[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The /x/ Files, Issue Two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11
File: all-seeing-eye.png (7 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7 KB, 400x300
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

This is a bit of a slow news week for the Strange, but I've gathered the most interesting stories I could find, along with the roundup of the big three radio shows, and podcast synopsis. Let's get started, shall we?

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Radio Show Roundup
3: Paranormal Podcasts
4: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Astronaut tweets 'UFO' from the space station

Astronaut Scott Kelly shared an image on social media showing a strange object high above the Earth's surface. Kelly, who recently achieved the world record for the longest time spent in space by a US astronaut, recorded an image of city lights over India and posted it to his Twitter account with the caption "Day 233. Once upon a #star over Southern India. #GoodNight from @space_station! #YearInSpace" The anomalous object can be seen situated in the top right-hand corner of the frame.

Full Story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/astronauts-tweet-prove-ufos-exist-6853468

Zoologists hunting Tazmanian tiger declare 'no doubt' species still alive

A team of investigators from the Centre for Fortean Zoology is currently in Tasmania hunting down clues to prove the thylacine still exists. The group claims to have gathered compelling evidence of the thylacine’s presence in remote parts of Tazmania’s north-west, despite the last known animal dying in captivity in September of 1936.

The investigators said they has spoken to several “highly credible” witnesses of the thylacine, and had found animal feces that could belong to the beast. The droppings have been preserved in alcohol and are being sent away for DNA analysis.

“The area is so damn remote," Said Richard Freeman, zoological director of the organisation. "There are so many prey species, and we have so many reliable witnesses who know the bush, that I’d say there is a reasonable population of them left.”

Full Story: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/11/zoologists-on-the-hunt-for-tasmanian-tiger-declare-no-doubt-species-still-alive
>>
Huge hoard of 4,000 Roman coins unearthed

Thought to date back 1,700 years, the cache of coins, Weighing around 15kg(33lb), was found after a Swiss farmer noticed something shining inside a molehill in his cherry orchard. When archaeologists excavated the site they were surprised to discover that the coins were in remarkably good condition for their age. Some of the coins dated as far back as the rule of Emperor Aurelian in AD 274 while others were from the time of Emperor Maximian who ruled Rome from AD 286 to AD 305.

Full Story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34872657

Scientists create cyborg roses

Scientists have created a kind of cyborg flower: living roses with tiny electronic circuits threaded through their vascular systems. The brainchild of researchers at Linkoping University in Sweden, the peculiar cyberplants were created through the introduction of tiny electronic polymers which then self-assemble within the plants. The strange cyberplants could one day make it possible to tell flowers when to bloom to avoid an impending frost, or when to put out hormones to prevent a drought.

Full Story: http://www.livescience.com/52872-electronic-plants-created.html
>>
Obama says UFOs aren’t ‘as top secret as you’d think’

On Monday, November 17, GQ Magazine published an interview with President Barack Obama, conducted by on-air sports personality Bill Simmons. During the interview, Simmons asks, “Have you ever said, ‘Give me the JFK-assassination files, I want to read them. Give me all the secret stuff’?”

The President responds, "I gotta tell you, it’s a little disappointing. People always ask me about Roswell and the aliens and UFOs, and it turns out the stuff going on that’s top secret isn’t nearly as exciting as you expect. In this day and age, it’s not as top secret as you’d think." Unfortunately, there is no follow up or further elaboration on these comments in the GQ interview.

Full Story: http://rogueplanet.tv/obama-says-ufos-arent-as-top-secret-as-youd-think/4350

GQ Interview: http://www.gq.com/story/president-obama-bill-simmons-interview-gq-men-of-the-year
>>
Strange Slimes are Growing in Mysterious Siberian Lake

Mysterious, unexplained slimes are affecting Lake Baikal in Siberia, which coincidentally received a direct hit from a meteor just a few weeks ago. Dr. Oleg Timoshkin from the Russian Academy of Sciences has been sounding the alarm about the various forms of slime on the once clear lake. Dead and dying sponges are covering the lake’s shores. Massive amounts of a green slime are covering southern reaches of the lake as well, and the slime isn’t limited to the surface either; many areas of the bottom of the lake are covered in carpets of green growth.

According to ISU researcher Kirill Ivanov, the Lake Baikal meteor traveled from west to east and landed 1 km from the lake’s shore. It weighed about 1 kg, measured 10 cm in diameter and hit the lake at a speed of 13 km/sec (29,000 mph). Ivanov believes the meteor originated in the Asteroid Belt. It is also noteworthy that the meteor which caused the Tunguska event in 1908 traveled directly over Lake Baikal, and that the lake is believed to be a UFO hot spot.

