[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna buy a thinkpad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1438412076975.jpg (198 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1438412076975.jpg
198 KB, 500x375
Alright guys. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna buy a thinkpad but what model should I buy and from where? I want too put a i7 or buy one with a i7 preinstalled, its for my needs as a student constantly on the go and the i7 is for a bit of future proofing.
>>
Just get a lenovo Z50 with the A10 APU instead. Amazon has it for like $430. Save the money left over for a desktop instead.
>>
>>93135
Already have a gaming desktop
>>
>>93136
Then save for something else (More RAM, SSD, better GPU, better phone, ect). Spending $700+ for an i7 laptop is a complete waste of money in the long run.
>>
>>93138
Have a galaxy S6 and all of the other stuff in my desktop. I need a laptop for school and when im travelling and such. Thought a thinkpad would be a good fit as its pretty robust and has a good battery life.
>>
>>93130
Mobile "i7" is a con: it's usually the same feature set and core count as the same generation i5, and 5% faster clock.

>>93135
No, that's retarded.
>I want a Land Rover
>You should get a Tata Sumo Grande instead: it's the same company and it's way cheaper.

Business laptops are not the same thing as mass-market laptops. Mass-market laptops are cheap, because mass-market laptops are crap.
>>
>>93170
Hm, ill look into just the i5 version. Thanks!
>>
Just don't, get a Dell e6420 refurbed, I own one, best laptop I ever owned.
>>
>>93224
Dude, just no.

Latitudes are alright, but they're not Thinkpads. They're a whole other level compared to the crap in Best Buy, but they're still not Thinkpads.

Go drop your Latitude off a desk and then pour a coffee on the keyboard. I'll wait.

Do that to a Thinkpad, and it'll park the disk heads during freefall, and then channel the coffee out "liquid egress" ports in the bottom. The reason there's so many preowned Thinkpads around is that you simply cannot kill them.

If you're getting a refurbed Sandy Bridge, you could (and should) get a Thinkpad t420 or x220 for the same ballpark price.
>>
>>93356
Both have happened to my e6420, has freefall protection and spill resistant keyboard, you need to stop being such a thinkpad shill.
>>
>>93470
I've owned both; Thinkpads are simply better.

Latitudes are fine, they're pretty easy to work on, and parts are readily available.

But I've never needed replacement parts for my Thinkpad, because it's never broken in the first place. Yes it's easy to change a hinge on a Latitude, but you shouldn't have to.
>>
>>93356
>it'll park the disk heads during freefall
That feature is built into every laptop made in the last decade you flute.
>>
>>93477
>Thinkpads are simply better
Wow, that's some macfag tier trolling there friendo. They're not "simple better" as most business class notebooks are all produced to an extremely high standard. EliteBooks and latitudes are also excellent quality and more than a match for ThinkPads. Lenovo have also been very active in watering down the ThinkPad brand, producing sever lines and models that just don't fit in with both the rest of the ThinkPads or the competition from HP or Dell.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.