunning and eloquent as the serpent. Let me not stumble or pause while speaking, and allow me to speak to multitudes without fear.
> "You have no need for my help in this regard."
> roommate's fucking alarm goes off, and I can feel the presence of Forneus recoil in irritation.
> Please, oh great and powerful Marquis, I ask that you forgive this interruption and desert me not.
> "Give me a reason to stay."
> In exchange for one month of your boon, I offer you first well-worded praise of your abilities, crafted with all of my limited skill as a writer. I offer you also invocation before I swim in the sea, that you may feel the waves caress my skin. I shall also consider an ongoing pact with you if I am satisfied with our agreement.
> He is silent for a moment, as the alarm continues to blare. Truly a surreal moment. Finally, the alarm ceases.
> "I find your terms agreeable. Is there anything else?"

Continued next post.
>>
>>17896142
Aw, shit, forgot my trip. That post was me. To continue:

> I'm afraid, great Marquis, that I must bind you to faithfully execute this contract with the Hexagram of -
> "Is this really necessary?"
> I said, I bind you to faithfully execute this contract by the Hexagram of Solomon!
> roommate slept through his alarm, but me shouting at the spirit sure wakes him up.
> "I hope you're satisfied. May I go?"
> I give you license to depart, forgive my rudeness, do no harm to me or my loved ones, etc.
> Presence is no longer tangible.
> LBRP, flop down on the couch to write this.

I hope it made for interesting reading, at least.
>>
>>17894912
It's called bipolar disorder dude
>>
>>17896155
I'm still debating the necessity of the hex myself, unless youre summoning one who is known to not hold true to their promises.
>>
>>17895992
Noted. We will use the neutral term "spirit" in future threads.

>>17896014
> Also, that that point it might be just as needlessly complexifying as we've got stuff like JSK's Geosophia which approaches the ancient Greek usage of these concepts.

I just started this. I loved his Verum and the Testament of Cyprian the Mage. Thank you so much for referring me to JSK, I expect that further study will revolutionize my practice.

>>17896027
Would it be better to link to Esoteric Archives?
>>
>>17896114
>Do you have any idea on the mechanics behind that? Like, would the spirit be teaching me on this plane or would I just automatically know everything that I asked?

The former. Don't worry too much for now about the mechanics. You don't have enough data right now for a decent model and any you get from someone else is likely unreliable, at least to some degree.
>>
>>17896174
>Would it be better to link to Esoteric Archives?

Yes.
>>
>>17896178
Noted, we will update the sticky accordingly.
>>
>>17896155
gib a description of him
>>
>>17896142
>>17896155

Yes, it made for very interesting reading. Thanks a million for greentexting it.

He's also not wrong about you not needing help in the art of rhetoric, you've convinced me this is all real and to try summoning soon which is no easy task. (I was the guy who was going to half ass it if you didn't guess)
>>
>>17896100
>>17896104

Hey, you completely fucked that up but I'd love a chance to discuss it in private. Please email me at [email protected]
>>
>>17895912
So what's the real difference between the spirits in Ars Goetia and Ars Paulina?
>>
>worshiping Egyptian idols which are all dead
lol
>>
I got this as temporary use for an altar.

I also picked up some incense and blue candles today. I think I'm going to summon Vapula tonight.
>>
>>17896027
Hey K, if im not wrong you used to deal with chaos magick for some time right? Do you know or even practiced evokation in a chaote way? Maybe there is a trustworthy approach to the lemegeton through chaos magick?
I ask this because maybe there is an even more simplified approach to this stuff since I dont have the money nor the place to do that right now.
>>
>>17896410
If you don't have enough money for some candles and chalk maybe you need to work on some stuff before you bother. I'm a firm believer that you need to already have some momentum going on your own to get any results.
>>
>>17896420
>for some candles and chalk

Is it really just that simple? I dont know, I have read the book and it ask to get a sword, ring, various metals, and even a belt made of lion skin (kinda weird)...
>>
>>17896424
Read the sticky.
>>
I have a probably really stupid question.
Ive read the sticky, parts of some books and some other websites. All of them are in english. My problem is that im spanish.
What language do I use for the stuff I have to say/write? Do I say it in my shitty spanish accent? Do I translate them manually? Do I look up a latin translation or something?
Help me out here.
>>
>>17896452
You can use whatever language is easiest for you.
>>
>>17896455
I figured as much, but what do I do with the 'prayers' and such?
Do I just translate them directly?
>>
>>17896452
If you think you pronounce Latin better, I would say find those. Also post them here after so others can use it as well. Latin is phonetic

