[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Occultism & Magick: Library Update #30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Tower_of_Silence-16.jpg (144 KB, 800x836) Image search: [Google]
Tower_of_Silence-16.jpg
144 KB, 800x836
Links:

Temple of Solomon the King:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

Big update this time. Not in like size, I only got nine books for you. But this is the 30th time I've posted this specific thread, and I think that's something :3. The library's really a robust resource these days, so much so that I doubleposted some Vajrayana without noticing. Cleaned that up.

Here's what we've got this time:

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Animal Sacrifice in Ancient Greek Religion, Judaism, and Christianity.
Understanding Rituals
Continuity and Innovation in the Magical Tradition
Sacrifice in Religious Experience
Handbook of Contemporary Animism

>Babalon
Babylonian Witchcraft Literature: Case Studies

>European
Industrial Religion: The Saucer, Pyres of the Athenian Agora

>Psychological Model
Ritual Abuse and Mind Control

>Psychological Model>Military
Presentation: Military Memetics Tutorial
Gonna try to hunt down the Japanese tantrik material. Seems like it'd be a nice addition.
>>
Bump?
>>
File: 1457209704241.jpg (98 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
1457209704241.jpg
98 KB, 600x763
>>
Whats some magic I can do with only words and will? Want to really try something tonight.
>>
>>17439199
what do u want?
>>
>>17439203
Clarity of mind. Also to be able to lucid dream/astral project easier.
>>
>>17439220
meditation, music, and hope you have good genetics to not get killed.
>>
File: al tanin.jpg (134 KB, 888x899) Image search: [Google]
al tanin.jpg
134 KB, 888x899
>>17439220
Light a candle. Lose self in the flame. Repeat before bed:
>The Spell of the Second Star
>(Mantic Formula: AL TAN NIN IA)
I go forth upon the Path of Al Tannin,
the Second Star of Thy Stellar Image, O' Azhdeha!.
I pass within the Celestial Palace of the Dragons Left Eye.
Let the Words- of this Spell and the Deeds- of Enchantment
open wide the Starry Portal of Al Tiriki:
the Gateway of the Sinistral Current.
By this Utterance of Magical Power
let the Left Eye of the Sorcerer become as Thine, 0 'Serpent of Sinistrality-
For Thou art She whose Gaze is 'Temptation':
the Beguiler of All to the Design of the Will.
Let the Words of this Spell and the Deeds- of Enchantment
open wide the Starry Portal of Al Tiriki:
the Gateway of the Sinistral Current.
With the outward-closing and the inward-opening of the Sinistral Eye
I turn within to behold the Ever-open Eye of Thee, O' Serpent.
Thus to behold the Visions of Draconian Gnosis i'n the Shewstone of Eternity, to gaze
within the darkness of the seal'd Vessel, and there- wherein the Moon is lock'd - to look
upon the incubation of all Dreams and Phantasies which by Our Sorceries are form'd.
Gazing deep into the Womb of Worlds- as yet unborn, the inward-opening eye is
met with the unerring and ever-watchful gaze of the Daemon of Our Pact. By the
Ouroboros of the Twain - of Sight unto Sight- the Single Power of the Sinistral Eye is
drawn upon and cast forth, yea, 'pon the outward gaze of the Sorcerer
the Current of Sinistrality is projected.
As a fascinous tide of shape-shifting seduction
let Our Spells radiate forth from the Eye of Al Tannin:
as a snare of allure and a web of entrancement,
as a noose that is seen not and a curse that is heard not,
as a charm cast out 'pon the prey of the Watchful,
as a dreaming-draught tipp'd to the lovers' lips,
as a poison'd kiss blown to the Murder'd One's mouth,
as the Medusine Glance of Wanton lntent,-
from the Sinistral Eye of the Sorcerer let the Serpent's guile flow forth!
>>
>>17439125
Now that I know you're here, I'm a beginner, I don't know a thing. What system would be good to begin with?
>>
>>17439265
Hatha Yoga, Shiva Samhita, Magick in Theory and Practice/Magick without Tears, Regardie's Tree of Life/One Year Manual,
>>
>>17439278
Thank you. Hopefully everything goes well with your endeavors!
>>
>>17439278
Any plans for Shivratri tomorrow?

Vaisnavanam Yatha Shambu
>>
>>17439125
that's a lot of dead people
>>
File: Ganja Leaves on Shiva Lingam.jpg (47 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Ganja Leaves on Shiva Lingam.jpg
47 KB, 500x333
>>17439325
>Shivratri
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Probably just gonna slip some extra adorations in my normative practice, unfortunately.

I barely have my head wrapped around these Pujas, let alone whatever the hell I'm supposed to do on Holy Days. Beyond that I've been advised to start with Shakti.

So yeah, probably nothin' of significance.
>>
File: 1457321667337.png (44 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1457321667337.png
44 KB, 640x560
>>17439335
Yuh.
>>
>>17439340
A Shiva devotee who forgot Shivratri? Step it up prabhu. Do you have a lingam at home? You could do simple abisheka and chant Aum Namah Shivaya. Although these people are mayavadis they have some good info on puja

http://www.shreemaa.org/
>>
>>17439340
Btw if you have any local Hindu temples in your area they probably will be celebrating. Holy days are always more fun when celebrated with other aspirants
>>
>>17439248
>Azhdeha
What the fuck is the background on this? It's come up several times, and I always google and always get nothing. Persian? Is there some established mythology or identity to this thing outside fiction or what?
>>
>>17439351
>Hindu temple
>local to me
Bottom jej.

>>17439347
That's about the extent of what I'd planned. DESU it's a new holiday for me, and my mind's been on the Dragon Book's ritual year.

>>17439355
>Zahhāk or Zahāk (in Persian: ضحّاک /ذهّاک) or Bivar Asp is an evil figure in Iranian mythology, evident in ancient Iranian folklore as Aži Dahāka
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahhak
>>
>>17439335
http://www.whysanity.net/monos/twilight.html
>>
>>17439278
Is the One Year Manual in the mega?
>>
Can you humor the resident Vaishnava and put some Gaudiya Vaishnava literature in your collection? The Bhagavad Gita would be nice, at the very least.
>>
>>17439371
Thought it was.

>>17439347
>>17439363
FWIW I think the Puja I've been directed to is through those cats at Shreema, I've posted her site before. I've got this modified Kali thing to do that's been recommended to me until I can find instruction or get some answers from some people...who gave answers, but not what I expected.
>>
>>17439363
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahhak

Azi Dahaka corrupts into Azhdeha how again?
Im comfortable with it, Im just wondering where in the world they got that spelling and nomenclature. The only source Ive seen use it is some teen-reading fictional witch shit. Why not just use Zahhak or Azi Dahaka if that's their established name?
>>
>>17439382
Have you heard of New Bihar Mandir? Might be of interest as well
>>
File: 1457215821789.png (17 KB, 633x772) Image search: [Google]
1457215821789.png
17 KB, 633x772
>>17439376
>Gaudiya Vaishnava
If you want me to srsly start filling out the Hindi material it may finally drive me over some edges. I'm very honestly running out of space in the MEGA (though I could switch the url over to the backup instead of the main that I work out of with other project folders, that'd save a few gigs).

Plus bias.

I'll consider it, though. What in that tradition's even considered 'occult' beyond like obscure verses in the Gita? 'Cause I probably ain't posting the Gita for like a bajillion reasons.
>>
>>17439402
>What in that tradition's even considered 'occult' beyond like obscure verses in the Gita?

Some more esoteric topics include Raganuga Bhakti, Manjari Bhava, and Rasa Lila Katha (the most intimate pastime of Krsna). These subjects are usually discussed more in the Gaudiya Math than ISKCON, in such books as Gopi Gita by Narayana Maharaja.

There are also some very interesting demon-devotees in the Srimad Bhagavatam, such as Bali Maharaja, Vrtrasura, etc. In one instance Lord Vishnu cursed his own gatekeepers of Vaikuntha as demons to experience him in an inimical mood.
>>
File: 1457150781086.png (33 KB, 716x518) Image search: [Google]
1457150781086.png
33 KB, 716x518
>>17439386
The mantic formulae actually do cover a bunch of versions of the name. Azhaka for Zahak. The mantic names account for something, though which in each context is not always clear.

It's not like I can fire Chumbley off an email and ask him about his linguistic considerations.

>>17439395
>New Bihar Mandir
Kek, no. I don't care if they have lineal transmission. No.

According to my sources there was actually an initiator in my area who'd died a few years back so I missed that train.
>>
File: Narayana_maharaja.jpg (498 KB, 770x1026) Image search: [Google]
Narayana_maharaja.jpg
498 KB, 770x1026
>>17439427
"Therefore, in his service to Radhika, for rati-keli-siddhyai, a guru cannot serve in his male form. Srila Swami Maharaja and my Gurudeva are both serving there in their female forms as gopis. In that realm my Gurudeva is Vinoda Manjari, Srila Prabhupada Bhaktisiddanta Sarasvati Thakura is Nayana Manjari, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura is Kamala Manjari, Srila Jiva Gosvami is Vilasa Manjari, Srila Rupa Gosvami is Rupa Manjari, and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami is Rati Manjari. These manjaris can serve Radha-Krishna Conjugal."
>>
File: 1457209466383.png (1 MB, 937x962) Image search: [Google]
1457209466383.png
1 MB, 937x962
>>17439427
>Srimad Bhagavatam
Nope, but I'll look into the others.

Name me some sutras or something.
>>
>>17439439
Isopanisad, Bramha Samhita, and Gopi Gita would be a good place to start. What's wrong with the Bhagavatam?
>>
File: 001.jpg (135 KB, 788x1024) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
135 KB, 788x1024
>>17439437
>Lalitā
Ayyyy, a goddess in common!

>>17439447
Is that something we really wanna get into this late on a lovely evening?
>>
>>17439451
Srimad Bhagavatam is the crest jewel of scriptures and the literary embodiment of Krsna. What is the problem?
>>
This is because the illuminati are magicians
Don't reveal secrets
Like how Jesus faked his death.
>>
>>17439465
Your suppressed knowledge is set by laws enforced on your brain, belief is a funny power.
>>
I did a power outage once, it was fun.
Deja vu is clouded premonition you've seen it before you just don't remember it.
>>
>>17439463
>the crest jewel of scriptures
That's a matter of taste, but sure.

>literary embodiment of Krsna
That's really a tiny bit of my objection.

