[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been curious for some time now why there are so many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: lao-tzu.jpg (62 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
lao-tzu.jpg
62 KB, 600x450
I've been curious for some time now why there are so many parallels between early Christianity and other Eastern religions forming around the same time, across the Earth. Lao Tzu for instance, taught about "The Way", this is what Jesus called himself as well as being the name for his early followers. I've even read that some consider Jesus to be an avatar of Vishnu or Buddha.

Does anyone have anything to contribute to this? There's a book I've seen a couple of times about similar sayings between different prophets, I may pick that up and see how much deeper this gets.
>>
>>17249186
What book?
>>
There are no parallels. If anyone convinces you otherwise, then they are brainwashed by New Age nonsense.
>>
Christianity didn't come into being until the time of the Inquisitions, The Jews had control during the Dark Ages, so they stole Aryan philosophy which made its way east and made it into a bastardized form.
>>
>Speak of the beauty of the natural, uncut block.
>Followers go on to carve natural rock into your likeness.

I believe that's ironing.
>>
>>17249186
You are unto something.
God the Father: Ra, Odin, Zeus, Vishnu, Santa Clause (real being, not saint Nickolas)
Jesus the Son: was Thor, Hercules, etc
Holy Spirit: flask of knowledge (Norse), wine from the Greeks, mentioned all over in Hinduism

Reincarnation exists for God, the Father. At the end of Ragnarok two humans lived, Adam and Eve, where Christianity started. God doesn't start religions, He comes at he beginning of each new age then dies (reincarnates in different part of the universe) and now has returned to the Revelations.
>>
>>17249186
>Confucianism
>Christianity
>Around the same time
>>
The Masks of God-Joseph Campbell
>>
Jesus was most likely taught these things by older people like John the Baptist and other people who were preachers and Mystics.

He leaves for a while comes back telling his people of the new way of thinking he has found, God has shown him and told him to tell others they don't have to be slaves any more. Because he sees the freedom of the enlightened people of the east or at least has some knowledge of how they live, and wants to bring the spiritual freedom to his people who are waiting for a prophet who will never come, but he says all you have to do is ask for forgiveness and God will provide.
>>
>>17249186
r/christian
theres no way this thread is paranormal

ur sliding alien sighting threads and planet X proof
>>
>>17249625
>Lao Tsu
>Confuscianism

"The Tao" is translated as "the way." Jesus being "the way" is not in the same context. The Tao Te Ching is a quick read, non-dogmatic and rather peaceful.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 720x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 720x564
>>17249410
>does a shitty religious relativity shpeel
>compares Jesus to Thor instead of Baldur
>>
>>17249322
Bullshit. Christfag fundamentalism. You're as bad as the Taliban, you cunt. Fuck off, take your filth somewhere else.
>>
>>17249715
This. I came into this thread to mention these. Everyone should read these. I mean, everyone. If you have the slightest interest in occultism, esoterics, religion or spirituality then these books explain the foundation and history of why humans have the spiritual and religious beliefs and practices that we do, and why there are so many parallels both across time, and all over the world.
>>
>>17249186
People say Jesus was into buddhism because he was peaceful, but all religions start out peacefully. It's when money and power gets involved that they become violent.

Christianity has more to do with pagan religions than eastern. Eastern religions are more like philosophies rather than any form of idol worship.
>>
>>17249186
that dude looks comfy as fuck.

where can i get one of those boss ass robes?
>>
>>17249410
So because all those religions have a type of "leader" those leaders might be the same?
Ra is the sun, and in a constant battle with the night
Odin is a general of armies, as well as somewhat of a judge when the gods can't decide
Zeus is a fornicator but also the incarnation of law
Vishnu is the one holding the world together, and will one day destroy it

Only way those are similar as i can see is that Zeus, Odin and God is related to "Justice" though Odin and Zeus is probably that way because of the common belief that the old ones know best how to rule

Jesus is a peacekeeper who spoke of salvation to give slaves hope
Thor is a dumb brute with a force that can shatter nearly anything
Hercules (Herakles) is a madman who regret his violent ways

And the fact that Herakles was son of a god means little, as he's just one of very many greek men that came from gods, not to forget monsters like Centaurs
>>
>>17249186
>There are no parallels.
Horus was born December 25th from a Virgin.

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>17249410
God the father is shiva senpai, not vishnu.shiva is the formless nothing, andthus without him nothing cannot exist as it wouldnt have space to exist in.
>>
File: Maitreya.jpg (2 MB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
Maitreya.jpg
2 MB, 800x1100
>>17249186
There are different ways but towards one truth.
For an anecdote concerning the correlation between Christianity and Buddhism, Jesus is in fact the emanation of Maitreya. When he said the Father will come, he talked about Buddha Maitreya. It is said in Buddhism that Bodhisattvas are the sons of Buddha.
>>
>>17251150
God the Father isn't Shiva.

>>17249410
Ra is a sun god, not the Father.
>>
All religion has the same roots. Wether or not the prophets portrayed them like they were supposed to or not is arguable.
>>
>>17251294
>>17251150
>>17251085
>>17250340
Plebs. Focusing on mistranslations over the Father Himself. He would know better His own past then you guys. Connect the dots and you will see yourselves. Believe and you will learn. Ask and you shall receive.
>>
>>17249186
Well, if you have an understanding of the Jewish way of things, i.e. the real meaning of Israel, editing of the Bible to suit the blood covenant God of Abraham, editing of history to suit more control over currency and thus the civilization of the world in a greater sense, there is more than meets the eye.

ISis
RA
ELohim

Forgive me if I really jumped topics here. To capitalize on your OP topic, it has been mentioned that Jesus and Krishna could be seen as one in the same, albeit two different figures, the same style of teaching. Buddha focuses more on the aspect of preservation from expectation, for it leads us to more disappointment when limiting our experience of separation from the observable universe (which is an illusion, for the universe inside of us is what we should strongly consider understanding). I recommend looking into Bill Donahue's segment on the "Power Of El".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqZI6Hg9gag
>>
>>17253529
Ah, I left that as a run-on sentence. Been quite bad at that lately on here.

>for it leads us to more disappointment when limiting our experience of separation from the observable universe
to expectation. With expectation comes the setting up of something to happen, prior to it unfolding in the time sequence of life. Where we try to tap into the future and what could occur, we also potentially change the outcome, thus the now that unfolds before us becomes manifested differently.

Not trying to be some new-age hippie about this discussion, either. This goes along with a lot of my common observations.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.