It doesn't matter which language you use as long as they are accurate translations with the most accurate meanings
Continue using spanish after you summon that spirit. Don't stress yourself over nothing
>>
File: 1324244654527.jpg (105 KB, 735x900) Image search: [Google]
1324244654527.jpg
105 KB, 735x900
Please please can someone summon a lycanthrope for me!
>>
>>17896718
I don't think they exist
>>
>>17896718
Do it yourself.
>>
>>17896728
I don't think it matters. I think you could summon up the characters from the show Cheers if you wanted to.
>>
>>17896155
This is how i (a satanist) do invocation
>get sigil
>meditate on it and trance
>speak to the god through my mind until i feel its energy, when i do i start verbal communication
>communication works by me speaking verbally and the god replying in my mind, guiding my thoughts directly to the solution
>never ask the demon for any promise to do the working, because i'm faithful and trust them with my life basically
>they don't ask me for payment because i work for Satan and them but i honor them with poetry or written experiences, dedicating tea or homemade meals
>energy from invocation can last for days, extremely beautiful and uplifting, almost undescribeable
>talk to them like i'm talking to a lifelong friend but with extreme respect, joking only when i feel it's appropriate
>no reason for banishings or licenses to depart ever, they come and leave of their own free will, if i want to interact with them i don't need to be "protected" from them
>never ever had a negative experience with a demon, they were always loving understanding and motivating me to improve myself
>>
>>17896142
I know it's early, but are you seeing any effect?

I'm bummed /sum/ has been so dead lately.
>>
>>17896452
I don't know if you are in the thread anymore but, say the words in spanish, the latin names too since your language comes from Latin.
>>
File: sigils2.jpg (111 KB, 1062x598) Image search: [Google]
sigils2.jpg
111 KB, 1062x598
Getting the apartment clean for the Vapula summoning. If nothing else, the goetia is helping my apartment stay in presentable shape.
>>
So succubus anon with the incense and cum/blood shake drinking from last week.

Nothing really happened last week or so since the ritual. But on that same token a lot happened in my life so sleep has been something of a luxury. Also taking suggestions or further advice on summoning rituals [spoiler]pls.[/spoiler]
>>
Summoned Gaap and Buer. Got butt-fucked proper. All those warnings about not fucking with these demons... anyway, ill probably survive for a few more years, but sincerely fucked up my quality of life. Hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
>>
>>17897681
'Splain yo'self
>>
>>17897688
Don't want to. Will probably sound like some insane fuckwit old gramps trying to warn the youngins and instead making them curious enough to try.

Thing is: even if demons do not exist, you should still walk away from this shit. It only matters if you think they exist. Anyway... I was stupid, disrespectful, and ill-prepared. Maybe you can summon without it going wrong.
>>
>>17896410
>evocation in a chaote way
You may find this pdf thought-provoking. It is a chaote approach to evocation written from Phil Hine's eclectic explorations. The essays touch upon a "Goetic project" to discussing a theoretical framework in the creation of servitors to even working with deities within the Cthulhu mythos.

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/pdfs/aoev1.pdf
>>
>>17897730
http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/sp_goetiarep.html

This article is also worth reading.
>>
>>17894629
>>17893675
So I hate to be "that guy", but somebody posted about summoning demons in a thread I was in somewhere else, and I'm curious.

Do you guys actually believe in this stuff? I remember trying "magick" spells and rituals and shit when I was a kid, and none of it ever actually worked. Are you guys actually getting anything out of this or is it some kind of RP/chuunibyou shit?
>>
>>17897698
Dude, youre on /x/... youre seriously worried about being judged? Fucking explain what happened dammit.
>>
File: L17.jpg (84 KB, 379x500) Image search: [Google]
L17.jpg
84 KB, 379x500
>>17897698
Post about it pls. You'll provide some good content and you might help convince someone to at least do it properly. I doubt people will think you are crazy since we are all posting about our experiences.