I feel like a lot of Krsnite literature has been pushed by people whose minds were devoured by Imperial propaganda w/r/t their own people. Without that intervention I think a lot of Krsna's material would be lost to (relative) obscurity. My tradition was half dead before colonial operations really got FUN too but mine wasn't used to justify the colonization.

I sorta feel like Western approaches to Krsna in the span of a few short decades had been poisoned more than a thousand years of Western misinterpretation of Tantra could ever achieve.

But that's me, and why I feel that way, and why I didn't wanna just say it because it's a (somewhat) controversial opinion.
>>
File: 1454562165084.jpg (162 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454562165084.jpg
162 KB, 600x600
>>17439465
>This is because the illuminati are magicians
More like Freemasonic Philosopher Gnostics, but then what's a Martinist?

>Don't reveal secrets
Nigga did you look through the library? I'm spillin' secrets like Israel Regardie.

>Like how Jesus faked his death.
>he still thinks Yeshua ben Yosef was flesh and blood rather than hypostatic apparition.
Lern2Nazarene
>>
>>17439488
>I sorta feel like Western approaches to Krsna in the span of a few short decades had been poisoned more than a thousand years of Western misinterpretation of Tantra could ever achieve.

The tradition (as brought to the west by Srila Prabhupada) has been carried over with near chemical purity. There are some philosophical differences among different branches of Gaudiya Vaishnavism, but the texts themselves speak for themselves. Srila Prabhupad provided the original sanskrit, transliteration, and the English translation. If you could provide specific examples which you believe to be Western perversions, please do so, but I don't think you will find any.
>>
>>17439513
>Prabhupada
This goes well beyond him, m8...I ain't ripping the texts, but how they were used and what they thereby represent.

You're forgetting I don't like Vaisnava in the first place as well. Didn't I say I wanted a pleasant night, and here you are asking for more of my hot opinions.
>>
>>17439553
Sounds like your hot opinions are mostly baseless conjecture. I guarantee that if you actually read some of the texts I have suggested, you would have a change of heart.
>>
>>17439560
>hot opinions are mostly baseless conjecture
Conjecture, but I don't think it's silly to assert Vaishanvism remained popular because the Colonial powers said 'these are the religious materials it would be best for you to pay attention to for our (my) best interest'.

And 'hot opinions' was a reference to the banner, making fun of trying to convince people of something over the internet.

>read the texts
They didn't move me the first time through, but thanks for trying to convert me. Again.
>>
>>17439572
As a final comment for this evening - there may be some truth regarding the emphasis on Sattva Guna as a result of British colonialism. Some speculate that the missionaries were unable to distinguish between the Aghoris and Vaishnavas of the time period - both being equally transgressive. That said, I think that would be the extent of their influence, the rest being mostly untouched.
>>
>>17439510
Thanks, but it's still not aliens.
>>
>>17439429
>It's not like I can fire Chumbley off an email and ask him about his linguistic considerations.

Yeah I guess, I just know its going to itch at me and drive me nuts trying to figure it out, and theres a maddening shortage of information.
>>
>>17439594
Home advantage.
>>
>>17439125

Need a book for astral projection, suggestions?
>>
I have a question and I know the frequenters of this thread can help.

I have some kind of cognitive dissonance dealing with different systems, I think Im still stuck in the "one religion at a time" paradigm.

I also have a problem with "newer" philosophies or practices being relevant. Some part of me feels that older more established traditions are somehow more "real".

I understand, functionally, this is a stupid position to be stuck in. Redpill me, what do I need to read to break this false mental construct Im stuck in? I know theres a way past this mental block, but I need some guided reading to say "hey it doesn't need to be old to work or be legit and you can practice whatever you want in any way you want and heres why, and how it works..." or something like that.
>>
>>17439382
So it isn't? I found the rest of regardie's work and it wasn't part of it.
>>
>>17439890
here you go
https://mega.nz/#!IsEFkZwS!A234F3vjUiig6sMQA2ZV1xfT3Nwr1fuxi0ThhSWeUJM
>>
>>17439929
Thanks you the best.
>>
>>17439248
Huh is that the one that keeps staring back through your ball?

>>17439890
Here's a folder with most of regardie's published work. Don't have the academical text in there cause he had a bad time with it.

>>17439855
There is only one religion, yours. Adapt it to encompass or at least tolerate all the others. All the newer stuff is always at least in some way based on the older stuff, don't consider it a separate thing, consider it a continuation.
>>
I remember in the last thread someone said that qabbala is bullshit.

Anyone want to elaborate?
>>
File: PwlQZ.jpg (249 KB, 805x1036) Image search: [Google]
PwlQZ.jpg
249 KB, 805x1036
>>17439953
forgot to post the link
https://mega.nz/#F!olUU1ajS!MLXIasnCpcX0DueMJcvOqA

also, alchemy text, not , academical
>>
>>17439953
>There is only one religion, yours.
That on it's own was surprisingly helpful, I mean I knew this shit, but it means something to hear it.

Is a system less effective for being a "quilt" of other practices? Is it not more effective to work within a single system? Are these questions stupid since everyone's beliefs are personal and already a "quilt"?

Do you feel a personal "DIY" belief system, accomplishes ultimately the same things as a "ready to wear" off the shelf system?

You helped a lot with six simple words, just curious on your take on it, thanks zorak.
>>
>>17439963

KABBALAH = 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 + 1 + 8 = 38 = 2

BULLSHIT = 2 + 21 + 12 + 12 + 19 + 8 + 9 + 20 = 103 = 4

So KABBALAH is clearly the root of all BULLSHIT.
>>
question. I asked it on a thread but got no relevant replies:

If banishing rituals are mainly to clear psychological debris from your mind, do they also can banish real entities?
and if so, how?
>>
Mornin', folks.
>>
>>17439125
Is the library in torrent form? trying to download some of the big files (500mbs+) it gets stuck on 99% even with the mega extension. What is the best way to download it?
>>
File: 1457233257257.gif (24 KB, 638x1441) Image search: [Google]
1457233257257.gif
24 KB, 638x1441
>>17440365
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17436914/#17437177

>>17440283
lrn2gematria

>>17439963
They certainly sound like they know what they're talking about...
>>
>>17440620
>torrent
Nope.

Sounds like a problem with mega. First, clear your cache, second get Mega's browser extension, if that don't work, get a fresh install (meaning no plugins) of Firefox, Chromium, or Chrome.

The service only rarely gives me problems at this point, and when it does they're weeeird. It could simply be your connection to the site for the next few hours is shit.

I hear folks saying that downloading folder or other mass texts as a .zip, and downloading individual files at a time, works best.
>>
>>17440626

What you're telling me is that I should not make differences between own and pre-existing entities? Do you think they can all be banished with the same ritual?

But the real question is: Why does an entity care about if i Banish or not? It has its own free will, doesn't it?
>>
>>17440657
There is no 'one size fits all' answer that will give you Truth. There is no unified occult doctrine.

What I'm telling you is that either pick a model and sick with it, or understand the question of origin is irrelevant in the face of experience.

A bomb goes off near you. Do you care if it's a concussive or incendiary device? No, because you just got chunk'd no matter the explosive mechanism.

>all banishing through the same ritual
Nope. Certain classes of entity are surprisingly resistant to traditional high magick banishing. That's when you break out the songs or drums or chants or cultural spells/rituals.

>it has it's own free will
Depends on the entity.

You REALLY need to stop thinking everything's the same as everything else.
>>
>>17440668
Ok then, is there any way to learn how to defend against those tough entities? I mean, before meeting them. So one has a certain preparedness
>>
>>17440668
>Certain classes of entity are surprisingly resistant to traditional high magick banishing. That's when you break out the songs or drums or chants or cultural spells/rituals.

Now you got me curious too Thoth. Elaboration?
>>
back to the top ;)
>>
>>17439510
>More like Freemasonic Philosopher Gnostics, but then what's a Martinist?

1.) What does this mean?
2.) What are the differences between any of the different sects?

>>17439855
There is only one Religion. Think God to gods.

>>17440668
>There is no unified occult doctrine.

This is a problem of doctrine.

>You REALLY need to stop thinking everything's the same as everything else.

You should be more careful ,you're being prescriptive here without being prescriptive. Why should they stop thinking this way? If this person saw the error in thinking this way, what would the lesson be? What would this reveal about them?

It will provide fertile ground when the thinker realizes what they are doing and what problem is showing itself through thinking this way.. By preempting this experience, you steal the knowledge from the thinker. At best now, without any further prescription, the problem inverts itself and the thinker starts to think everything is different.
>>
Anyone know about more about making a sigil? I'm really clueless and don't know how clear my desire should be stated and how long/short it should be and if I can somehow affect people's actions with it.
>>
cpp grey discusses the suicide box
https://youtu.be/nQHBAdShgYI

>>17441746
Frater U.D. - Practical Sigil Magic.pdf 2.1 MB
https://mega.nz/#!phMjSJCB!3fwJBnFLr18f-tZnnjvUNqHA_iWwg-0-__0T6fA5xX4

>>17440780
Deconstruction and denial of existence can be very powerful tools for banishment.

>>17440613
morning

>>17440283
GMTRIA NVTRIQVN, and ThMVRH are impossible to get anything out of without the beleif that there is no such thing as coincidence, which is in itself a very hard thing to manage. But you can do plenty with kabbalah without getting into the literary.

>>17439975
There is no such thing as a pure system. Every system has some aspects of another in it. The thing about "off the self" systems when it comes to modern practices is that someone else has already put some of the work in for you, cutting away that which is useless and adding that which they think will be helpful. Which is what you're going to do with your own practice as well, regardless of what material you start with.

What I'm saying is that there are no hard lines, even in a quilt the squares don't have stitch points it just kinds of blends together like tiedie
>>
>>17441916
>Deconstruction and denial of existence can be very powerful tools for banishment.

we're talking about a pre-existing entity, one that has "free will". Do you really think that telling it/yourself that you don't believe in its existence will really dispel it?

If we follow that logic, do you think you can banish a really bad teacher at your highschool?

Seriously, I'm not being ironic or anything. Just genuinelly intrigued.
>>
>>17441958
You've still got the finally say in what you deal with. If said teacher showed up at your door and started knocking and your response was to continue reclining on your couch and yelling "There is no one at the door, fuck off." There is a very good chance said teacher would leave.
>>
>>17441958
What is free will? How could you banish something that is not there?

