[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Occultism & Magick: Library Update 34
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Lumiel.jpg (80 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
Lumiel.jpg
80 KB, 540x800
Really goddamn wish I could post this one on /his/ edition.
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Pritchard's “Witchcraft, Oracles, and Magic amdong the Azande”
Ritual Year no. 10 (This appears to be an academic journal that chronicles material on...ritual years. I include this in the Cultus Sabbati folder as well given how in-depth this gets with draconian myth and the staggering amount of cultures it covers)

>Babalonian
Babylonian Sacred Words of Power: Mystic Gateway to a Life Abundant

>Enochian
Dee's Five Books of Mystery

>European
Superstition and Magic in Early Modern Europe
The Anglo-Saxon Charms
Ancient Cures, Charms, and Usages of Ireland
(All of these are also in the Cultus Sabbati folder)

>Freemasonry
The Rules, Statues, and Customs of the Hospitaliers (aka The Knights of Malta, sworn enemies of the 32nd degree Scottish Rite): 1099-1310 ((Warning: .djvu file, I didn't convert it because this update's been a pain in my ass anyway.

>Kabbalah
Sabbatai Shevi, The Mystical Messiah by Scholem

...continued in next post...
>>
File: Sabbatic Body.jpg (177 KB, 417x628) Image search: [Google]
Sabbatic Body.jpg
177 KB, 417x628
>>17835181

>LHP (?)
Liber Lilith (working material couched in fiction, do what thou wilt or something)

NEW FOLDER:
>Sloane MSS
Additional Manuscript 36674 (source for all sorts of crazy shit, but half illegible, also in the Enochian folder)
Folger MS Vb26: Book of Spirits
Harley 5596: Geomantica Exorcisimi
Harley 6484: Treatise of Talismans
Harley 6486: Sponsalia Celeberima of Hermes Trismegistis
Sloane 0863: John Dee's Book of Enoch (also in Enochian folder)
Sloane 3091: La Clavicule de Salomon
Sloane 3628: Angelic Heirarchy and Magical Journal 1686 to 1688 (Elias Ashmole's, also in Enochian Folder)
Sloane 3645: Alchemical Tracts & Key of Solomon
Sloane 3684: Lesser Key of Solomon
Sloane 3825: Treatise on Magic including Janua Magica Reserata & The Lesser Key of Solomon
Sloane 3847: Key of Solomon, Book of Hermes, and Book of Raziel
Sloane 3851: Tracts on Magic including Ptolemy, Cyprian, and Solomon
Sloane 3854: Misc. Alchemical and Magical Tracts

STATS:
Total size:
38.85 GB
Contains:
490 folders and 5327 files
(remember, I have a 50gb file limit, so the library may be winding down soon)
>>
File: Mahazhael.jpg (245 KB, 700x924) Image search: [Google]
Mahazhael.jpg
245 KB, 700x924
>>17835185
Early bump for the goddamn Sloane Manuscripts.

Seriously, fuck you, /his/.
>>
>>17835255
Ask /adv/.
>>
>>17835181
>(aka The Knights of Malta, sworn enemies of the 32nd degree Scottish Rite
I don't get where this myth comes from. Pike was a bit cagey, but that's about it.
>>
What is initiation to you K? I've yet to find a good definition of the actual experience.

The only thing I've come up with is the breakdown of the barrier between, or rather recognition of inherent unity with, subject and object.
>>
File: 1465672073060.jpg (157 KB, 736x1028) Image search: [Google]
1465672073060.jpg
157 KB, 736x1028
>>
>>17835287
From the ritual itself, my bad, 33rd, 32 is a lesson on Christian love.

Anyway, straight from the rite:
The unjust and unprovoked cruelties, insults and injuries, inflicted on the Knights Templars, in which, the Knights of the order of Sr. John of Jerusalem, or Knights of Malta, assisted. which gave rise to the degree of K.H. and feelingly described in that degree. and in Vertot’s history of the Knights of Malta: The Knights Templars, otherwise called Knights of the Temple, were a Masonic order of Knighthood, instituted in the Reign of Pope Gelasius, about the year of Masonry 5117 and so called, because they dwelt in a part of the Temple at Jerusalem, not far from the Sepulcher of Jesus Christ. They entertained Christian strangers and pilgrims charitably, and in their armor led them through the Holy Land, to view the sacred monuments of Christianity, without fear of the Infidels.
This Order continued to increase in numbers, power and wealth, and in about 200 years, was spread over all Europe: The principal part of their Commanderies were along the Mediterranean Sea. As their influence was extensive, and their possessions great, Philip the Fair, King of France became jealous of them, which soon was increased into hatred, because they espoused the cause of Boniface 8th in that Pontiff’s difference with King Philip, an insult which the King had never forgiven: On the 13th of October, Anno Lucis 5307 he arrested all the Knights Templars he could find in his kingdom, and brought them to the Stake.
In the year 5312, the whole order was suppressed by Pope Clemens Quintus. And at the request of the King of France and the Pope, the Kings of England, Castile, Arragon and Sicily, the Count of Provence, and all the sovereigns in Europe, arrested the Knights Templars, seized their possessions, and placed Garrisons into their Commanderies.
>>
>>17835300
On the first of October of the same year, the Council of Vienna banished their whole order, in with the Pope, and gave the greatest part of their possessions to the Knights Hospitallers of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Rhodes, now called Knights of Malta, who were established about the year of Masonry 5120 when Honorius was Pope.
The Knights of Kadosh or K.H. were originally called Knights Templars, but after the Massacre, by King Philip, the few who escaped, found it necessary, to change the title and appearance of their order, that they might the better avoid the persecution of their enemies. They then laid aside the Black order and red cross, and substituted in its place a broad fiery blood colored riband from the left shoulder to the right hip, to which is suspended a Black spread Eagle with 2 heads, with a naked sword in its Claws.
About the year of Masonry 5767 an Inquiry was instituted at Paris, to prove that those Masons who styled themselves Knights of Kadosh, were in reality Knights Templar. Had the Inquiry succeeded, the whole order, probably would a second time, have been cut off. In consequence of this circumstance it was determined, in the Grand Communications of Berlin and Paris, that they should, in future, be styled, “Knights of the White and Black Eagle”.

>>17835300
Fuller, good taste.

>>17835292
http://www.poemhunter.com/best-poems/aleister-crowley/the-neophyte/
>>
>>17835313
The Knights of Malta, that they may retain the possessions which they have unlawfully received, are solemnly obligated to exterminate the order of Knights Templars, who are actually they, who have received the degree of K.H. For this reason the Knights of Kadosh, or of the White and Black Eagle, have solemnly pledged to each other, their sacred honors, and have sworn in the name, and in the presence of God, to hold them in enmity, and to exterminate them, whenever it is in their power: Although it is a duty we owe to ourselves, to endeavor to destroy that power, which attempts to destroy us, yet it is necessary that the extent of our enmity and hostilities to the Knights of Malta, should be well defined lest we should expose ourselves to ridicule and contempt if not to punishment by the civil Law, it is not intended, that if a Knight of K.H. should go up the Mediterranean on business, and accidentally meet with some of the Knights of that Order, that he should immediately draw the poniard, and stab them to the heart. This would be deemed murder by the Laws of every Country, and would justly be punished with Death. But if any Sovereign power should declare war, against the Knights of Malta, or against any power with whom they have treaties of Offense, and they are actually in the field, then we are bound, by the solemn and awful obligations which we have taken, if the situation of our affairs will admit, of it to join immediately the Army of their Enemies, and to use our utmost exertions both in the Cabinet and the field, to exterminate their order, that we may once more obtain those possessions, which are the indisputable right of the Knights Templars:
>>
>>17835322

When the whole Masonic body of the different degrees, (as they are all obligated to obey the order of their superiors) are sufficiently powerful, they will be led out against their enemies by the Sovereign of the 33’s. And should success attend our arms, the Knight of Kadosh will then openly declare themselves, and take possession of the Countries, of which they are now illegally deprived and will peaceably rest themselves under the banners and protection of the Sovereign of this degree, from whom they will receive a system of Government, founded on the rights of the Knights and on their zeal, services and virtuous sufferings for so many Centuries.

When we take the field, against our enemies, our forces are to be governed by the orders given in the degree of Prince of the Royal Secret. But as the Most Illustrious Sovereign of Sovereigns has been most graciously pleased to invest this degree with the Supreme Executive power the Command in Chief of the Troops, after his death, devolves upon us. Therefore His Majesty the King of Prussia, has ordained, that the 1st and 2nd Officers of the Supreme Council of the 33rd shall be the 1st and 2nd in command over the Masonic Troops, District, Nation or Kingdom; over which they have Masonic Jurisdiction.
>>
>>17835304
Only Pike's one. I believe it's edited now (or rather, when they did the revision in 2003), where the other jurisdictions never used it, as they were far more Catholic to begin with.
Plus, that whole charge is painfully ahistoric.
>>
>>17835329
>(as they are all obligated to obey the order of their superiors)
Yea, and that part is just flat out false. Only ever seen it online.
>>
>>17835313
>http://www.poemhunter.com/best-poems/aleister-crowley/the-neophyte/
>>17835292
More context, go to the owner's manual:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/chap6.htm
>>
>>17835331
I know.
But it's there. From '35, American version.

IJS, it could be of some interest to some Freemasons, hence why I included it.
>>
>>17835343
Fair enough. Those wacky southerners.
>>
Bump?
>>
I have a question about the pentagram and hexagram. Pentagram = microcosm and hexagram = macrocosm, correct? Then why is it that the pentagram/elemental rituals are the ones most effective for working on the physical world around you and the hexagram rituals seems to work more on your psychological state. It seems like it would be reverse. I know as above so below but still it seems strange...
>>
>>17835628
>correct
Sure.

>Then why is it that the pentagram/elemental rituals are the ones most effective for working on the physical world around you and the hexagram rituals seems to work more on your psychological state.
May be a personal problem, when's the last time you evoked something to visible manifestation, vapor, or even minor interaction?

