[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Odd messages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Anyone here know about deep space? Like the furthest reaches? A friend of mine got a really weird message on his voicemail and played it back for me earlier today.

Apparently it's some kind of radio recording or transmission of an astronaut very deep in space, further out than any human has ever been. It wasn't all clear but it seemed to be little snippets of a log or audio diary or something.

100% sure the friend is fucking with me but someone is probably fucking with him. Is there any evidence that the further into deep space you go, the more the laws of physics or reality change? Or at least, differ from ours here?
>>
*100% sure the friend ISN'T fucking with me.
>>
Bumping for potential interest, Where'd you listen to this voicemail?
>>
Too much exposition based just on a voicemail. Your story makes no sense as it is.
>>
It's Major Tom!
>>
Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much she knows
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
>>
>>17146106
I was at his house this afternoon and he said he heard something pretty fucked up earlier that day. He pulled out his phone and played it back.

I was prepared for him to be fucking with me so I made sure to pay close attention that it said "one heard message" cause the guy isn't one to prank but loves scary shit.

I was expecting just breathing or something but it was a few seconds of static screeching and then this voice starts and it sounds like AM radio.

it was one really long recording, must've been 5 or 6 minutes. It sounded like multiple recordings cut together that spanned weeks/months.

I honestly feel like I'm buying into this because I want to believe it, it's right up my alley of what I'm interested in, but my friend seemed pretty uncomfortable listening to it, not avidly interested like me.

The dude started off talking about being the "fastest one yet" and laughed about it being definitely a suicide mission.

There's nothing alien related, so is it still ok for me to post the details?
>>
>>17146128
His circuits dead, there's something wrong!!
>>
>>17146134
First thing that popped into my head actually.
>>
>>17146128
+1 internets to you
>>
>>17146137
Still confused on how you listened to it or how he received it? Someone left this voicemail on his phone or? And continue please
>>
>>17146165
He played the vm on his phone on speakerphone, we listened together pretty closely and it spooked us both out pretty good.

Someone must've dialed his number and this was maybe played into the phone as the message, or it's some system fuckup.

We should probably press 4 or whatever and see the info of the number that left it. I'll see if I can text him and get him to try.
>>
>>17146128
Top kek
>>
OP here again, I'm just going to dump what I remember, I may not be remembering everything right now but it's a way to pass the time until my friend texts back:

It didn't seem to be in chronological order, and sometimes it sounded really official like a report and other times like a really casual personal diary:

>"Fastest one yet" <laughs>
>"It's a suicide mission" <laughs>
>"Nothing I'd recognize like the back of my hand"
>"Pretty interested myself"
>"When they shot me off there'd been nothing like it"
>"Some parts of me I don't even recognize any more" - this one seemed really depressed sounding
>"setting the record every minute"
>"everything out here is just the memories I see now"
>A really broken up "just the oxygen or just what it is" I don't know if the guy thought he was hallucinating
>>
>>17146137
>The dude started off talking about being the "fastest one yet" and laughed about it being definitely a suicide mission.
>"fastest one yet"

maybe it was 12 parsecs long?

joking aside, you should upload the audio
>>
>>17146137
>>17146177
Why do you think it was from space? Probably just some Mexican smugglers butt dialing your friend OP.
>>
>>17146204
There was a lot of static and cutting in and out. I thought I heard yelling a few times, painful, but not like screaming, but that's the sort of thing you can trick yourself into hearing in static anyway.
>>
>>17146208
see if he texts back, he ignores his phone sometimes.
>>
>>17146213
I feel pretty strongly it was something space-related, I'll have to get that audio and see if there's something I'm missing that said it for sure.

There was something about a can, I think he said "in this can" but again, I might be just projecting from my own reading about those "lost cosmonaut" stories.
>>
>>17146236
What lost cosmonaut stories would that be OP?
Serious interest here.
>>
>>17146255
You can check it out here, not sure off the top which ones took me the most, but the whole thing creeps the fuck out of me in a sickly interesting way. Never shared it with my friend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cosmonauts
>>
>>17146236
Fair enough, you seem like a reasonable person OP. Maybe it was some space movie playing in the background. I'll google the dialogue and see if that yields any results.
>>
Just got a text back, he says "those messages" but I only heard the one. I listened very closely and while the voicemail is multiple messages he seems to be saying it's multiple VMs now, waiting for clarification.

He said he played them for his dad and he said that it must be one of his friends, that the voice sounded pretty familiar to him. The voice is definitely that of a middle aged dude and we have no fucking middle aged friends.
>>
>>17146274
Scratch that I'm on my phone and this is more difficult than it should be somebody else needs to get on this :/
>>
>>17146274
Good idea, pretty ashamed I didn't think of that honestly, it'll show you how taken I was with the thing.

The more I think about the story and "can" dialogue it really sounds like the whole "Major Tom" thing other anons mentioned. I mean, it must be a reference or something from a movie?
>>
>>17146266
Thanks OP.
USSR did way too many off-the-books dealings back in the day, there probably is a lot of strange shit out there, probably from the American side too.
>>
>>17146204
>>17146274
>>17146292

Googling isn't bringing up anything, this one is really fucking sticking with me though:

>everything out here is just the memories I see now

It's really like a mind splinter, like, it sounded really somber, tired and existential, it's really bothering me and I keep imagining being lost hopelessly deep in space.

The problem obviously is how fast would this thing have to go for oxygen and food not to be a problem?