No entity partakes of a purely free will, not even the entity of Free Will. The way our will is limited is not the same as these entities.
>>
>>17439855
Cognitive dissonance is the new sjw word it's a throw.
>>
>>17442305
It battles the arguement of psychosis
>>
Basically you say they are wrong "genuinely believing in false beliefs - religion" they throw that back.
>>
>>17442031
teachers may not gangstalk you, burn things around you or possess you while you sleep. Demons on the other hand may do it.
>>
These threads are always retarded
>>
This is lyrical combat, gentlemen hold you pistols, sjw use semantics to solve all the issues
>>
>>17441916

Oh man you're a joke, holy shit
The only magical thing about your neckbeard is how many fucking cheesies can get lost it in, give it a rest
>>
>>17442328
Like changing the word gay ;)
>>
>>17442334
Who would want to Change words? Enchanters?
>>
>Babalon
Babylonian Witchcraft Literature: Case Studies
Where is this? Sorry for the dumb question but i can't find it
>>
File: 1242786141805.jpg (151 KB, 430x615) Image search: [Google]
1242786141805.jpg
151 KB, 430x615
>>17442332
>not get
and sadly missing the trips isn't the only fail in that post

>>17442320
You're welcome to not participate if you don't like them

>>17442328
>>>/pol/
>>
>>17442348
In the babalon folder, file name is Brown_Judaic_Studies_I_Tzvi_Abusch-Babylonian_Witchcraft_Literature_Case_Studies_Brown_Judaic_Studies_-Scholars_Press_1
>>
>>17442361
Oh sorry i didnt read it well before,thank you
>>
>>17442305
>new SJW word
cognitive dissonance is not a new phrase, regardless of its use as a buzz phrase. In the context of my statement, it was used correctly.

I literally was in a position in which I was holding contradictory beliefs, and it was impeding my progress. That is cognitive dissonance.

Using "but muh SJW!" as an argument is as stupid as their "but muh cis white opression!".

>>17442332
Until you can offer better solutions, or provide more valuable input, you'll have to pardon us for discarding your opinion.
>>
>>17442082
even though, how come that a banishing spell persuades independent entities to banish?
>>
File: 1457209358554.png (37 KB, 116x201) Image search: [Google]
1457209358554.png
37 KB, 116x201
>>17441092
IJS, if you're getting shit form a South American spirit, LBRP may not work better than tobacco an and a ritual tune. If you're battling an unruly ghost with origins in Asia, it may be better to assume Vajrakila as opposed to Mars.

>>17441714
It means 'occult science' is only one of the possible Perfectibilist avenues of study, they were mostly traditional philosophers.

>This is a problem of doctrine.
H-how? Occultism doesn't come from one religion, it's an aspect of most every religion.

>Why should they stop thinking this way?
Phenomenology indicates that not all spirits respond the same way, see above.

>>17441746
From Agrippa:
Write out a statement of intent, delete repeating letters, and make art from the leftovers.

>>17441916
>are impossible to get anything out of without the beleif that there is no such thing as coincidence
I disagree, you need not buy 'synchronicity' to understand that the Hebrews may have codified their language differently than syntax, semantics, etc.

>>17441958
>we're talking about a pre-existing entity, one that has "free will".
We are? You never specified.

>telling it you don't believe
That's not how banishing works.

You don't sound very informed about occultism in general, mate. Where in LBRP or Star Ruby is a statement of disbelief?

>>17442315
?

>>17442320
Thanks for posting!

>>17442082
>No entity partakes of a purely free will, not even the entity of Free Will. The way our will is limited is not the same as these entities.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That.

>>17442412
We could always talk about one of those University Press texts I posted :3
>>
Another bump.
>>
>>17442646
>H-how? Occultism doesn't come from one religion, it's an aspect of most every religion.

There is only one Religion, which resists expression as doctrine, creating religions. There is only one Method, which again resists, and create methods.

>Phenomenology indicates that not all spirits respond the same way, see above.

There is uniformity in how they respond to the proper stimuli.
>>
>>17442720
>There is uniformity in how they respond to the proper stimuli.
Jake Stratton Kent (and me) have seen entities to which LBRP did about as much as a 'yo momma so fat' joke.

>There is only one Religion, which resists expression as doctrine, creating religions. There is only one Method, which again resists, and create methods.
Clean up specificity and I might agree, as that sounds too close to Perennialism. I'm hard pressed to believe the Kogi shaman shares the same underlying foundation Sufi mystic.
>>
Anybody have any thoughts on Egyptian religion? In particular how it relates to the greek? It seems like the only thing we have from them is the lesser mysteries.
>>
>>17442865
What do you think gives ideas their lasting power?

>I'm hard pressed to believe the Kogi shaman shares the same underlying foundation Sufi mystic.

Well, they do. The Sufi is undoubtedly more developed, but the truth is the truth.
>>
File: 1456723327675.jpg (138 KB, 404x428) Image search: [Google]
1456723327675.jpg
138 KB, 404x428
>Claims unlimited power & mastery of the cosmos
>Posts on /x/
>Cool poetry bro
>>
>>17439125
Alan Chapman's new project if anyone's interested
http://fountainheadschool.org/#whitepaper
>>
>>17443100
changing name :^)
>>
>>17443100
>get

Neat, lets see what we have here
>the white paper
Holy fuck if chapman was the one who wrote that than only self reflection he's ever done has involved a mirror.
>>
Do the anons in this thread believe in an afterlife?

What are your thoughts on the possibility of different realms of existence?
>>
>>17443202
That he's willing to offer it free is perhaps the only reason I'm not effort posting everything wrong with that write up.
>>
>>17443329
Nevermind, it's a fucking cult
http://fountainheadschool.org/vocation
>>
Guys, are there any GOOD books on Slavic paganism? I don't think I've ever come across one. Thanks in advance
>>
>>17443329
>>17443440
I'm interested to see how it plays out.

His argument seems to be that making meditation teachers professionals would avoid many of the problems with the current model(s). Seems worth a try to me.

Also, plenty of meditation teachers charge
>>
To the anon who posted the UCLA lectures several days ago, they start to hit their stride at around lecture 3 and get very good from there.

>>17443480
Maybe, but I have my doubts that other meditations teachers mission statement talks about how utter crap everyone else is. The white papers and that site through up so many red flags. But I agree it will interesting to watch, in a hindenburg sort of way.
>>
File: 1298692198335.jpg (41 KB, 323x640) Image search: [Google]
1298692198335.jpg
41 KB, 323x640
bamp
>>
File: rapist with ramen.jpg (60 KB, 442x448) Image search: [Google]
rapist with ramen.jpg
60 KB, 442x448
How's that spiritual awakening coming along, /omg/?
>>
>>17444320
Well.

>>17443678
>>17443480
Yeah, it looks more and more like the cheese done slid off Chapman's cracker.

Shame because the first vol. of his HGA experiment was p. decent.

>>17443464
That'd be a Surgo question. I've got a thing or two in the Euro and and Academic folders, but they're more articles than books.

>>17443277
I buy other realms of being sooner than I buy our ability to transmigrate to them.

>>17443021
>he thinks I've ever claimed unlimited power or mastery of anything
>he still shitposts my thread four years later
>he's going to condescend to me for having the temerity to address him
>>
>>17442646
>>we're talking about a pre-existing entity, one that has "free will".
>We are? You never specified.
>>telling it you don't believe
>That's not how banishing works.
>You don't sound very informed about occultism in general, mate. Where in LBRP or Star Ruby is a statement of disbelief?

fuck, This comes from here: >>17441916
>Deconstruction and denial of existence can be very powerful tools for banishment.

>>17442646
>>No entity partakes of a purely free will, not even the entity of Free Will. The way our will is limited is not the same as these entities.

Could you expand on this?
>>
>>17444167
Goat fucking is a crime in some states. Consult your doctor.
>>
>>17444466
>>17444477
Enought with these doubles already!
>>
>>17444398
Thanks, will ask him when I see him.
>>
Is there/What is the go-to result-oriented system/tradition of magic?
How long for a complete muggle to get some worldview-changing results?
>>
>>17444506
Each and every one.
But no, you want a quick fix.
Those things require time and patience. And depending on the school, shitloads of cash. Are you truly willing to invest years and years of time of dedication to the arts?
>>
>>17444522
>Each and every one.
Except most of those discussed in /omg/ it seems. Accomplishing the Great Work/attaining K&CHGA/uniting with the Monad/whatever is fine and all, but that doesn't pay the bills.

>Are you truly willing to invest years and years of time of dedication to the arts?
No, that's precisely the point. Why follow some extensive, arcane teaching if magic turns out to be complete bullshit? And if it is real, its causes must be pervading the whole universe and be easily accessible provided one knows how. Right?
>>
>>17444567
What bills?
And that's exactly why it takes so much time and money. To separate the weak from the strong.
Not trying to discourage you, but I don't think this is for you. Try another hobby, like music, or knitting
>>
>>17444653
>What bills?
Pay the litteral bills. You know, grown-up things.

>And that's exactly why it takes so much time and money.
Extracting wealth from the gullible's pocket isn't that time consuming.
>>
>>17444684
Than do that. You'll be wasting your time pursuing real magic. Shit, son, magic is about understanding yourself and the universe, not getting rich.
I mean, yeah, I could make shit-tons of cash just doing exorcisms and cleansing, but it isn't worth the energy and time invested.
If you wanna be a scammer, go read up on NLP, and popular psychology.
>>
>>17444695
>magic is about understanding yourself and the universe
Nah, that's science.

Also there's no stale bread left in the troll trough. Begone now.
>>
File: nuit.png (2 MB, 844x1160) Image search: [Google]
nuit.png
2 MB, 844x1160
Anyone has any hot occult goddesses and ladies? I think i'm developing an goddess fetish or something.
>>
>>17444567
>Accomplishing the Great Work/attaining K&CHGA/uniting with the Monad/whatever is fine and all, but that doesn't pay the bills.
Pays mine.

>turns out to be bullshit
Does it need to pay your bills in order to be bullshit? Sounds like you should get rid of all your books, films, music, and cut out all non-work related conversation.

>>17444825
JAI MAAAA
>>
>>17444842
>Pays mine.
How so?

>in order to be bullshit
not* to be bullshit, I presume.

No, it doesn't have to. But before dedicating my [probably unique] lifetime to learning the Lore, I'd rather try and see whether I can get something out of it that could be of use to someone else than me, instead of being a race to solitary enlightenment (because there's no "trickling down" here either).

How many millennia of exploration and practice without a decent grimoire of Spells That Never Failed So Far? Where are our magic teks? Where are our wormholes to enlightenment?
>>
>>17444896
I am really interested in the opinion of the high mages regarding this.
>>
>>17444896
>How so?
Well, when I'm in a pinch, Lemegeton + other operations have never let me down.