You won't be able to top this crazy >>17895564
>>
>>17897698
>Don't want to

The fuck did you even bring it up then faggot?
>>
>>17897867
hey im not crazy....
>>
>>17897886
Just yanking your chain m8
>>
>>17895896
Remember friend
>The lips of wisdom are closed except to the ears of understanding.
>>
>>17897904
People make fun of Thoth because he's a condescending blowhard. If he was helpful without the posturing, everyone would love him.
>>
>>17897948
I think he used to be relatively more helpful but probably feels burnt out answering the same questions.
>>
>>17897948
Unfortunate... Ego is the downfall of many.
>>
>>17897954
Well sucks to be him, but if that's the case, he should just keep his mouth shut. People shouldn't be expected to be experts when they're new.
>>
>>17893675
Hath mine Great Owl spoken with thee yet little One? Vhalik shalt giveth chances
>>
>>17897986
Could you tell me about Vhalik?
>>
>>17895929
>http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/paulina.htm
Thanks my nig.
>>
>>17898000
18 hours from now offer a bone with AC carved into it and lay it near the roots of a tree. Smoke a cigarette entirely then leave.
>>
>>17898000
Valak
>>
>>17898012
What kind of bone?
>>
File: 3948.jpg (24 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
3948.jpg
24 KB, 657x527
Anyone here ever invoke an angel? If you did some stories of the summoning would be nice.
>>
>>17898025
Does evoking one count?
>>
File: 1449881417601.png (25 KB, 254x225) Image search: [Google]
1449881417601.png
25 KB, 254x225
>>17898039
Yea, sorry meant to put invoking/evoking.

Please tell if you have a story. :)
>>
File: DSC_0002.jpg (915 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
915 KB, 1836x3264
>>17898021
Irrelevant
>>
>>17898043
Technically each time you perform the LBRP you perform a lesser evocation of 4 archangels
Rafael
Gabriel
Michael
Auriel
But never had too much success with the greater key sorry friend.
>>
>>17898048
Alright will post results
>>
>>17898068
Because you don't believe it because you are want to see and not feel.
>>
>>17898072
Yes. Be well. Listen for the sounds but don't looj
>>
>>17897948
>>17897962
Fuck y'all, th0th has put a ton of time into helping strangers, and is occasionally snide

That'd be a net bonus even if the people he was snide to didn't usually deserve it
>>
File: Bojack in circles.gif (26 KB, 214x255) Image search: [Google]
Bojack in circles.gif
26 KB, 214x255
>>17898068
Can I ask what LBRP means?

I'm very new, I don't even know which Angel is best to evoke yet, nor have I.
>>
>>17898096
>LesserBanishingRitualofthePentagram
>>
>>17898012
What happens if you substitute the cigarette with a joint?
>>
>>17898096
>I don't even know which Angel is best to evoke yet, nor have I.
then you are not fit, keep studying and lurking or be damned
>>
>>17898108
Oh yeah, I knew what that was I saw it here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvpmcOtynM0)

I haven't seen it yet, nor have I needed to use it yet.
>>
>>17898114
Also be more specific different tools for different jobs.
>>
>>17898114
Yes I am, stop acting edgy, I doubt you have even evoked or invoked one yet. Most people on here are just edgy luciferoans wanting to impress there middle school buddys and aren't even real black/white magicians.
>>
>>17898113
does not have key ingredients, must have formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic
needs be sulfuric
>>
>>17898116
don't watch his videos unless you wish to be paying in soul price.
>>
>>17898122
I know, I don't invoke demons, I like what he does because he's so good at it, he follows the left hand path and I (want to) follow the right. But I haven't seen any good right hand path YouTubers so I just learn things from this guy who is the real deal.
>>
>>17898120
Gary magician here but mind if I ask what summoning experience you do have, I could help explain it better?
>>
>>17898120
Have you seen the grey one in the mirror yet and not schizophrenic? Keep leaning. Do not engage in discussions with things beyond your limitations. Wisdom with ears.
>>
>>17898121
An alchemical offering interesting
>>
>>17898131
I have not evoked anything yet. I haven't summoned anything yet either.
>>
>>17898134
You seem fairly knowledgeable friend are you a solitary or part of a group?
>>
>>17898140
Why not start with something like elementals then. It's a good way to practice the basics.
>>
>>17898155
I was born from a woman with a cross on her forehead and for years I was ignorant of the truth. At the age of 12 I heard not with ears but vibrations that told me what to seek and what to learn. There are 37 of us now.
>>
>>17898162
>Something like elementals

As I said I'm very new, so I have no idea what elementals are.
>>
>>17898172
So your in some group that practices the occult? They're still around? Please tell us what is it called?
>>
>>17898172
Hmm does this group have a name?
>>
>>17898177
Read
>Modern magick by Donald Michael Kraig it'll help you get started
>>
>>17898206
Thanks. Hopefully it's something I can understand.
>>
>>17898216
Hopefully it'll teach you some basics that seem pretty dumb but stick with it and they'll make sense.
>>
Anyone know how to call a hound of the wild hunt
>>
Done with Vapula summoning.