Friend is fucking insisting multiple VMs even though it said "one heard message" earlier today. This is pissing me off.
>>
>>17146322
don't let your emotions get in the way of this
get a hold of those VMs and upload them asap OP
>>
>>17146338
What's the easiest way to take a VM and dump it to mp3 or something? I've got my own hosting so if I can get it that far it won't be a problem to upload. I'm actually getting pretty anxious to listen to it again myself.

Fuck it I'll google it, you guys aren't here for tech support.
>>
any clarification from your buddy? whats going on with the multiple voicemails ?
>>
>>17146322
>The problem obviously is how fast would this thing have to go for oxygen and food not to be a problem?

Unless you are travelling near the speed of light there is no relation between speed and basic biologic needs. If, however, you were travelling close to lightspeed time would begin to slow down for you, which theoretically could reduce the need for food, water, and oxygen, even though to you it would still feel like 3 days before you dehydrate and die.
>>
>>17146364
I just sent him a guide on how to get an mp3 attachment sent to you from a VM for a few popular voicemail-types/services. He's working on that.

His exact words were "dude, there were 3 messages we listened to" and I've been giving him a bit of a hard time about it cause I'm starting to feel like he's fucking with me this whole time.

He said he didn't hear my texts when I sent them and apparently his phone's speaker has been fucked since from the am static/screeching stuff.
>>
>>17146368
Yeah, I'm just wondering if let's say your NASA, and you're going to fire someone off at immense speed with very little food or oxygen with no hope of return, what kind of retarded speed would be needed to have that person see anything meaningful/new before they died.
>>
>>17146322
Well that's one theory down lol

That is quite a poignant statement. Perhaps it's communications from a team of deep sea explorers, rather than deep space? I'll keep a note of today's date in case I see something in the near future about a team of deep sea divers or something.
>>
>>17146280

got lost in the >he said
did the dad say that the voice sounded familiar to him or did your friend say that?
>>
Alright he got an mp3 attachment and the length is 5:44 so it sounds about right (at least of the one I heard) but it's just silent so he messed something up.

I was pushing him and called him retarded a few times so he told me he'll fuck with it later and stopped responding.

When I get something more I'll post on here, sorry to let everyone down.
>>
>>17146403
Well for obvious reasons the effect of lightspeed travel on humans, or any creature, are unknown. Besides, I don't think NASA would intentionally send astronauts to their death, I highly doubt it was a literal "suicide mission". There have been incidences of cosmonauts being accidentally shot out into space with no hope of return, so it's entirely possible something similar could have happened to NASA. Only problem with this is due to the retirement of the space shuttles we have been relying on Russian ships to go out into space. Then again if we are talking about travel at or near lightspeed we could be getting into top secret developemental shit, piloting alien spacecraft, etc. But, I would like to explore other, more reasonable explanations before having to resort to conspiracy theories.
>>
>>17146437
The dad said that the voice sounded familiar, and seemed to be implying it was one of my friend's friends or buddies fucking with us, but there's no way that's possible unless he has some middle-aged friend I don't know about.

The dude's name is Paul, just to clarify, Paul's dad said it's familiar but as far as I know Paul has no middle-aged friends, which the voice definitely sounds like.
>>
>>17146441
That's interesting, you seem to know a fair deal about this.

Haven't we had probes and stuff sent out decades ago at really high speeds? the ones that take pictures of pluto, etc and send them back? Surely to "set records" we'd have to overlap them.

Perhaps it is deep sea like the other anon suggested.
>>
one would think that /x/ would back these kinds of threads
don't get discouraged, keep us posted OP
>>
OP still around?
>>
File: paul-cp.jpg (90 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
paul-cp.jpg
90 KB, 400x225
>>17146450
>The dude's name is Paul, just to clarify,
>Paul
>>
>>17146076
Perhaps.

www.newscientist com/article/dn19429-laws-of-physics-may-change-across-the-universe/

>Another author on the paper, Michael Murphy of Swinburne University in Australia, understands the caution. But he says the evidence for changing constants is piling up. “We just report what we find, and no one has been able to explain away these results in a decade of trying,” Murphy told New Scientist. “The fundamental constants being constant is an assumption. We’re here to test physics, not to assume it.”
>>
>>17146694
Just woke up, checking back in now.

We might never get that recording off properly or Paul might not respond to me today so I wouldn't wait around to be honest.
>>
>>17148588
just deliver for the "perhaps"
don't faggot out now, you can do it
>>
File: DEEP SPACE.jpg (100 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DEEP SPACE.jpg
100 KB, 1600x900
>>
>>17149435

What is this and why did you post it?
>>
I have an autistic idea guise but hear me out

What if space is like the ocean here on earth...the deeper you go in depth in the ocean the more pressure and darker it gets. What of space is the same ? The farther out you go the more "pressure" you have on you ? The time line, physics, gravity are all warped similarly on your body in the same way if you were to dive deeper and deeper into the ocean...til the pressure eventually kills you.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 735x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 735x570
>>17149839
>>
>>17149839
this makes literally no sense. if space is truly infinite, then how would one be able to classify one part of space as "deeper" than another part. i mean if it's infinite, then wouldn't every single spot be the deepest point, and every single spot be the shallowest point, as well? it contradicts what we've established about the vastness of space
>>
>>17149873
Depth can be fixed or relative to points, although depth may not be the right word
>>
>>17149839
You realize the reason the deeper in the ocean you go the higher the pressure is because of gravity right? The pressure of gravity pulling down on the water is what creates the pressure.That fact alone makes your whole idea retarded.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.