[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How exactly do you learn Japanese? I know that I'm just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: but_majimea5.png (146 KB, 395x480) Image search: [Google]
but_majimea5.png
146 KB, 395x480
How exactly do you learn Japanese? I know that I'm just a worthless weeb so I want to at least be able to read the language that I see so much.
I honestly don't care about speaking Japanese or even understanding it in audio form at all. Reading it is all that matters to me.
>>
first you need to know the 50 sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNb6SSPLpRg
>>
I found a better one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAfi3D9K7lk
>>
you need to know both writing style btw. You can learn kanji later.
>>
Like the anon said before me you'll have to learn both hiragana and katakana. There's a daily japanese thread on /a/ with all the resources you'll need. Make sure to read the guide and study everyday.
>>
>>85423
look for the Kanji app is free and also try my japanese coach on dns emulator
>>
>>85448
>app
I don't own a smartphone, fagazoid. I wouldn't be a weeb if I owned such a thing.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (39 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
39 KB, 540x540
Nip reading student here, it takes dedication and patience so if you have neither quit while you still have the chance.

Japanese is composed of Kanji (漢字 chinese characters), Hiragana (ひらがな cursive like script), and Katakana (カタカナ blocky like script). You MUST learn to read hiragana and katana first, preferably practice writing it too as it helps memorization.

After this go to memrise and learn the first ~1,000 jōyō kanji meanings (not reading just symbol to english word meaning). This will put you in middle school level understanding of Kanji characters which will be enough for the next part.

Now go back to memrise and study N5 vocab + N5 grammar and work your way up to N4 vocab + N4 grammar. At this point you will be able to sorta understand half of what nips write, you should also be able to go to japan and get by on your own asking for directions or basic help.

From this point on you must finish learning the other ~1,000 jōyō kanji and work your way up to N1 vocab + grammar. This will give you high school comprehension of reading material and if you can ace the N1 JPLT test you can also even apply to japanese collages now.

I must warn you learning japanese takes a fucklong time, expect to get to N4 level japanese reading comprehension after a year if you study 2 hours a day like me. Good luck 先輩
>>
File: 1458721500212.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458721500212.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>85449
>I wouldn't be a weeb if I owned such a thing.
A weeb can't own a smartphone??? Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>85449
Amazon has the zte speed for $20 right now, you sure you can't even afford that?
>>
>>85456
not him but thanks I wanted to start
>>
>>85449
Keit-Ai finds a way
>>
>>85381
Let me break it down for you - learning Japanese , any non-romance language, takes applicable practice.

The Japanese written language consist of three interrelated scripts - hiragana, katakana, and Kanji.
Hiragana and katakana are a simple syllabary that you can learn in a week. I would recommend books like "Kana can be easy" and "Easy Kana workbook" as the simplest and most effective approaches to diving in to the script.

The Kanji is another matter - its the REAL Japanese you see in your favorite comics and videos games. A Native Japanese must learn a little over 2,000 characters over twelve years of compulsory education to be considered literate. You MUST get native Japanese support to learn this.

Failing all this, you might as well just ask "What is the best japanese script translator?"
>>
File: fsn5p1.png (165 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
fsn5p1.png
165 KB, 600x337
>>85503
what is the best japanese script translator ?

Just in case.
>>
>>85449
Do you mean NEET?
I'm a NEET with a smartphone and two tablets, but all I really want is a computer
>>
>>85449
I'm a shut in NEET and even I have a smartphone without a data plan.

The last time I called or texted someone was in 2011.
>>
>>85503
bump for >>85522
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.