[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write Protection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: sdcard.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sdcard.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone know a workaround on this? Been trying for days its pissing me off a bit. Any way to pass through the lock on the side? it is unlocked but still says the damn thing on.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>91814
See the switch on the side of the card?

Flip it.
>>
>>91831
Right. Like I said i insert it unlocked but it still wont let me copy anything.
>>
Tried backing up and formatting? Even if formatting it doesn't do the job, your writes probably ran out and you can't do shit about it. Buying a new SD card is the only solution.
>>
>>91814
You can try this if you aren't concerned with keeping the contents:

Open a command prompt with administrator rights and enter the following sequence of commands:

diskpart
list disk
select disk {number}
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=fat32 quick
assign
exit
>>
>>91938
FYI, this will totally wipe the drive and its contents
>>
>>91939
the drive meaning only the sd card will be affected?
>>
File: sdcard.png (376 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sdcard.png
376 KB, 1920x1080
>>91939
go to clean and its still write protected.
>>
>>91942
Yes, if you select the sd card properly with diskpart that is.
>>
>>91946
got*
>>
>>91942
Yes as long as you select the proper disk number. Compare the drive sizes listed and pick the one that is the flash drive and NOT your primary drive which usually the largest drive and first one (Disk 0) listed so again, DONT pick that one.
>>
>>91946
Just to be sure, you tired using this sd card on another computer? But I still think what I said here >>91930 is what really happened.
>>
>>91946
Did you run the command prompt as admin?
>>
>>91953
yea ran it with admin
>>91952
havent tried with another computer but what do you mean ran out of saves?
>>
>>91956
Basically the memory chip wears out each time you save a file. SD cards, USB flash drives and SSDs suffer from this and there's no way to fix it backup your files and move it to another storage device. If you still have no idea what I'm talking about, try searching for "flash drives wear out".
>>
>>91814
http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Write-Protection
If none of that works then >>91964 is the problem and it is basically read only from now on.
>>
damn. well that sucks. the main dumbass thing was that i bought this 2gb sd card last week and it this start off saying write protected but after a day or 2(?) it let me copy just some stuff. now i need just a bit more but after inserting it back to my pc is said write protected again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.