[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that you fear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: deeperastralknot.jpg (643 KB, 1192x1200) Image search: [Google]
deeperastralknot.jpg
643 KB, 1192x1200
ITT: Irrational fears that we have and think no one else has.

Mine is that I'll slip while shaving and slit my own throat.
>>
>>17480741
I'm afraid of standing in front of a mirror in a dark room
>>
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Cool pic OP.
>>
One word dashounds.
>>
File: lake-kaindy-underwater.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
lake-kaindy-underwater.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
>>17480741
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5333x2071) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5333x2071
>>17480808
I didn't at first notice that this shot was underwater, but it still serves to illustrate a point. I think that fear gets a bad rep. We are constantly told not to live in fear, but I disagree with that admonition. If you go far enough back into our past, fear was the default state - fear of what's lurking in the tall grass, the forest, the water, the dark of the cave. We crave fear; we seek it out, as well we should.

Fear is not and never has been the enemy. Paralysis is. Paralysis leads to stagnation.
>>
Deformed people freak me out.

Dwarves used to frighten me as a child.

It's not really irrational since it's probably just a fear of abnormal people which is probably evolutionary cognition or something.
>>
Demon landing on my on window at night and dragging me to hell.
>>
>>17480791
>One word dashounds.

But 'dashound' isn't a word.
>>
File: Daggg.jpg (1 MB, 1437x1818) Image search: [Google]
Daggg.jpg
1 MB, 1437x1818
When I was little I had an irrational fear of being upstairs in my house alone. I have no idea why, especially going up and down the stairs.

Every time I had to go up and down by myself I would make it a mad dash
>>
>>17480932
Why the stairs? Any idea? I know when I was home alone I wouldn't like to have my back to the rest of the room, so I'd sit in a corner and play my gameboy, or when I went to piss I'd stand on one side of the toilet so I could watch the door. Y'know, like being able to see a sp00k before it killed me would do me any good.
>>
>Someone inventing machine that reads minds.
>Using it on me.
>The whole world finding out what a sick son of a bitch I am.
>>
>>17480755
That can give you mild hallucinations if you do it long enough.
>>
>>17480962
I had that uneasy feeling of something behind me.
I have no idea why I was just uncomfortable and anxious with being upstairs by myself, weird stuff
>>
I'm scared of those wire fences that are put up around construction sites. I'm terrified that a wire will be sticking out and I'll jab my eye out or something.
>>
>>17480965
How about:
>hacker cracks google
>publishes everything
>anyone could check what you have been searching and what you have been doing
>>
>>17480970
Yeah I have the same feeling, hence the whole back to the wall thing.
Nah I get the whole upstairs thing, maybe it was because you knew your were so far from your only real avenue of escape? It was just the climbing of the stairs that intrigued me.
>>
>>17480989
I hear ya. I wish I could go back in time and pick little me's brain about it.
>>
File: 1457653226061.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457653226061.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
>>17480996
Well I mean I still stand around the side of my toilet to piss so there's nothing behind me, not much has changed. But yeah it's pretty weird how we do this stuff and try to come up with rational solutions to irrational problems.
>>
Don't have any such fear anymore, but as a child I was somewhat afraid of these white-robed black-faced humanoids I saw in the woods.

>playing with friends in a forest
>the sun's just set and it's dark
>look deeper into the forest
>see three humans, maybe 40m off, in white robes with blackness where their faces should be
>they're facing towards me, holding hands
>they stay still for a second, then move sideways behind a tree in an almost skipping manner, then disappear
>I'm stuck there wondering what the fuck I just saw and my friends wonder what I'm doing
Only I saw them and they seemingly disappeared into thin air, so we ended up ignoring them.

For a few years forward I'd think I saw them from the corner of my eye, standing in the woods at dusk or at night. Was afraid of going out alone at night because of it.
>>
>>17480741
>slit my throat while shaving.

OP confirmed neckbeard.
>>
>>17481034
Normal men has beard growth in neck too.
>>
>>17481034
he has a beard because he shaves??
>>
>>17480755
This and also afraid of making contact with other people.
>>
>>17481034
yo, normal human being's grow facial hair on their necks
>>
>>17481048
>>17481082
>>17481270
He's a neckbeard because he shaves with a fucking straight blade razor, else he wouldn't be able to slit his throat. Only 50+ men and fedoras use those.
>>
>>17481273
if you like, slip, and swipe a normal razor to the side, it could definitely cut your throat
>>
>>17481273
How can you have neckbeard if you shave your neck?
>>
My ecig mod will explode even when its not hot....

Ill get so curious about sticking my hand in the garbage disposal ill just do it...so I broke the one at home and work so I wouldn't...

That someone has poisoned any and all of my food...

That someone replaced my family with a robots and their not truly human but the replacements...

That im really the only real consciences on the planet and everyone else is a program for some other species of whatever and my whole life is a test or an experiment....

That everything I post online will be read by a government official and they will follow me...

That someone will just randomly molest my kids...
That someone will randomly murder me...

