[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a interesting request. I hate anime, and consider it juvenile,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
I have a interesting request. I hate anime, and consider it juvenile, wasteful garbage, and the fact that /a/ acts like petulant children whenever you disagree with their opinions, makes me only hate the medium more.

I like Miyazaki's works, FLCL, and Cowboy Bebop, and that's about it. I've tried Evangelion, and I got 7 episodes into it before giving up.

Is their any other anime series worth watching, or have a more mature bent to them?
>>
FLCL is not funny at all and shit so I guess you may be able to like pretty much everything.
Just avoid cute girls doing cute things and you will be fine.
>>
>>86462
You might like some series from manga/webtoons/manhua instead

Give this a try:
http://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/annarasumanara/ep-0/viewer?title_no=77&episode_no=1
>>
Watch kaiji
>>
>>86462
You might enjoy manga more than anime if you are looking for serious stuff
Shows
Haibane Renmei
Kaiji
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo
Monster
Uchuu Kyoudai
Shinsekai yori

movies
Eve no Jikan
Jin-Rou
Redline
Tokyo Godfathers
Tsumiki no Ie

Only you know your taste so this might help
http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Recommendations
>>
File: Fuu.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fuu.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
>>86462
Samurai Champloo - from the director of Bebop. often recommended as a show for people suffering "post-bebop depression".

Great Teacher Onizuka - 22-year-old ex-gang member becomes a teacher.

Planetes year 2075 main characters dispose space debris

Ghost in the Shell - cyberpunk iteration of a possible future. It's been said the first two GitS movies strongly influenced the Matrix creators.

Akira - another cyberpunk-ish classic - In 1988, a psychic explosion destroys Tokyo and initiates World War III.

Genius Party + GP Beyond - "film festival" 2 collections of short films by well-renowed jap directors.

5 Cm per Second - one reviewer said "it pierces the veil of the everyday to reveal a poignant, evanescent beauty most of us notice only in rare moments." it's about love and the progression of life.
>>
>>86540
If you like Monster, OP, also try out Master Keaton.

Actually take a look at anything by that author. Reading Billy Bat right now and it's pretty damned good.
>>
>>86462
Anything by Satoshi Kon.

Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, and Paranoia Agent are a must.

Paprika's a bit cuter, but only a bit and still worth a shot.

I'd also argue that you should give Evangelion another shot. Its budget got a huge cut from episode 13 on, and that's when shit gets psychological.
>>
>>86546
>5 Cm per Second
any manga like this?
>>
>>86577
Socrates in Love
>>
>>86558
This.

Steins;Gate - There are references to otaku culture but it is a solid time travel story

Blue Literature - Adaption of 5 pieces of modern (as in, post-WWII) Japanese literature
>>
>>86462
Take a look at the past. I have similar opinions and 80s/90s anime hasn't entirely been disappointing. I'm a sucker for shit like Lupin the Third, City Hunter, and Space Adventure Cobra.

As for movies, go for the essentials: Ghost in the Shell, Jin-Roh, Metropolis, and Akira. I notice you hadn't mentioned those, and while they do go without saying, I might as well lay 'em out.
>>
>>86462
Another
Elfen Lied
Corpse Party – Tortured Souls
Hell Girl/Jigoku Shoujo
Serial Experiments Lain
Shiki
Yami Shibai
>>
>>86596
Thank you anon
>>
>>86596
Right in the feels.jpg
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.