Then all this knowledge I've acquired w/r/t comparative religion helped me with my undergrad, and I'm applying it more practically in grad school (mostly because I don't want two back-to-back degrees in deep academia, though, professional degree seems like a better choice for my masters).

My point is the shit's as applicable to life as you make it.

>dedicating your lifetime to this instead of that
I think about the dozens of peers I have that have wasted thousands of hours on MMOs or FPSs, and I don't feel too bad about my choice of interest. Moreover, there is a tradition of householders, people with normalfag lives who come home and do ritual instead of flip on the game.

Again, use for others is mostly a matter of individual ingenuity, like paying the bills.

>how many millennia without...
Oh indeed. And how many millennia without a theory that's been revised, undermined, tossed out, or questioned. I'd even go so far as to assert this shit, as of today, has a fail rate, even under ideal conditions, that would make a statistician ill. Not to the point of unworkability, but it definitely don't make things easy.

>Magic teks
D-did you look at the military memetic lecture I posted in the OP?

>wormholes to enlightenment
They're at the end of a good hour and a half of yoga.
>best get to sittin'.
>>
>>17444918
>that's been revised
That's never been.

>>17444896
>not* to be bullshit, I presume.
Yuh, I should stop editing my comments so fuckin' hard.
>>
I'm kind of at a crossroads. I was interested in/practicing Thelema for a while, but increasingly I think it's all bullshit. I thought the 9th degree secret was going to be some great elaboration of practical sex magick and it ends up being about fucking felching.

I really am drawn into to more mystical side of occult stuff and am drawn more Indian stuff like yoga and tantra, but I'm worried it's just going to end up being a bunch of superstitious bullshit in the end like the western esoteric tradition feels to me now.

I don't feel like I should have to take up a bunch of ridiculous beliefs to reach enlightenment.
>>
>>17445100
Then don't.

FWIW, the Flavor of Essential Self Similarity is at the end of tantra too. If you're interested in the actual applications of this shit, read through the list of instructional documents along with the stuff extracted from AC's sexual magick papers, or even the diaries. The application of the substance is potent, from drawing down entities to creating your own.
>>
>>17445107
>>17445100
The upper grade papers lack context. The substance has various qualities depending on lunar phase as well; experiment using documents like Lokanath's Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology or the similar.

You're not going to get upper degree practical instructions on how to prepare a talisman, for example, just from reading the topical papers, hence why I added Grimorium Santissimum's scripted version last update. Reasonable approach to these matters entails following up on like Ida Craddock, a few of Motta's comments, tantrik elaborations, maybe a touch of Grant and Spare, and really digging into the diary content.
>>
>>17445100
create your own one man cult. subjective symbols are more efficient unless you happen to be exceptionally devoted to a specific form of worship already. i'm not saying you should make up a pantheon and a gibberish lingua sacra for it's own sake, but rather - figure stuff out for yourself. An initiation into even a minor mystery can be rather much more intimate, deep and personal when it's conveyed to you through the daimonic symbols your own individual psyche projects, the initiator being your HGA, as opposed to some pompous occult fraternity from near-victorian times. To trust nature herself as the ultimate guru breeds with it a courage, humility and devotion no amount of lodges and society dogma will. willingly focus your intention in a realistic pursuit and pray with all your being to attain this - either pray to the formless absolute or a form you find especially attractive, whatever suits you.
tldr; less magic more spirituality
>>
Thank you. That's really helpful.

I'm sure this has been asked to death, but how should the upper grade OTO stuff map to the A.'.A.'. grades for someone self studying?

And though this might be more involved than you want to discuss, what other specific material would you say is highly worth into adding into the original system for a self initiate?
>>
>>17445146
That is all well and good and valuable beyond measure, but it takes a certain degree of comparative religious study and practice to make the most of. Else you could not even use the words you used to mark the path.

That and my relationship with my ego is not something I would wish on anyone. Mostly out of selfishness, but also because it is pure s&m.
>>
>>17439125
What is the most powerful book in this collection?
>>
>>17439125
interesting compilation you have there OP, especially with the Dion books
>>
What's the spiritual equivalent of steroids -if there even is such a thing- as in rapid progress at the potential cost of 'safety/health/well being'?
>>
>>17445360
kundalini yoga
>>
>>17445364
Can a fat, nicotine obsessed omnivore perform kundalini?
Or you gotta be all pure, spring water drinker. shimmi ya , and all that staff that comes from the new age crap.
>>
>>17445382
Yes, you can be a fat smoking bastard
>>
>>17445382
Consider that spiritual gains are about overcoming addiction and being aware of the effects of what you put into your body. Mind and body are one, to treat one well, you must treat both well. The equivalent of steroids would be bitch slapping your ego every time it has a childish want like more cake or another cigarette or to stop running and man the fuck up.
>>
>>17445403
So rejecting your opposite?
obsessions and wanting are part of your shadow self. how can one be whole if he rejects and hides what he thinks is negative or considered bad for someone spiritual growth.
isent the whole point of the spiritual practises or dogmas to becoming whole and one with oneself. therefore shouldent Buddha be smoking cigarettes and walking with a fat belly while practising kundalini as he wishes?
>>
>>17445382
If you dismiss a caring for your body as "new age crap", I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to get very far with this sort of thing.
>>
>>17445360
Kriya yoga
>>
>>17445431
>This is a common misconception that is discussed ad-nauseam by pretty much every entry level text on the matter. Freedom is an obligation to your highest self, it doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want and hum dum moksha pops out.
>>
>>17445179
All Class B materials are to be read by Probationers, even the secret OTO documents.

Zelator begins "study of the formula of the Rose Cross", meaning sexual magick, so you read the dox at Probationer, and get theoretical instruction at Zelator, before practical application from DL forward.

>>17445331
Potent for what?

>>17445342
It better be interesting, it's the home of the unpublished Yorke Microfilms from the Warburg Collection.
>>
>>17445468
>>17445331
Lets say illumination,Truth on existence and Magical ability.
>>
File: 'im spirtual'.png (1003 KB, 676x806) Image search: [Google]
'im spirtual'.png
1003 KB, 676x806
>>17445382
This is not me (>>17445360)

>>17445403
I already live a pretty 'austere' life as it, so that advice is something I have already been applying.
The reason I ask about 'spiritual steroids' is because I recently took up the goal of 'ceasing to suffer' (call it enlightenment or whatever). I have found that internal contentment is not depended on external means.
Anyway, this is a purely a 'rational' realization; it doesn't do much in terms of working towards that goal of cessation of suffering, so I started meditating like a mad cunt, but I'm not too happy with the rate at which I'm progressing so that's why I ask.

I understand there are no shortcuts, but I can only assume that some methods are more efficient than others.
>>
>>17445483
Go get Chogyam Trungpa's Cutting through Spiritual Materialism from your favorite libgen if you haven't already. It's the best read I've found on what we are trying to do in the plainest languageand should answer your question.

What I have found is that everyone says their method is best, but only the dzogchen school says that theirs is better than that. But of course I would say that as I practice Bön through the lens of wiccan kaula with uranian allegory for flavor.
>>
>>17445475
Libri 65 & 7. Kaulajnananirnaya. Tantraloka. The Book of Lies. Chaldean Oracles of Zoroaster.
>>
File: 1453493287120.png (13 KB, 882x113) Image search: [Google]
1453493287120.png
13 KB, 882x113
>>17445545
You'd have no fucking clue how thrilled I'd be if the most coherent and robust schools of Tantra weren't gated by the Dzogchen schools and/or Gelug in particular.

Godfuckin'damn.
>>
File: eris_discordia2_by_telthona1.jpg (342 KB, 700x904) Image search: [Google]
eris_discordia2_by_telthona1.jpg
342 KB, 700x904
>>17444477
>Dubs
>implying crowley needed a doctor

>>17444466
>Dubs!
LBR is a elemental banishing, doesn't banish spirits, the reason it works as a catch all banishing is because you assume a godform while doing it to spook off everything
>commanding archangels and shit

Even if you'd like to go with invoking counter elements as banishing instead of the very traditional "I am a powerful god, am friends with a powerful god" Deconstruction (counter elements) and denial (I say you don't exist) are still good tools.

>>17444506
one year manual has already been linked in this thread, have at it

>>17444825
pic very related

>>17444842
Witchcraft! Are you heavier then a duck?

>>17444896
If you don't find it interesting, if you just want what you can get out of it, than there is nothing here for you. The benefit comes from knowing and mastering yourself, from enjoying your works and your life. If you're only concern is amazing piles of shit, than you won't get anything out of the practice.

>>17445100
>dubs
> be some great elaboration
wiser men than me have said that you can tell how far along a person is in the oto by how disappointed they look

From my experience with the eastern stuff they are very upfront with their bullshit, you get it at the start rather than at the end
>stare at the sun and all that jazz

Look into authors who keep mainly with the phyc model, far less bullshit to hand wave.
>>
File: v6zCII6.jpg (223 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
v6zCII6.jpg
223 KB, 540x800
>>17445549
thanks
>>
>>17445545
While you're plugging Trungpa I should point out that the teacher I plug around here, Reggie Ray was his student and is trying to carry on his work.

>>17445561
Prohlum with Dzogchen bitch nigga?
>>
File: RinzaiGigen.jpg (57 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
RinzaiGigen.jpg
57 KB, 413x600
>>17445587
I have problems with Buddhism in general and when I voice them to Satyr he tells me I sound like Rinzai, so there's that.
>>
>>17445561
Same here. Can't stand monks and their massive egos driven by the great yellow mask of humility. At least it has weakened as they set up shop in rural areas outside of wealthy universities for the promise of attention and greenbacks. Or as they call it, spreading dharma. Hinayanists already have a 24 hour monkline, not long before you can get a master of dream tantra on skype as well as the astral. It's already nowhere near as monolithic and Catholic as it first appears and previously was.
>>
>>17445607
Give me the problems without getting into obscurantist nonsense
>>
>>17445624
We don't want to be a member of any club that would not only have us as a member, but make us a saint after a week.
>>
>>17445624
If everything is empty, why do the words of the Buddha have mass? Why in the blue fuck would I need his scriptures after enlightenment, let alone filtered through students of schools 400 years after he bought the Pure Land, when I can go out into the world of suffering, understand as he understood, do yoga as he did, and come to.......

I don't think people will ever reach enlightenment "learning Buddhism". Or even practicing, in a few contexts. The core revelation did not involve the nigga cloistering himself away to do mantra for all eternity.

Once we start getting into rolls of saints I start to nod off. I want Liberation, not monasteries.

