[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Norse Paganism (Asatru) for begginers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Odin_der_Göttervater.jpg (460 KB, 759x890) Image search: [Google]
Odin_der_Göttervater.jpg
460 KB, 759x890
I'm new in Asatru and want to learn more about the gods,how to worship them,rituals and stuff.The internet is full people who just spit shit and don't know anything about this stuff.Also General Asatru thread
>>
>>17238469
iktf OP I'm looking to get into celtic paganism/polytheism but every result I get is middle aged hippy woman spouting love tolerance SJW hippy shit with every symbol representing the same strength, wisdom, knowledge, safety etc
>>
>>17238482
That's why you should just post here.Other places are fucking hopeless
>>
Tru since 2006 here. It's difficult to separate all of the fluffy wiccatru horseshit out from the actual meat and potatoes that make up real heathenry. Luckily I'm in a kindred that is full of people who live in the real world, and had a lot of teachers to help me separate the real from the shit. They don't call it "the religion of homework" for no reason.
>>
>>17238496
tried that in a previous thread but got nowhere
>>
>>17238513
>Tru since 2006 here. It's difficult to separate all of the fluffy wiccatru horseshit out from the actual meat and potatoes that make up real heathenry.

true when it was halloween there was an article by a newspaper posted on my newfeed and some guy was tsaying its not pagan thats just a term the true religion and culture is wicca but iirc the wicca movement came about in either the 1850's or 1950's
>>
>>17238525
Correct. Wicca is a fabricated organized religion.

Imagine taking food from a bunch of different cultures. Japanese, German, Italian, Mexican, Thai, etc. Now throw all of that in a blender and mix it together. Probably wouldn't taste great, right?

That's wicca.
>>
>>17238513
Can you please share your knowledge with us?
>>
Cont. from >>17238513

The main problem we run to in terms of figuring out rituals and such is that there is so little written evidence of any of it. What we do have is only gained from outside cultures like the Arabs and the people living in the British isles at the time, or from post-Christian sources that are usually Icelandic and therefore removed from the core of the mainland worshipers of the earlier times. What we know is that there were multiple different stories and hierarchies that worshipers held the gods in. People in one region of Sweden would hold Frey in a much higher regard than Odin, for instance. Different cults arose, much like in Egypt or other places, with some kind of very loosely organized priesthood. Remember, the Norse weren't a solid organized society until well after the Viking era, and their religious practices reflected this.
>>
>>17238541
What would you like to know?
>>
Nobody's giving any specific questions, so I'll just go on a rant about blot (pronounced "bloat") for a minute, then.

Blot = Blood offering. In the old days, that meant sacrificing a goat, sheep, bull, something of worth to the gods, usually something that meant something to you as well. It was a sign of kinship, rather than supplication. The gods were seen more as ancestors or friends, rather than beings that you'd serve. Offering them something useful meant that you gave a shit about them in some way, and that you hoped that the feeling was mutual. In most modern kindreds, the rite of blot is still carried out, though few still do blood rites. Mine, for instance does ours with beer, as it's something our ancestors would have had and likely been able to offer to the gods in the same rite a thousand years ago. There's no real set ritual, as even different kindreds will have different blot rites, but the gist of it is to basically call upon whichever gods/goddesses you feel like making your presence known to (which can vary depending on the season/your needs), letting them know you exist, and offering them something in the hopes that they give enough of a shit about you to take the reigns on things a little. Think of it as asking a friend for a favor.
>>
>>17238540
Yeah I've never looked into it but I believe they're the "Everyones accepted love the earth only good magic please"
>>
>>17238596
Yep. That's Wicca. They don't like heathens because they say we're too violent and closeminded. Which is dumb, because, despite what so many neckbeards that got into heathenry through metal think, we're not a warrior religion. We have gods of war, yes, but so did every other polytheistic pantheon.
>>
File: celticmythbook.jpg (21 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
celticmythbook.jpg
21 KB, 245x300
>>17238482

http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Dawn-Celtic-Time-Life-Books/dp/0705421716

Your best bet is to revive a druid since all the knowledge died with them.
>>
>>17238644
Druid/Celtic =/= Norse.
>>
>>17238615
and then theres stuff like the european tribes not tolerating weakness and homosexuality which the wicca hippies dont like. They're all about peace and love man
>>
>>17238644
yeah the christians weren't a big fan of pagan traditions/beliefs that clashed with judeo christian beliefs and cultures so they wiped them out or hijacked them. But thanks.

I was thinking of following odinism as it apparently spread to england and scotland but then I dont wanna be one of those people claiming they're something they're not. I'd rather reclaim the old ways which are native to my country
>>
>>17238664
From a historical standpoint, Odinism is dumb. He wasn't the chief god of the pantheon up until the end of the Viking era. Before him, it was Tyr.
>>
>>17238469
vikings is a bredy gud show isn't it
>>
>>17238658
Wicca is a bit more complicated than that. Most are confused girls, often autistic or with a history of sexual abuse, who don't know shit about what they say they are. It shouldn't be as masturbatory as it is. Most is just golden dawn philosophy without any of the critical thinking or legwork.

There should be an element of broader education and self-improvement, but like all things that are good and right, it was hijacked by feminist dykes and perverted. The masculine is disdained and all the power taken from it. It has become those decks of feminist faerie elf witch tarot cards with all the value removed, unified thought made impossible by individualism, a place where religion is a salad bar and one is driven entirely by feels.

Really, all it was intended to be was a template for pagan ritual through the lens of 30s hermeticism. Properly, weakness is a bane, but what is considered weakness is moved from the realm of the arbitrary. Homosexuality is not given a value judgement outside of a magical perspective, where it is almost always a hindrance.

There are many covens and grottoes more in line with asatru, you just don't hear about them because they are filled with men who can keep secrets and fuck scores of bitches into doing so as well. What you see publicly is like much of the feminine, a fashion statement for boring girls to seem more interesting. Also one of the largest containers of autism the western world has to offer. It's like furaffinity for girls.
>>
Worth mentioning that Asatru (in the last 3 years or so) has become more representative of the Icelandic version of Heathenry and Heathenry has come to take the place of the umbrella term. There is no pan European pre-Christian religion. It varies heavily by region. And there's nothing wrong with that. Wotan in Europe never was associates with Ravens for instance, Tyr was the pantheon head for Norway/Sweden before nation states emerged and Odin took over as an extension of their needs. I'm just saying this so you don't fall into the trap of trying to codify Asatru and becoming an Asa-Pope.
>>
>>17242813
Wotan in England, not Europe, sorry
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.