That my wife may have been born a man although that kinda passed when she had children...but if shes a robot that would make sense...
Oh god im so fucked up..
The worst part is theres more.....
>>
File: slurp.png (327 KB, 1128x690) Image search: [Google]
slurp.png
327 KB, 1128x690
that I've experienced something so traumatic and terrible that I've repressed it and don't remember it
>>
>>17481031
niggers in the kkk
>>
>>17481373
Im carefuly listening
>>
>>17481373
>That im really the only real consciences on the planet
>the only real consciences
>consciences

I don't think you have anything to worry about there, anon. You're clearly not conscious.
>>
File: 1442031710212.png (68 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1442031710212.png
68 KB, 300x225
Intel real quick: I'm 6' . But I have the fear of being tiny. And I'm not talking about being 4' 11" kinda thing I'm talking about " honey I shrunk the kids " kinda deal. I remember waking up screaming at night because of a couple dreams like it. It seems childish I know but that's what really gets my heart pumping. Anyone else?
>>
File: small.jpg (1 MB, 2537x1692) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
1 MB, 2537x1692
>>17482100
Like this?
>>
>>17482100
I have a fear of being really big, like as big as the moon. Not really. But think about it, what would the world do to you if you started growing and growing and growing until you started to get to about a third of the size of the moon and started to actually affect life on Earth negatively. Quite interesting. Would everyone, governments, UN or whatnot, get together for a meeting and then come back to you and say, "You're becoming a problem; sorry, we're going to have to eliminate you for the greater good." and then jettison you out into space or nuke you underwater or something? Would be quite interesting how that would play out.
>>
File: beach.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
beach.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>17482141
Like this?
>>
>>17482100
I am kind of like this except I fap to it. The more scary the situation seems, the greater the fap.
>>
>>17482158
Much, much bigger. She'd be an interesting oddity at first and then a tolerable irritation as she gets bigger. When she starts blocking out the light and eating entire crops in one day and starts affecting weather patterns, eventually someone would have to do something about it. It would be interesting though, "Hey, uh... we're going to have to kill you, lady. Um... so yeah."
>>
File: 2spooky.png (1 MB, 1594x776) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.png
1 MB, 1594x776
>>17482176
Pic related.
>>
I'm afraid I'll cut my clit off when I shave near my goodies, just like the woman from Antichrist....

There is not another human in the world that will be happy with me, or that my own standards are too high. (forever alone?)

I'll miss a step and break my neck alone at my apartment and no one will know for days...

I am convinced there is a person living in my attic and comes out at night to watch me sleep and leave lights on.

Opening the dryer and a monster jumps out.

Sleep paralysis.

Forgot to check mail for months, mailbox explode.
>>
>>17480932
Amyone else have this?
>>
OP sometimes when I'm shaving I worry I'll slip and cut my eyeball somehow.

>>17482185
Do you want to be internet friends?
>>
>>17480741
nothing.
>>
>>17482291
I like friends. Let us befriend one another!
>>
Every time I drive under a bridge while someone else crosses above, I imagine it collapsing on me and my tiny car. Pancake
>>
>>17480741
I legit have no fears. I hate my life.
>>
>>17482461
You 'legit' have fears, you're just too thick to reflect upon oneself to understand what those are. twat
>>
>>17480979
Or hacking facebook and publicizing every private chat log ever.
>>
>>17482291
bianca.likes.mail@gmail
>>
>>17480741
i sometimes get really paranoid when looking in the bathroom mirror at night.

also scared that out of nowhere my penis will stop working, and my confidence would shatter with it.
>>
>>17482451
>>17482505
I am not convinced either of you is >>17482185 but uhhhh ok
>>
Your mother
>>
>>17481282
This.
>>
Being watched

Someone finding out my quirky behaviors that come out when i'm alone

Getting caught talking to myself
>>
>>17480741
I'm terrified that if I stand of my feet for too long, the sides of them would split and all my liquidy goodness would pour out.
I also have this reoccurring nightmare that I'm walking over the bridge in my hometown but the river is dry and giant tree, impossibly big, is growing from the river bed.
>>
>>17481938
was your brother eaten by a bird?
>>
>>17480932
Thought I was the only one! Had this until I was 10 or so.
>>
>>17481373
Dude you have OCD
>>
>>17480962
It's fear of the unknown. Having your back to a room and being in the dark both do the same thing. You become aware that there's a big space around you that you are unaware of, you have no idea what's in there so spoops start to form in your peripheral vision and your imagination. Once you open the door to the rest of the house, you realize that the rest of the house is just as dark and just as spoop, but it's even bigger so there's even more space for spoops to hide. For example, right this moment I can see a wall socket out of the corner of my eye and every time I think about it, I think it looks like a tiny man with a white head. Obviously it's not, but it'll still spoop me out.
>>
Horses give me the nopes. I'm cool with all other equine-esque critters. Horses just fuck with my Spidey senses.

Bridges collapsing beneath or in front of me is another one. No basis or experience, just a random thing that passes through my head more often than I'd like.
>>
I have one of the most common fears of all:

Fear of the Dark

Just not knowing what is in front of me. What I cannot see, or that of which I cannot know if it will come and attack me scares me. The fact that you're technically staring into an endless void with only anticipation of a face popping up at any second, or something happening that can and will disrupt peace in your pattern of sleep scares me. The fact that you cannot see what is about to kill you.
>>
I fear that some of the people I meet and talk with in public, or some of the phone calls I get, or some of the conversations I have are not actually real and I am just imagining things in my head. And since no one gives a fuck, people just ignore the crazy fucker talking with himself on the street/bus.

Holy shit I may actually be mad.
>>
I'm afraid of getting sucked into the sky. Like somehow gravity will reverse and I'll just fly into space randomly.

