[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting old mythological stories, epics, etc..., that have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 16
File: fatestaynight.jpg (141 KB, 1010x758) Image search: [Google]
fatestaynight.jpg
141 KB, 1010x758
Requesting old mythological stories, epics, etc..., that have quite a bit of action or at least have a lot supernatural elements.
>>
>>94118
If your picture implies you enjoy anime try Arslan Senki
>>
>>94400
I actually despise all anime and am incapable of watching any.
>>
File: 1446221494266.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1446221494266.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>94417
You do know that you can see the poster amount from the bottom corner, right? It was a nice try, I guess.
>>
>>94419
Huh? Of what do you speak?
>>
>>94420
The site itself tells me you're not the OP.
>>
File: proof.png (194 KB, 1176x467) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
194 KB, 1176x467
>>94421
I should have known that deciding to change IPs on a whim was a bad idea. Anyways, here's your proof.
>>
File: 325432523567.jpg (14 KB, 481x380) Image search: [Google]
325432523567.jpg
14 KB, 481x380
>>94426
Please just stop now, anon. (You)'s don't work that way.
>>
>>94426
Wow, this is just sad.
>>
>>94428
I'm using 4chanx, nerdboy.
That aside, this discussion is pretty much pointless since you're trying to prove something that is clearly wrong. Please save your reaction images for another time.
>>
>>94431
>2 mins in MS paint
>>
File: 1450251595364.gif (938 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450251595364.gif
938 KB, 500x281
>>94431
>>
>>94433
Have it your way then. Wait endlessly for an OP who simply doesn't exist.
>>
>>94437
If I give you the benefit of doubt, if you are OP and passionately hate all anime, what the hell is your OP image?
>>
File: Sakura hug.png (551 KB, 795x596) Image search: [Google]
Sakura hug.png
551 KB, 795x596
>>94439
A visual novel. Just because I hate anime doesn't mean that I'm not a weeb.
>>
File: 1432964738117.png (505 KB, 856x2027) Image search: [Google]
1432964738117.png
505 KB, 856x2027
These are all me btw
>>
>>94442
Fate is like the worst garbage ever produced in Japan. It can be even traced to breed the exact shit cliches that shape modern anime. It's basically just an anime without animation.
>>
>>94400
Op here, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
File: 4fc[1].jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
4fc[1].jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>94458
>anime without animation
>animation without animation
>>
>>94475
Still pictures, you silly.
>>
>>94482
That'd be manga, you card.
>>
File: 1437073031239.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437073031239.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>94564
>Even this still-image is manga
O-okay if you say so anon
>>
File: 9zl0Z[1].jpg (42 KB, 830x568) Image search: [Google]
9zl0Z[1].jpg
42 KB, 830x568
>>94573
That's just one still image. But a series of still images telling a story would be a manga, yes.

The oldest manga is in fact just a series of pictures of animals having a party.
>>
>>94581
>Visual novels are manga
Ehhh I don't really see what you are trying to prove here unless you are to throw a wild suggestion that every form of media that consists out of two or more images is manga, in which case I'm literally laughing my ass off.
>>
>>94582
Visual novels mainly consist of text with a few accompanying pictures. It's something between a manga and a novel, but closer to a novel than to manga.

My initial point was that an anime without animation would be a manga in form of a video.
>>
>>94587
You do understand that even anime is a series of still pictures that are just rapidly shown after each other, which in your definition would also make anime manga.

I don't even know why I bother replying, you're not making any sense.
>>
>>94591
>You do understand that even anime is a series of still pictures that are just rapidly shown after each other

Yeah, and that's called animation aka anime. What's so hard to get?

Visual novels: Text + a few still images telling a story
Manga: Series of still images telling a story
Anime: Animated still images telling a story

Hence, a visual novel can never be an anime without animation.
>>
>>94593
Technically there is also animation in visual novels, for example mouth movement and cut-scenes, character sprites moving, which would make in your definition visual novel anime.

What you are claiming is that if you stop an episode of anime it becomes manga, or either stops somehow completely existing like you claimed in >>94475.

Just stop this already.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 907x718
>>94475
>Smug Anime Face
>No Animation
Case closed, beyotch.
>>
>>94595
>Technically there is also animation in visual novels, for example mouth movement and cut-scenes, character sprites moving, which would make in your definition visual novel anime.

There are also OP and ED videos in visual novels, but they're not what makes a visual novel a visual novel. Adding a live-action scene into an anime episode doesn't make a movie out of it.

>What you are claiming is that if you stop an episode of anime it becomes manga, or either stops somehow completely existing like you claimed in >>94475 (You).

Uhh, no, stopping an anime and calling it a manga is the same as animating a manga and calling it anime. You're changing the medium and they way it is supposed to be consumed.
>>
>>94596
That's just a still picture taken out of an anime. You wouldn't call a movie frame a movie either.
>>
File: 1378509439912.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1378509439912.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>94599
As long as you are claiming that a screenshot of an anime isn't a still-picture I have nothing else to add, anon.
>>
>>94573
>>Even this still-image is manga

>>94581
>That's just one still image.

