[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /x/ given that no paranormal activity has been recorded...EVER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: spooky.jpg (57 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
57 KB, 500x700
So /x/ given that no paranormal activity has been recorded...EVER when are you going to grow up and stop believing "ghost" video's on youtube and facebook?
>>
OP stop your Trollplaying.
>>
>>17155781
Ive seen them with a witness and we watched them for hours. Decade later read a Voodoo book that described what I saw as disembodied shamans.
>>
>>17155781
I'll stop believing, OP, when you learn to use apostrophes correctly
>>
That's definitely not correct.

The issue is that paranormal and normal can't be expected to behave the same way, if it truly is paranormal. The scientific method then, pretty much discredits all paranormal findings.

Now I will admit that there are a great deal of hoaxes and dubious material out there, but there is some really strange and difficult to explain stuff too. Science disregards that because science is objective, see?

So the way I see it, "paranormal" falls into three categories.

>Stuff that is faked

>Stuff that is misunderstood (currently unexplained phenomena)

>Stuff that is truly paranormal (inexplicable phenomena)

Obviously hoaxes are the most common, things that science are currently unable to explain are less common, and true paranormal activity is incredibly rare.

Remember, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. What you're making is called an argument from ignorance, it is a very old logical fallacy.
>>
>>17155781
>argument from incredulity
>>
File: english muffin.gif (1 MB, 369x334) Image search: [Google]
english muffin.gif
1 MB, 369x334
>>17155781

> trying to record activity in the fifth dimension with your third dimensional equipment
>>
>>17155781
Nah man. Heaps of evidence. Have you never seen ghost hunters on the history channel?
It's on the history channel so they must be real.
Sarcasm implied
>>
>>17157942
sure buddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veZAv2kzViI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsyBtm5g52M
>>
>>17155781
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_investigations_of_UFOs_by_governments
>>
Once verified, recorded paranormal activity is by definition no longer paranormal.
>>
>>17159643
It seems to me it has to be explained. UFOs have been verified again and again but never explained, hence still paranormal.
>>
>>17155781
I don't believe in "ghost" but I do believe in spirits. My entire family and I have experienced paranormal activity, and there's no doubt in my mind that it's not real.

A lot of people have experienced the same thing and will tell you what I told you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.