I took the usual bath, I had read in Modern Magick that when you're done, you shoud stay in the bath until the water drains and imagine the negativity washing away with you. So I did that but I added the extra step of blasting myself with cold shower water (the bath water had been hot) while it drained and that felt pretty amazing.

This was also my first time using incense, scrying mirror (which i put outside of triangle for room reasons, not sure if that is a mistake or not), and a pendulum. I found the pendulum enormously helpful, especially since I still haven't heard voices or sensed thoughts.

Sorry if I'm being wordy, I use these as notes the next day when I write it down in my ritual diary.

>take bath, brush teeth
>aim to start ritual around 1 am since, if I did my math right, that's the hour of Jupiter
>use chalk for circle, washi tape for triangle, and used pie (a slice for me, a slice for vapula) this time as the food offering
>used sandalwood incense since i read somewhere that Vapula likes that
>also put a copper bullet I bought today in triangle since vapula likes copper
>used blue candles
>put wooden sigil i made in triangle but also put in a small piece of paper with the sigil too so i can 'charge' that and carry it with me
>cat and dog are locked up, but freaking out as usual, use i-doser to drown them out while trying to meditate
>once things are settled a bit, i stop idoser and do a tarot reading
>call out to vapula and tell him to get in the triangle
>candles flicker and incense smoke forks, feel nothing as usual
>call out again
>feel nothing, but think i see a flash of a lion face in the mirror
>left brain says nah, right brain says just go with it, moron
>use pendulum and ask if vapula is here, get a yes
>start eating my half of the pie while i explain that i need help reigniting my interest in coding and web design and that I need help grasping the more difficult parts more easily and quickly
>>
>>17898447
>ask vapula if he can help, pendulum says yes
>ask vapula if he agrees not to hurt anybody, pendulum says yes
>tell vapula if he helps me for the next month, I'll spread praise for him on the internet
>ask if this is acceptable, pendulum doesn't move
>tell vapula if he helps me, I'll let him share a meal with me
>ask if this is acceptable, pendulum says no
>tell vapula if he helps me, I'll let him share a meal with me AND I'll sing his praises on the internet
>ask if this is acceptable, pendulum swings yes pretty definitively, this is the first time I've tried using the pendulum where it feels like the movement can't be attributed to possible subconscious tampering on my part, it really feels like it's swinging pretty wildly from some outside force. Neato.
>show vapula the hexagram and tell him he can go
>ask tarot if ritual was a success, got temperance, this is a card of patience, learning, and clarity so I'm taking that to mean that I'll be having a productive month
>ask pendulum if ritual was successful, got another wild yes
>clean up a bit and let the pets out, cat immediately goes and sits in the triangle
>>
Looking for an entity to summon that would be willing to do things that can be recorded and verified for science. Any suggestions?

No, this is not sarcastic. I already know supernatural entities exist. I just want to document, confirm, and prove it.
>>
>>17898650
There is a bunch of this in the internet peopple just don't belive
>>
Has anyone tried summoning an entity for the purposes of suggestion or influencing the decisions of others?
>>
>>17898650
You probably shouldn't. There is a reason media tries to make a joke of this stuff. It's dangerous and you don't want more people looking into it.
>>
>>17898710
sounds like excuses to me.
>>
>>17898720
I repeat: there is a reason media tries to make a joke of this stuff. I don't think that spirits too greatly appreciate being recorded/exposed like some act is being performed. Excuses, maybe, but for a damn good reason. Know your shit through-and-through before you try anything. You better be prepared for consequences if you can manage to record something, but a lot of the time it is, primarily, a sensory/mental experience.
>>
i have nothing to live for and never will
i'm just bored waiting for shit to happen
can i do magic to shoot fireballs or hallucinate until i get locked up in a loony bin or some shit
>>
>>17898671
show me
>>
>>17897730
>>17897759
Nice, thanks bro
>>
So, I know these /sum/gen threads are more goetia focused, but I have to at least mention kami.
In this sense, I mean "the spirit/deity/whatever of a place".
Animism and shinto type stuff don't really ever come up here very much.

