[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help regarding cloning of SSD to SSD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: ss+(2016-03-23+at+03.01.01).png (31 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-23+at+03.01.01).png
31 KB, 750x498
I have cloned a 120GB SSD to a 500GB SSD (both Samsung 850 EVO).
I used a program called Reflect first, but I couldn't boot into the SSD afterwards so I formatted it and used AOMEI and that worked.
Though if I compare the content of the two drives, the new one is missing a couple of files.
I checked and no programs are missing.
The difference is in the Windows folders (and possibly other folders).
Is this normal?
Everything seems to work.
>>
Seems normal. Either way they're both stuffed with extra junk. My local disk (ssd) only has 31.3 GB used space.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-23+at+03.11.34).png (27 KB, 747x485) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-23+at+03.11.34).png
27 KB, 747x485
>>85472
This Win7 install is like a year old, so maybe...
But seeing as it's about system files, I'm a bit worried.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-23+at+03.12.45).png (27 KB, 748x488) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-23+at+03.12.45).png
27 KB, 748x488
>>85472
>>85473
Though there only seems to be one folder missing from system32.
>>
>>85475
Oops, I switched place of the two windows.
Oh well.
>>
Bump.
I need a little more input.
I'm worried my OS might become corrupt or something.
Is there some way to check if all of the important files needed for the OS to run 100% are present?
>>
Please.
I need a little bit more than "seems normal".
Because losing 4.5GB of system files does not seem normal.
>>
>>85478
>>85490

not necessarily, the page and hibernation files could be that large....

you're being paranoid; you'll know if there is a problem
>>
>>85498
>not necessarily, the page and hibernation files could be that large....
Good point.
I checked the two drives again and now it's a 4.3GB difference, so it could be that.
>you'll know if there is a problem
Hopefully there won't be any catastrophic errors.
I do backup my files, but I'd hate to lose any progress since I'm a music producer.

Thank you for your reply. I feel a lot better now.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.