[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I am building my first pc and I seem to have come across
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0133[1].jpg (923 KB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0133[1].jpg
923 KB, 3104x1746
Hey guys, I am building my first pc and I seem to have come across a road block and I'm not even sure what's wrong. pic related is what I've done so far. My computer turns keeps turning on and then turns off after a few seconds. There's also no video input into my monitor. I know my monitor is working fine because when I turn it on it does the usual thing; blue screen, then company logo, then says entering sleep mode because there's no video input. As you can see in pic related my fans, lights (from fan, power switch and mobo) is running so I'm sure my psu and mobo are cause of the lights and my fan are connected to my mobo. I hear no beeps so I don't think there might be a problem with POST too.

My spec, so far:
mobo- gigabyte z170xp-sli
cpu- i5 6400
ram- Crucial 16GB (2x8GB)
storage- kingston 60GB SSD, seagate baracuda 2TB HDD

Sorry for such a long description.
>>
>>87528
bump
>>
Is your cpu fan plugged into a cpu fan plug. U sure it's on?
>>
U might need a videocard. Does that cpu/mobo support onboard video?
>>
Did u pull a videocard out? Reset bios. It might still be confused on which video output to use.
>>
>>87550
Give me a sec to check.
>>87553
Yes, I'm sure that it does.
>>87560
I first installed my gpu because I was so gungho about my frist build, then pulled it out after I realised that I couldn't plug wires into it.
>>
>>87550
OP here>>87564
Yes, it's plugged in and it works. I touched it by mistake. All fans are working
>>
>>87568
Have you run a portable windows or Linux? If those boot up fine you have a bunked copy of windows or something and need to reinstall.
>>
>>87573
It doesn't go to bios. This is my first build I haven't installed any OS yet. I was going to do after I put in all my parts and it all works fine.
>>
>>87574

If it shows logo, pretty sure you can get to bios. How did you reset bios? Have you tried booting off a portable os?
>>
>>87578
The only logo I get is for the monitor. I don't get a logo for my mobo nor the bios. I haven't reset my bios. I don't how to.
>>
>>87580

On the motherboard there should be a silver battery. Turn the computer off, take it out for like five seconds then put it back in. Turn it on.
>>
>>87581
Do you mean the CMOS? I was googling stuff yesterday I came across a lot.
>>
>>87582

yeah, that resets bios for typical motherboards. If it doesn't for yours look in the manual, you might have an actual button on your motherboard that you press to hold it to do a manual reset.
>>
>>87583
Give me a min I'm checking.
I really hate these damned captchas.
>>
>>87588
>>87583
I can't find it in the manual. I'll goggle it and check.
Sorry for the long wait.
>>
>>87590
I don't think I have a button for it.
>>
>>87595
>>87583
I think I wasn't clear in my previous post. I don't think there's a button but there is something there. It doesn't look like a button though.
>>
>>87595

Then take the battery out then. I'm gonna go at anytime because I'm a bit tired so if I stop responding that.
>>
>>87600
I just installed my case speaker I get 5 long beeps. It ok if you go to sleep m8.
>>
>>87602
It goes something like: BEEEEEEEEP silence BEEEEEEEEP silence BEEEEEEEEP silence BEEEEEEEEP silence BEEEEEEEEP silence.
>>
>>87528
What kind of motherboard do you have?

Is your heatsink seated properly on the CPU?

What kind of CPU do you have?
>>
>>87621
It's an ATX mobo, z170xp-sli.
Turns out the problem I was having was ram related.
>>
was about to say you have no v card or ram...
>>
OP here, just giving an update. The problem was that I didn't install my ram properly.

>>87692
Yeah I was just going to test out what I did so far was working.
But I do have a question to ask. Should I flash my BIOS?
>>
OP here, my computers been built. No problems what so ever after the ram stuff. Mods you can close the thread if you like.
>>
Why the fuck would you put the fan on that side? Are you retarded bro?

Put the fan so it faces the right side. Air comes in through the front, and is blown to the back.
>>
>>87827
The CPU fan that is, but you've already fucked it up because the heatsink is rotated the wrong way around, so you'd have to remove the whole thing/
>>
>>87816
hah
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.