[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low end games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nzdg3fMAdw1tjta6do1_1280.jpg (348 KB, 1129x1004) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzdg3fMAdw1tjta6do1_1280.jpg
348 KB, 1129x1004
Hello /wsr/, I have a really old computer (P4). I've been playing wow and some smaller indie games recently but got bored with all of them. I ask you to recommend me some fun games with really low requirements. Preferably with cool combat (if it has any.)
>>
cave story
>>
>>96247
You're probably better off asking this question on /v/. Here are some recommendations though:
Quake live (I'd recommend cpma over it but it's dead ;_;)
Lethal League.
Frozen synapse
Gameboy emulating (pokemon games, fire emblem, anything else fun you remember from your childhood)
Boardgames (Chess, Go, etc)
>>
>>96247
If you have a late-gen P4, there's a good chance you can replace the processor with a Core2 Duo, Core2 Quad, or Socket 771 Xeon for $30 or so.
>>
>>96247
Emulate NES and SNES games with higan, GBA games with vba-m and NDS games with No$GBA (which runs on any toaster, though kinda looks like shit).

For game recommendations, google vsrecommendedgames.

To download them, emuparadise.
>>
ultima online? the first day or so of skill grinding can be tedious but the world has tons of content. plus there are a lot of free servers out there.
>>
oddworld: abe's oddysee
hotline miami 2
digital: a love story
>>
>>96247
dwarf fortress (hard tho)
luftrausers
momodora
undertale
>>
>>96819
Dwarf Fortress doesn't have low requirements, what are you talking about? It has insanely high requirements because of how it tracks every single nerve on every single body. Also it's single-threaded and poorly optimized but still. It's huge.
>>
>>96830
DF's main requirement is a fairly modest amount of RAM (including physical and virtual), and the biggest performance bottleneck is RAM latency.
Of course, the better the machine, the faster DF will run and the better it will handle more NPCs and more territory, but in principle, it does run and it can be played even on a Pentium II.
>>
>>96834
That's the same requirements "meteorological simulation", "computational fluid dynamics", and "modelling nuclear weapons" has.
>>
>>96882
My point is that it runs and it's playable. Compare that to the endless string of games such as Crysis, DotA, etc, which can be installed just fine, but will neither run nor even show a visible warning message on older machines.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.