For example, the kami of my forest appears as a giant spider.
For years, I was absolutely terrified to go out wandering the woods at night, because I always felt like there was something YUUUUGEEE walking right behind me, and that creeped me the fuck out.
Then one night I was like "fuck it, show yourself, let's talk".
Turns out she's really cool actually, and her physical avatars' silk contains a very potent hallucinogen.

tl;dr, exotic demons are rad, but we often overlook the "normal" or "everyday" spirits, even though they're also pretty awesome.
>>
>>17899093
any idea how to find them? did you do anything to 'invoke' them or are they just in certain places, chilling out?
>>
>>17899108
As far as I can tell they're just in places chilling out.
I don't claim to be a shinto expert, that's really the only one I've had any dealings with.
>>
>>17899114
damn. it's likely where i live there would be none, as we have no 'nature' of any sort really. planted forrests, dredged up land, artificial lakes, densely populated, etc.
>>
>>17899126
I would think everywhere has a kami.
I don't see any reason they'd be limited to barren wilderness.
This is just speculation, but from an animist point of view, everything and everywhere has spirits of some sort.
I don't see any reason cities and such wouldn't also have their own kami.
>>
>>17898650
>I just want to document, confirm, and prove it.

Why?
>>
>>17899134
hmm.
might give it a try to look for one.
don't suppose you have advice or something?
>>
>>17899140
Sorry, I really don't.
My case was one of I take the defense of my forest VERY seriously, and I guess she liked that.

Sort of a shot in the dark, but it might be helpful to figure out the "essence" of a location, it's vibe or whatever, and seek out features/locations/whatever that embody that essence.
Beyond that, I really don't know much about this subject.
>>
>>17899139
>why?

Because this is the raison d'ĂȘtre of our civilization? I mean, since the birth of the european civilization the purpose have been always the same, to count, to measure, to order, to discover... I don't find it weird that a guy suddenly has the motivation to aply those in this matter, because is something we are doing since 6000 years ago more or less.
>>
>>17899182
>Because this is the raison d'ĂȘtre of our civilization?

Not to my knowledge, no.

>I don't find it weird that a guy suddenly has the motivation to aply those in this matter, because is something we are doing since 6000 years ago more or less.

Again, nope.

If you have this much trouble with simple history, then what hope have you investigating matters more obscure?
>>
>>17899191
>no
>nope
our civilization is built on exploration and documentation, you esoteric fruitcake. you shouting "no" isn't changing the actual progress we have that built this system from the fucking ground up.
what anon is suggesting is ridiculous, since by nature you can't actually document/repeat/quantify these things, and we are only doing this type of documentation for 500-200 years, but you seem to have an even smaller understanding of the human mindset and the western civilization and culture.
don't even try to assume you know anything about this, just because you suck satan's hairy ballsack. that's like a medium thinking she knows better about science than a scientist.
>>
>>17899224
>you esoteric fruitcake

You're not even trying to be credible, are you?
>>
File: 1456997708699.jpg (214 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
1456997708699.jpg
214 KB, 345x336
>>17899229
>credible
>/x/
where do you even think you are at this point?
>>
>>17899224
what have been may look like does make have when make was.

>images with mountains
>>
>>17899240

In a thread populated by 12-yos. Why do you ask?
>>
Anyone ever try using summoning an old one, such as in the necronomicon?
>>
>>17899191
>Again, nope.
Are you serious? See our philosophers, mathematicians, or just the "big names". Galileo, Da Vinci, Plato, Democritus, Averroes, Seneca, Newton, Pythagoras..... All of them discovered, invented, organized, measured, counted in their fields... If this is untrue, then, for example, how can be discovered the atom?
>>
A.M.S., did you ever did evocations for health related problems? Could you try doing one?
>>
>>17899308

You really haven't the slightest idea how to mount a cogent argument, do you?
>>
>>17899317
The fact that someone can argue against something so basic makes me think that or my English is really bad and I don't explain myself in a correct way, or you don't have a clue on european/western history and civilization. I honestly think is the first case (my bad English), because is hard to believe someone can ignore how the european civilizacion born with Science (philosophy and arts included), and how the progress of this civilization comes with the progress of its pillars which are those of "Scientia". And yes, this is applied in the esoteric, you need to count and measure time, you need to know eucledian geometry to do some serious stuff, you need to organize the data and information, and also experiment.