This is why I favor Hindi Tantra. Incidentally, it's part of the reason I don't like organized Thelema as it's expressed in a lot of OTO local bodies as well.
>>
>>17445640
>According to Taranatha—and this is confirmed by modern scholarship—in its early days, the Vajrayana was strictly a nonmonastic tradition. Among the eighty-four siddhas, as seen in their Indian biographies (the Chaturashiti-siddha-pravritti), the great majority have no connectionwhatever with Buddhist monasticism. There are a few that begin theirBuddhist careers as monks, but virtually all of them end up separatingthemselves from monastic life as they begin to practice the Vajrayana.The staid and conventional atmosphere of the monastery evidentlycould not contain the energy, boldness, and unpredictability of theirspiritual search. The siddhas carry out their practice either in the wildsin retreat or in the context of lay life. By the tenth century, more conventional forms of Tantric Buddhism are beginning to be practiced inIndian monasteries, and in the next two centuries Vajrayana texts arebeing studied within monastic contexts.8 However, even during this period, the most serious Vajrayana practice continues to be found amongretreatants and lay yogins, outside of the conventional settings of institutionalized monasticism.
>>
>>17445656
>Another type of person feels less inclined to study all the details of the words of the Buddha and the statements of enlightened masters, or to investigate them with the power of factual reasoning. Rather, they wish to focus directly on the verycore of the awakened state—the wakefulness that perceivesevery possible aspect of knowledge exactly as it is—personally,within their own experience. Such people are not so interestedin taking a long, winding, round-about road through detailedstudies and analytical speculations; rather they want immediateand direct realization. For such people there is the approachof pith instructions [on meditation], including Mahamudra andDzogchen.9

Mahamudra and dzokchen are, as we shall see, the essence and epitome of the meditative lineages of Vajrayana Buddhism in Tibet.
>>
>>17445656
And then it gets reabsorbed by the selfobsessed bootlickers, coat riders and intellectual autoeroticists. Fuck it, I'm building my own temple only with even more nagas and pederasty.
>>
>>17445662
>>17445656
Ok then why does Tibetan Theo-politics hold that the Tantrayana's to be more or less held from the public under the gates of the monastic oaths?

I mean, I get it, discipline, 'nothing to stop you from going to the funeral grounds' , etc., but it's just maddening that they'd do that.

I could also point out that the 'essence and epitome' was developed from, with, and alongside the Hindi practitioners under court sponsorship, and I would humbly submit that the best of Tantric initiation comes from those lines of transmission.
>>
File: large_d0bc77ff70.jpg (393 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
large_d0bc77ff70.jpg
393 KB, 612x612
>>17445672
>Fuck it, I'm building my own temple only with even more nagas and pederasty.
~t. Abhinavagupta
>>
>>17445680
As it says,

>By the tenth century, more conventional forms of Tantric Buddhism are beginning to be practiced in Indian monasteries, and in the next two centuries Vajrayana texts are being studied within monastic contexts.

Probably true that the best of the Vajrayana comes from Hindu Tantra but I'd add that the confluence with Buddhist philosophy produces a unique flavor worthy of consideration, conventional Buddhism aside.

>>17445672
Same
>>
File: mastas.jpg (45 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
mastas.jpg
45 KB, 333x499
>>17445690
Would recommend this book in this connection
>>
>>17445691
>>17445690
Forgot dribbcode xD
>>
File: IMG_20160307_214940.jpg (2 MB, 2160x3600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_214940.jpg
2 MB, 2160x3600
>>17445688
Good to know I'm headed in the right direction.
>>
>>17445690
>As it says
As I said, I get why, just not WHY, if that makes sense.

If it's the best and fastest, as the Dzogchen assert, then why do the earliest of their Tantras so others do it just as well? Why would it be held in relative through strict secrecy of it's so damn good? Why won't Dalai Lama hold an international lecture on the most auspicious times for your wisdom consort to produce the most potent kala, etc., etc., etc.
>>
File: 1443830145867.png (230 KB, 413x499) Image search: [Google]
1443830145867.png
230 KB, 413x499
>>17445702
>Tantras so others
say others

>>17445694
We know who it is.
>>
>>17445702
It's in your name. Rubies and pigs. Easterns are as hard to part from their guru worship, sacredness of teachings and filial piety as westerns are from their slave morality.
>>
>>17445702
Political reasons over time I'd suppose. That the individual hardcore practitioners often conflict with the administrative types. Etc.

I'm averse to mainstream Buddhism as well, although I believe there's a gem in there that comes out in Tantric Buddhism.

Where do you get your dank memes u bish?
>>
File: 1445731558594.jpg (99 KB, 666x636) Image search: [Google]
1445731558594.jpg
99 KB, 666x636
>>17445723
>Where do you get your dank memes u bish?
The A.'.A.'. has recently gained a monopoly on the dank maymay ward of the Akashic Record.
>>
>>17445730
Makes sense.

Well I'm gonna dump some Tantric Buddhist ish to keep this thread lit 100 100 fire fire 100 fire 100
>>
>>17445723
>>17445730
>>17445736
Also you didn't really answer my question about the whole 'emptiness and Buddha's worth' thing but I don't begrudge you and it was a commendable effort at clarification. It's really all my complaints about Chalcedonian Christfags, but only amplified because I think there's more substance in what the Buddha non-gained, so to see multiple monastic traditions spring up around it just gives me the howling fantods.

I don't dislike Buddhism, I just have more objections to it than other ideologies (and less objections to it than the goddamn Vaishnava).
>>
>>17445723
I'd say it's more the nirvana paradox. They can't give up buddhism, the meme of it, to even serve themselves and others in the way the very ism prescribes. Essentially they are dead hosts spreading the meme but not the ingredients that free one from memes. That is what I find disgusting. Not like all the aescetics and yogis with their dead eyes and nonsense babble that screams autism as much as a Catholic in prayer or a Muslim in a bomb vest or an evangelical getting high off of telling you that you are a sinner.

Autism. This is what I see that I want to escape from. Being a self centered petri dish of memes and toxic ego.
>>
>>17445736
>At the core of this work on the masters of Mahamudra is an adaptation of the Tibetan text called Legends of the Eighty-four Mahasiddhas (Grub thob brgyad bcu tsa bzhi’i lo rgyus), and thistext can be appreciated on three levels. Firstly, the legends of thehistorically pre-eminent siddhas—Nagarjuna, Saraha, Luipa,Virupa, to name a few—are stories of magical power andknowledge. These exemplify the astonishing and entertaining didactic stories belonging to the Buddhist lineages of Indian Tantratransmitted by Guru to disciple down the centuries. Secondly, mostof the legends can be perceived as allegories in which every anecdoteis an analogy and every act a metaphor composed to instruct thetantric initiate in his or her life-praxis and meditation. Some of theshort lesser known siddhas’ legends consist only of basic biographicalinformation and meditation instruction shorn of the hermeticalsheath of allegory. Thirdly, since the legends were written downshortly after the death of the last of the eighty-four, there is historyto be sieved from them, despite the orthographical depredations ofscribes and wood-block carvers. Thus we have eighty-four authentictantric legends, eighty-four paradigms of tantric meditation technique, and eighty-four personalities, some historical, some archetypal, who lived in India between the eighth and twelfth centuries.
>>
>>17445745
I have a passage from a Tantra trying to explain the paradox. Dunno if I'll be able to find it. Will dump what I'm dumping first.

Until then I'd say one answer is the Two Truths doctrine
>>
>>17445749
Lost a sentence there.

