[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voices in Sleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: zeitoun8.jpg (8 KB, 376x282) Image search: [Google]
zeitoun8.jpg
8 KB, 376x282
Does anyone else start to hear voices when they start to fall asleep?

When my body begins to relax and my eyes shut, I usually hear either music or kids laughing. At first I thought it was just my neighbors, but it happens almost every time. And I don't have a specific time that I go to sleep either, so it can't be a coincidence.
>>
Yeah, I have stuff like that happen to me, too. Sometimes when I'm on the edge of falling asleep, I hear an ear shattering scream and I have to start all over again.
>>
When I was having withdrawals from an anti-depressant I would hear things like that. It sounded like I was in a lobby full of people whispering
>>
>>17101366
I used to hear what sounded like a bunch of people all talking low/whispering at the same time. Always when I was trying to fall asleep and it was semi quiet in the room. Every once in a while I could make out a word or phrase or just a series of words
>>
>>17101366
This phenomena is called: falling asleep
>>
>>17101408
maybe for some, but certainly not all. i don't hear voices as i'm falling asleep. only once i'm dreaming and that's from specific dream characters, not random voice sounds.
>>
>>17101366
i dont hear voices, but sometimes i hear something like gunshots or some other sort of rediculously loud, sharp noise that snaps me away from falling asleep
>>
>>17101366
Sleep paralysis related audio hallucinations.
Be glad it's not "hearing your name so loud, as if the universe spoke it". Happend to me a couple of times when I was younger and it would freak me out into full awake mode. Like it was loud enough to make my heart jump out of my chest.

No build up or warning. Just a sudden "ANON.".
>>
Google results come up with "hypnagogic hallucinations".
>>
When i sleep or start to fall asleep, and it gets really silent, I suddenly hear *WOOOOM* for just a second or something. does anyone have this too or knows what it means?
>>
>>17101457
Slow flex/tension buildup(slow enough that you won't notice it immediately) and then sudden relaxation.
>>
Well, i recently had a weird and spoopy experience related to that fenomenon. Im on mobile so fuck green text. Anyway. I was falling asleep on my parents bedroom. As i started to dream, i inmediatly got into a state of sleep paralysis and my dreams were abruptly interrupted. A voice started to speak. I literally felt how that shit got into my brain, the left side of it to be exact. I opened my eyes, which was hardly the only part of my body i could move. The voice went on as how i was his property, and then started talkin other shit i have tried to remember but failed to do so. I finally got out of my sleep paralisys, after what appeared to be a fucking eternity. I dont know how to explain it, but if someone here has an answer, may god bless him...
>>
Whenever I get sleep paralysis I hear radio chatter, I've tried focusing on it but it just seems like garbled Charlie Brown adult talking. it's kind of cool though because your brain is making it without your effort

I can reproduce sleep paralysis pretty consistently by getting hammered and passing out at 8PM, then waking up at 4AM with a massive hangover and then chugging a bottle of soda and going back to bed
>>
That happens to me sometimes. I'd usually hear nonsense words or random numbers being spoken.
>>
>>17101436
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>>
Common occurrence during the hypnagogic state (i.e. Between waking and sleeping). Auditory hallucinations. I get them once in a while, sometimes it "sounds" so loud it wakes me up. Most of it is difficult to make out.
>>
>>17101621
>one more thing to add onto my seemingly evergrowing list of mental fuckups
>>
>>17101559
I don't hear numbers when I'm falling asleep, but I do hear random spoken words and sudden loud noises.
>>
>>17101621
i had this for a brief period, put it down to drugs though
>>
>>17101472
Attention.
At that moment you were attention. And thus the property of yourself.
Usualy you are not attentive.
It takes things like this to really get your attention.
So much that it sticks with you.

The voice was you. Only what has become known as the "subconsciousness".

Learn to pay attention and you will be able to answer all this yourself.
>>
>>17101366
Definitely happens to me. I also hear loud bangs that pull me right back from the edge of sleep. Sometimes I will get up and walk around my house to see what made the noise if I'm not totally awake.
>>
>>17101934
see this >>17101621
>>
>>17101366
O, I used to get it ALL the time when I was meditating a lot and really peaceful. Buddhist monk said, "sometimes entering sleep, you go into a state of Samadhi"
>>
>>17101969
Yeah I read that after I posted. Pretty interesting. It definitely still happens to me every once in a while, though I wouldn't say it has had a negative impact on my life.
>>
>>17102007
used to keep me awake for ages, started getting paranoid i had mice running about the house or something like that
>>
>>17101366
When im falling asleep, the exact instant I pass from awake into sleep I will hear a very very loud soundI can describe as air suction. Its like standing next to a plane engine. It only lasts an instant though. Sometimes it wakes me up.
>>
hypnagogia is fun

i usually listen to symphonies of the planets on loop while i sleep, tend to hear similar things now when i go without
>>
>>17101366
>be 17 and start hearing voices in waking/falling asleep nightly for weeks
>sounds like a thousand voices trying to speak all different things at once
>ask parents
>Christian mom just tells me about some boy in the bible who heard Gods voice during same periods
>tells me to pray about it
>absolutely no help
>look up online
>find sleep paralysis and similar conditions
>fix my sleep patterns
>rarely happens again
I love my mom (may she rest in peace), and she was only trying to help as best as her faith allowed, but that was a major breaking point in my faith.
>>
>>17101437
I wish more people would speak of this openly... would explain a lot of stories out of religious texts that don't really belong there. Sad that there are a million explanations for such things nowadays (many of them much more common than epileptic seizures or schizophrenia) and no one on the religious/faith stage is even willing to address the elephant in the room.

I believe texts like the Quaran/Bible/Torah have their place, but we should really try to refine them otherwise it's crazies who believe in them entirely vs people who use objective thought. Anyone caught in the middle gets fucked up from both sides, so they're almost irrelevant.
>>
I hear brief beeping electronic patterns every now and then but I can never remember hearing actual voices.
>>
>>17103298
>sounds like a thousand voices trying to speak all different things at once

I've had this. I was told once that it's your brain processing that day's info.
>>
File: 1450404670639.jpg (8 KB, 230x252) Image search: [Google]
1450404670639.jpg
8 KB, 230x252
You are all tuning in to the CIA number stations being broadcasted to the chips in your heads. I think mine needs to be tuned because I'm hearing static now.
>>
>>17103311
crazyness is the uncionscious communicating freely with the conscious, which is quite literally how god with speak with one
>>
Do you hear the voices, too?!
>>
ITT: People that need to megadose on B vitamins. Try some slow-release niacin, too. And knock it off with the sugar and starch and pot and vodka and stuff. Detox.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.