But I said the exact opposite, anon. I must say, you lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>94608
>I said the exact opposite
You saying screenshot isn't a still image is your entire initial statement. You know, the statement that you usually build all your points around in a sensible argument. Because you have the memory of an insect let me refer it to you word by word:

"Anime without animation
Animation without animation"
"Still pictures, you silly"
"That'd be manga, you card"

You can find this word to word from the thread. Your entire initial statement is how still picture of anime is manga. At this point you either admit your initial assumptions were terribly wrong which kind of means you've been talking out of your ass the entire time or you admit to being a legitimate retard with lacking reading comprehension and memory on what you write.

Either one is fine to me, really.
>>
>>94609
When you said still pictures, we were talking about visual novels, i.e. we were talking about still pictures from a visual novel. If you take the still pictures out of a visual novel, you'd get a rather incoherent manga. It wouldn't be a good manga, but it'd be a manga.

You ignored how I said "still pictureS", as in plural, and proceeded to say that a still image out of an anime would be a manga too. And you still keep ignoring the plural, even thoughI keep saying a manga is a series of still pictures telling a story.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 248x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 248x319
>>94602
>You wouldn't call a movie frame a movie either.
But people *do* call smug anime face "Smug Anime Face".

Check and mate.
>>
File: 1459197958264.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459197958264.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>94614
Which in your definition would make any series of still pictures a manga. And that'd also make visual novels "manga". See, we have gone trough this before, posts ago, and it doesn't lead anywhere because both your definitions and initial assumptions are so poor you are constantly contradicting yourself leading to a strange definitions that make no sense.

I replied this fast because I had the reply typed out beforehand as I knew you were going to take this exact route. This isn't going anywhere and I should have stopped ages ago when I saw the direction thread is heading. You can have the last word if you like.
>>
>>94616
People call the face, aka the contents of the image, smug anime face because it's a face from an anime. They don't, however, call the image itself anime, as it's simply a still-image.
>>
>>94618
Any series of still pictures telling a story is a manga. That's why the oldest manga is called a manga even though it doesn't have any speech bubbles or panels.

That is why you would in fact get a manga if you extracted the still images out of a visual novel, but a visual novel isn't just pictures. A visual novel is a novel with accompanying pictures.

Your only argument is that taking parts out of something makes something else, which is obviously true.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x287
>>94621
>people call the face .. anime
>it's simply a still-image.
So you're saying it's "anime", but it's also "simply a still-image"?
>>
>>94626
Good job omitting parts of my posts to make it look like I said something I didn't.

Learn to differentiate between the contents of a medium and the medium itself.
>>
>>94622
>Any series of still pictures telling a story is a manga
This statement means this post itself is manga as it consists of series of images forming a story.

I know I said I'm going to give you the last word but you're so full of shit I physically couldn't. Sorry anon. I'll be a greater man in future.
>>
>>94631
Yes, if you made screenshots of this thread's posts and released them in form of a manga, you'd get a shitty manga.

Some might argue that manga have to be drawn, but there are manga that consist of photos and CG pictures too.
>>
>>94632
Which means you also consider a written book a form of "manga" as text is a visual representation of language. Now here's what's happening next, either you
1) admit that by your definition any book is in fact manga, further outlining how ridiculous and out-of-touch your definitions and assumptions are with the rest of the world or
2) deny that literature is manga which means you are contradicting yourself.
Either way there's really no way to backpedal out of this hole your definitions have dug yourself.

Now I'm really going to sleep, enjoy your burns and the shitty thread for all it's worth anymore.
>>
>>94649
You haven't read many manga, I guess? There are many manga that contain pages full of text. Some even only consist of a few avatars that don't change and speech bubbles.

Manga, books, visual novels are just different ways of telling a story, and the borders can be very blurry.

You could represent this thread as a book, by only using the posts as text.

You could also represent this thread as a manga by making a page/panel/speech bubble out of every post and maybe adding the images of each post.

Often, in reality, as opposed to theory, things simply aren't as distinctly different as you'd like to have, friend.
>>
File: Shiki_eating_ramen.jpg (60 KB, 442x448) Image search: [Google]
Shiki_eating_ramen.jpg
60 KB, 442x448
Let me ask you a question, /wsr/: Did I ever once state that I'm looking for some kind of weebshit in my post?
I've actually recently finished the Odyssey and have gotten into liking old, mythological settings described in a poetic way. The only reason why I even bothered with posting a pic of Fate/Stay Night is because of its usage of many famous heroes from such stories.
>>
>>94426
I too can use MS paint.
>>
>>94753
>Did I ever once state that I'm looking for some kind of weebshit in my post?
Yeah, you did. Because:

>>94753
>The only reason why I even bothered with posting a pic of Fate/Stay Night is because I'm an idiot and poor at communicating

OP, you fucked your own post.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.