[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r/equesting help building a pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
/r/equesting help building a pc
>>
what abouts?
>>
>>83782
I'm not sure where the cords from the power supply connect to
>>
>>83783

Pretty sure those are SATA power cables. Basically hard drives, cd burners, and ssd's that have that type of power connector. Most new ones do. You will usually have an abundance of those left over unused.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>83785
With that aside is anything out of spot
>>
>>83786

Looks good from here, what kind of CPU do you have?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>83789
G3258
Wont seem to turn on
>>
>>83792

The entire PC won't power on? is the power supply i/o button on the on position? looks like the power cable is plugged into your motherboard. What kind of video card do you have?
>>
>>83793
Nothing will power on. I can hear the power supply being on i guess
Also i got the gtx 670
>>
>>83796

It might possibly be your video card drawing too much power from PSU. You have a 450w I assume? You could take the video card out and plug the video out through your motherboard output if it has and see if you get video.

you guess you can hear the power supply on? what about the fan to the CPU?
>>
>>83800
CPU fan isnt on either
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>83800
I've taken the card out but still nothing
>>
>>83802

Hmm. Disconnect everything except for the PSU (obviously make sure it's plugged into the wall and no surge protector cutting off power). power button on on position. make sure the CPU power pin is plugged into an actual CPU power plug on the motherboard and not a case fan one. and one ram stick. See if it turns on then. Are you sure your power button pins are in correctly? you now you have all those little pins like resetk/power/hdd light and stuff? make sure they're plugged in accurately. The power one especially.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>83804
Not entirely sure which goes where here
>>
Power SW goes in the top right two pins.
Reset should go on bottom right corner.

Power LED + goes on top left corner and the - just to the right. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
>>
>>83813
Ok, I got the CPU going
>>
>>83815

Should be good then, just plug the video card and all other stuff and you should be good to go.
>>
>>83816
Seems to all be working now. Thank you so much anon.
>>
>>83818

No problem.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.