Also large bodies of water freak me out.
>>
>>17481373
Same.
>What if I get another anxiety/panic attack and it doesn't end
>What if spoops are real
>What if the government or someone far more insidious has me on a watchlist
>What if I'm not as anonymous as I think
>What if the driver of the car I'm riding in suddenly snaps or something happens suddenly and we get speared on a guard rail or concrete barrier
>What if I'm actually retarded or insane and I don't know it
>What if I'm not even human but like a human-ayylmao hybrid or some shit
>What if I've got cancer or something and I'll just be fucked because I don't have the money to handle that

Try to get yourself some weed. Seriously helps. Even just a little a day or every few days will keep you from getting the random internal freakouts. If you're not lucky enough to be in a legal state, you can trawl craigslist for "420" or "420 friendly" in titles or descriptions.
>>
Fear of big ships propellers, specially when it's underwater...
>>
>>17480883
Fear holds you back, getting rid of it can give you more power and other abilities.
Also fearless ≠ reckless.
You can still be cautious when you have no fear.
>>
I'm scared of gas stations exploding, dunno why.
Also scared someone might push me into the subway tracks right as the train comes.
>>
you use a straight razor?
>>
>>17483088
>work at a petrol station
>have put out burning cars before
you would've shit yourself anon haha
>>
>>17482995
I get these too. Not knowing what is beneath me makes me panic
Also, I worry I'll slip in the bathroom and break all my front teeth on the edge of the sink
>>
I have lots of social fears which can be summed up as
>what if everyone thinks I'm an autist and plays along to my face like I'm normal

In terms of other things
>mirrors, especially in the dark
>bathrooms
>driving off a bridge into water. I have recurring nightmares about this
>falling off a cliff, slipping and breaking a bone
>anything happening to my nails ie being ripped off or pulled back. Cringing just typing this.
>the idea of ghosts
>>
>>17483114
Oh I forgot
>lifelong debt
>never finding happiness or fulfilment in my life
>being a slave to money and the clock
>growing old
>>
When I am standing up high somewhere like bleachers in a stadium and I am holding a valuable item like a cell phone, I feel the incredible fear that I might suddenly for no reason throw the valuable object down the high place.

I'm not even scared of height. I'm just scared that I will suddenly make the inexplicable and stupid decision to throw myself or something from them.
>>
>>17483125
this
>>
I have a fear of family reunions.
>>
>>17483125
Wasn't there a vsauce episode where they spoke about something similar to this?
But with pushing people off the edge instead of items.
>>
I fear that when I fuck a girl and she wants me to choke her that I will start and not be able to stop until she is dead.
>>
>>17483165

I know that I once saw something somewhere talk about something similar to what I described. I believe it was described as the fear of choice. Or the fear of options. I forget what the phobia name was.

This may have been on Vsauce, i don't remember.
>>
>>17481373
Mines that someone will notice I'm wearing my sister in law's panties.
>>
>>17481279
You are severely underestimating the depth a cut on your throat needs to be for it to be even remotely lethal.
>>
File: 1458023834239.gif (512 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1458023834239.gif
512 KB, 160x160
>>17483511
You get it deep in your throat don't you you little faggot? Yeah he does. I can see it in the way he types. He takes it in the ass for sure.
>>
>Dark, quite, batrooms and narrow stairways, freak me the Fuck out. Always have always will, when I was a kid I loved in a 200 year old farm house and for some reason the bathrooms always were darker than the rest of the house, like it was palpable.
>I don't know, but yeah those are a couple of mine.
>>
>>17481004
I use to do this as a kid, maybe about 7-8? (21 now). Now it has become a habit and I tell myself I do it because I can't be fucked standing up to pee, so I lean on the wall.
>>
>>17480741
I find all kinds of mushrooms extremely repulsive, I don't know why.
>>
Taking a shit with the need to throw up
>>
>>17483764
Including the ones that look like dick?
>>
>>17483011
Im the anon from that post..

Ya think weed would help? I smoked years ago but it made me more paranoid and introverted than ever so I quit...
Idk what's wrong with me man I have been like this for years. I constantly live in irrational fears that cant seem to get past
Also I have some of those same fears you do to....
>>
>>17482054
Yea...your funny anon....thats fresh...still workin on that stand up...
>>
>>17480741
that when leaving the shower ill pass through a worm hole and end up somewhere very public and ill be very naked
>>
>>17483484
Well......I wouldn't tell anyone then...
>>
>>17482497
Anyone who uses facebook would deserve it anyways.
>>
>>17480909
Don't worry you're not the only one on that.
>>
>Be laying in bed on my side.
>Turn head.
>See horrible abomination of nature inches away from me.
>>
be alone and see something levitate
>>
File: moonman.png (8 KB, 732x732) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
8 KB, 732x732
>>17483011
literally falling for the cause of panic attacks as the "cure"

>muh miracle weedz!!

btw we're reading all your emails

>>17483915
the effect is entirely as you've described. THC has been known to cause discomfort and paranoia in subjects, which can also trigger the start of panic attacks and the like. use correlates positively to anxiety/depression rather than good mental health. But this guy sounds like a schizo and they tend to get into drugs because they're crazy from the outset
>>
>>17480741
I am somehow convinced that there's going to be a time where I will be thrown in jail and tortured to death trying to have me admit something I either have no idea about or if I do and do confess they won't believe me and will just continue to torture me to a very slow and painful death.

I am a super insignificant person with no secrets or radical thoughts or anything like that I'm just convinced that somehow this is a very real possibility and event that will probably happen one day and it fucking terrifies me.
>>
>>17481004
A lot ofankinds discoveries revoles around or is related to that very concept. Ironically enough, you could consider irrational behaviour and the understanding thereof, "normal."
>>
File: american beauty kevin spacey.jpg (21 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
american beauty kevin spacey.jpg
21 KB, 400x268
>>17480741
I'm afraid that due to living alone I have undiagnosed mild sleep apnoea and every night I get ever so slightly oxygen deprived so as to suffer a little bit of brain damage that's gradually mounting and making me stupider and less able, and I can't even tell and there's nobody to notice and eventually I'll be retarded or dead
>>
>>17482635
How fat are you to have this fear? I stand for 10 plus hours a day and run marathons... I'm pretty sure the feet can handle standing.
>>
>>17484331
How do you have time to scroll 4chan when you run marathons and work 10 hours a day?
>>
>>17483103
Not that anon, but

>work at a gas station
>nothing of the sort has happened yet
I know I will. I pray it doesn't happen while I'm there because I know I'll just freak the fuck out and lock up.