Moreover, all ""spirits"" are acting in Malkut through the mediation of the paths and sephira leading thereto. So, when you draw a macrocosmic force into the microcosm, they're going to be bound my microcosmic protocols.
>>
Is there a way to search the library? I'm looking for 777. Seems like a no brainer, but I can't find it.
>>
>>17835635
> May be a personal problem
I don't think so, I remember reading similar things in several places, although the only place I remember specifically in is in Ritual Magic Manual by David Griffin.

>when's the last time you evoked something to visible manifestation, vapor, or even minor interaction?
I haven't done any evocations to visible appearance, but I do regularly (try to every day) contact the planetary archangels at the appropriate day/hour. This is more with prayer than ritual though.

But it is the same in astrology where the planets seems to fit psychological forces and the zodiac signs, which are kind of elemental, are more about the kinds of circumstances and experiences. Idk, it just seems strange to me that the microcosmic forces are mostly dealing with he elemental world which seems external and that the macrocosmic forces of the planets seem to work primarily inside the individuals psyche.
>>
Why not just make this a torrent OP?
>>
>>17835185
>Liber Lilith
this one ha got me going man...channel lilith into a girl and fuck her OR into a corpse and fuck it. boy o boy.

Seriously, ape, you ever read any other book that describes actual pratice that's half this gnarly? Don't know if you've already read through it, if not you should, atleast for the entertainment value, other than that the story resembles the gnostic story with some twists. It's good reading tho. And the practices...geeze louise
>>
>>17835185
>>17836277

Oh and the double tap

channel samael into guy
lilith into girl
have secks while channeling, if during secks they concieve a child, that child will be .... you guessed it ... the antichrist.
>>
>>17835181
I want to download the complete library

but mega is too slow

when will you put this in a torrent?
>>
>>17835181
I don't think these are appropriate to /his/.

Plus all those Atheists and Catholics will run you out.

Also I can't find the The Rules, Statues, and Customs of the Hospitaliers in any of the mega folders.
>>
>>17835932
1) Easier to update.
2) Less of a pain in the ass to seed.
3) Less prone to DMCA takedown notices.

>>17836301
Probably because you're trying to download close to 40 gb from overseas. DL folders as .zips.

>>17835678
Probably in A.'.A.'.>Libri>Class B...oh hey, lookit:
https://mega.nz/#!u8dBiahI!LKWRDVRvbWayYemouh1CYw2y-7khQVS_7ycI6fJu4WU
https://mega.nz/#!jk9nxJBA!KtyN0hySfPHus6pLrraexyUyiPlxIGsjzJZnqblY7Aw
https://mega.nz/#!7w1zxbzA!GT8e3UX4AhuUO0NXxRlBExvDl2NHjMobn-Bz-ZHtE-c

>>17836330
>The Sloane Manuscripts, THE sources of Enochiana and Solomonic magic, etc., from the hands of those who first worked the material, including a founding member of The Royal Society's experiments in angel magic and a grimoire validating the cunning/witchcraft current, doesn't belong in /his/.
What in the ever living fuck.
Also, Catholics weren't the problem, it was the janitor who couldn't read his own goddamn sticky.
https://mega.nz/#!O1FF1SbS!ScOncpVo-l_k16ZiMwJ875b7IX50bbFmA4BGlw8uVT8
>>
>>17835181
>Dee's Five Books of Mystery

They weren't there before?

>NEW FOLDER:
>Sloane MSS

*squee*

>>17835628
>Then why is it that the pentagram/elemental rituals are the ones most effective for working on the physical world around you and the hexagram rituals seems to work more on your psychological state.

Not necessarily true.

>>17835699
>I remember reading similar things in several places, although the only place I remember specifically in is in Ritual Magic Manual by David Griffin.

Could be the problem, right there.

>>17836577
>What in the ever living fuck.

For reals.
>>
>>17836683
>They weren't there before?
Not the good edition I slipped in there.
>>
Cross-posting from the previous thread, in case someone wants to continue those discussions, here.

>>17834234
>Is this the Star Ruby you were using?
>http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib333.html#note14

That's the one.

>I am not sure what this Hadit has to do with Heru-Behdeti (if that's the origin of the name). Perhaps it has something to do with "Abra(had)abra?"

It's a rather hilarious mistranslation.

> I've only worked with the archangels of the four winds, so I can't really comment further.

In this case, they're effectively the same.

>>17834251
>Pretty sure 333's for Babes of the Abyss.
>Makes sense given what's evoked at the corners.

That's my understanding.

>>17834392
>This is sort of why I'm more interested in the SR found in the book of lies. I like the idea of using Eros/Psysche + Kaos/Babylon over Nuit/Hadit + Therion/Babylon.

I much prefer it as well, but bear in mind that the form is more proper to the Abyss and the Supernals.

>>17834521
>Can a non-A.'.A.'. student use the Star Ruby and the Star Sapphire, or is initiation into the A.'.A.'. required?

Initiation is not required, no.
>>
>>17835038

>Aganost
Wolfe
>Skiatherick
Chumbley
>Protennoia
Chumbley
>Coventicle
Chumbley
>Karcist
Wolfe
>Mensal
Wolfe
>Crucifer
Chumbley
>Clarison
Wolfe
>Nidorous
Wolfe
>Pavonine
Wolfe
>Analept
Chumbley
>Cathern
Chumbley
>Gom Jabbar
Wolfe
>Cynosure
Chumbley
>Transcarnation
Chumbley
>Alzabo
Wolfe
>>
>>17836689
>the good edition

JHP?
>>
File: sons of sons.jpg (81 KB, 603x619) Image search: [Google]
sons of sons.jpg
81 KB, 603x619
>>17836727
Mhm.
>>
>>17836711
I had conventicle and analept under wolfe straight from the lexicon and gom jabbar is Herbert. Clarison might actually be chubley but I didn't make a key.
>>
>>17836752
>conventicle and analept under wolfe straight from the lexicon
Sheeit. Conventicle sounds like a Chumbley word, in both obscurity and direct usage.

>gom jabbar is Herbert
I haven't touched Dune srsly in like years, most I do is skim through the wiki for ideas about kludging Dune into Fading Suns for some tasty space-crusade game ideas that aren't rooted in the clusterfuck that is 40k that I'll never get around to playing.

>Clarison might actually be chubley but I didn't make a key.
That was literally just me going off the top of my head.
>>
>>17836756
Looking now, clarison and karcist are chumbley and cynosure is is a mystery.
>a person or thing that is the center of attention or admiration.
I'm guessing chumbley. I'm really surprised pavonine isn't.
>>
Do I really need to learn gematria?
>>
>>17837073
Yes.
And/or have some good resources around.
Strong's Concordance, Godwin's Cabalistic Encyclopedia, numberman.net , http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgemat.htm
>>
>>17837078
Which groups are you/have you been affiliated with, Ape?

Which organizations would you recommend for a neophyte?

Do you feel your studies and practices have made a positive impact on your life?
>>
>>17837078
>Strong's Concordance

I've had one since I was 10 or 11. I'd spend hours with it.
>>
>>17837087
Direct affiliating with OTO and a number of A.'.A.'. lineages, they all leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Informal but friendly relationships with members from Temple of Set, Cultus Sabbati (I deeply suspect), and, oddly, O9A many many years ago, but I get the impression that after Myatt went full Islam, and possibly even before, it was essentially vaporware that you can self claim provided you do the work.
>>
>>17837142
Note: As of now I maintain a quasi-formal relationship with one A.'.A.'. branch, possibly more, but I sorta fly under a "don't ask don't tell" policy when it comes to circulating the library to irl contacts.
>>
>>17837154
>a quasi-formal relationship

Tactfully put.

*golf clap*
>>
>>17837176
Keeps going deeper, someone's using my Cadaveris rewrite to self initiate after jumping ship from the usual suspects and incidentally contacting one of my contacts.
>>
>>17837183

It's really a thing. After I went sproing, I was quite certain of that, even if I still couldn't explain it, even to myself.

Part of it has to do with my relationship to the bro who was not my superior. It's put a kink in things that's playing out in odd ways. Part of it has to do more specifically with 156, and that curiously so. That's seems to be how St Andrew connects with the rest.
>>
>>17837183
Curious what you think of Serrano.

How are the O9A people? I've never encountered one. Myatt seems to finally have settled down, however. I doubt he has any influence in the group and I pretty much assumed it is dead.
>>
Say one is interested in...

High magic? Newfriend here. I feel like most of what I'm looking for is under the Babylonian section of the mega, is this a good idea?

Or is everything just varying shades of grey as far as morality goes here?
>>
>>17837219
>Serrano
Pascal Laugier's better.

Depends. We were kids. They ran in the rough parts of a nearby major city. Only spent time with one of 'em. Dude was batshit, but nice enough; we did more basic info exchange than anything.
>>
>>17837232
>Pascal Laugier's better.

Not sure I follow. He appears to be a filmmaker.

You're lucky to have made so many contacts. I've only ever run into flabby OTO and Temple of Set practitioners.
>>
>>17837225
>Or is everything just varying shades of grey as far as morality goes here?

More like, head in the highest heavens and feet in the lowest hells.
>>
>>17837269
>Below my heels the Lucifer Stone, above my head the seven shining heads of Thee.
>>
>>17837277
>shining crowns
>>
>>17836683
>Not necessarily true.
Its not necessarily true but it is practically.

>Could be the problem, right there.
Like I said, I've read it in several places and also it fits with my own experiences, so it doesn't make sense to blame it on just one author.

What really fucks up these threads more than the trolls is condescending assholes like you. I'm trying to have a real discussion about the symbolism of the pentagram and the hexagram and all I get is nit picky sectarian bullshit like this. This isn't just some shit me or David Griffin (or any of a number of other authors) made up. Malkuth and the elemental forces are in Assiah, the planetary Sephira are mostly in Yetzirah. The informational content of your post is approximately 0, are you just trying to show off and social signal?

In any case, I asked KMAL and thankfully he was a hell of a lot more useful than you mother fuckers.
>>
Currently reading Francis kings thing and everythings going well and fine, but do I really have to choose a magick name? Kind of feels a little gay
>>
>>17837483
>Its not necessarily true but it is practically.

No, not practically either.

>What really fucks up these threads more than the trolls is condescending assholes like you.