Full Story: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/11/strange-slimes-are-growing-in-mysterious-siberian-lake/

Researchers develop 'freeze ray' lasers

A team of researchers from the University of Washington is taking credit for figuring out for the first time how laser can be employed to refrigerate liquids. Findings of the study have been published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences and employed an infrared laser for cooling water by about 36 degrees Fahrenheit.

The ability to 'point cool' small areas for instance has the potential to be highly beneficial, especially in the field of medical research where it could be used to cool and slow down individual cells or to 'silence' a single neuron within a network without causing damage.

Full Story: http://www.thetimesgazette.com/breakthrough-laser-beams-help-with-refrigeration-scientists-develop-process-to-cool-liquids-in-real-world-order/9512/
>>
File: Coast.png (200 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200 KB, 512x512
Radio Show Roundup

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: Avoiding Life Disasters/Edgar Cayce & Hall of Records

In the first half, Randall Bell, Ph.D., discussed his work evaluating the aftermath of disasters and how this led to formulating simple ways to help people avoid disasters in their lives. In the second half, author Kirk Nelson talked about the life of American prophet Edgar Cayce, and the mysterious Hall of Records.

Tuesday: Overpopulation/Energy Healing

In the first half, Prof. Paul R. Ehrlich discussed his work on population theory and mass extinction. In the second half, expert in hypnosis and time travel, Dr. Bruce Goldberg, talked about energy healing through hypnosis, ascension and teleportation.

Wednesday: Effects of Electromagnetic Fields/Trends & Current Events

In the first half, medical journalist Katie Singer who works on public policy with the Electromagnetic Radiation Policy Institute was joined by Dr. Victoria Dunckley to discuss how electromagnetic fields, like Wi-Fi and mobile phone networks, may be related to various psychological and physical issues. In the latter half, founder and director of the Trends Research Institute, Gerald Celente, offered analysis of the current geopolitical situation, and what he sees on the horizon for the economy.

Thursday: Ancient Structures & Extinction Events

Earthfiles investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe presented information on a Giza pyramid anomaly, mysterious geoglyphs in Kazakhstan, and "death from above" Earth mass extinctions.

Friday: Search for Bigfoot

Guest host Connie Willis was joined for the full program by James Fay(of "Finding Bigfoot" fame) for a discussion on his Bigfoot research and the quest to find the elusive creature.
>>
File: Midnight.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Midnight.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell

Monday: Jill Heinerth – Underwater Cave Exploration

Jill Heinerth is recognized as one of the planet’s great underwater explorers. An expert in one of the world’s most dangerous endeavors, cave diving, Jill is a photographer, filmmaker, author and instructor, with over 7000 scuba dives to her credit.

Tuesday: Kevin Randle – 100 Years of UFO Coverups

Retired Lt. Col. Kevin D. Randle has, for more than 45 years, studied the UFO phenomenon in all its various incarnations. Randle has traveled the United States to interview hundreds of witnesses who were involved in everything from the Roswell crash of 1947, to the latest abduction cases.

Wednesday: Jeffrey Scott Holland – Feral Humans

Jeffrey Scott Holland is an author and photographer originally from the wilderness of Kentucky, currently living in Florida. Holland’s recurring fascination with feral humans, partially inspired by his rural upbringing, has become something of a cult legend since his original appearance with Art Bell in 1997.

Thursday: Loyd Auerbach (Rebroadcast of episode from September 15)

Loyd Auerbach has a Master’s degree in Parapsychology. He is the Director of the Office of Paranormal Investigations and President of the Forever Family Foundation. Loyd has been in the field for over 35 years focusing on education and field investigation. He is a professor at Atlantic University, JFK University, and teaches Parapsychology through the HCH Institute in Lafayette, California.

Friday: Open Lines
>>
File: Other Side.jpg (59 KB, 790x408) Image search: [Google]
Other Side.jpg
59 KB, 790x408
The Other Side of Midnight with Richard Hoagland

Monday: Joseph P. Farrell/Open Lines

Joseph P. Farrell has a doctorate in patristics from the University of Oxford, and pursues research in physics, alternative history and science, and “strange stuff”.

Tuesday: Dr. Richard Spence

Dr. Richard B. Spence is a Professor of History at the University of Idaho. His special interests include modern Russian, military, espionage and occult history and the history of anti-Semitism.

Wednesday: Christopher Dunn

Christopher Dunn has an extensive background as a craftsman; over the past 49 years, Chris has worked at every level of high-tech manufacturing from machinist, toolmaker, programmer and operator of high-power industrial lasers, Project Engineer and Laser Operations Manager. After research and study of source material on various theories, Chris concluded that the Great Pyramid of Giza must have originally been built to provide a highly technical society with energy — in short, it was a very large machine. Discovering the purpose of this machine and documenting his case has taken the better part of twenty years of research.