Not autistic fervor, but close. Hipsterdom. Almost, but not quite being self aware. The teen but not the man. Monastics are massive fucking hipsters in the worst possible way.
>>
>>17445752
>The evolution of Tantra into the dominant spiritual power in Indian life coincided with the growth of a terrible, destructive menace on India’s north-west frontier. At the beginning of theeighth century, when Arab power was supreme from Morocco toSindh, in India the numerous inheritors of imperial Gupta glorywere engaged in internecine conflicts, and Indian culture was in astate of decay. The old dispensation was vitiated, society takingrefuge in inflexible caste rules and regulations; and as form and procedure governed social life, so ritual dominated religion andscholasticism the academies. There was no vital, united society tomeet the threat of the fanatical Islamic armies who wreaked burning, pillage and massacre, and who were a new kind of enemy, compelling Islam or the sword. As a stream of Buddhist refugeesbrought tales of the destruction of Buddhist Central Asia to India,Tantra was increasing its influence, particularly in Oddiyana, thefront-line state, and also in eastern India, where a new power, theBuddhist Pala Dynasty, was emerging. Was it coincidence that India took refuge in Tantra with its uncompromising non-dualistmetaphysics, its school of spontaneous liberation, and its fierceflesh-eating, blood-drinking deities, during a period of incipientdoom? Is it a further coincidence that, after rejecting Tantra forcenturies, the West finds it increasingly acceptable as the notion ofmankind’s extinction become credible?
>>
>>17445769
>The number eighty-four is a “whole” or “perfect” number. Thus the eighty-four siddhas can be seen as archetypes representing thethousands of exemplars and adepts of the tantric way. The siddhaswere remarkable for the diversity of their family backgrounds andthe dissimilarity of their social roles. They were found in every reachof the social structure: kings and ministers, priests and yogms, poetsand musicians, craftsmen and farmers, housewives and whores.However, the greatest names amongst the eighty-four—Tilopa,Naropa, Saraha, Luipa, Ghantapa, Dombipa, etc.,—were sadhusiddhas, mendicant yogins living with the people on a grass-rootslevel of society, teaching more by psychic vibration, posture and attitude— mantra, mudra and tantra* — than by sermonizing. Someof these siddhas were iconoclasts, dissenters and anti-establishmentrebels fulfilling the necessary function of destroying the rigidity ofold and intractable customs and habits, so that spontaneity and newvitality could flourish. Obsessive caste rules and regulations in society, and religious ritual as an end in itself, were undermined by thesiddhas’ exemplary free-living. The irrelevance of scholastic hairsplitting in an academic language, together with a host of social andreligious evils, were exposed in the poets’ wonderful mystical songswritten in the vernacular tongues. They taught existential involvement rather than metaphysical speculation, and they taught theideal of living in the world but not of it rather than ascetic selfmutilation or monastic renunciation. The siddhas are characterizedby a lack of external uniformity and formal discipline.
>>
>>17445773
>Under the generous patronage of the Pala Emperors in the eastern Indian empire, where the majority of the siddhas lived, therevolution became the establishment. The great academies ofVikramasTla and Somapurl were built, and the ancient monasticestablishment at Nalanda was extensively enlarged. The militancyof the siddha-poets decrying empty ritualism, charlatanism,specious philosophizing, scholasticism, hypocrisy and the castesystem,4 is less apparent during Naropa’s period in the eleventh century. The attitudes and precepts of Tantra became more socially acceptable after generations of siddhas in positions of temporal powerhad influenced people and events on many levels. From the beginning, Tantra’s flexibility permitted initiates like Lilapa to retaintheir secular status, wealth and pleasure, and this principle oftolerance and inclusiveness was a significant factor in the appeal ofthe doctrine; as the millennium approached the increasing hedonismcould be used as a path to spiritual liberation. However, the ideal ofspiritual anarchism, the attitude that precluded attachment toreligious forms, prevailed, and in its esoteric, yogic form, Tantra remained the preserve of initiates into the lineage, and no institutionalism compromised their spirit of existential freedom.
>>
File: diogenes-meme.jpg (54 KB, 382x436) Image search: [Google]
diogenes-meme.jpg
54 KB, 382x436
>>17445773
This all sounds familiar. Do love some tilopa and naropa though. It's like reading about myself and I do love myself.
>>
>Tantra took centuries to come out if its closet. Its history up to the era of the siddhas can only be conjecture, but it appears thatoriginally, in the guise of fertility cults, it belonged to the preAryan, tribal worshippers of the Mother Goddess, and later, also, tothe low castes and out-castes of Hindu society. A corpus of sympathetic and imitative magic for a variety of mundane purposessuch as healing became part of the various tantric cults. Then overthe centuries, as they became “sanskritized” and more sophisticated,these cults assimilated brahmanicaldeities, their rituals and theprinciples of mantra.Later still, Upanishadic philosophy,Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras and principles of mahayana Buddhistphilosophy were assimilated, and a crucialtransformation was accomplished—a body of ritual magic became a soteriological systemwith liberation from human suffering as its aim. Whether theKapalikas, or a similar sect of primitive saiva Tantra, or hereticalBuddhist monks, formed the first lineage of antra as we know it, isnot known, butin the fourth or fifth century, a need arose for orderand consistency in the system, and this could only be achieved bycommitting to palm leaf manuscript what until then had been purely oral transmission. The Manjusrimulakalpa* contained a body ofmahayana lore andalso the basic father-tantra man^ala of the FiveDhyani Buddhas; but the Guhyasamaja-tantra6 is considered to bethe first of the root-tantras describing yoga techniques as well as themandalas, mantras and rites associated with the propitiation of aparticular deity and his retinue, in this case Guhyasamaja. Thistantra was probably compiled in the sixth or seventh century, notreaching its final form until Indrabhuti "revealed” it in the eighthcentury. The eighth and ninth centuries saw the revelation of mostof the major tantras, particularly the mother-tantras, incorporatingmany elements from the sakta, Goddess-worshipping cults.
>>
>>17445787
>When the scriptural tantras were written down, Tantra could no longer be kept secret. There were many reasons for secrecy, perhapsthe most important being the need to avoid the hostile propagandaof brahmin orthodoxy. One of Tantra’s appeals was its catholictolerance in initiating members of all castes and both sexes, a practice that militated against the priestly supremacy of the brahmins.Practices such as meat-eating, drinking liquor, and in some sakta-influenced tantras, sexual intercourse between untouchables andtwice-born initiates, were abhorrent to the brahmins. One of theachievements of the siddhas was to make Buddhist Tantra sociallyacceptable, but although the exoteric forms of Tantra comprisedthe religion of the masses, the orthodox have retained their hostilityuntil this day. In the same way that Buddhism had attracted India’sgreatest minds to its past forms, amongst the siddhas were men withthe ability to write great commentaries on the tantras, in the processinterpreting ambiguity in terms consistent with mahayana ethicsand principles, excising all traces of gross practices that carried astigma.

Had to remove even more spaces in the last one to make it fit.
>>
>>17445793
>Before describing the yogas and the teaching of these spiritual adventurers and multi-facetted adepts called siddhas, it will behelpful to define several Sanskrit words that remain untranslatedthroughout the work, words that have no English equivalents. Thefirst word is siddha itself. Literally a siddha is a practitioner of Tantra who is successful in attaining the goal of his meditation. Thisachievement is known as siddhi. Stddht is two-fold: magical power(mundane), and the Buddha’s enlightenment (ultimate).7 Thus siddha could be rendered "saint,” “magus,” “magician,” “adept;” butthese words are feeble, failing to evoke the originality of the siddhas’tantric life-style. For the uninitiated Indian the word siddha evokesmagical power above all; if a yogin can walk through walls, fly in thesky, heal the sick, turn water into wine, or even levitate and readminds, he deserves the title siddha. If that same yogin has a crazyglint in his eye, smears himself with ashes, moves himself or others totears with his song, calms street mongrels by his presence, tears afaithful woman from her family, wears a vajra—a symbol of immutability—in his yard-long hair-knot, eats from a skull-bowl, talkswith the birds, sleeps with lepers, upbraids demagogues for morallaxity, or performs with conviction any act contrary to conventionwhile demonstrating a “higher” reality, then he is doubly a siddha.Common people impressed by appearances have no conception ofthe siddha’s esoteric aim —Mahamudra—and cannot know that asiddha may also be an inconspicuous peasant, an office worker, aking, a monk, a servant or a tramp.

K getting lazy this might be the last one
>>
>>17445803
Thanks for the text dump, m8.
>>
File: naruto.jpg (295 KB, 1067x1500) Image search: [Google]
naruto.jpg
295 KB, 1067x1500
>>17445781
Same, naruto is my fav

>>17445819
Np
>>
What are the benefits of doing ritual and buying into esoteric thought as opposed to just using NLP and psychology to achieve the same effects?

I know that the latter is actually reliable and faster from reading these threads, however it still bugs me that you guys keep on posting about all the myths and weird practices.

So. What are the benefits over the psych model?
>>
>>17445834
The psych model is only a collection of echniques that has to fit into a greater method, as it doesn't really go anywhere on its own.

The main issue is that it is heavily intellectualized, which can be counterproductive. Also, the point is that the flavor of the text speaks to and better manipulates your own inner mythology. NLP and psychology are just the occultism of the 19 and 1880s, respectively. They are also often outright wrong and in the case of most psychology, deal too heavily in medical pathology and too lightly in healing the individual. You're just trading a positive form of intellectual mastubation for a negative one.

That is, it's all the same, but to assume western psychology has all the answers after barely 100 years would be very foolish. Disregard nothing but what you can actually prove bullshit on its own merit and use everything else. Having but a single model for a thing is less than useless.
>>
>>17445826
>(5) (With respect to the first of these three topics): at the
outset, we should understand what we have not yet understood.
All phenomena which are either seen or heard, however many of
them there may be, are like so many false images, even though
they may appear to be very diverse. Thus we can conclusively
determine that they are merely a magical display of the
mind. (6) The nature of the mind is from the very begin-
ning empty and without a self. Having nothing concrete about it,
~ts aspect which is luminous clarity is unobstructed (and
uninterrupted), like the moon reflected on the water. This is that
ultimate primal awareness of pure presence within which there
is no duality of emptiness and clarity. We should understand that
this primal awareness is naturally and spontaneously self-
perfected.

>(7) Since we recognize that (external) appearances are
merely ornaments (or embellishments) of the real condition of
existence, appearances which arise to the alertly relaxed six
sense aggregates are self-liberated into their own condition
(whenever they arise). Since we recognize that pure presence is
just primal awareness as such, manifestations of our passions
and karmic traces are self-liberated into their own condition (whenever they arise).
(8) Since appearances and pure
presence are recognized to be inseparable, thoughts which grasp
at the duality of subject and object are self-liberated fnto their
own condition (whenever they arise). Furthermore, the methods
of self-liberation through bare attention, self-liberation upon
the arising of thoughts, and self-liberation as such, are the means
for progressing along the path of practice according to the intent
of this yoga.
>>
>>17445888
The awareness arising at the first sudden instant of sense contact is indeed that pure presence which arises without
correction (or modification) and which is uncreated (by causes).
This very condition of existence which transcends the limita-
tions of both subject and object is the authentic self-originated
primal awareness of pure presence.
(10) With respect to
this pure presence, the three aspects of the state of Samantabha-
dra are truly complete: being devoid of any karmic traces, its
Essence which is the dharmakaya is emptiness; being devoid of
thoughts and concepts, its Nature which is the sambhogakaya is
clarity; being devoid of any desires or attachments, (its Energy)
which is the nirma~;~akaya, is unobstructed (and uninterrupted).
(9)
(11) Such an awareness, in just its coming into being, is
entirely devoid of dualistic thoughts which think in terms of
subject and object, and so (external appearances) arise as
manifestations of clarity without any grasping (at conceptions or
judgm.ents). Appearances present themselves in the state of the
real condition of existence.
(12) Because this uncondi-
tioned, natural, instantaneous awareness encounters the real
condition of existence as its Mother, (we speak of it as) the
dharmakaya. Remaining in this condition of spontaneously self-
perfected pure presence is the natural state of the Great
Perfection.
>>
>>17445702
>If it's the best and fastest, as the Dzogchen assert, then why do the earliest of their Tantras so others do it just as well? Why would it be held in relative through strict secrecy of it's so damn good? Why won't Dalai Lama hold an international lecture on the most auspicious times for your wisdom consort to produce the most potent kala, etc., etc., etc.

Because it is a trap? It weeds people out. Almost every tradition promises a shortcut.
>>
>>17444918
>I think about the dozens of peers I have that have wasted thousands of hours on MMOs or FPSs, and I don't feel too bad about my choice of interest. Moreover, there is a tradition of householders, people with normalfag lives who come home and do ritual instead of flip on the game.

What exactly do you think ritual is for?

>>17444466
>Could you expand on this?

Causality, time, space, nature, etc. This place has rules.
>>
>>17445871
>The psych model is only a collection of echniques that has to fit into a greater method, as it doesn't really go anywhere on its own.

Really? I could swear that it goes a very long way towards self-development,self-understanding and achieving high levels of personal integrity bu overcoming personal limitations and inhibitions.

>The main issue is that it is heavily intellectualized, which can be counterproductive.

It's heavily intellectualized because it's an evidence-based approach, as opposed to occultism.

>Also, the point is that the flavor of the text speaks to and better manipulates your own inner mythology.

That's kinda the point of CBT and psychotherapy. It doesn't appear to me that you understand what you're talking about.

>NLP and psychology are just the occultism of the 19 and 1880s, respectively.