Funny how they always reveal themselves.
>>
>>17837497
>do I really have to choose a magick name?

Context?
>>
>>17837483
I didn't think I could be any clearer about macrocosmic forces reified into the microcosm.

Even think the Black Brick and AC comment on this.

Finally Griffin's regarded as a spurious lineholder and extreme personality in many GD circles, so I think the inherent questioning of Griffin's validity isn't a content-less assertion. I mean, just ask our own resident GDfag what he thinks of Griffin's merry band of assholes.

>>17837497
Does it sound gay or do you feel lazy?
>>
>>17837502
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but the context is from francis Kings techniques of high magick. in the second chapter
>>
>>17837508
More gay than lazy honestly I like my birth name if that's hard to believe
>>
>>17837513
K.

Then use that. Nobody is forcing you to condense your aspirations into a string of letters/numbers.
>>
>>17837518
K.
>>
>>17837508
>I didn't think I could be any clearer about macrocosmic forces reified into the microcosm.
Actually I agree, I feel like you were actually trying to be helpful and what you said makes sense. Also your library is an invaluable resource to a lot of people, in that regard it is your contributions that really make these threads worth existing at all.

>Even think the Black Brick and AC comment on this.
I'm not sure what you are referring to.

>Finally Griffin...
I understand that Griffin is a controversial figure, but I feel like it is mostly irrelevant to my question. Isn't it the Hermetic way eclectic, to draw from all sources, insofar as they are useful? In any case, Griffin isn't the only one to make such claims. Isn't it clear that it is more about social signaling when we spend more time talking about his personality and lineage affiliation than the actual content of his claims? I imagine 100 years ago Crowley would have been quite a controversial figure among GD circles, that isn't a reason to actually dismiss the informational content of his writing.

>>17837499
Information content = 0.
Fuck off, Eat shit, etc...

In the interest of actually, hopefully stimulating some real discussion, I will summarize what Kamael told me on the question. He said it was complicated but basically he said that the 5 (which is how he seemed to refer to the pentagram) is of Geburah so its nature is separating. In the material world is where our existence is most individual and separate from others, and the 5 operates there because of that. In contrast he said the 6 is of the nature of absolute reality, which is mental in nature. This seems to imply that the macrocosm, at least in this case, doesn't actually refer to the external shared physical world, but rather the shared mental world. Which is interesting. I feel like he explained the 5 a bit better to me than the 6, but that makes sense given his nature as the archangel of Geburah.
>>
>>17835181
>181
nice.
DId cicada find book IAO yet?
>>
>>17837605
>which is mental in nature.
I hope you tested Kamael with the hexes then tried to ring Zhamael and Samael as well.

>>17837616
>cicada
Fuck off.
>>
>>17837621
But they're looking for it. :(
>>
>>17837605
>Fuck off, Eat shit, etc...

Look, kid. If you're not getting fairly obvious instances of possession of yourself or people in your environment, when working with hexagrams and planets, they you are not getting significant results. Perhaps in your world, that isn't material. If so, then it's simple misunderstanding.
>>
>>17837627
Less and less.
>>
>>17837621
He was able to repeat back his own name, and I used the divine names of Geburah to test him, and the Seraphim, but no hexagrams. I've contact him several times before and I feel fairly confident it was him. I also thought it was strange that he used the word mental, but I feel like he was using in the idealist "the whole universe is the thought of God" sense. I figure I'll try to ring up Michael on Sunday, as I expect he would be able to explain the hexagram a bit better.
>>
>>17837646
>I'll try to ring up Michael on Sunday, as I expect he would be able to explain the hexagram a bit better.

I hope you behave better on Sunday.
>>
>>17837629
Maybe it is a misunderstanding, as I have been getting "fairly obvious instances of possession of yourself or people in your environment, when working with hexagrams and planets". I feel like this is only effecting the external physical world indirectly though, unlike elemental work which seems to effect it directly. However I feel like this misunderstanding might not have occurred if you were not so curt and quick to condescend.
>>
>>17837651
Naturally, I am not usually this rude, but I have been invoking Mars.
>>
>>17837670
>However I feel like this misunderstanding might not have occurred if you were not so curt and quick to condescend.

You're still doing it, twerp.

>>17837675

If it's causing you problems like this, maybe you should reflect on why.
>>
>>17837670

And we haven't started talking about reification, yet.
>>
>>17837681
What problem is that? I have clearly gotten more out of you, and this thread by being a dick than I was ever going to get just by nicely trying asking my question and trying to have a discussion (which is how I started, got your first worthless "answer"). And besides, mars is naturally one of my weaker planets, got to work through that karma some how.
>>
File: 1463225847766.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1463225847766.png
40 KB, 825x635
>this argument
>>
>>17837629
"In your world", same answer always with everybody!!
>>
>>17837761
That doesn't even approximately describe this argument. Who is trying to prove what view valid? What a prioir rules are being appealed to? This argument is about how the posters in this thread, particularly Sigma but also you, would rather name drop and social signal than than actually have real discussions about occultism. Speaking of which...

>>17837692
>And we haven't started talking about reification, yet.
And are you ever going to start? That sounds like it could have been an appropriate response to my initial question, but who knows, because, one again, you would rather give curt answers than a real explanation. I guess it is easy to elude to having knowledge of something. Maybe if you have the mental horse power to hold ideas more complex than what can be expressed in one sentence you could actually back it up with a real explanation. I won't hold my breathe.
>>
>>17837798
>And are you ever going to start?

Nope, certainly not before you learn to control yourself.
>>
>>17837849
I am controlling myself, do you think I called out your bullshit on accident?
>>
File: 1466340377608.jpg (3 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1466340377608.jpg
3 MB, 3000x4000
>>17837761
>mfw this picture

>>17837798
Remember,
" In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth and the Paths; of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist.It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them."

It's better to read a book in this case. I'm not trying to push Crowley here, but he has a very good point. Remain skeptical at all times, even when it gets bizarre.

>>17837675
>Naturally, I am not usually this rude, but I have been invoking Mars.

These meditations should not be an excuse, if you did not intend to act in a certain way. Be careful; it's a slippery slope. Good luck anon.

>>17836703
>It's a rather hilarious mistranslation.

I was thinking this, but when Ape made the suggestion of a multivalent symbol it seems Hadit might have been intentional. Something to do with the formula of abrahadabra, the sacred utterance of Islam, etc. To be honest, I want to take back what I said in the previous thread about this word.

>I much prefer it as well, but bear in mind that the form is more proper to the Abyss and the Supernals.

OK, so If I have experience with the LRP, can I just jump into using the SR in book of lies? I am asking this because it seems that you are implying that it's not a good idea.

>Initiation is not required, no.

That's great to hear, as I find that there are a lot of interesting meditations for self-initiation in the A.'.A.'. curriculum.
>>
>>17837899
>I was thinking this, but when Ape made the suggestion of a multivalent symbol it seems Hadit might have been intentional

Nonetheless, it remains a mistranslation. You'd think divine forces would notice.

>I am asking this because it seems that you are implying that it's not a good idea

I was operating in Binah, at the time. It was right for me and has been since. Unless that's where you are, or intend to be soon, might not be the best choice. If that's what you want to do anyway, go for it.
>>
>>17837956
>You'd think divine forces would notice.
Really the whole thing's a lot clearer after you go through the Comments and Liber 333.
>Nu
>IT
>Had
>IT
>>
>>17837899
I've read Liber O before, but it's been a while, I'll give it another look through. I do try to remain skeptical, and it is because of my skepticism that I can feel confident in my conclusions that have survived it.

>These meditations...
Thanks for the well wishes, and good luck to you as well. So far I don't feel like I have acted in a way which I didn't intend. I feel like my attacks so far have been just. However I see what you are saying about a slippery slope, and I will keep it in mind. However there were other aspects to my work with KMAL which I have not mentioned, and righteous fury is no vice. Elohim Gebur would hardly be worthy of the name if he couldn't help me win an internet argument with a pissant like sigma, but the truth is, for this conflict, I am grateful.
>>
>>17837964
Except you're not winning, you got a weak transmission from an angelic gate of the Hanged Man without test, verification, or internal (other entities) or external (other magician) peer review, stating the supreme cosmic Beauty is all in your head, to justify why your hexes aren't working right instead of just, y'know, initiating yourself on the hexagram.
>>
>>17837975
I have never said my Hexagrams aren't working right (they seem to being doing what siggy expects them to do), only that they are working differently than I might have expected based on the idea of the macrocosm. I used the hexagram ritual the first time I contacted KMAL, and I was told by another archangel that the method I use is suitable. I still use a circle. There are a number of ways to test an entity, and I did test it, as I told you already. Nous has a long history of being identified with God, don't act like the idea that absolute reality is mental is so absurd. At least you gave me a real criticism so props.
>>
File: david.jpg (33 KB, 806x1215) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
33 KB, 806x1215
>>17837508
> I mean, just ask our own resident GDfag what he thinks of Griffin's merry band of assholes.

Actually don't know a whole lot about his order (though the guy in charge of the lodge here was linked to a newspaper article about a guy getting charged with paedophilia, haven't heard if that's legit or not)

It's more that Griffin HIMSELF is a retard.

Not that WOTD are a great source or anything, but: http://www.watcherofthedawn.com/satan-snubs-hellmouth-ritual/

>>17837605
>I imagine 100 years ago Crowley would have been quite a controversial figure among GD circles, that isn't a reason to actually dismiss the informational content of his writing.

He still is, strangely enough. GD members tend to be the more vanilla people (as opposed to the badwrong OTO edgy people), so you get a lot of 'oh I don't like him at all, he's evil' or 'yeah he had some interesting ideas BUT....'