I guess you could say I have a fear of tense/panicked situations? A fear of getting scared?
>>
>>17482624
> getting caught talking to myself

We ALL do it anon.
>>
>>17483175
If you or anyone finds this, please link it? I've been watching Vsauce's videos but haven't seen this one yet.
>>
I sing, a lot, I think I'm good at it. I'm also very shy. My biggest irrational fear is being heard singing and laughed at by strangers.
>>
>>17484350
I'm afraid I'll never be offered the blue or red pill option, thus remaining in the matrix oblivious to reality
>>
>>17484346
I don't work everyday. And I only do long runs every other week. My shorter runs are 6 to 10 miles. That's only an hour or an hour and a half of time on weekends. Not that hard. Everyone has time for exercise.
>>
>>17484361
Try singing in public?
>>
>>17482054
In the way he meant it its spelled correctly. Your also using it right the way you meant it. But your a pleb for thinking he isnt. Fucking nerd.
>>
I'm afraid that people are reading my mind. Whenever I am in public I am constantly screaming STOP READING MY MIND in my head. That and my family members have supernatural abilities and their holding out on me.
>>
>>17484366
I'd fucking love to. Not sure I'd have the guts. I'd love to get up on stage and sing in front of my family. The look on their faces would be priceless lol

I might record something and upload it to YT first though. See what response I get.
>>
>>17480741
When I towel dry my hair, someone is standing over me and watching.
When I bend over to finish up brushing my teeth/washing my face. Someone will be in the mirror.
When I walk past the bathroom mirror, someone will be there.
I always think I see figures out of the corner of my eye.
Someone being in the hallway or touching me while I walk through.
Someone sitting in the car, watching me, as I get something out of the garage.
I guess I'm just afraid of unexpected beings.
>>
>>17484393

You're borderline paranoid schizophrenic.
>>
>>17480755
>>17482517
>>17483114
The dark bathroom mirror and bathroom mirror in general get me on the regular. I very nearly always check it and turn the light on when it's nighttime, even though it's only marginally darker because it has no windows.
>>17481938
I can't remember things worth a damn so once in a great while I wonder if something traumatic was the cause of it, or if it's helping to cover up something like that.
>>17482185
I've had that garbage disposal thought, and the same kind of thing about blenders and every kind of poisonous household item...
>>17483125
and also heights...
>>17483727
including stairways, of falling or just jumping. This actually has a solid basis because I love jumping off things when I know it's safe, especially over/down stairs, and I've hurt myself that way a few times.
>>17484019
this
>>
>>17482185
>There is not another human in the world that will be happy with me, or that my own standards are too high. (forever alone?)
This.
>>
>>17481373
We will be following you... Now that you mentioned the robots.
>>
>>17482635
LOLWUT TUBBY
>>
>>17484199
Yeah I always had a feeling I would be put away for murder and they would find my essay on murderers which my fucking teacher forced me to write under threats of failing the class, and guess what the fuck happened... the cops went "aw, shiiiet this is one sick fuck"
>>
>>17484144
You are a idiot people with a predisposition for psychosis are the people you are talking about, as long as you don't smoke weed 5-10 times a day it actually does do wonders to help most (most not all). Just like any substance in the world some people have adverse reactions to it, and those with predisposed mental Illnesses that hadn't really come to light will have that mental illness show more sometimes is what you were trying to say.. marijuana doesn't make people who weren't schizophrenic/anxious develop the disease it only makes those who always had it somewhat more noticeable.. however like anything it can cure some people, and some people are better off without..you can't throw the whole thing under 1 umbrella
>>
>>17484614
>umbrella
:)
>>
>>17480741
I have an irrational fear of people who were born normal but through either illness or an accident have become in some way retarded. Or rather, I have a fear that something like that will happen to me.
>>
Really long hallways, I'm talking like 50+ meters, where I'm the only one around.

I get this in big hotels when I get restless and roam around at like 3 to 4 am.

I have a recurring fantasy that I'll look down the hallway and see something with very sharp teeth peek around the corner...
>>
>>17483086
>Fear holds you back
I wouldn't say that. I'm afraid of the night sky but it doesn't stop me from taking walks at night or doing what I gotta do.
>give you more power and other abilities
It can't give you anything you didn't already have. It's conquering your fear that's the key, like the guy said you just can't let it control you.
But getting rid of fear (however the hell you'd do that) would be no fun. Fear is the ultimate excitement. There's nothing like being afraid. It's why I enjoy nightmares when I wake up. They give me a chance to experience fears I would almost never in real life.
>>
>be in school/uni
>suddenly have no shoes
biggest fear for me
>>
>>17484640
I get a feeling of unease too when I think about this. Must be the only thing worse than death.
>>
>>17484380
Do it! Record it and send it to me! Bianca.likes.mail@gmail
I think it would help you not be so afraid of singing in public.
>>
Can't trust my eyes. I have bad vision right now so I see "shadow people" daily and hate it. I ignore everything I see because I often run into counters/walls/things/people that aren't there and it shakes me up a little bit every time it happens. I guess I'm more scared about people seeing me at my weakest. I'm usually down to earth so seeing all these smoke figures evaporating and shit makes it hard to hold a normal conversation with my loved ones without sounding like I'm losing my mind. My meth head parents were schizophrenic before going missing, so I really don't want to end up like them.
>>
>>17484794
You just gotta learn to play it off.
How long has it been going on? You'll probably get used to it eventually. Although every now and again I do slip up in front of my friends or family but I just play it off like a joke "Oh sorry I was just hallucinating" then they make some comment about me on drugs and then everyone laughs and forgets. Or when I run into something, which I do often, people just think I'm clumsy.
Though my mom gets scared when she catches me looking at something. She doesn't believe my jokes and so then I just get all serious with her about what I see and she gets too scared and asks me to cut it out, then I laugh and play it like I was just trying to scare her.

