[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so I need anime for marathoning. I need suggestions not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 8d1.jpg (28 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
8d1.jpg
28 KB, 680x383
Ok, so I need anime for marathoning. I need suggestions not on this list:

>http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zalecot

Sci-fi would be great, and for reference my favorites include:
>Tatami Galaxy
>Mawaru Penguindrum
>Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
>Eve no Jikan
>Hyouge Mono
>Planetes
>Texhnolyze
>>
Natsume Yuujinchou has another three seasons you haven't seen.
Mouryou no hako is one of my personal favorites, it's slow, and almost everyone but the main cast are awful people horrible people/
I'm not really sure how you've never seen Kino no Tabi, it's fairly well known, and still very strong of a show.
Kaiba is made by the same director that did Tatami Galaxy.
>>
>>84517
*awful, horrible people
>>
>>84518
>>84517
I am marathoning with friends so Natsume Yuujincho is out, but thanks for the rest.
>>
>>84512
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Cyber City Oedo 808
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Mot really sci-fi but Uchuu Kyoudai is great

Some stuff I like Usagi Drop,Shirokuma Cafe, MONSTER
>>
>>84530
Obligitory post to remind you not to read the Usagi Drop manga
>>
There's always all the Gundams and Macrosses
Also watch Galaxy Express 999 and Space Battle Yamato (Either the remake or the original is fine)
>>
>>84512
Bokurano (got added to CR recently), be prepared to feel sad
Rinne no wa (or sometimes known as RIN-NE) is a comfy watch. its got a really humble retro feel

id recommend more but we actually share a lot of titles
>>
>>84512
>>85129 here, forgot to mention Kino no Tabi.
like >>84517 said, its a very strong show, and it may be better watching it alone, but it's worth it
[spoiler]i own the dvd[/spoiler]
>>
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Mirai Shounen Conan
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-16-17h44m16s570.png (124 KB, 576x320) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-16-17h44m16s570.png
124 KB, 576x320
>>84512
Why is Inaban so perfect
>>
Higurashi has a second Season and a few OVAs that I could not find on your list, other than that,Samurai Champloo
>>
Durarara is a good choice, there's a bunch of seasons and they're on the finale right now
>>
>>84512
Some stuff that hasn't been mentioned so far.
Last Exile
RahXephon
Ghost in the Shell
Eureka Seven
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Martian Successor Nadesico

Someone also mentioned it before, but you might want to consider getting in to Macross as then if you decide to watch Macross Delta in the upcoming season you may get more of the references (at least consider Frontier, the Plus movie and Do you Remember Love).
>>
Fafner is really good. The first season gets a bit of a rough start, but the second season is probably one of the better mecha in the past five years, the OVA and movie are both really good too.
>>
>>84512

In order I think you should watch first:

Tenchi Muyo Ryu Ohki OVAs
Crazy sci-fi anime with light saber battles, spaceships that transform into cat-rabbits and great animation especially with facial expressions.

Gunbuster
One of the more realistic animes when it comes to science. Heavy feels near the end. Amazing animation and designs.

Martian Successor Nadesico
A great sci-fi with a comedy/parody element as well.

Macross DYRL
Series is good too but this has higher quality animation and is shorter, cutting out some boring parts of the TV anime.
>>
>>85129
It's not rinne no wa, it's kyokai no rinne, sorry
>>
>>84512
Mandatory Excel Saga recommendation since its not in your list.
>>
>>84512
pretty good taste anon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.