Some people in GD like Griffin's work, but personally when a person trumpets himself as a Graunde and Moste Majestick Master of the Order, while doing things like publicly failing to open a mouth to hell with Koetting (of all people), or making fake accounts to argue with people who disagree with him on facebook, I tend not to take them too seriously

He works as a bus tour guide, apparently. Koetting works cleaning carpets. Nothing wrong with either job, just a bit of interesting info that came to light in recent years
>>
>>17838018
>publicly failing to open a mouth to hell
atleast he tried what have you wizards done lately
>>
>>17838031
By a an act of pure, acute Will®, I took a day off work and watched the Euros

It was pretty good :^)
>>
Why does all your symbolism have to look evil? Gives the wrong impression desu.
>>
File: crtsu.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
crtsu.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>17838044
my team baarely qualified but fuck what a game. we can win this shit still

who are you for?
>>
>>17838046
It's what's inside of us.
>>
File: ireland.jpg (55 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
ireland.jpg
55 KB, 620x330
>>17838052
I know the feeling, our match was intense

Too bad I actually AM home sick from work, or I'd be out tonight, the atmosphere will be mental in the city
>>
>>17838074
Are you sure?
>>
>>17838087
It was inside someone and now it's in you.
>>
>>17837956

>Nonetheless, it remains a mistranslation.

I know this is a terrible resource, but I will pull it out nevertheless: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahadabra

Under "Mystical Interpretations"

Also consider in conjunction with the above, "...In the sphere I am everywhere the centre, as she, the circumference, is nowhere found."

" I am the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every star. I am Life, and the giver of Life, yet therefore is theknowledge of me the knowledge of death. "

"I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. "Come unto me" is a foolish word: for it is I that go. "
Etc.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

>You'd think divine forces would notice.
I don't think so. No one knows how ancient Egyptians originally pronounced the names of their gods, yet they readily respond to what we have today. It's very controversial what these """""divine forces"""""" really are. Such a curious thing.

>I was operating in Binah, at the time.
Wait, are you saying that you crossed the abyss? I thought you were in the sphere of Chesed... Do tell, please!

>Unless that's where you are, or intend to be soon, might not be the best choice.

I will agree, and stay away. Thank-you.

>>17837964
Thank-you for the good wishes anon. I hope everything works out for you in time.
>>
>>17838010
The One is the substrate, not Nous, which still implies dualism in Plotinus' monism.
>>
>>17838128
Technically speaking one does not need to Cross to know Binah; AC relates experiences of Briah as early as 1906/7 as per diaries.

Moving into the 9th Aethyr, however does imply Crossing. One likely needs sensitivity to Briah to survive in the first place.
>>
>>17838046
Because people who want you trapped in the 5 sense cage have defined what is evil.
>>
>>17838188
Like I said, I thought it was a bit strange, but I feel like their could be a few ways to interpret it what he said, which as it is written in my journal is "The 6 is of the nature of absolute reality, which is mental".

It could be interpreted to mean (if absolute reality = 1):
either
A) That the 6 is of the nature of the 1 and the nature of the 1 is mental
B) That the 6 is of the nature of the one and also the 6 is mental.
C) if Mental refers to Briah(the 2 and 3) then 6 is of the nature of the mental (because 2*3) and the identification of Briah with Absolute Reality expresses the mystery of the supernal trinity.

B and C at least make sense, although they phrased strangely to get the point across. I mostly got the sense that he was more interested in talking about the 5, and that it would be better to ask someone else (like Michael) about the 6.

I'm not completely ruling out that it could be an impostor spirit but this was the only thing in the communications that struck me as at all strange. I did test it, and I did so in a way that I have used successfully to drive out impostor spirits in the past. Even besides that I have contacted him before and it seemed like him. I may post back after seeing what Michael has to say on the topic.
>>
>>17838283
>impostor
That isn't even *necessarily* my implication. But rather that the 'intellect' you're dialing is split between at least two and probably three distinct hypostates. Moreover, certain deceptive inversions of the hypostates (shells, see my long-ass rant on the klipot/qlippoth in the thread on the subject, it touches on reification which Sigma mentions above).

If I were you I'd go banish a whole lot before doing anything w/ that. Clear your head, empty your hand, and invoke.

Also, Nous is masculine, mate, if anything it's closer to Logos and therefore Chockmah.

If the second sefirah's the lightning strike, the third is the rolling thunder therefrom. Both are sensed as waves, quick or slow, but through different mediums.

Abhinavagupa seems to be pointing at the Cosmic Beauty as an emergent phenomenon, which can't be mind as a component of that Beauty arises from not-you....which takes us back to HGA and Abramelin, etc.
>>
>>17838319
What's your recommended neophyte reading list, Troth?
>>
What are the general preliminaries you need to meet to K&C w/t HGA?
>>
>>17838319
so, ape of thoth, what's up with the handle? just makes it easier, huh?
>>
File: 1462513616320.jpg (11 KB, 260x165) Image search: [Google]
1462513616320.jpg
11 KB, 260x165
Can somebody answer >>17838535

Why does everyone want me to do this? What if I don't like dicks? What if I don't want to put things in my ass? This is fucking retarded. It makes as much sense as carving a fucking pentagram into a potato and saying it's a manifestation of Mars
>>
>>17838575
Myth, gematria, and some very obscure Crowley passages.

>>17838565
>65
Like, in terms of the doctrine of this or that Order? Generally a period of intense aspiration and seclusion in which a given rite for evokation is mastered, AFTER one goes through a long period of training, which includes initiation.

You can look through the A.'.A.'. syllabi for a short description, Eshelman's for the long. AC's concept is based on the Golden Dawn and Abramelin, largely, with contributions from Chaldean Oracles and other similar sources.

>>17838607
>poop ring
Yeah, you sound mature and knowledgeable on the subject. Double ouroboros, mate. Go read Spare for more on the (a) alphabet of desire.
>>
>>17838647
I was looking more for the specifics of training condensed to a very brief list. Also some eastern equivalents, although dakinis and personal avatars of one's god would seem to fit the bill if I'm not too mistaken.
>>
>>17838669
>the specifics of training condensed to a very brief list
In the library
>A.'.A.'.>Crowley>Libri
Eshelman's The Mystical and Magical System of the A .'. A .'.
Go to the back, there will be direct reading lists for each grade leading to adepthood that you are expected to be proficient in.
>>
>>17838669
Specifically before the actual HGA evocations. Basically the ground upon which it is built. What work should be done before you even try?
>>
File: 1462238365820.jpg (83 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
1462238365820.jpg
83 KB, 460x645
>>17838647
Alright man I'll read it, but I still don't want your muddy butt rings
>>
>>17838692
I'll check that out.
>>
>>17835181
Do you have the Claire Fanger book about invoking angels that we talked about briefly in the /sum/ thread? Is there any easy way to search this library? A pastebin or something somewhere?
>>
>>17838705
>Claire Fanger
I don't have her book...lemme check the usual sources.
>>
File: 1466637292103.jpg (411 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1466637292103.jpg
411 KB, 1000x800
>>17838709
>>17838705
Oh hey looky there:
http://bookzz.org/book/2082044/ed08dd
>>
>>17838705
http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=7F12D214329979F3D4699E676A27EAC0
>>
File: 1465193770189.jpg (34 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1465193770189.jpg
34 KB, 500x324
>>17838716
Beat'cha to it.
>>
File: IMG_20160622_215951.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160622_215951.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>17838722
I was doing wizard things.
>>
File: Precession_N.gif (87 KB, 1134x1134) Image search: [Google]
Precession_N.gif
87 KB, 1134x1134
>>17838729
>mouth fedora
There better be fucking weed in there at least.
>>
File: 1432064988913.jpg (830 KB, 1217x1800) Image search: [Google]
1432064988913.jpg
830 KB, 1217x1800
>>17838735
I'm abstaining from fun for religious and practical reasons for the time being. It's hard to smoke and run, for one. It is sufficiently potent though.
>>
>>17835181

First off, I'd like to thank you Ape for compiling all of these books together. I'm very interested in learning but I have no idea where to start. I've been doing meditation for about a week now and personally i' feel like I've made progress. Last night I got to the point of feeling like my whole body was vibrating as if it had some kind electrical current. So again, my question is where do i start in your library? I truly don't know what i want, but I find this stuff very interesting.
>>
>>17838779
The "Beginners" folder
>>
>>17838715
>http://bookzz.org/book/2082044/ed08dd
Thanks man.
>>
what do you guys think about C. Hyatt? Does he know what hes talking about?
>>
>>17838972

His philosophy is all over the place, but his meditation instructions are great. See his "Secrets of Western Tantra"
>>
File: tumblr skellington.png (19 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
tumblr skellington.png
19 KB, 500x439
>>17835185
>Folger MS Vb26: Book of Spirits
Shit, I keep meaning to read that. Maybe I should just throw it onto my phone and give it a look sometime I'm out and bored.

I need to read a lot of things.
>>
>>17839250
I know that feel.
>>
Anyone feel like talking about the Sloane MSS?
>>
>Library full of horseshit disguised as 'occultism'
kill yourself
>>
File: a_single_cloud.jpg (166 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
a_single_cloud.jpg
166 KB, 512x384
>>17840440
Oh, hey, wanna tell me what's wrong with the six academic texts in the OP or the 14 entries from the Sloane Manuscripts or why they don't count as occultism, or are you just here to bitch and moan?
>>
How do you invoke/get possessed only without physical aids (or bullshit rituals)? Ceremonnial Magic makes me cringe. My subconscious is unable to get impressed by bullshit rituals.
>>
>>17838204
how does "Technically speaking one does not need to Cross to know Binah" follow from "AC relates experiences of Briah as early as 1906/7 as per diaries"

or am i misunderstanding? and in the last thread, yeah i was referring to gravity Newton
>>
>>17840501
Gravitiy is not real, sorry.
>>
>>17840444

do those nigga triples (chekem) confirm picture not shoped?
>>
>>17840498
1) Go to the desert. Preferably not one that's fucking gigantic that you'll get lost in. Find a nice dry rugged patch ringed by towns or at least that has lights coming from every direction should you find yourself on the top of a hill. Bring a few extra bottles of water, maybe a pair of seroquel in case of srs emergency.

2) Don't eat for 24-48 hours. Overhydrate yourself slightly.

3) Eat one large handful of mixed peyote buttons and dried psicubes, preferably under a clear evening sky.

4) Pick a direction, start walking.

5) ???

6) Prophet.
>>
>>17840509
yes, I'm afraid that is a real weather balloon.
>>
>>17840501
Briah (Beri'ah) is level of reality in which Binah rests. One needs to navigate Da'at but this is NOT the same as confronting Choronzon in the 10th Enochian Aethyr. They are similar events along the same vector but are not 1:1. Crowley only technically approached the Abyss, as opposed to Binah, around 1909.