Do that.
>>
>>17484824
Yup that's exactly what happens, they watch my eyes like they're trying to see what scared me. It's only recently started becoming more physical, usually I hold a "if it can't punch me it can't hurt me" rule to calm me but with all these accidebtal bump in's I'm still ashamed I get surprised. It's just the not being able to distinguish reality from whatever the fuck this is, is easily one of my biggest fears lol.
>>
Getting tiny rocks or nails jabbed into my urethra.

It's not even a "fear" I guess, it's more of a thing that just pops into my head for absolutely no reason sometimes and it just stays there for what feels like forever until something else distracts me from it.
>>
>>17484894
Brother, I know that feel. I guess I just don't care anymore. It's all real to me now, even if I am crazy. What you can't do is go and do something crazy. You just gotta learn to not jump. I guess it helps that I sort of killed my reaction speed on purpose as a kid because I didn't want to flinch when people tried to punch me. I wanted to be all cool and not care so I just stopped moving for anything. Now I don't really react to anything without thought first.

I get hit with stuff a lot. Just try not to let it get to you. I know that's the generic advice and it's easier said than done but it's really all that I do and can offer.
>>
>>17484514
Ha jokes on you....ya been following me for awhile now....oh god...whats happening to me
>>
tripping, falling and breaking my teeth
also, still water. because spooky fish are satan
>>
>>17482865
Maybe, anon. Maybe.
>>
When I'm watching porn on mobile I'm afraid I'll accidentally press a share button.
>>
>>17484199
I feel you. Even torture scenes in movies make me feel very nervous
>>
File: uncanneyvalley1 (1).jpg (90 KB, 648x374) Image search: [Google]
uncanneyvalley1 (1).jpg
90 KB, 648x374
>>17480895
Uncanny valley do anything for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVe6XdYuT-I
>>
>>17480932
Same
I always had this feeling that something was following me, especially if it was dark downstairs or upstairs or where ever I was coming from. For example, if I was leaving the basement after turning off the light I would run so fast and get that creepy feeling that something is just about to catch me.
>>
>being alone in the ocean, like trapped underwater or some shit
>losing/not being able to be with the person i love
>being mutilated, or obtaining mental handicap
>being lost in space alone
>>
>>17480791
Are- are you trying to say dachsunds? Like Weiner dogs?
>>
>>17480741
>>17480741
The shitposting on the /x/ discord
>kek (https://discord.gg/0k3oVnvCQfOo7cIi)
>>
>>17480932
I had this same fear. I think it's mainly because when you go up your backs to the front door the whole time. Going down just didn't wanna see any spoopy faces outside
>>
>>17485266
That reminds me, swimming in the middle of the ocean alone with no way of getting to shore, this would even scarier at night.

I would just be scared to death of a shark showing up and killing me.
>>
>>17480741
> things that you fear

Things that *I* fear? Hahahahahaha. Good one OP, I have no fears you faggot.

...except for rejection :(
>>
>>17485310
It's okay anon. You can't be rejected if there is nobody there to reject you in the first place.
>>
I can't even type my fear because it's too paralizing and real...
>>
>>17485394
A fear of exposing your fear?
>>
>>17485403
I guess.
>>
File: fdr_addressing_press[1].jpg (99 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
fdr_addressing_press[1].jpg
99 KB, 625x480
>>17485394
>>17485403
>>17485442
>>
In my apartment, when using the corridor from the bedrooms to the living room i usually go faster than when i left the living room to any other of the bedrooms or bathroom, like I don't like not seeing what's behind me in the corridor.

That makes sense? it only happens when not getting in
>>
File: p.jpg (5 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
5 KB, 180x180
gravity flipping while I was outside and falling upward into the oblivion that is the sky. As a kid it made going outside in any degree very stressful. Doesn't happen to me anymore but sometimes I'll be out in the middle of a field and look up and small shiver shoots up my spine.
>>
>>17480741
I fear the possibility of acquiring dementia at any point in life.
>>
>>17466053
>>
>>17483114
I have these same social fears, anxiety is a bitch.
>>
File: old man.jpg (488 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
old man.jpg
488 KB, 1200x1800
>>17485607
>I fear the possibility of acquiring dementia at any point in life.

That's the tenth time you've posted that in the last half hour.
>>
>>17480741
sloths m8
>>
File: 1447129622571.jpg (8 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
1447129622571.jpg
8 KB, 284x339
i'm afraid that when I jerk off my ghost ancestors watch me
>>
File: 1325462602060.jpg (47 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1325462602060.jpg
47 KB, 550x550
>>
File: 1447730273331.jpg (34 KB, 445x594) Image search: [Google]
1447730273331.jpg
34 KB, 445x594
>>17485666
>>
>>17485660
Everyone thinks that sometimes
>>
>>17480741
I fear the univeis just an extremely complex artificial simulation, and that nothing really matters because we are all just selfaware illusions with no true free will. The loop holes in physics laws found by the modern thoretical physicists and astro physicists reinforce this notion.
>>
>>17485681
stfu ***z
>>
Sorry if is extremely lame and/or bizarre but Im afraid of riding in a car with balloons in it (the way they bounce around!!) and also water bottles sloshing around. It makes me extremely nervous. I have no idea why.
>>
>>17485681
Universe is*
>>
>>17484393
I hear you. When im in the shower with my hair/face all covered in soap, eyes shut tight, im afraid reagan from the exorcist will be there when i open them
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 300x209
>>17485689
For you :)
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 475x475
>>17485703
And nothing beats being murdered in the shower... All naked and vulnerable
>>
File: ohnoes.gif (4 MB, 675x841) Image search: [Google]
ohnoes.gif
4 MB, 675x841
>>17485703
and for you :)
>>
>>17480965
I worry about being hypnotised. I would never allow it to happen.
>>
File: 21691.jpg (34 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
21691.jpg
34 KB, 400x287
>>17485728
>>
>>17483011
I think these same things and have been told its possible I have Schizophrenia and paranoid delusions

who else here /paranoidschizo/? I feel like everyone is out to get me for no fucking reason and any kindness shown to me genuinely brings joy to my heart for a few moments