Thursday: Philip Comella (Rebroadcast)

Friday: David Mantik and Robert Morningstar

David W. Mantik received his doctorate in physics from the University of Wisconsin. Mantik has carried out extensive research into the assassination of John F. Kennedy. This includes detailed studies of Kennedy autopsy X-rays and the Zapruder Film.

Robert Morningstar is a civilian intelligence analyst, investigative journalist and psychotherapist, living in New York City. Robert has written extensively to expose NASA’s use of “Disinformation Technology” to suppress evidence of an extraterrestrial presence on on the Moon. Robert is currently the Publisher & Editor of UFODigest, which exposes the real nature and menace of the UFO phenomenon and its cover-up to our constitutional liberties.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182 KB, 1054x1157) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182 KB, 1054x1157
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: H.H. Holmes Part II: Nothing But Trouble

Our series on H.H. Holmes continues with the actual construction of his murder castle, exactly how he used it to kill and dispose of his victims, and the terrible, vicious things that happened within.

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/h-h-holmes-part-ii-nothing-but-trouble/

Paranormal Podcast: The UFO Dossier

Kevin Randle joins us to talk about the history of the UFO phenomenon.

Link: http://jimharold.com/the-ufo-dossier-paranormal-podcast-408/

The Paracast: November 22nd, 2015

Gene and Chris present Chris Aubeck, co-author (with Martin Shough) of “Return to Magonia: Investigating UFOs in History.” To understand the real nature of the UFO phenomenon, it’s important to evaluate UFO sightings across the centuries. Are cases from hundreds of years ago similar to modern cases? If UFOs are an age-old phenomenon, how does that fact provide clues as to what’s really going on? All in all, this will be a truly fascinating session that will move the discussion about UFOs into fascinating areas.

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/

Mysterious Universe: 14.21
This week we experience sensory deprivation at the Sydney Float Centre and compare notes with the legendary John C. Lilly and his Ketamine dreams.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/11/14-21-mu-podcast-2/
>>
File: editors-note.png (10 KB, 380x141) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10 KB, 380x141
And thus passes another amazing week of Paranormal news. I've been having a ton of fun making this digest so far, whether or not anybody reads it or even cares that I do. The first issue got archived pretty quickly, but I have a copy in my files. If there's enough interest shown, I might even consider collecting the digests in a blog or Google Docs folder.

Once again, I'm asking for suggestions to improve the /x/ Files. How can I make it better? What should I add? What should I take away? Even a suggestion as simple as changing the formatting for easier reading I will take under consideration. I may be just a single Anon making this thread, but this is a collaborative effort from all of us long-time /x/philes.

Until Next Time.
>>
>>16998082
>Strange Slimes are Growing in Mysterious Siberian Lake
Shoggoths?
>>
>>16998218
Bump for good content. Keep it up, OP.
>>
File: ndh5wmf77N1u1r9uoo1_1280.jpg (219 KB, 598x700) Image search: [Google]
ndh5wmf77N1u1r9uoo1_1280.jpg
219 KB, 598x700
This was cool, appretiate it OP, I'm usually not at home on weekdays. I'd only ask for caps of remarkable posts if possible.
>>
threads like this make me glad i still lurk /x/
>>
>>16998054

Thank you. I enjoyed this very much. It would be great if you collected this into a downloadable digest.

If I hadany suggestion it would be more articles about futurism like the plant with the wire growing in it.
>>
File: Teddy.jpg (89 KB, 577x768) Image search: [Google]
Teddy.jpg
89 KB, 577x768
Link to issue 1?
>>
>>16998405

First issue is here >>16972829
>>
>>16998054
great job OP, keep it up
>>
File: RSteadman.jpg (297 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
RSteadman.jpg
297 KB, 500x714
Awesome post. Definitely deserves more attention. Thanks op.
>>
thanks paranormal news but

I get a question , someone can tell me that means those rare numbers of the image , is little known , but not that means this mystery OP and need your help
>>
Groundbreaking exposé on the Berenstein controversy.
>>
This is the sort of stuff /x/ used to be about. Good job OP.
>>
holy shit I love you OP

i'm really liking the fact that old /x/ is on its way back
>>
Bumping for OP because he/she is doing God's work.
Don't want to sound samefaggy but really does remind me of old x days.
>>
Interesting read OP, but I'm not sure that Roman coins really belong amongst the other stories unless I missed something?
>>
Thanks for this OP, didn't know about the lake or the ufo in the space picture. I'm going to look forward to this every week.
>>
Pretty cool OP.

Keep this up.
>>
All Bump for The Holy Editor!
>>
File: 1448264022262.jpg (487 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448264022262.jpg
487 KB, 600x600
Thank you for doing this. Here is a rare pepe in return.
>>
>>16998540
404'd
archive link?
>>
>>17001422
http://pastebin.com/jScFCpnz
>>
>>16998079
does he mean that in the sense that the general public already knows what he knows, or at least have come to a conclusion?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.