One likely needs to be sensitive to Briah to navigate the ordeal in said Aethyr.
>>
>>17840515
what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>17840519
Kabbalah, specifically the sefira and their relation to the "four worlds" (sometimes five) or their divisions of reality.
>>
>>17840523
I was wondering, do you know if there is any relation between the 7 core chakras in the nergy body and the kabbalistic sefira? I saw images of aligning them to one another, but they were pretty inconsistent.
>>
File: direction_rise.gif (16 KB, 271x728) Image search: [Google]
direction_rise.gif
16 KB, 271x728
>>17840529
Inherently? No.
In elaboration? Maybe.
>>
>>17840532
thoughts on this? http://www.occult-advances.org/lightning.shtml
>>
>>17837961
>Really the whole thing's a lot clearer after you go through the Comments and Liber 333.

Gosh. I should never have thought of that.

I think the idea that we're stuck doing what we're meant to do was just so damn depressing, and so depressingly obvious, that I could never get on board. All the tinsel and pretense couldn't hide or sugar-coat that one. I never saw the message of liberation in it that others seemed to find.

I'm still somewhat resentful, but mostly feel better about it, these days. If this is the lie we're supposed to tell in order to lead kindergärtners to the light, then so be it.

>>17838018
>Not that WOTD are a great source or anything

He's a pretty good source, really.

>>17838128
>Wait, are you saying that you crossed the abyss? I thought you were in the sphere of Chesed... Do tell, please!

I would appear to be, wouldn't I?

I was across the Abyss and fell, in '90, and have since clawed my way back again. There's not a lot to say about it.

>>17838204
>Moving into the 9th Aethyr, however does imply Crossing.

Apparently so.

>>17838319
>If the second sefirah's the lightning strike, the third is the rolling thunder therefrom. Both are sensed as waves, quick or slow, but through different mediums.

That's a tasty way of putting it. Kudos!
>>
>>17840515
Kabbalah is best studied in a group, do you know how I could go about finding one? Especially one with the proper intentions and a proper teacher. If it is a physical group I am willing to travel anywhere to continue my journey.
>>
>>17840425
>Sloane 3628: Angelic Heirarchy and Magical Journal 1686 to 1688 (Elias Ashmole's, also in Enochian Folder)

I haven't looked at this one in years. We had it on microfilm and I remember Clay shooting copies. To me, the most interesting thing was Ashmole working the Dee material.

>>17840510
>underrated post

>>17840515
>One likely needs to be sensitive to Briah to navigate the ordeal in said Aethyr.

Wch is probably related to our bodhisattva discussion.
>>
>>17840615
>If this is the lie we're supposed to tell in order to lead kindergärtners to the light, then so be it.

And, lest anyone get in a snit, I love kindergärtners or I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>17840513
kek
>>
>>17835181
>https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
Does the *COT have textbooks or is it just oral classes and "read that book" assignments?
If the former, do you have them in your mega folder?
>>
Are laypeople welcome to watch masses in OTO lodges? Is it safe?
>>
>>17840919

Yes and, in most cases, yes.
>>
>>17835181
>>17835185

sauce on those two images? is there a better resolution ones?
>>
the Dragon Book Of Essex by Andrew D. Chumbley
>>
>>17840615
>He's a pretty good source, really.

He's good at bringing bullshit to light, but I've seen articles where he's been wrong about people I know as well.

Doesn't discredit WoTD, more like I just tend to add a pinch of salt to each article
>>
>>17841181

Fair enough. He can be cranky, sometimes.
>>
Why are these threads filled with those that do not carry the essence of air? You are wasting your time, you are not real adepts and cannot succeed in this lifetime.
>>
>>17841598
Then teach us the ways of True Mysticism®, O' Ascended Master™.

Inb4
>I'm not allowed.
>You wouldn't understand anyway.
>Random insults.
>>
>>17841606
well what he's saying, in his own douchebag way, is that you seem to be reaching for something that you're not quite grasping
>>
>>17841606
There is nothing to teach. You are either a carrier and are aware of it, or you are not.

No matter what you do, you cannot escape your nature.
>>
File: hngh.jpg (122 KB, 609x559) Image search: [Google]
hngh.jpg
122 KB, 609x559
>>17841613
>you wouldn't understand anyway
Like pottery.
>>
>>17841611
But how? What is my aim and how have I failed to grasp it?

>>17841613
>You wouldn't understand anyway.
Classic.
>>
>>17841613
>You are either a carrier and are aware of it, or you are not.
Like HIV
>>
>>17841622
>But how? What is my aim and how have I failed to grasp it?
Well all this talk, the funny names, the pratices, that's all a task, or a series of behaviours that are fueled by something and intend to reach some end.
For instance the sexual drive makes us do all sorts of things and the goal is the to attain a partner and with that sexual release. There is tension and resolution, or failure and frustration.
What I see here is that your methods to aquire the female are not really working because you don't meet your end, the release, there's no story just a pilling of "experiments" or failed attempts at reaching the goal, which is in this sense spiritual knowledge or understanding.
>>
>>17841622
See, this is how you have outed yourself as a golem.

You create a label for a certain behaviour that you use to free yourself from the burden of questioning whether there may be a higher understanding you are not grasping.

But that is fine, it is not within your power to grasp it, it is outside of your jurisdiction, so to speak.

You will of course deflect this entire post as well, as that is a part of your inescapable nature.

Worry not, you have plenty of lifetimes to grow.
>>
>>17840515
thanks for responding, here's what i'm unclear on

it seems to me like here >>17838204 you're saying that AC hadn't crossed yet, but he had already known binah because he had experienced briah. For knowing binah to follow from experiencing briah it would have to be the case that binah is the lowest sephirah in briah. Sorry if this is all quite obvious, but i had thought that in Crowley's tradition 1-3=atziluth and 4-6=briah. for you it's 1: Atziluth 2-3:briah 4-9:yetzirah? If so, where does this disagreement stem from, and if it's not to much to ask, what, in brief is the case for either side?
>>
File: Treeoflife0.gif (24 KB, 329x615) Image search: [Google]
Treeoflife0.gif
24 KB, 329x615
>>17841633
>Well all this talk
About what, the topic I made a thread to talk about?

>the names
Of...?

>the practices
Of...?

>there is tension and resolution
Sounds like the relationship between Teli/Galgal.

>methods to acquire the female
There's one sitting next to me :^)

>no end in release
Interestingly, the goal of some mysticism and tantra.

>>17841634
>golem
Who created me?

>You will of course deflect this entire post as well, as that is a part of your inescapable nature.
Nope, totally, I'm a golem, thanks for noticing!

>>17841635
More like:
>Adam Kadmon = Keter + beyond
>Atziluth = Chockmah
>Briah = Binah
>4-9 = Yetzirah
It's just basic Lurianic Kabbalah...pic related.
>>
>>17841654
>>Adam Kadmon = Keter + beyond
>>Atziluth = Chockmah
>>Briah = Binah
>>4-9 = Yetzirah
>It's just basic Lurianic Kabbalah...pic related.
yeah, that makes more sense with the attributions to the levels of the soul too. So how did cats like Eshelman come up with the three triplet notion? So what's the difference between olam haba and olam habriah?
>>
>>17841654
Are you well Ape? You seem off. I'm not talking about something specific I'm using metaphors to talk about your behaviour in general, and not just yours but the people in this thread generally, the pratice of occultism such as you guys seem to pratice. And the "female" was also a metaphor for the intent I was calling you out as neckbeard virigin, if I wanted to do that I would.

Now for the goal of mysticism and tantra, or whatever fancy word you want to call it, it's not important what the goal is, like sexual realease it's not important how you get to it, atleast for the discussion, what's important is that you get to it. And your methods are not getting to it. You guys don't seem or sound wiser, and more of your true self, or closer to opening the golden flower, or making the red tinture, or whatever. And what I see is that in response to frustration you seem to dig even deeper into systematic pratice and knowledge and bury yourselves in this words so much that you actually believe they are true, more than that through magickal pratice you percieve them as true. Yet you remain none the wiser, no closer to your true self, still not turning shit into gold. Why is that? Maybe instead of digging down you should be looking up. Who knows, maybe...
>>
>>17841674
>olam habriah
Is.

>olam haba
Isn't yet.

>Eshelman come up with the three triplet notion
I unno, where did Gunther get the batshit idea that the stages of Alchemy aren't complete by Tifaret? I ain't keeper of Thelema's DEEPEST LORE here.
>>
>>17841681
>I was calling you
NOT calling you
>>
File: Catherine_of_Siena.jpg (83 KB, 437x704) Image search: [Google]
Catherine_of_Siena.jpg
83 KB, 437x704
Help me out here m8s

So it strikes me that the key to most mystical paths is essentially dissolving one's own self or will and replacing it with the divine Self or Will, i.e. removing basic, changeable desires, will, instincts etc and aligning it to a greater, more eternal Will.

For example:
>Christianity does this through denying oneself and devoting oneself in endless love to Christ, thus eroding one's sense of self (as well as things like charity and selflessness)
>Islam does this largely through adherence to the law of God, i.e. your will is removed in favour of the laws of God, thus eroding your sense of self
>Buddhism does this through proving to oneself that all material desires are pointless
>Thelema seeks to put the HGA in the driving seat, though I'm not clear on exactly how one gets to that point

So, the end goal of mysticism, to my eyes at least, involves suppressing one's own individualism and sense of self and replacing it with a broader Self, right?

In that case, shouldn't Best Korea be more spiritually advanced than anyone else? Their entire society is based around the concept of submitting to the will of the group rather than your own desires. Why are they not a country of Ascended Masters®? What is the 'other' bit of mysticism that sets it apart from that?

Or have I got everything completely backwards?
>>
>>17841681
What's most hilarious is that you're telling me that I have goals outside of finish off the KU rite tomorrow, not telling me what those goals are, then telling me I've not reached them.