Not sure how I came to be like this
>>
>>17485703
I imagine two scary naked wet murderers standing right outside the shower waiting for me to come out.
every.
time.
>>
>>17484700
You should totally watch the shining if you haven't.
>>
>>17480969
I've had that happen several times. I would see my reflection's eyes turn entirely black and it would grin at me. When I blinked it would "reset" and slowly turn all demonic until I blinked again.
>>
>>17484393
I'm the same, and I always imagine horrible monsters/demons in my mind and fully expect them to actually appear. And I'm terrified of starting to hallucinate them, to the point of spiraling into panic attacks over it. There is so much mental illness in my family and I fear becoming totally mad myself.
>>
>>17482100
this is my fetish
>>
File: night-on-bald-mountain.jpg (198 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
night-on-bald-mountain.jpg
198 KB, 900x675
>>17480932
I only had this once, and it was immediately after seeing The Exorcist for the first time. Not really irrational given the circumstances.

I used to always sleep on my side facing the wall my bed was against so I wouldn't have to see my room in the dark. You know how your brain makes up images in low light? I used to see little demon/goblin creatures climbing up the side of my bed if I faced the other way.
>>
>>17485955
Didn't help for me. I woke up one night staring into the eyes of the angriest old woman I've ever seen whose face was "drawn" on the wall for a few seconds before she faded away.
>>
>>17482054
Uh hey asshole! Im not sure if your making fun of the spelling or the grammar.But its not spelled wrong and I seriously doubt they where going for grammar.
>>
>>17485955
Same guy, reading through the thread made me realize some of the other fears I have daily.

>The universe contracts and reforms and I'll be forced to live through the same shitty life for eternity
>My family members will all die in a car crash while I'm at home
>Getting dementia when I'm old
>Getting old in general, unable to keep up with technology
>Old worn/broken baby shit (dolls, cribs)
>Maggot swarms
>Steam goes under and I lose all my games
>>
>>17485984
>>The universe contracts and reforms and I'll be forced to live through the same shitty life for eternity
You too?
>>Steam goes under and I lose all my games
Kek'd to be honest
>>
>>17480932
My guess is being on the upper part just makes you feel separated from the lower part and alone so it's just normal fear of being alone?
>>
>>17481034
If you're a normal human being that can actually grow facial hair you will most likely put a razor to your neck quite often.
>>
>>17485984

>Getting old in general, unable to keep up with technology

I kinda look forward to the unable to keep up with tech thing. It's exhausting as is, can't wait til I retire and say fuck you come visit me in person if you want anything in the will.
>>
>>17485716
I'm not clicking that shit
>>
>>17485274
Yes, English is not first my first language and I can't speak German.
>>
>>17480741
I keep developing irrational fears that something is wrong with me. Like, medically. I fight the urge to not look up symptoms because that just makes things worse and I start getting more imagined symptoms of the disease that I found. It's fucking ridiculous. The fact that I understand that this is what's happening but still can't do anything to prevent is fucking infuriating.
>>
>>17485750
Not schizo. I am however paranoid and psychotic. My delusions don't tend to be anything real crazy except that one when I believed a demon possesed my hand. I feel like I am gonna be frammed for some bullshit or even lynched by my neighbors. I find it difficult to leave my home during daylight hours because someone may see me. It started when I found out someone was spreading rumors about me. Antipsychotics just made me clumsy and sleepy. Not fun.
>>
>>17485978
That could had been hypnopompic imagery. Basically dreaming when your awakening. I my case its usually benign. Except that one time I woke up starring at a mirror. A swirling circle of blood was stirring in it and started spilling out. It disappeared when I fully awoke.
>>
File: 1160620561.jpg (33 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1160620561.jpg
33 KB, 1024x682
This is my biggest fear and i don't know why. Just looking at the picture makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>17481034
Something something normal human being.
>>
>>17481373
This this this all of this

Except the wife 'cause I'm not married and bi anyway, or the kids 'cause I don't have kids. I'm still afraid of ME being molested.

Thing is, I'm diagnosed Obsessive-Compulsive, you might wanna get it checked out. My medicine *really* helped me and it didn't give me any side effects.

Also
>That someone replaced my family with a robots and their not truly human but the replacements...

This sounds like this, except not delusional.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgras_delusion
>>
>>17483011
How about you get yourself insurance instead of memes?
>>
File: image.png (36 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36 KB, 300x168
I'm no easily scared man. But there's one thing that both fascinates and scares me shitless. It's irrational spaces/constructs. Anybody who have read House of Leaves knows what I'm talking about.

The other day I was playing BLOOD (1997 fps on build engine, more than /x/ related) and there was that level at the miskatonic train station. At the end of the level you reach the train which is about to go and hit the mark on the side of the train which leads you to the next level, the train moving itself. But as I knew I didn't find all the secrets in that level, I started wandering in the map with the hope to spot some unusual stuff or some hidden area. At one point I went inside the tunnel near the train. Keep in mind that the end level mark is on the train, so the tunnel area should be irrelevant. But as I kept advancing in the tunnel, I realized it was much deeper than what I expected. And as I rapidly advanced in the tunnel, I felt dread creeping upon me. It made no sense.