>NLP
>19th century

At least get your information correct before speaking. Anton Mesmer, the pioneer of applied and healing hypnosis actually was heavily involved in Freemasonry.

>They are also often outright wrong and in the case of most psychology,

Correct. However that is in most cases due to the treatment not being client-oriented, rather than anything else. Plus, being outright wrong can very easily be applied to occultism as well.

>deal too heavily in medical pathology and too lightly in healing the individual.

That hasn't been my experience so far, and I've seen massive positive changes in the lives of the people I work with, both via NLP and other forms of psychotherapy.

>You're just trading a positive form of intellectual mastubation for a negative one.

One that works vs. one that doesn't, I would say.

C.D.
>>
>That is, it's all the same, but to assume western psychology has all the answers after barely 100 years would be very foolish.

What if it's not an assumption about all the answers, but just the vast majority of what occultism does?

Because realistically, there are only three things that psychology can't answer today (and neurosci is coming very close to answering):
>Astrology
>Telepathy
>Effects apparently caused by supernatural means

>Disregard nothing but what you can actually prove bullshit on its own merit and use everything else. Having but a single model for a thing is less than useless.

That's what I've been doing, and so far there's apparently no merit to occultism. I'm still curious as to why you haven't actually answered my
question.
>>
>>17445982
C.D?

Also parapys falls into the psych model as well and has a fair amount of demons.
Also Gods and myths are fun.
Also I've started getting into hypnosis a bit lately and it seems about on par with lucid dreaming, interesting enough but lacking in novelty
>>
Any magical practice seems very hard to accomplish with a full-time night job, wife, and child. Should I accept my fate?

What could I possibly do?
>>
>>17446058
>C.D?
Two-post reply.

>Also parapys falls into the psych model as well and has a fair amount of demons.

No, it doesn't. I am beyond familiar with the literature, and there's zero evidence for "non-material intelligence" existing.

>Also Gods and myths are fun.

Good point, I suppose. Although I personally find them tedious.

>Also I've started getting into hypnosis a bit lately and it seems about on par with lucid dreaming, interesting enough but lacking in novelty

LD comes nowhere near the vastness and diversity of real-life results you can introduce in your life.
>>
>>17446073
>the literature
Where does jung's red book and regadie's middle pillar fall on your scale? Both implicitly say it's all in mind, and both also say there is merit to working with, or at least banishing demons?

> tedious
not the least bit romantic?

>vastness and diversity of real-life results
in terms of the depth and uniqueness of the trance it's about the same as LD. When it comes to real life results you know my thoughts on witchcraft.
>>
>>17446060
Get Victorian. Retire into your study after dinner or breakfast or in the middle of the day when no one is around or in the storage locker you rent out and go to the you say you're going to the gym. Seriously, set some boundaries.

Or admit you don't want to change and keep doing what you are doing and get what you have always gotten. The part in initiation, in buddhist parables, in shamanism where you have to be willing to die, to give up your life as it is and as you know it, everything; it wasn't hyperbole. You sound like those faggots who would rather take Prozac and take Viagra than get a new job and dump their shitty fat girlfriend, pop Xanax instead of riding the tiger and dealing with their past, accepting that they're kinda shitty but it's okay.

Or none of that, options are infinite. Finding an hour a day to just sit and 4 hours once a week or so to do some real work shouldn't be impossible, and isn't for friends of mine with full-time round the clock careers, thrice the kids and a mistress on the side. It's a necessity for them.

I gave up all my friends to go to college, my weekends to pay for it, my poop time to learn Spanish and save 4500 dollars, months of my time and gas money. You can give up something if you really want something else. Or find a way to make it all work if you're really clever. First thing that went was my shitposting time. This place is Mara.
>>
>>17446094
>Where does jung's red book and regadie's middle pillar fall on your scale? Both implicitly say it's all in mind, and both also say there is merit to working with, or at least banishing demons?

Jung can go suck a donkey's dick, as his theories are beyond silly (no, not everyone has archetypes - even a cursory read into parts therapy will dissolve that illusion).

Regardie is also full of shit on that account. He's writing from an occult perspective, which doesn't at all influence the actual processes of the mind.

Also
>implicitly
Not good enough.

What actually happens is, the person projects their individual problems and deals with them through the metaphor of the archetype/ demon/ whatever. The problem in this is, that's useless, slow, not effective enough, and doesn't address the root cause of the problem in the first place.

Yes, you can banish the demon of smoking, great. That doesn't solve the underlying causes that made you want to smoke in the first place, unlike modern, well-researched, evidence-based modes of therapy.

>not the least bit romantic?

No. I prefer literality to anything else, as clarity of communication comes first.

>in terms of the depth and uniqueness of the trance it's about the same as LD.

Well, first and foremost, "depth" is nothing less, nothing more, than a word we use to describe the subject's ability to realize suggestions.

Secondly, "uniqueness" isn't a thing. Trance doesn't feel like anything.

There's an experiment a friend of mine did that involved putting a guy into a deep hypnotic trance, then telling him to stay at that 'depth', and asking him "Are you hypnotized?", and then "How do you know?"

When he pointed at a feeling of being hypnotized, it was removed by suggestion. In the end, he literally didn't know if he was hypnotized or not. BUT, he was still realizing suggestions in the same manner.

In short, what you experience as trance is generated by the subconscious.
>>
>>17445691
Wow powerful book thx, shit i came here to checks what you guys are talking about,
and come across something i find exiting to read.
what is it madness,
>>
>>17446149
>inter-species erotica
Well if we are going that route

Archetypes are association, yes everyone forms them. That is how the human brain works, not everyone has the same ones, though some associations are cultural. When I say apple you think of sweet tart red fruit, when I say politician an archetype pops into your head that encompasses what you think a stereotypical politician is.

>Regardie and banishment
Regardie was a practicing psychologist, and what he recommends in his books is what he saw work in his practice. We may have found better methods since then, but does not mean the methods are complete bullshit.

>root cause of the problem
most of the time by the time people are seeking treatment the root cause has been dealt with and the "problem" is either just habit or addiction that is ready to be shaken off.

psyc model of magic is that the practices work, but it all takes place in your head. Saying all magic practice is bullshit isn't psyc model of magic, it's not a model of magic at all. If it was simply your intention to tell people not to practice magic, well it's not exactly a new thing in these threads, but at least you're effort posting it.
>>
>>17446137
That sounds really cool and all but I like living so I'll keep taking my Prozac. People like you are so grossly out of touch with reality it's not funny, it's sad.
>>
>>17446247
>Prozac
>out of touch with reality
>>
File: 1456724270374.jpg (62 KB, 468x494) Image search: [Google]
1456724270374.jpg
62 KB, 468x494
>>17444398
>but isn't that the implicit assumption of occult practice, study & philosophy? apotheosis?
>has it been 4 years already? my how time flies...
>how dare you speak to me

yeah nah
keep disseminating your khazar propaganda, friend & have fun doing it
>>
>>17446219
._.
>>
>>17446257
Don't take prozac, kill self, not be alive anymore because armchair magician said too

Do take prozac, continue with not wanting to die, appreciate life, job, wife, kid.

This would be a no brainier for people that had brains.
>>
>>17446299
Lel. Missing the metaphor this much. Just go play with your kid and do your nurse thing. The occult isn't for you.

>waah I wanna do thing but life
Change your life to fit it.
>but I don't want change
Then you didn't want thing.

The you unwilling to change has to die so that one who isn't this retarded can be born from his putrefacted remains. What is so hard to understand about this? Jesus shitfucking Christ how do you manage to not kill people all day?
>>
>>17446685
I manage not to kill people all day because I was trained for years and have have my bachelor's in it you massive edgelord.
>>
>>17446685
It's not like he needs to do an 8 hour privation every day to get into it.

>>17446299
If you want to get into it, read a book and get into it.
>>
>>17446299
Also, do you not get tired of coming here every month or so and being told the same thing only to repeat the same tired mantra to justify the very thing the practices you say you want to partake in seek to eliminate?

>>17446713
And a master's in fucking excuses. Read what I said again. An hour a day and a few hours every couple of weeks to yourself. That's all. If you can't find that, you don't want to. You use the wife and child and job as an excuse for why you cant. You don't see the massive irony of what you are doing. You're like someone who says he wants to get in shape but says he's too fat to do it. Shit or get off the pot. Go do some doing or never speak of it again. Or come here and sigh loudly like you do every other month like fucking clockwork.
>>
One of you is about to wake up and needs to be extremely diligent. No more alcohol or substances if you used them in your practice, no more anger,condescension, negative whatever. Love under Will.

You must also be careful with the expenditure of your vital energy, during the night, you have forgotten, and do not measure it in your practice. The twilight is not a pleasant place.

For my breaking this holy silence, I offer up the madness this will cause, in the unintended recipients, to the gods.
>>
>>17446235
>Archetypes are association, yes everyone forms them. That is how the human brain works, not everyone has the same ones, though some associations are cultural.

You're confusing archetypes with stereotypes.

>When I say apple you think of sweet tart red fruit, when I say politician an archetype pops into your head that encompasses what you think a stereotypical politician is.

Except that's not an archetype. That's a stereotype.

>Regardie and banishment
>Regardie was a practicing psychologist, and what he recommends in his books is what he saw work in his practice. We may have found better methods since then, but does not mean the methods are complete bullshit.

You've yet to show that his methods are in any way better than what we have today.

>root cause of the problem
>most of the time by the time people are seeking treatment the root cause has been dealt with and the "problem" is either just habit or addiction that is ready to be shaken off.

Incorrect. Most of the time it's because it's become such a burden in their lives that they've grown sick of it. It's really rare to have a patient who will actually drop his problems like they're hot. It happens, don't get me wrong, but that's the vast minority, 1/20 clients I have tops.

>psyc model of magic is that the practices work, but it all takes place in your head.

Correct. And I'm not arguing with that. I am arguing about the efficacy, which you might have somehow missed.

>Saying all magic practice is bullshit isn't psyc model of magic, it's not a model of magic at all.

Absolutely.

>If it was simply your intention to tell people not to practice magic, well it's not exactly a new thing in these threads, but at least you're effort posting it.

Except I didn't say that, and I had no such intention. You seem paranoid on that point, are you sure everything is alright?
>>
>>17447760
>Incorrect. Most of the time it's because it's become such a burden in their lives that they've grown sick of it. It's really rare to have a patient who will actually drop his problems like they're hot. It happens, don't get me wrong, but that's the vast minority, 1/20 clients I have tops.

1/20 seems like a generous estimate.

>>17447760
> are you sure everything is alright?