>none the wiser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1siWHmKV5c
>>
>>17841694
>Or have I got everything completely backwards?
Even Will must be offered up on the altars of Love's sacrifice, leaving only the smoke and ash of regret.

Forest for trees, etc. Each "mysticism" is it's own self contained system. There is no inherent analog between this or that culture (see earlier comments on Chakras & Sefira). Moreover, the idea of "True Self" as a psychological phenomenon is an idea that Crowley himself rails against in Magick Without Tears.
>>
>>17841698
Well let the ones who eyes see and the one who have hears listen.

Anyway I'm not saying goals in your personal perspective, I'm saying that there is something in our nature that propels us for spiritual activities. Much like the sex drive for such activities as courting a female. Now read back what I wrote with that in mind.
>>
>>17841710
>Even Will must be offered up on the altars of Love's sacrifice, leaving only the smoke and ash of regret.

So what end does one arrive at when one 'finishes' mysticism?

>Each "mysticism" is it's own self contained system.
>There is no inherent analog between this or that culture

So the process of mystical attainment doesn't arrive at the same end point for everyone?

I had assumed that humans came built-in with a method of reaching this state, and that different mystical traditions were simply different approaches to it.

>Moreover, the idea of "True Self" as a psychological phenomenon is an idea that Crowley himself rails against in Magick Without Tears.

What does the HGA represent in Thelema, in that case?
>>
>>17841717
And you appear to be under the impression that climax/consummation is the ONLY outcome of that desire.

From David Chaim Smith:
>Practitioners pass through the precarious junctures by adopting an attitude common in theistic systems. This is the view that absolute knowledge is ungraspable, thus one never meets 'face to face' with “God”. There is no concrete destination that can be reached. This leaves raw aspirations free to mix with pregnant space. Once theistic associations are extracted, the disposition of 'not reaching' remains an effective contemplative method. It naturally adapts to the disposition of phenomena, which are indeed infinite, with no (En) end (Sof), and it prevents subtle reification from coagulating into the most intangible of klipot.
But I guess yours is the only opinion that matters on the subject?
>>
>>17841694
rough bastardization of sloterdijk model of the practicing life
have sense of self
join practice community
a notion of ideal self is informed by community norms that can be realized with practice
Struggle with practice, split yourself into the practicing self and the guardian angel, which is you as this ideal self
Guardian angel goads you when you're lazy, tends to you when you're weak and wounded you long for it and pursue it with the practice.
As you identify more and more with angel but still to some degree with naive self you realize there's a third thing which has been there all along that's bigger than either of you, it comes through more and more in the space created in your self-conception by the tension between the old I and the angel. Merge with angel, dissolve the union in the third thing.
>>
>>17841721
>What does the HGA represent in Thelema, in that case?
>Chapter XLIII: The Holy Guardian Angel is not the "Higher Self" but an Objective Individual
http://hermetic.com/crowley/magick-without-tears/mwt_43.html
In any case, I've yet to parse if the """individual will""" is replaced by that of the Angel at in Magistry, by that of the Cynocephalus in Magistry, or of nothing happens at all in Magistry and that all the metaphor about movement is simply a shorthand for shifting priorities.

>same end-points
I'd say pretty rarely. The mountain of attainment's the same for all. The ROUTE you pick will take your through cliffs and ravines that other routes won't have.

Most people head back down when they get a decent close vantage perspective of the peak, almost nobody climbs to the very top to circle around and attempt integrating the views...the way there and back's arduous enough as it is without lingering...moreover, why would you when your mission in the first place was to plant a flag within ten meters of the east face of the peak?
>>
>>17841724
>But I guess yours is the only opinion that matters on the subject?
See you bitting at me for no reason, this is when I know I'm hitting you on a personal level, but I'm not doing this to offend you, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Now I did not say that I'm for the ultimate meeting god orgasmic blow your socks off ultimate spiritual experience. I know far too well it's a process, it's like I said a task and besides something that does not end. Much like the sex drive, I return to this because it makes sense, even after you had sex and maybe have a stable partner and maybe even had kids (which you could argue was the goal in the species point of view) even after all that the sex drive does not simply vanish, the task is not complete, and if you're lucky it will never truly vanish completly in your lifetime.

BUT What I am saying IS:
Let's say hypotetically, that this quest is a search for the spirit.
Now the spirit is a bitch and as we know bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.
Now what YOU're doing is you think through systematic learning, using the right words, the proper rituals at the proper times (the planets did align, the moon in the 7th house) that this bitch is gonna suck yo dick because of that.
And I'm saying is that this bitch is not gonna suck yo dick AT ALL. She doesn't care for that shit. But you do and you're so into it that she's gonna run off with some other craftier nigga.
>>
>>17841738
>The mountain of attainment's the same for all
What leads you to believe this?
>>
>>17841741
I don't know about you, but I'm just here to see what all is going on in my head, what is me, and if I end and everything else begins. Also get off the ride.
>>
>>17841742
Person A may be in a valley on the east face, while person B may be on a cliff on the west.

The character of stone layers and species appears to be roughly similar. Hence all these "almost similarities" that folks try to kludge together: Sefira and chakras. Will and minstream. Kokopelli and the unsealing trumpets. Qayin and Zahak.

These are all not 1:1, but have *roughly* similar forms...the best explanation I have which appears sensible is that they're different locations in the same biome.
>>
>>17835300
How do I read "pictures" like these? I'm not even sure that's the correct term. I can spot a few things but I can't connect them. It looks like it tells a story or at least "paints a picture" of an event, an ongoing even or something else. A peek into the astral realm?
>>
I'm an illiterate asshole so I will just ask, do you have anything on psychic manifestation or something along those lines?
>>
How do I get Siddhis? Specifically, what kind of practices do I need to do? Obviously Yoga, but what else?
>>
>>17841613
>There is nothing to teach. You are either a carrier and are aware of it, or you are not.

kek

>>17841633
>What I see here is that your methods to aquire the female

top kek!

>>17841654
>Adam Kadmon = Keter + beyond
>Atziluth = Chockmah

Woh. News to me.

>>17841698

Wait. Didn't he just refute himself?

>>17841738
>In any case, I've yet to parse if the """individual will""" is replaced by that of the Angel at in Magistry, by that of the Cynocephalus in Magistry, or of nothing happens at all in Magistry and that all the metaphor about movement is simply a shorthand for shifting priorities.

Or perhaps the will of the Master is the word of the Magician?

The only definite statement I can make is that the 'truth' isn't going to be simple.

>>17841741
>And I'm saying is that this bitch is not gonna suck yo dick AT ALL. She doesn't care for that shit. But you do and you're so into it that she's gonna run off with some other craftier nigga.

Really not getting the point, here.

>>17842681
>psychic manifestation

Could you elaborate?

>>17842850
>Obviously Yoga, but what else?

Raja yoga, zazen.
>>
>>17843537
>top kek!
Yeah disregard instead of trying to understand what I said, keep playing the magician while you're as clueless as anyone else.
>>
>>17843553
But you've not actually said anything, it's all just incredibly vague "no-huh" shit with like no grounding in established mystical tradition.

I asked you to explicate without saying we wouldn't understand and you said we wouldn't understand, despite being able to question your line of thinking using passages from contemporary mystics.

All you've got is "nope", "u mad", and "ur a gollum".
>>
>>17843559
No I'm not that guy I actually made my point pretty clear and none you adressed it

>>17841741
>>
>>17841741
But I already did:
>Let's say hypotetically (sic), that this quest is a search for the spirit.

>>17841724
>From David Chaim Smith:
>>Practitioners pass through the precarious junctures by adopting an attitude common in theistic systems. This is the view that absolute knowledge is ungraspable, thus one never meets 'face to face' with “God”. There is no concrete destination that can be reached. This leaves raw aspirations free to mix with pregnant space. Once theistic associations are extracted, the disposition of 'not reaching' remains an effective contemplative method. It naturally adapts to the disposition of phenomena, which are indeed infinite, with no (En) end (Sof), and it prevents subtle reification from coagulating into the most intangible of klipot.

I'm not sure how much more clear I can be; you seem to think there's a hypothetical possibility that the goal of the praxes I'm using is consummation when I've indicated that's not a possibility on the table. The interplay of aspiration + the field it expresses in may, or may not, lead to Face, but Face is irrelevant in the interplay of aspiration + field.

You can say "what if" all day long, but the approach I'm taking via the systems used indicate otherwise.

Moreover, I'm not particularly interested in hearing your hypotheticals until I have some sense that you know more about Gnosticism, Kabbalah, and alchemy than DCS, or are at least on equal footing with the dude experientially.
>>
any book here that can help with severe depression and unfounded hopelessness?
thanks!
>>
>>17843553
>Yeah disregard instead of trying to understand what I said

But what you said doesn't make much sense. What female?
>>
>>17843589
>I'm not sure how much more clear I can be; you seem to think there's a hypothetical possibility that the goal of the praxes I'm using is consummation when I've indicated that's not a possibility on the table. The interplay of aspiration + the field it expresses in may, or may not, lead to Face, but Face is irrelevant in the interplay of aspiration + field.

I already said that is not my perspective right here>>17841741
>I did not say that I'm for the ultimate meeting god orgasmic blow your socks off ultimate spiritual experience.

Now just because it's not consummation that doesn't mean you dont achieve "release" and further understanding, if you don't then that means you're doing something wrong, and that's basically my whole argument

>Moreover, I'm not particularly interested in hearing your hypotheticals until I have some sense that you know more about Gnosticism, Kabbalah, and alchemy than DCS, or are at least on equal footing with the dude experientially.
Of course you're not interested, this talk puts everything you spent years doing in danger. Moreover see how you're doing exactly what I've said before, burying yourselve in systematic knowledge such as >>17843589
>Gnosticism, Kabbalah, and alchemy
and refusing communication as a normal human being. Because in that sense we are in equal footing with everyone else and that's a scary notion for someone that paints himself or others as "wiser" or with more valid opinions on the human experience. This from a guy that some posts ago put forth a video of angry zizek saying that wisdom is disgusting.
>>
>>17843612
It's a metaphor, try to keep up
>>
>>17843622
>Of course you're not interested, this talk puts everything you spent years doing in danger.

At least they're entertaining.