The tunnel had turns and some graphic work on it, but yet you're in an almost pitch black state, just bright enough to see the two walls on each of your sides. And man, the tunnel had to be almost five times longer than the map itself. I didn't reach its end, at some point (after 10 good minutes of just spinting in the dark) I didn't know wether I was getting closer or further to the end mark and I was starting to really feel uneasy. Loaded my last save and kept playing normally.

I'm still a bit bugged by this. Why would they have bothered adding an incredibly long part into the map with NOTHING in it ? Secrets usually aren't really hard to find in that game, and there was no ammo/ennemies/anything that could suggest there was something interesting at the end. Fuck that tunnel man. It shouldn't even exist.
>>
My biggest fear is Butterfly. When I see them or they are close to me I go into shock.
>>
>>17485984
>>17485989
Me three. Also I fear that reincarnation actually has some merit. I don't want to exist anymore. I'm already so tired.
>>
>>17488714
Same guy...

I know something's really wrong with me but every time I go to my doctor they seem to focus on other things instead of these things...

I was a drug addict for years and went into a treatment program, where I see a doctor every two weeks. They put me on Zoloft but its only done so much...ive never been normal but I figure my psychosis got much worse after the years of drug abuse...

But thanks for letting me know you suffer the same things...it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one

As for the robot thing...ive in the passed started some Facebook pages and blogs about conspiracy. especially about local powers that abuse the position and factual things I know about the local cops (had a good friend worked as a sheriff)...during that time my mother and sister had to go pick up one of my kids at school...it made them so angry they decided to turn their back on me.."wash their hands of me" their words...I did nothing to ever provoke them and before that we had been reunited since my drug addiction..for a couple years... (cont 1/2)
>>
File: wormy.jpg (49 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
wormy.jpg
49 KB, 1152x864
>>17488847
BZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
Cont (2/2) ..my mother had even stated to me she was "so proud" of me and our relationship was "better than ever"...then after the school thing she just suddenly wanted nothing to do with me...it was a week before Christmas 2013...I havnt spoke to either of them since then...wouldn't even answer me what the big deal was..I never could understand them much they're very snobby stuck up ppl...and myself just the opposite...but for the sake of my kids I tried...its racked my brain for years now...eventually I came to thought "who are these people to be so cold" they weren't that extreme before...I know they always looked down on my wife because she came from a lower class family...but they were never that extreme...so for lack of a better term and the fact they disappeared from existence...ROBOTS....im lucid enough to know how that sounds but I cant figure it out...luckily I have my two boys and my wife that is a loving accepting family that I have made myself...but so much confusion in the world has literally made me crazy....sorry so long guys had to get that out...I feel better I dont know about you guyz.....
>>
>>17488847
Really? What kind of shock?
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 256x192
>>17488651
Simple. It's because we all float down here.
>>
>>17489059
Kek well done.
>>
File: 054.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
054.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>17480741
The kid in the middle's eyes. It looks like he's spooked for life. I always get a bad feeling when I look at this picture... like he got killed or something.
>>
>>17489059

Yes we do.
>>
>>17480932
>Every time I had to go up and down by myself I would make it a mad dash
are you me
>>
>>17480755
If I look up in the mirror at just the right angle, I can see my own eyes turn completely black. If I grin it looks even more scary. Try it. The angle is about the top of your head (Give or take a few inches) if you directly face the mirror.
>>
File: spoop.jpg (292 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
spoop.jpg
292 KB, 1280x1707
i fucking hate my house layout. when you walk upstairs, there is a hallway with three doors at the end.
one door you face head on,
one door on the right,
and the other door on the left is behind a little cut-out so you cant know whats in there til you get good and close...
>>
File: 1456364107151.jpg (405 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456364107151.jpg
405 KB, 1600x1600
>>17480741
I have an irrational fear that when I shit im going to push so hard ill shit out my balls, so every time I shit I ring my fingers around thw base of my ballsack blocking any chance of them getring sucked up out of my sack
> word of advice, dont tell small children that its possible to shit so hard you shit out your balls

I know its not possible and irrational but im now 25 and have been doing this since I was like 6 so I think its become part of my being as I cant shit without holding my balls
>>
>>17482158
Id crawl in her gunt and grind my dick along the inside of her love tunnel like a dog dragging its ass along the ground
>>
I fear losing my sanity.

I fear the vastness of the ocean and large creatures being within it. I have no problem with larger creatures, but that environment makes it significantly scarier due to their adeptness in the area versus my lack of it.