The only kind of people that argues agaisnt this in my experienxe are these catholics that support the stupid belief that was the church who founded western civilization.
>>
>>17899269
I can't recall the name off hand, but there's one in there that is said to be contactable without going through the preliminary steps and other such works beforehand.
Not exactly a friendly fellow.

Yea, that whole thing about supernatural fright being able to turn hair white?
Turns out that one is true.
>>
>>17899342

So that's a, "no". You certainly don't seem to be trying.

>The only kind of people that argues agaisnt this in my experienxe are these catholics that support the stupid belief that was the church who founded western civilization.

kek

It's even worse than I thought.
>>
>>17899347
God, both of you shut the fuck up. It was such a bummer to open up this thread this morning expecting summoning updates and discussion only to see all the posts are you two retards arguing about nothing.
>>
>>17899342
You could be right about our civilization being founded in us wanting to document things and such, but you lost your point when:

>The only kind of people that argues agaisnt this in my experienxe are these catholics that support the stupid belief that was the church who founded western civilization.

Not the catholic Church specifically but Christian religions are what made our society as we know it. People always complain about it but have you seen Muslims for example? Their society is nothing like ours, even women are treated differently than in our society and even so you say that catholic didn't play a major role (as all Christian religions) in the formation of our civilization?

>Kay
Keep in Mind that I'm not a Christfag before replying.
>>
>>17899378
Also, I'm not the Anon you were arguing with.
>>
>>17899378
>Their society is nothing like ours
Then why in the fuck do we, generally speaking, use their astrological foundation for just about the entirety of Western esoterica? The earliest iteration of the Emerald Tablet is in Arabic.

I'll be sure to keep that theory of mutual exclusion in mind while I look into the Mandaean transmission to Italy.
>>
>>17899378
Both of you make good points.

Our republic, our military structure, our infrastructure, etc, are roman in origin.
They were pagans.

Our knowledge was most carefully preserved by dedicated book-copying christian monks.

Our math and science are arab in origin.

It's ok that many cultures and faiths have shaped what we are now.
I'm still trying to figure out what y'all are arguing about.
>>
>>17899368
>God, both of you shut the fuck up.

kek

>>17899378
>You could be right about our civilization being founded in us wanting to document things and such

Documentation was a part of it, but that's not what anon is trying to prove.

>>17899378
>Not the catholic Church specifically but Christian religions are what made our society as we know it.

kek

Not really, since civilization predates Christianity by millennia. The effect of Christianity on western civilization was the utter extinction of scientific investigation.

>Keep in Mind that I'm not a Christfag before replying.

top kek!

>>17899385

Yep and consider the "Seven Liberal Arts", and their centrality to Western civ. You can draw a straight line from those seven, to the seven scribes of the lady Seshat, on back to the seven Abgal who kindly gave civilization to the Sumerians.

>>17899399

He doesn't know either, apparently.
>>
>>17899385
Because the christians destroyed it. Muslims didn't destroy it for some reason. Knights Templar took it to Europe.
>>
>>17899418
>Knights Templar took it to Europe.

kek
>>
>>17898449
>>17898447
well done
everything is in order
>>
>>17899093
if you have any books on the subject, I'd love to read them.
>>
>>17899474
I'm sorry, those couple of posts are the extent of my knowledge in this area.
There's probably some good books out there on animism and/or shinto, but I don't know what they are.
>>
>>17899480
No worries friend, I appreciate you contributing to the thread at any rate.
>>
>>17898449
Forgot to mention I did do a banishing ritual both at the beginning and end. I'm still not comfortable with the LBRP after doing it for a couple of days, so I just did the drawing pentagram in lesson 1 of Modern Magick.
>>
>>17899093
>study and practice the occult casually for years
>one of the most profound things that has every happened to me involved frogs and a dead snake
>uncle kills a cottonmouth wandering too close to the house one day
>throws the dead snake on a pile of wood and dead branches that we usually burn after trimming the hedges and trimming the trees
>pile is about 12 feet across and about 5 feet high so its getting big
>burn later that day as the sun is almost completely gone
>countless bullfrogs amass around the burning pyre
>i dont move because its pretty neat to watch, as I haven't seen this before
>later that night have dreams of frogs "accepting the offering"
>wake up confused and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night
what the actual fuck
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.