[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can you pc nerds on here rate my build, maybe suggest some t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1459307798996.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459307798996.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1200
can you pc nerds on here rate my build, maybe suggest some things i could fix or perhaps make cheaper without losing quality. thanks.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
>>
>>91622
>>>gee

also you're a retard

look at your link
>>
>>91623
/g/ now deletes this kind of threads.
>>
>>91633
>>>/g/53787276

although i do prefer the older /g/. its truely an end of an era

this guy still posted the wrong link though
>>
fuck me im stupid

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3FXs6h
>>
>>91854
>fuck me im stupid
Now that we got that out of the window

>i5-6600K
Good choice.
>212 EVO
Add $10, get Cryorig H7. Silent as fuck and will allow some decent OC
>Z97 motherboard
Wrong chipset. You need Z170 for Skylake (6th gen) CPU. But yeah feel free to go with MSI.
>60 GB SSD
Jesus no. 100 is the absolute minimum. I'd advice 240. You are going to installl programs, right? Get Crucial, Kingston or Samsung, whichever you can afford.
>WD Black
You're overpaying. Get a cheaper $50 WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda.
>GTX 970
This card does not have 4 GB of GDDR5 RAM as advertised, but only 3.5. Get a MSI R9 390. Same price, better by every metric imaginable.
>Phantom 410
Good case, but at that price you'd expect it to have dust filters. It doesn't have them. Fractal Design Define R5 would be perfect here.
>EVGA PSU
Good choice.
>>
>>91886
i was only gonna use the ssd for my OS

and i want to get nvidia cards, thats my preference, and i trust evga to make the best cards, my current gpu is evga and i love it

chipset was another stupid fuck up, my origanol parts list got erased when i deleted cookies so i had to re build it real quick and messed up on the mobo, gonna fix it now

i like the nzxt more than the fractal
>>
>>91854
>>91886
ok here's a corrected build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bN6hsY

If you want to cut corners, trim down RAM to 8 GB and move back to 600-650 W PSU from EVGA. Or change the case to Define S.
>>
>>91893
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bN6hsY
this build is more expesive, and you have an 850w PSU? why?
>>
>>91892
>i was only gonna use the ssd for my OS
Good luck with that. There's tons of programs that don't even let you install them anywhere outside the system partition. Game saves alone take gigabytes of space. And SSD speeds up everything, not just the OS.

>i want to get nvidia cards, thats my preference, and i trust evga to make the best cards, my current gpu is evga and i love it
I agree that EVGA is a great company with a kickass customer support, but 970 is just a loaded chip. "Should have gotten a 390" is a meme over at PCMR for a good reason.

Can't you wait for Pascal/Polaris announcements? Prices will drop and maybe you'll afford a 980Ti.

>i like the nzxt more than the fractal
NZXT makes good cases, but pick a better one than 410. Dust filters would be nice. As for Define R5, it looks rigid, but it's just lovably silent. And the cable management is awesome.
>>
>>91899
like I've said 850 is overkill, you can trim down to 500-600. but if you go for 800 you can add a second card in Crossfire - and not just a second 390, it can be a 490.
>>
>>91900
how long till those announcements?

and i wasnt going to put games on the ssd, i dont mind waiting for those, just want a fast OS, and dont wanna buy an expenisve ssd

and honestly im only buying the NZXT because i think it looks awesome, but your argument for the R5 is awefully good

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pVFTvK
>>
>>91904
>how long till those announcements?
Should be somewhere next month. Maybe May. There are already leaks on 3DMark. My sides reached orbit when one of the cards tested had 7.5 GB of VRAM instead of 8.

> and i wasnt going to put games on the ssd, i dont mind waiting for those, just want a fast OS, and dont wanna buy an expenisve ssd
Firefox/Chrome, all user data, any work programs, just virtually anything can take up space on SSD. And it will. 60 GB is a joke. With 100, you will be struggling on a monthly basis to put your files in check.

>and honestly im only buying the NZXT because i think it looks awesome, but your argument for the R5 is awefully good
Wait till somebody else visits this thread and recommends you something else, but R5 is my solid bet.

And change that meme tier 212 EVO to Cryorig H7. You want to overclock or not?

You know what - I have an idea for you. Buy this whole rig now EXCEPT the video card. Put the money saved into SSD. Wait a month or two, game on Iris or your old video card, and the prices should drop.
>>
>>91910
solid points. glad i decided to get other opinions, never even thought about that ssd issue, so i should get like 200gb huh

think im gonna wait a month or so to buy all this anyway, gonna keep an eye on the gpu prices for sure now

and why is the cryorig H7 better?
>>
also i got a 750w PSU becasue i thought thats the lowest i should go, but if i can get by with a 650 i would rather do that
>>
Yeah it's definitely a bad time to buy a video card, wait until pascal drops then you'll be able to get a better, newer card for the same money or maybe a second hand 980ti.
>>
>>91910
>My sides reached orbit when one of the cards tested had 7.5 GB of VRAM instead of 8.
They're probably using failed dies and ignoring the damaged areas.

There's a patch for Linux called "badRAM" that lets you do that. It came from Facebook (or maybe Google); they build their own DIMMs out of failed DRAM chips.
>>
>>91910
>60GB
Just stick your swap on it and use the rest for eBoostr. 10GB is enough for an 80% hit rate on Chrome, Photoshop, etc; add another ~5GB for each game you actually play.
>>
>>91914
>and why is the cryorig H7 better?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2768727/cryorig-hyper-212-evo-killer.html
>Yes. The Cryorig H7 beats the hyper212 in every way, from case clearance to ram clearance to audio properties to cooling potential. Ok, almost every way anyways, the 212 wins in 2 areas. 1.Availability. Everyone sells the 212, high volumes of stock. The H7 is considerably more limited in Stock amounts, so when it is in Stock, it sells out fast. 2.Price. The 212 is a few bucks cheaper in the US. In Europe, its close to the same, no shipping/import taxes to pass on. Other than those 2 items, the H7 can't be touched by the 212.
H7 cools better. This means it's quieter on idle and can handle harder OC. In Europe there's no difference in price, in the US it's just $10 bucks.

>also i got a 750w PSU becasue i thought thats the lowest i should go
Stick with 750 because PcPartPicker shows it's at the same price ($69) as 650.

With overclockable CPU and GTX 970:
- 450 is stupidity
- 500 is minimum
- 550 is okay
- 600 is good
- 650 is more than enough
- 750 is a lot to work with.

With Radeons add 50 W.

Anyway, with PSUs the "lowest you should go" is not entirely the wattage, but the brand. Going for no-name PSU, even with high wattage, is just asking for trouble.

And 60GB SSD is probably doable, but could be a lot of trouble. Get 100 at least.
>>
>>91990
thanka a TON anon, really helped me polish up my build

here my final(ish) build, gonna wait a month or so for those gpus to drop

good call on the case, found one i like ALOT better for cheaper than the NZXT

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pyVnkL
>>
File: ciri.webm (746 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ciri.webm
746 KB, 1280x720
>>91995
OK that case looks really nice. Just don't remove the top cover, you don't want dust getting in through there. Front-to-back airflow is good enough.

Read up some reviews of that SSD and feel free to buy everything but the video card. Skylake CPUs have a decent integrated graphics, you should be able to play stuff like LoL and CSGO.

Also, I strongly advice you to buy and play The Witcher 3 once you get a video card. It's a great game.
>>
>>91995
>Falling for the 970 meme
Kek
>>
>>92252
I've tried anon. Let the guy make some mistakes and learn from them. By the time 970 planned obsolescence kicks in, the Ayyymd meme should begin reaching the usual razer crowd.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.