You know it isn't. Look at the poor guy, he has got the wizard madness.
>>
>>17447760
>archetypes with stereotypes
both work on the same principle

>We may have found better methods since then
>how that his methods are in any way better than what we have today
i wut. I said we've found better methods, you want me to show how the methods I said are better; how they are in fact not better?

> they've grown sick of it
you mean they are ready to be rid of it because they are no longer using it as a coping method. If they weren't ready to be rid of it they wouldn't be talking to you about it in the first place. If they were still using it, it wouldn't be a burden, it would be a crutch

>the efficacy
You are questioning the efficacy of all magical practices in favor of hypnotism. In fact it comes across like you're saying a person should practice hypnotism and not magic. What I'm attempting to communicate here is that hypnotism may be fine for tricking yourself if you're wanting, but it lacks in the enjoy-ability department, it's not as amusing or satisfying.

>>17447792
>>17447758
Both these men are asses let them be set to grind corn
>>
>>17447805
>both work on the same principle

That's not what Jung said.

>We may have found better methods since then
>how that his methods are in any way better than what we have today
i wut. I said we've found better methods, you want me to show how the methods I said are better; how they are in fact not better?

From the very beginning of this conversation I was asking specifically about the benefits of using occult or magical methods as compared to our modern, scientific wisdom.

> they've grown sick of it
>you mean they are ready to be rid of it because they are no longer using it as a coping method. If they weren't ready to be rid of it they wouldn't be talking to you about it in the first place. If they were still using it, it wouldn't be a burden, it would be a crutch

No. Readiness has nothing to do with whether you want a behavior or not. In fact, most of my clients are far, far from ready to change, however they still want that to happen. Which is where the 1/20 number comes from.

>the efficacy
>You are questioning the efficacy of all magical practices in favor of hypnotism.

In favor of modern knowledge, more like, but sure, if you want to cherrypick something you can argue against, that works fine.

>In fact it comes across like you're saying a person should practice hypnotism and not magic.

I'm not saying anything. I asked a question, and the answer I got was more than insufficient.

>What I'm attempting to communicate here is that hypnotism may be fine for tricking yourself if you're wanting,

>tricking yourself
If you think actual change is just tricking yourself, I've got bad news for you, pal.

>but it lacks in the enjoy-ability department, it's not as amusing or satisfying.

Enjoy-ability isn't a factor when it comes to real life, man. I want results, not fluffy stories.
>>
What's a good book/guide to begin the Noble Eightfold Path?

I was also wondering if there are alternative paths to enlightenment in Buddhist teachings?
>>
>>17447805
>Both these men are asses let them be set to grind corn

Both of these men are one, they share an ass between them, beasts of burden they have one. The struggle for their sacred gem, because it weighs a ton, teaches students about mayhem, before it brings the fun.

Before their brothers work is done,they do not condemn. Before their brothers reach the sun, there is no flower - only stem. Behind the veil you should not run, to see the sacred femme, brings blindness through her stun.

Abandoned brothers they leave none. Beast of burden they are one.
>>
>>17447986
I am a traditionalist and after quizzing you about your hypnotism, I can safely say that the old and the new are pretty much the same. It was theoretically sound and sufficiently developed as far the great work is concerned.
>>
>>17448054
>I can safely say that the old and the new are pretty much the same.
Well, no. I can agree that they're similar, however they're far from being the same, especially when it comes to efficiency and being scientifically sound and coherent, as demonstrated in this thread.
>>
>>17448063
You're working with just as much myth as me. Mine simply age better.

The structures are the same, I could diagnose you from an alchemical standpoint just by the way you described the function.
>>
File: 1457458591131.jpg (94 KB, 480x519) Image search: [Google]
1457458591131.jpg
94 KB, 480x519
Bump.
>>
>>17448070
>memory
>myth
One is a neurological fact. One is an abstraction.
There is a difference.
>>
>>17448154
Quite; myth is a meta-memory at the communal level.
>>
>>17448165
I wouldn't call it meta-memory, more like a meme.
>>
>>17448154
You keep saying neurology like it isn't all still basted mostly in conjecture. It seems like it is merely the convincing sounding bullshit that powers belief in all magical practice, especially considering that you are a hypnotist and not a neurologist or clinical psychologist.
>>
The real question is what part of my science involves bad poetry.
>>
>>17448203
It isn't based in conjecture at all. Clearly you're smart enough to actually study a topic before speaking on it, right?

Also, clinical hypnotist. I do a psychologist's job better, faster, and in a far more reliable way.

The only thing I'm not legally allowed to do is diagnose, prescribe medication, or give medical advice. None of which interest me in the slightest, given the results I get without these crutches.
>>
My thing isnt based in conjecture at all either!

I do a Thelamites' job better faster and in a far more reliable way.

The only thing I am legally allowed to do is teach theory, whisper stuff about alchemy , and subtly tinker with people without them being fully aware.
>>
>>17448208
It's just all the researchers I've spoken to are still in a state of not knowing exactly what goes on and all the work is still in phenomenology and philosophy of mind. Neuroscience is backing up these concejectures, but unity between mind and brain is still a long way off, as mind is not quantative.

You're a healer, as am I 3 days a week plus retreats. The why of it working is pointless as long as you are good at what you do. I don't find any of it particularly useful as I get nearly the same results regardless because I'm the one doing it. The only time one thing is more effective is when it matches the client's preconceptions and leads them more easily to belief, the color of the bullshit being otherwise irrelevant.

I didn't mean to come off as an ass, just to voice what I have seen. Not to discount it all, just to keep weight off a field that is still flimsy and not entirely suited for the actual task.
>>
>>17448230
>unity between mind and brain is still a long way off
You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

>The why of it working is pointless as long as you are good at what you do.

Wrong. The why of it is the key to going from an 80% success rate to 95%+.

And that's a MAJOR difference.

>I don't find any of it particularly useful as I get nearly the same results regardless because I'm the one doing it.

Then you're quite shitty at what you do, like it or not.

>The only time one thing is more effective is when it matches the client's preconceptions and leads them more easily to belief, the color of the bullshit being otherwise irrelevant.

See, that's why I am absolutely disgusted with your approach. You're straight up admitting that you're lying to people.

>keep weight off a field that is still flimsy and not entirely suited for the actual task.

What are you, living in the 19th century? We have ALL the tools and knowledge we need to enact any positive change that is desired.

Your ignorance doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
Could somebody tell me about Set(h), and where I could find some writings that incorporate him.
>>
>>17448253
Seth: God of Confusion.

Is in the library, I believe.
>>
>>17448259
>>17448253
Should be in the LHP folder and/or the Temple of Set subdivision therein.
>>
Any tips to avoid a possession?

Any tips to avoid a godform you just invoked to seize your mind/overcome you?

I'm not sure that they're both the same case, but anyways
>>
>>17448300
Yeah, don't let them.

>>>IF YOU CANNOT CONTROL THE FORCES YOU'RE WORKING WITH, DO NOT WORK WITH THEM
>>
>>17448305
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN CONTROL THEM BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY TEST IT, MAN?????
>>
>>17448312
Does your heart tremble with anticipation, expectancy, fear, or apprehension? Or is your heart calm like the center of a still lake?

Inside control goes a long way to outside control, and some entities can smell the stink of fear on you.

Also, yoga.
>>
>>17448300
Just remember, sever and bind. I wouldn't practice saying it, in your head or aloud,but make sure if you have to do it, you do both clearly and authoritatively. Also, they are names not verbs. It is a primitive method that is going to cost you chunks of yourself, but better than nothing.
>>
>>17448352
Care to elaborate on your meaning here?
>>
>>17448352
Everything is a verb, except in Japanese where it is an adjective, which are secretly verbs.
>>
>>17448359
Sever and Bind are the pseudo-secret names of Set and Osiris. Think of yourself as a string, and think of possession like an outside string that ties itself to you, forming a knot. Set will cut around the knot, taking some of your string with it, Osiris will bind it back to the realm of the dead from whence it came.

It is really bad emergency advice, considering that the Egyptians try to avoid using the name of Set when possible. Nothing promises Set is going to show up, and if he doesn't, then you have nothing to balance out Osiris. Even if Set does show up, nothing stops him from cutting off more than he should.
>>
>>17448377
Y'see that's more sensible than what you first posted, you didn't even have to use twilight language.
>>
>>17448383
Not so fast there buddy. Think about what I am actually telling people to do. I figure, hey, if the guy wants to mess with forces he doesnt understand, might as well play with the big boys.
>>
any1 though of masturbating to saintly figures?
>>
>>17448377
You make no sense buddy.
>>
File: Bussiere Joan of Arc.jpg (78 KB, 439x600) Image search: [Google]
Bussiere Joan of Arc.jpg
78 KB, 439x600
>>17448401
If you have to do it do it right.
>>
>>17448436
Why not?
>>
>>17448456
Relating a metaphor to another metaphor doesn't clarify or provide any insight into the machinations of oneself.

Much, much easier to go with pranayama, which does actually have a very specific and clear goal as a practice.
>>
>>17448468
Would it make more sense if I told you it was intentionally bad advice? I do not think calling forth an openly malicious god and a god of judgement, who have a hostile relationship, is a good solution for possession.
>>
>>17448486
No, it still makes absolutely zero sense.
>>
>>17439248
>from the Sinistral Eye of the Sorcerer let the Serpent's guile flow forth!

Pinneal gland references all over.
>>
>>17439488
Pop magic.
>>
Some questions for anybody able to answer them:

1. Can one Invoke a deity on somebody's else's mind?

2. Can one invoke goku (DBZ) instead of a traditional god, for example?

3. Is this somekind of autohypnosis?
>>
>>17448693
>1. Can one Invoke a deity on somebody's else's mind?

Yes.

>2. Can one invoke goku (DBZ) instead of a traditional god, for example?

Yes.

>3. Is this somekind of autohypnosis?

Unquestionably, yes.
>>
>>17448693
>>17448696
for example, Surgo Ad can be invoked by just uttering the words "muh hypnosis"
>>
>>17448703
>missing the occult part of the name
kekkenmeister
>>
>>17448696

first of all. thank you for your answers!

>1. Can one Invoke a deity on somebody's else's mind?

>Yes.

I take that to do this, you should first paint the image of the deity on the target's mind, be it suggestively or activelly. Or you should choose one that the target is familiar with.

Do you personally believe that entities are produced by the dark depths of our mind, or does the ritual connect our minds with outside entities?

I guess its a common question on this threads, but I'd like to know which are your opinions and why.
>>
A good practice to acquire god like power to concentrate?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.