>This from a guy that some posts ago put forth a video of angry zizek saying that wisdom is disgusting.

You're really late to the party, there. Maybe your superior wisdom is having an off day?
>>
>>17843628
>It's a metaphor, try to keep up

Why choose a metaphor that offers no meaningful parallels with the thing it's attempting to signify?
>>
>>17843636
I used the sexual drive and sexual oriented behavior as an example, a more tangible one, for what the drive towards spiritual behaviour, such as occult as magickal pratices, is and represents. Furthermore I used sex, and the attainment of a partner (the female in that example) as a metaphor for the goal of spiritual oriented behaviour. I think it was clear and if read through the posts you would have understood that, besides I had already explained it.

>>17843632
>Maybe your superior wisdom is having an off day?
It's you saying that not me, I'm just a person expressing my opinion, the fact that you reply, jokingly or not, is completly up to you.
>>
>>17843646
>I think it was clear and if read through the posts you would have understood that, besides I had already explained it.

I've always found beating off in public a challenge, what with the distractions and all. My compliments.

>>17843646
>I'm just a person expressing my opinion

Unlikely. It's possible that you're this poorly socialized, but I doubt it. It's also possible that you really do have a superior vantage point, but there's nothing leading an informed observer to believe that's the case.
>>
>>17843622
>if you don't then that means you're doing something wrong, and that's basically my whole argument
Which flies in the face of arguments by established mystics so until you show me some indication that you've surpassed those mystics, I don't have to hold anything you say more seriously than anybody else who tells me they know best.

>this talk puts everything you spent years doing in danger
?

>refusing communication as a normal human being
See my first point, I wouldn't listen to a birdwatcher about the intricacies of anthropology, nor do I have any particular reason to listen to someone who shows zero interest in engaging in the traditions or praxes I'm using on how wrong they are.

So, I'm waiting. Blow me away. Show me how wrong DCS is. Don't give me your """metaphor""", fuckin' crack open Fountain of Wisdom or Sefer Yetzirah and just demolish our worldview.
>>
>>17843537
>Raja yoga, zazen.
So just dyanna and yoga? I do that and I still don't have siddhis.

Anything else?
>>
>>17843691
>I do that and I still don't have siddhis.

If you've attaining dhyana, why are you chasing siddhis?

Makes no sense.
>>
>>17843661
>>17843670
Sad to dissapoint both of you my I am a person, not an ascended master, and in that sense what I have to offer you is just the fact that I can tell you what I think in the best way I can formulate it, and that's just what I did. I didn't mean anything as a personal attack to anyone, which doesn't mean it isn't, because I'm talking about very personal stuff and life defining choices. And that's just what I'm saying too, how you individualy aproach your own spirituality or spiritual path, or praxes, whatever you want to call it, that's gonna affect your entire life in a defining way.

Now I personally diverge from paths that rely upon systematic reasoning and knowledge, but that does not mean, and realize how absurd what you're proposing here is, that I'm not a person with my own spiritual urge, what I'm arguing is that this is common to everyone, and in that sense it doesn't matter how expert you are in a certain tradition or even in all the traditions. It's a personal quest, informed by millenia of history yes, but that's just as everything else, even our dna tells the history of life from the first living cell up to now.

Now just because my choice of spirituality differs from yours, as for example my sexual preference might differ from yours, that doesn't mean I can't have knowledge of spirituality and perhaps even give you a view that you cannot find confined whitin a certain system of knowledge. Now take that as you may.

>>17843670
>fuckin' crack open Fountain of Wisdom or Sefer Yetzirah and just demolish our worldview.

The reason that you ask for this tells me you eager for this, and there's a reason to be hungry or thirsty. Maybe the food and drink you're used to taking isn't very nurishing. just a thought
>>
>>17843698
>If you've attaining dhyana, why are you chasing siddhis?
Because I'm not a naive dipshit who thinks that Siddhis are haram.

I recommend you read Sinister Yogis by David Gordon. Siddhis are a legitimate pursuit and always have been. It's only a recent delusion that they're somehow to be avoided. Clearly, you can't help me with attaining them.
>>
>>17843711
>Sinister Yogis
Just FYI, I keep an entire folder mostly on Vamacarana. I don't think many people here need a rundown on what's possible in that avenue when the source texts and philosophers are in the OP.

>>17843700
>Maybe the food and drink you're used to taking isn't very nurishing (sic).
Or maybe I'm just interested in one of the many purveyors of empty criticism to engage in a good-faith discussion on the things they're criticizing, for once.
>>
>>17843731
>Or maybe I'm just interested in one of the many purveyors of empty criticism to engage in a good-faith discussion on the things they're criticizing, for once.
Well let the ones who have ears listen and the ones who have eyes see, I've said my peace and like you said I have no business talking about the kaballah or alchemy.
>>
>>17843598
none then?
ok
>>
>>17841598
What is the essence of air?
>>
>>17843845
Probably a Bardon reference, if I know our usual shitposters.

Reminds me, I gotta bleach the library of all Bardon material.

>>17843836
>medication
>psychotherapy
>>
>>17843700
>Sad to dissapoint both of you my I am a person, not an ascended master

I noticed.

>Now take that as you may.

Many thanks.

>The reason that you ask for this tells

*wankwankwank*

>>17843711

You're lost.

>>17843745
>piece

>>17843836

If at all possible, you are better off getting professional help. Seriously.
>>
>>17843537
>Could you elaborate?
Like, making things with your brain that interact with the world.
>>
>>17843881

I think the chaos magicians indulge in something similar. You might start there.
>>
>>17843886
thanks, family
>>
>>17835635
>when's the last time you evoked something to visible manifestation, vapor, or even minor interaction?

When's the last time you'd considered whether it's physically real, or perceptually real?

I mean, sure, it could be a hallucination driven by mysterious forces, but that requires additional confirmation, which I've yet to experience myself.

>>17836277
>girl
Women. Girls are illegal. You pedo.
>>
>>17843917
>Women. Girls are illegal. You pedo.
yeah because fucking corpses is A-okay, you idiot
>>
>>17843879
Oh you're just simple. Okay then keep on sucking your Crowley cock daily, cuz let's be honest you gave up your own individuality a long time ago
>>
everyone says banishing rituals are the key to successful magicianhood but i find crowley's lbrp and such not really my style. i'd prefer to go back to the sources and find a banishing ritual that makes sense to me rather than use something i don't like or understand. i ask because i often have troubling dreams and feel like a banishing ritual might help.
>>
File: 1465179605204.jpg (97 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1465179605204.jpg
97 KB, 600x535
>>17843942
>people interested in one man's studies can only be interested in that man's studies and none else.
lyl
>>
>>17843955
Source for LBRP, iirc, is Levi, which looks almost exactly like GD/Crowley's LBRP.

If you want variant banishing protocols, get a trishul and when you're in a bind, visualize yourself as Bhairava and the trishul as a thunderbolt vaporizing the object of your ire while you brandish it.
>>
>>17843942
shut the fuck up

your posts literally make me wanna end the human race knowing that subhuman trash like you exist and have the gall to think yourself superior to people who attempt to rise above the shit you wallow in

the only people who have eyes to see and ears to hear what you're saying are those who have been mentally handicapped to your level and have not the eyes to see or ears to hear the much more intelligent thoughts of men like crowley whom you dismiss
>>
File: 1464032978502.jpg (48 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1464032978502.jpg
48 KB, 510x546
>>17843973
Double lyl.
>>
>>17843973
>intelligent thoughts of men like crowley whom you dismiss
then just keep sucking his cock why do you care with what I say
>>
File: 1444277094296.jpg (94 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
1444277094296.jpg
94 KB, 540x398
>>17843980
>consumption of literature's equivalent of fellatio
C'mon, guys, you're not even trying.
>>
>>17843879
>If at all possible, you are better off getting professional help. Seriously.
>>17843873
>medication
>psychotherapy
thanks, i know.
i was wondering if there is any occult way to you know, face them demons in my mind, or realize that which helps me.
occultists always start with strengthening their will, and that seems like a good place to begin for me s well. any recommendations on books for this?
>>
>>17843961

It's devolving.
>>
File: smalllongleggedsprdecomp.png (4 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
smalllongleggedsprdecomp.png
4 KB, 640x480
>>17843989
you're memeing too hard today ape give it a rest
>>
File: 1445035933737.gif (957 KB, 492x330) Image search: [Google]
1445035933737.gif
957 KB, 492x330
>>17844000
>Ain Soph Aur trips
fak u gooby
>>
>>17843836
>>17843598

Hi Anon, I'll write up something that helped me immensely. Everyone's situation is different; it can even be physical (imbalances in brain chemistry, etc.). It's best to find a *good* qualified psychotherapist (not always easy). If you are finding that this is significantly impairing you on a day to day basis, find a qualified practitioner that can prescribe you medication.

This is something my trauma specialist taught me, with a few of my own elaborations. It is not a solution, but will help you get started if you pursue it consistently.

Prerequisites:
-Cut out as much junk food as possible and replace them with healthy, nourishing foods. Supplement vitamin D, as this can amplify depression if you are deficient in it.

-Start working out on a consistent basis. Swimming and weightlifting are excellent choices, but choose whatever suits your needs. I recommend going over to the sticky in /fit/ and giving it a read. You'll be surprised how good you feel after the workout, and how much it can contribute to your well-being. This can be very difficult, but if you push yourself, I promise it will help a lot.

-A consistent routine, going to bed at the same time, etc. Adults should be getting *at least* eight hours of sleep. Sleep deprivation can seriously fuck with you. If you are having trouble sleeping, and exhausted the common techniques, do not be afraid to take small naps when the body feels the need to. Although, do not resort to that unless you have exhausted other options.

-Every day when you come home from work/school or finished with your errands, find a nice place in your house (preferably under sunlight) and do a simple meditation, about 10-15mins. Do not think about anything, just take deep breaths, and relax and let the air fall out of your lungs gently. Don't stress this; if you feel uncomfortable just stop the meditation early. If you can workout at this time, it's best to workout before you do this. (CONT)
>>
>>17843993

Zazen/dharana will teach to have better awareness and control of your thoughts. Even mantra yoga can help, there. There is a behavioral component to SOME depressive episodes, a bad thought or negative emotional outburst can propel one into a bad place. Controlling the mind can help with that.