I fear pretty much every form of "Happening" (we /pol/ now), as unstable as the world is today I really believe we're at a crucial point in history where our actions either make or break the potential of a better future and I fear most of all the feeling of powerlessness in the chaos of everyday human life. I try in whatever way I can to gain relevance to speak out.
>>
>>17482624
We never talk to ourselves we talk to the silent binary partner that is out survival driven subconscious brain
>>
>>17489230
This implies the mind is a separate self from the body, elaborate
>>
>>17489237
I believe that our conscious mind is like a passenger or back seat driver with our subconscious or section of our brain that controls unconscious actions like breathing and such being behind the wheel but relying on us to make decisions on speed and direction. It created our conscious mind/personality/social identity to cope with added distraction of social interaction as humanity started to increase beyond the small hunter gathering tribes
We believe we are in control but at the end of the day it keeps us breathing and moving we just help it sort through incoming stimuli, its why fight or flight is an unconscious decision unless trained otherwise.
Multiple personality disorders and related disorders are just a malfunction of our true brain creating a consciousness to regulate itself instead creating two or more
none of this really makes sense as I dont know the proper way to explain what I mean but it scares me to think that possibly we are just a character our brain creates to keep itself going, like it has the ability to make decisions for us and silently sits in our skull watching everything we do
> our brain/physical body is god, our consciousness is its creation in its own image
>>
>>17489304
I don't agree with you, but wouldn't it be the other way around? Take your greentexting and reverse it?
>>
>>17489340
He is basically saying that we are a filter. And the subconscious is the part that is truly in control. That the conscious self only exists as a slave filter/moderator so that the subconscious can continue it's existence when presented by stimuli it cannot directly parse. Interesting thought really. Something I will have to think about.
>>
>>17489382
I don't think you're using some of those words correctly
>>
>>17489420
>parse
to analyze (something, as a speech or behavior) to discover its implications or uncover a deeper meaning:
Political columnists were in their glory, parsing the president's speech on the economy in minute detail.
>>
>>17489437
Not that, the structure of the whole thing is off
>>
File: DDFblackandwhite.jpg (414 KB, 1000x1398) Image search: [Google]
DDFblackandwhite.jpg
414 KB, 1000x1398
>>
>>17482505
Kik?
>>
>>17481373
>That im really the only real consciences on the planet and everyone else is a program for some other species of whatever and my whole life is a test or an experiment....
Thought of this one alot a couple months ago. Super cripy.
>>
>>17482954
Toasty from academy lol?
>>
File: 1457520316626.jpg (393 KB, 1281x1714) Image search: [Google]
1457520316626.jpg
393 KB, 1281x1714
>>17483114
>what if everyone thinks I'm an autist and plays along to my face like I'm normal
This. I'm a normal guy just shy around crowds. Feel like people are scared of me in college and just hang around me because they don't wanna be on this "hitlist" they imagine in their heads. Well that's what I get for being a shy white guy I guess.
>>
>>17480741
I'm scared of niggers
>>
Going insane without knowing it.
>>
>>17490470
Pretty sure OP said irrational fears that no one else has.
>>
Elevators and escalators.
>>
>>17484720
this happened to me in the middle of the fucking street.
Ppl looked to me like I was a hobo,it was weird.
>>
>>17480883
That was beautiful anon
>>
Gravity will disappear or it will inverse so I fall up in the universe infinitely or until I hit something and die.
>>
>>17485716
i've gotta reminder not to hover over images on /x/ without reading the file extension
>>
>>17489969
You're a fucking idiot. I am starting to believe that the IQ chart for individual boards is correct.
>>
>>17482937
Thanks man, now I can't stop seeing the midget with the white head.
>>
>>17489221
Then she'd queef, and a gust of cervical wind would blast you out of her taco folds at 250 m/ph, slamming you against a nearby building, giving its brick wall a fresh new coat of paint.
>>
>>17482937
The paper towel in my room is now the wedding headdress of a spooky bride.
fuck u m80
>>
Llamas. I have no idea why. I just know that screaming at them is the only recourse available to me.
>>
Ever since I was little I convinced myself that if I didn't bless myself both coming in and out of mass or blessed myself an off number of times, God would forget about me.
>>
>>17482624
>Getting caught talking to myself

One time, while under the confident assumption that I was alone, I was dicking around in my kitchen, thoughtlessly reciting some funny shit I heard online or something.

Little did I remember, good 'ol Anon is here at the house, and comes strolling by, just in time to catch me talking to myself.

Shitty thing was, the moment I saw him, I immediately stopped talking to myself, mid-sentence. This just made this silent exchange between us even more awkward. In hindsight, I should've just rolled with it, and maybe done something funny to play it off. Instead, I just looked autistic and insane.
>>
>>17482456
Holy shit, I get this. Doesn't matter if no one is driving over, get it bad since they're building these huge overpasses over the highway I drive every day, and there doing reconstruction on a few of the older ones I drive under and that the shit will fall on because someone fucked up or half assed.
>>
>>17480965
>gets used on other people
>everyone is revealed as a sick son of a bitch
>have crazy fetish sex with people because you know their darkest desires
>create a chaos god
>>
>>17480965

That's because it's true.

It happens 7 times an hour.

Rome falls.

Your Mormon ball fails.

Thank God, eh!?

Hail Satan as well!

Give me a human.
Let him be just like me, just like me…
Dull, unripe, unfinished, not dark, and not bright.
>>
>>17480979

I'd just look like the gangster I am. I for one WELCOME our extra intrusive future and google hacker overlords!
>>
>>17480755
I always feel like something is waiting for me to look so I feel for the switch and keep my eyes shut til it's on
>>
>>17480808
I actually really like underwater areas that are not normally underwater.
I really want to swim through a fully furnished underwater house.
>>
If I'm feeling anxious and trying to sleep I get an irrational fear that someone's sneaked into my room and is watching me or about to attack me.

I know it's bullshit but it's super uncomfortable.
>>
>>17480932
I am terrified of going upstairs, the further from the main floor the worse it is, ex: basement up, up to attic.
Going down never really bothers me.
>>
>>17481373
This fallout 4 mod is gay
>>
>>17482141
This and the Antman version lol.
Got some PTSD from infini-small
>>
>>17492652

going to heaven confirmed for instinctively painful
>>
>>17482158
Nah like Rick and Morty choosing that mini planet vs the screaming one lol
>>
>>17480741
everything i see on dph/dmh
>>
>>17480932
>Every time I had to go up and down by myself I would make it a mad dash
i can relate to this. i was always afraid something vague would somehow "get me." happened from 1st to 2nd floor but was worst from basement going up to 1st.
>>
>>17482995
Don't watch Foo Fighters videos, they have one where the world is turning over and I have that same issue with falling into the sky
>>
>>17483125
Then you focus so hard on not throwing it you're worried you're going to throw it BECAUSE you're trying not to
>>
>>17484378
I know those feels
>>
>>17485621
Top kek
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.