Hatha yoga could help as well. Negative emotions get stored in your body's skeletal-muscular system and yoga can help work on that systematically.

If you're going a meditation route, like zazen/dharana, then consider Christopher Hyatt's, Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation. It's powerful stuff.

>>17844010

Quite sound.
>>
>>17844014
>>17844010
thanks anon
let's get started on this
>>
>>17844010
-Go on walks, get as much sunlight as possible. You'll be surprised how good the light of the sun can make you feel if you spend time outside. Too much artificial light can amplify the effects of depression.

Now,

You're going to want to keep a journal. You'll need to write it in, so make sure it is away from prying eyes or family, etc. Computers do not work for this, it must be your hand. It will not be so good if something like this is found. This has a cumulative effect; the more consistent you are with this the better the results. If you just stop repeatedly along the way, it will not do you any good, really.

After your first meditation session after work, etc. Write on one side of a piece of paper, any negative thoughts. Just write. As silly as it is, it will just come out naturally as you write. At first, this can be pretty damn long. Be honest, and write. When you are finished, read them to yourself. On the other side of the paper, you must write positive statements to counteract these negative statements. Use specific experiences in your life to help reinforce and justify these positive statements. This is why I recommend the meditation beforehand, as it will help you relax and remember things much more effectively and efficiently. This will be long at first, and a little silly, but it works very well. Eventually the negative thoughts will surface like crazy, alongside many horrendous negative emotions. If you do this enough, you will automatically counteract these negative thoughts with the positive experiences that you used to justify your positive statements.

Now before bed (seriously right before you hop into bed and fall sleep) do the very simple meditation I described above (No writing here, just meditate). When you are finished, pull out a piece of paper. Say outloud, something along the lines of, "I will remember all of my dreams upon awakening in clarity.In my dreams, show me what is wrong, I am not afraid, I am true to myself(CON
>>
>>17844061
Then after saying this outloud, with your non-dominant writing hand (if you are left handed, use the right. If you are right-handed, use the left), write down what you have written. You must believe this, and be honest. Go to sleep... Upon awakening, make notes of your dreams. Write them down. Especially note the vivid parts and special symbols that "call out" to you. The meaning of these symbols can be interpreted by a combination of what they might mean to you, and using online "dream dictionaries". Don't totally rely on these dictionaries, as most of them are bullshit. They can help you somewhat though, when combined with your own experience. This is why a psychotherapist is very useful; they can give you amazing insights that you never have thought before.You can also take these symbols into your meditations to further help understand their meaning. Talking to a psychotherapist can also help unearth the roots to these problems/ understand the symbols, so don't feel shy to find a good one. Just keep trying, anon; there IS a light a the end of the tunnel. When you reach it, you will feel AMAZING. The thing is to be brutally honest with yourself, and to keep trying. To this day I struggle, but I am so much better off than years before... Just keep trying, and you will make it. This will definitely help you get started, but definitely try to seek help. You're not alone, and everyone has their struggles to fight throughout their lifetimes. If you have family, or close friends that understand, they are invaluable to spend time with and talk about these things. Locking yourself up will just make things worse. Good luck anon, I hope you find the light at the end of the tunnel and feel fantastic again. How you further deal with these things, is unique to each and really up to you. Don't be afraid, be honest, and keep pushing it. Good luck m8
>>
>>17844014
Also consider this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's a book on zazan, "Three Pillars of Zazen" that has great techniques on how to start medtating (I think it's in the MEGA).

Shieeeettttt I took a long ass time to write this lol. Good luck anon!
>>
>>17844061
>>17844102
thank man, i will
hope that you get better as well. thanks for pouring your self out, the effort is much appreciated. i never put enough focus on my dreams, but i'll try.
>>
>>17844112

The Three Pillars of Zen, yes. It's quite good.
>>
>>17844114
Thanks ;^) just one last thing- you need to find something that can help you realize just how easy it is to make yourself happy. Just a momentary glimpse, to realize that happiness is can be reached. What broke it for me was getting high (weed only, mind you), taking a bath while having the shower running, and jerking off. It felt amazing, and just taught me that it IS achievable... as silly as it sounds. I would also recommend weed if it's cheap in your area, as it works wonders to help these meditation sessions. Just every now and then is good; don't over-do it (it's pretty easy to do, especially when depressed) Good luck mang, it's hard, but doable. I personally, didn't have these experiences to justify my positive thoughts; I needed to re-create them... I hope it's not that bad. All the best.
>>
>>17844169
^^^ Yes that's the book. I'm in a rush so I need to take off now. Wew.
>>
>>17844191
>>17844201

And hang in there, folks! You really aren't alone.
>>
>>17843879
>4 replies to people
And not a single argument. You crowley-zazencucks are showing your true colors.
>>
>>17841598
>you are not real adepts and cannot succeed in this lifetime.
These people are just circle-jerking over materialistic zazen crowley bullshit thread after thread. They're a lost cause m8
>>
>>17844010
I have to counter the sleep thing. 7 hours for a short amount of time does some shit to you for the better. You feel more refreshed and not as groggy and half dead. I wouldn't do it more than a week or two as it can make you manic, but it really helps in throwing off depression. The real point is to not oversleep, which is worse, and to fix your circadian rhythm. But I'm the type to sleep 12 hours instead of have insomnia when the dark times rolled in.

Probably the best thing is getting up with the sun, especially in winter. You really do need as much sunlight as you can get. You don't have to sit out in it long, but grounding yourself to the rising of the sun is powerful shit.
>>
>>17844454
Bi and polyphasic sleep is a thing too.
I've found it helps those who have problems holding otherwise normative rhythms. Fit one in at night and you'll get most of your restorative/repair benefits that you lose out on doing something like day sleeping as well.

I ran on polyphasic between second year of high school and college, when I could.
>>
>>17844494
Hypno-polyphasic sleep is a thing too. You can then move around the sleep periods a bit (30-60 minutes up or down) depending on your needs.
>>
>>17844494
For the layman with no frame of reference, which item in the MEGA would you recommend reading first? second?
>>
>>17844795
Initiation into Hermetics is a must and then read something by Robert Bruce.
>>
>>17842336
pls respond ;_;
>>
>>17845148
In my understanding that image is related to Fuller's Angel given the basic format. Quick rundown:
>Four elemental watchers
>Ouroboros ringing
>Crown of 11 jewels (for Abrahadabra)
>Mind as the ritual weapon of the blade
>Rainbow for YHVH
>49 petaled rose (probably, can't see too well) for Babalon
>Elemental star
>Now that I think about it general format of Tree of Life given the cross in the circle at the lower apex of the pentacle
>Radiating out into the letters of godnames, one of which is Adonai

To get familiar with the symbols you gotta, like, study mysticism.

>>17844961
Thankfully there's no Bardon to download anymore.
>>
>>17845148
You memorize what someone says they mean and start building a map of it that you base your perceptions around. Then you see things that way.

It may relate to underlying structures, but symbolic language is only a crass interpretation of the noumenon, which can manifest in forms alien to those in nonpracticioners of the specific lineage of the symbolism. The map is not the territory, view of the mountain, blind men and the elephant, stuff ape said up the thread and so on and so forth.
>>
>>17845172
Generally speaking, this is true, I mean look at Chumbley...

But there's little good substitute for sitting down with Paratrishikavivarana, 777, or Bulfinch's Mythology or any number of indices of correlation.
>>
>>17845171
>Thankfully there's no Bardon to download anymore.
Oh? Did everything get DMCA'd?
>>
>>17845199
No I deleted it.
>>
>>17843537
>Woh. News to me.
how would you map it?
>>
>>17845182
I'm just not fond of the academic approach. I feel that like with language, it's simply better to learn your tongue intuitively and natively before throwing grammar and comparative linguistics into it from the start. Of course, this has its own issues, bootstrapping being the first, but it is possible and took me further than correspondence tables and esoterica derived from a book I never read and a church I never went to as a child.

What I have sought is free methodology without symbols based in a culture that isn't my own that I can apply to my own, and what I got were a couple monographs, foundational yoga, the outline of a phenomenological epistemology and a profound distaste for the indoctrination of children.
>>
>>17845386
I will wholeheartedly agree that being able to identify any given symbol is not the same as experiencing what the symbol signifies.
>>
>>17845393
But not that one has their own language that may have no relation to the existing symbols requiring extensive memorization and synthesis into perception and that it is more effective to learn that before shitting it up with the cultural hegemony du jour to the point that it's a thin veneer of individuality and uniqueness over the same cold machines like some epcot attraction.
>>
File: sync.png (550 KB, 687x766) Image search: [Google]
sync.png
550 KB, 687x766
>>
I've noticed that since I began daily meditation practice I've been more frequently and deeply sad. I'm not complaining, it's not a bad thing, there's a sort of clarity and even loveliness to it and it hasn't made me less effective in any obvious way. I don't think it's a coincidence, I think it is the result of having a clearer and more focused mind and not distracting myself habitually. Curious if this is common and if so if it tends to be a passing phase.
>>
>>17845475
O...k?

>>17845509
>In beginning a meditation practice, there is always *If not, one is not working properly*
a quiet pleasure, a gentle natural growth; one takes a lively interest in the work; it seems easy; one is quite pleased to have started. This stage represents Isis.
>Sooner or later it is succeeded by depression--- the Dark Night of the Soul, an infinite weariness and detestation of the work. The simplest and easiest acts become almost impossible to perform. Such impotence fills the mind with apprehension and despair. The intensity of this loathing can hardly be understood by any person who has not experienced it. This is the period of Apophis.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/chap5.htm

See also:
>Molinos
>Kierkegaard
>etc.
>>
>>17845509
From the little experience I've had I think that you're reconnecting with your soul more (although you are it all the time just unconsciously). IMO you're feeling the longing your own soul for God.
>>
File: 1443455546666.jpg (81 KB, 499x700) Image search: [Google]
1443455546666.jpg
81 KB, 499x700
the beginners folder still has a ton of texts in it. is there anywhere specific i should start there? or should i just choose a pdf at random?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.